没什么比这个更好了 是不是
Oh, and that’s more than can be said of me, isn’t it?
我从大门走过来的
I walked from the gate.
我想仔细参观一下
I… I wanted to see it all.
很高兴见到你 吉登斯小姐
I’m glad to see you, Miss Giddens.
真的 我很高兴
Really, I’m glad.
快请进吧
Oh, do please come in.
谢谢 你太客气了
Thank you. You’re very kind.
你现在想喝一杯茶吗
Now, I expect you’d like a cup of tea?
-谢谢 -不是说你 弗洛拉小姐
-Thank you. -But not you, Miss Flora!
你不能把那个癫蛤♥蟆♥或者乌龟带进房♥间来
Now, you know you’re not allowed in the house with that toad
不管它们是什么也不行
or turtle or whatever it is.
-快 快走开 -好的
-Go on, run along, off you go. -All right.
我真想不到
I had no idea.
难以想像
I never imagined!
对不起
Oh, I’m so sorry.
没关系 小姐 这是常事
That’s all right, miss, it’s always happening.
真没想到这么漂亮
I never imagined it would be so beautiful.
我们做到最好了
Well, we do our best.
尽管一半的房♥间都是空的 上着锁 空空如也
Though half the rooms are empty now. Locked and empty.
都是一样的 打扫房♥间是个很繁重的工作
All the same, it’s too big, a job to keep clean.
但我总是说 这是孩子们的天堂
But what I always say is, it’s a heaven for children.
是的 天堂
Oh, yes, a heaven.
她是个多么迷人的孩子呀
And what an enchanting child she is.
与众不同
There’s not another like her.
但提醒你 她可有办法了 你得有解决方法
Though, mind you, she has her ways. You have your work cut out.
我一点也不怀疑
I don’t doubt it.
但是她看起来…是的 她看起来就像天使一样
But she seems… Well, she certainly looks angelic.
是的 她就是
Well, she is, too,
但是她喜欢在外徘徊 自己跑开
but she does like to wander, to go off by herself.
-我们经常到处找她 -是的 我刚才听到你叫她
-We’re always hunting her. -Oh, yes, I heard you.
就在我穿过花♥园♥的时候 我听到你叫她的名字
Just now as I was coming through the garden, I heard you call her name.
不是我 小姐
Oh, not me, miss.
可能是安娜或是库克
Perhaps it was Anna or Cook.
也可能是某个人
Well, someone.
坐下吧 小姐 请喝茶
Sit down, miss, and have your tea.
这里天黑的很快 我叫安娜拿几盏灯过来
It’ll be dark in here soon. I’ll get Anna to bring some lamps.
吉登斯小姐
Miss Giddens?
吉登斯小姐
Miss Giddens!
她走了吗
Has she gone?
是的 一会就来
Yes, for the moment.
你不会介意鲁珀特吃一点你的蛋糕吧
You don’t mind Rupert sharing a bit of your cake now, do you?
你要小心 它太肥就没法在你口袋里了
You watch out -he’ll grow too fat to fit your pocket.
我还有一匹小马
I have a pony, too.
它并不是我的 它是迈尔斯的
He isn’t really mine. He belongs to Miles.
迈尔斯是我哥哥 他去上学了
Miles is my brother, you know. He’s away at school.
你肯定很想他吧
You must miss him very much.
是的 他很快就要回来了
Well, he’ll be coming home soon.
不会 他得到暑假才回来
But not, I should think, until the holidays.
你该下楼准备洗澡了 弗洛拉小姐
Time you went upstairs and got ready for your bath, Miss Flora.
现在答应我 你不会走吧
Promise now, you won’t go away?
我会在这里呆很久
I expect to be here for a very long time.
我本来还疑虑重重呢
And to think what qualms I had.
我很害怕
I was so afraid.
-害怕 小姐 -我不能下定决心
-Afraid, miss? -I couldn’t make up my mind.
我不知道应不应该接受这个职位
Should I accept this post or shouldn’t I?
小姐 我很高兴你接受了
Well, miss, I’m sure I’m very glad you did.
毕竟 我没多少选择
Well, after all, I didn’t have much choice.
他们的叔叔最会说服人
Their uncle is most persuasive.
当然是了
Oh, and don’t I know it!
很多时候 他好像是对我施法
Many’s the time he’s worked his magic on me.
他还是个孩子时 就能玩得你团团转
Even as a boy, he could twist you round his finger
孩子们也是这样
and the children are the same way.
他很少来这里
He doesn’t come down here very often?
是的 他喜欢城市的生活
Well, he likes the town life.
他是个很受欢迎的绅士
He always was a very popular gentleman,
在这里最受欢迎的
and what’s the good of being popular
只有孩子们 鸽子和我
here with only the children and the pigeons and me.
-格罗斯太太 -怎么了 小姐
-Mrs Grose? -Yes, miss?
-她是什么样的 -谁 小姐
-What was she like? -Who, miss?
那个去世的家庭教师
The other governess, the one who died.
杰茜尔小姐
Miss Jessel?
她是个年轻女人
She was a young woman.
有人觉得她很可爱 我想是的
Some thought her pretty, and, well, I suppose she was,
但是没有您可爱 小姐
but not as pretty as you, miss, not by half.
他好像偏爱年轻 可爱的家庭教师
He seems to prefer them young and pretty.
说得对 他有恶魔的眼睛
He did. He had the Devil’s own eye.
我知道 主人都是那个样子
I mean, that’s his way, the master’s.
但是 你第一个跟谁说的
But of whom did you speak first?
怎么 当然是主人
Why, the master, of course.
没有其他人了 小姐 根本没人
There’s nobody else, miss, nobody at all.
你会溅湿吉登斯小姐的
You’ll splash Miss Giddens!
那么 另一个也很好吗
And is the other one just as remarkable?
我是说 他也是这么迷人吗
I mean, is he, too, as enchanting?
如果你喜欢这个 那见到迈尔斯少爷你会忘形的
If you like this one, you’ll be quite carried away by Master Miles.
-迈尔斯要来了 -似乎我很容易忘形
-Miles is coming! -I seem to be carried away quite easily.
我在伦敦就是这样
That’s what happened to me in London.
迈尔斯回来了 迈尔斯回来了
Miles is coming! Miles is coming!
胡说八道 小姐 你知道迈尔斯在学校
Stuff and nonsense, miss. You know very well Miles is at school.
别动
Now, hold still.
我给你的房♥间准备了个有垂幔的小床
I’ve got a little bed in your room. It’s got curtains.
-你真好 -是的
-How nice. -Yes.
格罗斯太太想给你一个大房♥间
Mrs Grose wanted to give you a big room.
但我说
But I said,
“舒适的房♥间才是她最需要的”
“She’ll only be there when she’s asleep and big rooms get bigger at night.”
晚上大房♥间会变得更大 你知道吗
And big rooms get bigger at night. Do you know that?
-它们会吗 -格罗斯太太不知道
-Do they? -Mrs Grose doesn’t know.
她在黑暗中是闭着眼睛的
She shuts her eyes in the dark.
那真是愚蠢
I think that’s silly.
-我总是在黑暗里睁大眼睛的 -是吗
-I always look in the dark. -Do you?
你看到什么了
And what do you see?
有许多空房♥间
There are a lot of empty rooms.
我对格罗斯太太说
I said to Mrs Grose,
“我希望一次睡几间房♥”
“I wish there was some way of sleeping in several rooms at once.”
格罗斯太太对我的想法很吃惊
Mrs Grose was quite startled by the thought.
我可不觉得奇怪
I don’t wonder.
她说 “胡说八道”
“Stuff and nonsense!” she said. “Stuff and nonsense!”
现在躺下睡觉了 我向主祈祷灵魂永存
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
我为什么不能和鲁珀特一起睡
Why can’t Rupert sleep with me?
因为你会压死它的
Because you might roll over and crush him.
-压死一只乌龟 -现在 完成祈祷 亲爱的
-Crush a tortoise? -Now, finish your prayers, dear.
如果我在醒来后…
If I should wake before I…
如果我在醒来前死去 我祈祷主带走我的灵魂
If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
阿门
Amen.
吉登斯小姐 上帝会把我的灵魂带到哪里去
Miss Giddens, where would the Lord take my soul to?
-去天堂 -真的吗
-To heaven. -Are you certain?
是的 当然 因为你是个乖孩子
Yes, of course, because you are a very, very good girl.
但是我可能不是
But I might not be.
如果我做个好孩子 主会不会就让我独自徘徊
And if I weren’t, wouldn’t the Lord just leave me here to walk around?
这种事会发生在某些人身上的 对吧
Isn’t that what happens to some people?
那是什么
Whatever was that?
肯定有东西受伤了
I’m sure something’s been hurt.
可能是动物
An animal.
“我们必须假装没有听见” 格罗斯太太是这样说的
“We must pretend we didn’t hear it.” Mrs Grose says that.
-假装 -那样我们就不会胡思乱想
-Pretend? -Then we won’t imagine things.
有时人们会不自觉地胡思乱想
Sometimes one can’t help imagining things.
我在柳树旁边哭泣
By the tree that weeps with me
唱着”噢 柳树”
Singing “No Willow Waly”
这种天气你应该到外边去
You should be outdoors on a day like this.
我只是在练习 格罗斯太太
Well, I was just practising, Mrs Grose.
你看到吉登斯小姐了吗 小亲亲
Have you seen Miss Giddens, my lamb?

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
前一篇文章牧羊女大冒险
下一篇文章骄傲
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!