我听到了叫声
I heard shouts.
等会再来记账
Complete the tally later.
-可是上尉 -出去 马上!
– But Lieutenant – Out, now!
把门锁上 门卫来了你再来
Lock the door and come back when the guard is in place.
快出去 Will 别管这些了 别管了
Come on, Will. Leave them, leave them!
当时的情况就是
So all that happened was:
我给门卫吹♥箫♥(口♥交♥)
I blew a soldier boy’s bugle
你还送他们两袋沙子?
and you gave them two bags of sand?
都是我的错 我神经紧张
It was my fault, I lost my nerve.
-你没错 -反正现在不可能了
– You did right. – Well, it’s impossible now.
Clarke已经提高警惕了
Clarke’s got on his belt.
等死期到了 吃的就全在他们手上
When the end comes, they’ll be the ones with the food.
虽然这个想法很大胆
It was a bold idea, though.
我的乡亲们被活活饿死
I saw my old village die from hunger.
我亲眼所见
I’ve seen what happens
我绝不让我的孩子遭这罪
and I won’t let my children suffer like that.
你没听Thomas说吗?
Did you not hear Thomas?
他再也拿不到粮仓的钥匙了
He hasn’t got the key to the food store anymore
它在Clarke身上
it’s with Clarke.
我们拿不到吃的
So we go without food
我们可以一路打渔 捕猎
we can fish and hunt along the way.
没有补给我们活不过一个星期
We wouldn’t last a week without supplies.
我们在这里孩子又能活多久?
And how long will our children last if we stay here?
他们会绞死我们
They hang us.
结果还不一样 Mary ?
What happens then, Mary?
如果我们什么都不做 我们早死了!
If we do nothing, we’re already dead!
给你的
It’s for you.
你们可以住在这里
You may have this room.
谢谢
Thank you.
我父亲希望我有朝一日
It was my father’s hope that I would one day progress
可以升职
beyond the rank of lieutenant.
我本来更适合当教区牧师
I would have been better suited as a parson
但我哥哥已经是了
but my brother had already that position.
我来这里为了事业发展
I came here to progress my career,
可能这是唯一的方法
probably the only way
他们承诺我们回去后会升职
we are guaranteed a higher rank on our return.
可你也是为了来冒险
But you came for the adventure too.
只是个伪装 糊弄别人的
A pretence, to fool others
我想 还有我自己
and myself, I suppose.
我曾认为如果我追名逐利 刻苦勤勉
I thought if I demanded more, pushed myself
我就可以逃离自我的心牢
It would be a means of escaping my own prison.
结果呢?
And have you?
现在我成功了
I have now.
你父亲 他是渔民吗?
And your father, he’s a fisherman?
我是他唯一的儿子
And I’m his only son.
他只有女儿
He only had daughters.
我过去常常帮他打渔
I used to help him with boat.
和沙丁鱼度过了很多个冬天
The pilchard harvest saw us through the winters.
有一年它们没有回来
Then one year they didn’t come.
下一年也是
And not the next year either.
这里将会发生什么变化?
What will happen here?
Phillip总督做了很多计划
Governor Phillip has drawn up plans
以防陷入无政♥府♥状态
if it falls into anarchy.
如果你们和我在一起
If you stay alongside me
我可以确保你和孩子的安全
I will make sure that you and children are protected.
谢谢
Thank you.
-有情况吗? -没有 中士
– Everything alright? – Yes, sarge.
沿着这条路一直走
Keep this way, then go through.
你使了巫术吗?
What’s all the sorcery?
鬼才知道
Buggered if I know.
我只是点头 微笑 给他上了发条
I just nod, smile and keep down wind of him.
没想到你还挺细心
Never thought you the careless type.
丢下你的老婆孩子
Losing your wife and children like that.
她们最好和他在一起
She’s best off with him, children too.
看着吧 等死期到了
You see, when the end comes
他们会给自己画个圈隔开我们
they’ll draw a circle around themselves
剩下的吃的都会在里面
and what’s left of the food will be inside it.
上尉
Lieutenant.
我要去清点面粉数量Watling先生
I’ll count the flour sacks, Mr. Watling.
好的
Sir.
“我不想你变成妓♥女♥”记得吗?
‘I didn’t want you to be a whore’, remember?
我现在就是 这就是代价
And now I am. It’s a price we both agreed to pay
别让我再做一次
so don’t make me pay for it twice over.
离开他 我们找办法多打些鱼
So leave him, we’ll find ways of keeping back more
那就有足够的补给了
of the catch, there’ll be a supply ship, there has to be.
这里就快完蛋了 我们要赶紧走
It’s finished here. We’re leaving.
但东西还没准备好
But things aren’t going faster enough.
庄稼不会再长出来了
The food won’t last long in the ground
我们还没拿到需要的装备
and we haven’t got the equipment we need.
我们都不是合格的小偷
There isn’t a good enough thief amongst us.
还有 不只我们五个要乘船离开
And on the right it’ll take more than the five of us
我们需要两艘船
to get the cutter away. We need two more.
谁?
Who?
James Martin和William Allen
James Martin and William Allen.
James Martin!你疯了吧?
James Martin! Are you mad?
他不知道就什么都不会发生
Nothing happens without him knowing about it
他可以制♥造♥混乱
he’ll queer it for us while he’s in on it.
如果我们需要的话
And William Allen could steal the Governor’s house
William Allen会偷走总督的船
away if we wanted it.
我才不要跟他们呆在一条船上!
I’ll not be in a boat with them!
来不及了
He already knows.
图表还没复♥制♥完成
I’m still copying the charts,
但我都记在脑子里了
but I’ve made this up.
光有地图是不够的 不过比例尺
It won’t be a map to travel by, but the proportions
应该没问题
should be about right.
有个伪造高手在船上真是方便
It’ll be handy having a forger on board.
我们到哪里 他就可以给我们
When we get to where we’re going he’ll be able
画些当地的钱花花
to paint us up some local money.
我们在这里 最近的人类文明在上面
We’re here, the nearest know civilization is up here.
叫帝汶岛 荷兰人的领地
It’s an island called Timor, it’s Dutch.
然后我们怎么办?
What shall we do then?
说服他们给我们回欧洲的通行证
We talk ourselves a passage back to Europe.
帝汶岛有多远?
How far is this ‘Timor’?
大概三千五百英里(约5600千米)
About three and a half thousand miles.
三千五百英里?在一条帆船上?
Three and a half thousand miles? In an open boat?
以前有人走过这条航线
It’s been done before,
但并不完全一样
not the exact same journey
但距离一样 终点在帝汶岛
but the same distance and they ended up in Timor.
你知道Bligh舰长吗?
(参见《叛舰喋血记》)
You’ve heard of Captain Bligh?
我知道的是
The way I heard it
他有十四个顽强的水手
he had fourteen hard jack tars with him.
如果包括我在内 我们只有四个男人
We’ll be four men, if you include him
那边还有个小男孩
and that boy you’ve got over there.
还有两个女人 两个小孩
And two women and two children.
悉尼湾里只有那条帆船
The cutter is the only boat in Sydney Cove that can go
能带我们逃出去
outside the harbor.
谁都追不上我们
Any chase after us won’t be able to get beyond the heads.
他们要在港湾里浪费好几天
It’ll take them days to go around..
我们就可以顺利出去
by which time we’ll be well clear.
但如果你宁愿呆在这里
But if you’d rather stay here
好了 我们最好开始准备了
Alright. We better start collecting what we need.
我们当时在检查面粉有没掺进沙子
We were making sure the ones at the back were free
然后 您最好亲自看看
of the mould, and well, you better have a look yourselves.
沙子
Sand.
八袋面粉被偷走了 八袋!
Eight sacks were taken. Eight!
这是野人的行径
This is a barbarous act
是犯罪 严重伤害了大家!
and a crime against each and every one of us!
提供有关信息的人会有奖赏
Those who come forward with information will be rewarded
一个月额外的口粮
with a month’s extra rations.
减轻六个月的劳作

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!