-先生 你好 -里面好像漏油
-Yes, sir. -I got a little grease in this lining.
检查大概要半小时 需要顺便加油吗
It’ll take a half-hour to check it. You want me to fill her up, too?
-也帮我检查一下机油 -没问题
-You better check the oil, too. -Yes, sir.
-你们刚好经过这里 -对
-You boys just passing through? -Yeah.
要去还是要离开匹兹堡
Pittsburgh? Coming in or going out?
-要去那里参加业务大会 -你们是卖♥♥什么的
-Going in, to a sales convention tomorrow. -What do you guys sell?
卖♥♥药材 他再过不久就要得奖了
We sell drug supplies. He is going to get an award.
光是上个月 他就卖♥♥了一万七千元
He sold $17,000 worth last month.
算是这一区的超级业务
Fastest boy in the territory.
超级无敌厉害
Yeah. Fastest and the “bestest.”
-我们再喝一杯吧 -谢了
-Another round, one for him and yourself. -Thanks.
今天这种天气开车真够热
Sure is a hot day for driving.
下午会比较凉爽 你们现在可以休息一下
Late afternoon is better. You have plenty of time.
应该两三小时就可到达匹兹堡了
You can make Pittsburgh in two or three hours.
没错
He’s right.
查理 怎样
What do you say, Charlie?
打打撞球 过一会儿再上路
Play a little pool? Wait out the heat?
又要花钱了 每次都会
Lt’ll cost you money. Always does.
不要再浪费时间了 去拿你的球杆吧
Come on, stop stalling. Grab yourself a cue.
幸好他还负担得起
Good thing he can afford it.
再给我们一点酒
Keep them coming. J.T.S. Brown.
你没进球 又输了
You miss again, you lose again.
他欠多少
What is the kid in hock for so far?
大概60 70块
About $60, $70.
下一局我们赌10块
Next game, $10.
长得很帅 看起来也很体面 可惜不会控制酒量
Nice looking boy, clean-cut. It’s too bad he can’t hold his liquor.
我赢了 我终于赢了 快点把钱拿来吧
I made it, boy! I finally made it! Come on, pay up, pay up, sucker!
你现在手气这么好 应该去掷骰子
You ought to shoot craps with that luck!
-什么手气好 -你少装傻
-What do you mean, luck? -You know what I mean.
你下次绝对不可能手气又这么好
You couldn’t make that shot again in a million years.
不可能 我们再来试一次
I couldn’t? Okay, set them up the way they were before.
-干嘛 -放回去刚才的位置
-Why? -Set them up the way they were before.
我跟你赌20块 一定跟刚才一样准
I’ll bet you $20 that I make that shot the same way again.
手气再好的人也不可能会赢
Nobody can make that shot, not even a lucky lush.
怎样
How is that?
-是不是跟刚才一样 -对
-Is that the way they were before? -Yeah, that’s it.
再来
Come on, put it up.
我们再来一次
Set them up again.
来吧 再来一次
Come on, set them up again.
你喝醉了 小子 我不想再跟你赌
You’re drunk, boy. I’m not betting you anymore.
什么意思
What do you mean?
走吧 我们明天早上还要去参加大会
Let’s leave. We have to be at that convention in the morning.
去他的大会 我准备好要赌了
Up the flagpole with the convention! Come on, I got my money on the table.
-我不想再赌 -我跟你赌
-I don’t want it. -I’ll try you.
别这么蠢 不要再赌了
Don’t be a chump. Don’t bet any more money on that damn fool shot!
你应该知道我现在又醉又神智不清
You figure I’m a little drunk, I’m loaded on hemp…
要不要趁现在赶快下赌
…and you just want in real friendly while the money’s still floating?

Okay.
快准备一下
Go ahead. Set them up.
想要赚外快 给你105块 刚好是一周的红利
You want some easy money? Here’s $105. One week’s commission.
想要赌整局 那你还有可能把钱赢回来
You want to take the whole thing? Then you get a crack at your easy money.
-我要下赌 -我也要
-I’ll take a piece of that action. -Me, too.
-不 我要他 -我去收银机拿钱
-No, I want him! -I’ll take it out of the till.
笨蛋 我到车上等你
I’ll meet you in the car, chump!
江湖浪子
巴黎餐厅
撞球场
亨利 早安
‘Morning, Henry.
还真冷清
Quiet.
就像教堂一样
Yeah, like a church.
老油条教堂
The Church of the Good Hustler.
看起来还比较像太平间
It looks like a morgue to me.
那些赌桌就像停尸台
Those tables are the slabs they lay the stiffs on.
安啦 我们一定会赢
I’ll be alive when I get out.
-可以开哪一台 -都可以
-Any table? -Any table.
酒吧没开
No bar?
没有酒吧 没有弹珠台
No bar, no pinball machines,
也没有保龄球道 只有撞球台
no bowling alleys, just pool. Nothing else.
先生 这里是艾拇斯
This is Ames, mister.
“先生 这里是艾拇斯”
“This is Ames, mister.”
真漂亮
Nice, clean pocket-drop.
我今晚要赢多少
How much am I going to win tonight?
我今晚要赢一万块
$10,000. I’m going to win $10,000 in one night.
谁会打败我
Who’s going to beat me?
查理 拜托 谁会打败我
Come on, Charlie. Who’s going to beat me?
没有人能打败你
Okay, nobody can beat you.
一万块
$10,000!
哪有人可能在撞球场一晚赚一万
What other poolroom is there where a guy can win $10,000 in one night?
我记得以前跟一个老头对打 赌注也不过一角
I can remember hustling an old man for a dime a game.
-我们有对手了 -想要比赛吗
-We got company. -Are you looking for action?
-看情形 想打吗 -才不要
-Maybe. Want to play? -No, hell, no.
-你是艾迪富森 -他是谁
-Are you Eddie Felson? -Who’s he?
-你打得怎样 打什么球 -随便你 我都奉陪
-What’s your game? What do you shoot? -You name it, we shoot it.
我可不是什么老油条
Friend, I’m not trying to hustle.
我从不在撞球场随便跟别人挑战 所以你也别烦我
I never hustle people that bring in leather satchels. Don’t hustle me.
我是艾迪富森 喜欢打基本撞球
I’m Eddie Felson. I shoot straight pool.
有人能陪我玩一场吗
Got any straight pool shooters here?
-你喜欢哪一种基本撞球 -昂贵的那一种
-What straight pool game do you like? -The expensive kind.
你想跟明尼苏达肥子对打
You came to play pool with Minnesota Fats?

That’s right.
-想要听我的忠告吗 -需要付钱吗
-Want some free advice? -How much will it cost?
你是他的朋友还是经纪人
Who are you, his manager, friend, his stooge?
他是我的伙伴
He’s my partner.
-有钱的伙伴 -少耍嘴皮
-Well-heeled partner? -We got enough.
你们还是回家吧 肥子不需要钱
Take the boy home. Fats doesn’t need your money.
更何况你绝对不可能赢他
You can’t beat him.
这15年来 没有人打败过他 他是全国最高杆的好手
No one’s beaten him in 15 years. He’s the best in the country.
你搞错了 我才是最厉害的
You got that wrong, mister. I am.
我已经警告过你肥子有多厉害
Okay, I told you about Minnesota Fats.
你要坚持的话 随便
You just go ahead and play him, friend.
告诉我他在哪里
Tell me where I can find him, friend.
他每晚八点都会到这家撞球场
He comes in this poolroom every night at 8:00 on the nose.
他会来找你的
Stay here, he’ll find you.
禁止赌博
-你真厉害 -谢谢
-You shoot a good stick. -Thank you.
-你也打撞球吗 -偶尔会打一下
-Do you shoot straight pool, mister? -Now and then, you know how it is.
你就是明尼苏达肥子吧
You’re Minnesota Fats, aren’t you?
听说你是全国最厉害的高手
They say you’re the best in the country, where I come from.
-真的吗 -真的
Is that a fact?
大家都说肥子出手必胜
They say that old Fats shoots the eyes off them balls.
-你打哪来 -加州奥克兰
-Where are you from? -California. Oakland.
加州 你是艾迪富森
California. Is your name Felson? Eddie Felson?
没错
That’s right.
听说你最近都在找我
I hear you’ve been looking for me.
没错
Yeah, that’s right, too.
约翰 你觉得他是个老油条吗
Big John, do you think this boy is a hustler?
你喜欢赌博 赌撞球赛
Do you like to gamble? Gamble money on pool games?
我们现在就来打一场吧
Let’s shoot a game of straight pool.
一百
$100?
大家都说你的价位很高
You shoot bigtime pool. Everyone says you shoot bigtime pool.
一场两百好了
Let’s make it $200 a game.
怪不得大家叫你”刽子手艾迪” 你跟我还蛮像的
Now I know why they call you “Fast Eddie.” You talk my kind of talk.
准备一下
Sausage, rack them up!
禁止比赛
-感觉怎样 -还不错
-How do you feel? -Fast and loose, man.
紧张吗
In the gut, I mean?
还可以
Tight but good.
威利 等一下
Willie, hang on to that.
你开球
You break.
很厉害吧
I didn’t leave you much.
还可以
You left enough.
角落的六号♥球
Six in the corner.
角落的十五号♥球

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
前一篇文章爱的就是你
下一篇文章神迹
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!