You wouldn’t believe how this country’s changed.
你不会相信这郊外变了多少
First time I seen it, there wasn’t a mesquite tree on it…
我第一次看到它,没有牧豆树
or a prickly pear neither.
也没有半棵西洋梨
I used to own this land, you know.
我曾经拥有这片土地
First time I watered a horse at this tank was more than 40 years ago.
我第一次在这水塘里放马喝水时 已经是四十年前的事
I reckon the reason why I always drag you out here…
我把你拖来这里的原因是
is probably I’m just as sentimental as the next fella when it comes to old times.
当回到旧时光时 我跟其他人一样多愁善感
Old times.
旧时光
I brought a young lady swimming out here once.
有一次我带了个年轻的女士 过来这里游泳
More than 20 years ago.
大概是二十年前了
It was after my wife had lost her mind and my boys was dead.
那是在我太太发疯 还有我的小孩死掉后
Me and this young lady was pretty wild, I guess.
我想我和这个年轻的女士 当时非常疯狂
In pretty deep.
交往非常深
We used to come out here a-horseback and go swimmin’ without no bathin’ suits.
我们常常骑马来裸泳
One day, she wanted to swim the horses across this tank.
有一天她要马游过这个水塘
Kind of a crazy thing to do, but we done it anyway.
有点疯狂,但我们还是做了
She bet me a silver dollar she could beat me across.
她跟我赌一个银币 说她能先到对面
She did.
她办到了
This old horse I was a-ridin’ didn’t want to take the water.
我骑的老马不肯下水
But she was always lookin’ for somethin’ to do like that.
她总是找这种事做
Somethin’ wild.
一些疯狂的事
I’ll bet she’s still got that silver dollar.
我打赌她还有那个银币
Whatever happened to her?
之后呢?
Oh, she growed up.
她长大了
She was just a girl then really.
真的,那时候她只是小女孩
Here, let me help you with that.
让我来帮你
Why didn’t you ever marry her after your wife died?
你太太死后 你为何不跟她结婚?
She was already married.
她已经结婚了
Her and her husband was young and miserable with one another…
她跟她的丈夫都很年轻,处不来
like so many young married folks are.
就像很多其他已婚的年轻人
I thought they’d change with some age, but… didn’t turn out that way.
我想当他们长大点后会有些改变 但事实不是这样
Is being married always so miserable?
结婚都这么悲哀吗?
No, not really. About 80% of the time, I guess.
倒也不是 我想大概是百分之八十
We ought to go to a real fishing tank next year.
我们明年该去个真正 能钓鱼的地方
Nah, it don’t do to think about things like that too much.
我常在想像这样的事 没什么好处的
If she was here, I’d probably be just as crazy now as I was then…
如果她还在这里 我可能在五分钟内
in about five minutes.
变的跟当时一样疯狂
Ain’t that ridiculous?
是不是很荒谬?
No, it ain’t really…
不,不是
’cause being crazy about a woman like her is always the right thing to do.
对像她这样的女人疯狂是对的
Being a decrepit old bag of bones… that’s what’s ridiculous.
当个衰老的老骨头这才荒谬
Gettin’ old.
变老
♪ Talk to her, please ♪
太阳先生,请跟她说话
♪ Mr. Robin ♪ – My God, I’m glad it wasn’t on fire.
很高兴我没有着火
I would have burned to death before you got one button undone.
在你解下最后一个钮扣前 我可能就已经烧死了
I’m going to get a drink of water.
我要喝杯水
I wondered where you went. Annie Annie asleep?
我在猜你去哪了,安妮睡了吗?
Yeah.
睡了
Nice. You a virgin?
很好,你还是处♥女♥?
Guess I am.
是的
Too bad.
太可惜了
I don’t want to be though. – I don’t blame you.
虽然我不想 我不怪你!
Come see me when you’re not.
当你不是的时候再来找我
Why don’t we just take off and go someplace? I’m sick and tired of this town.
我们为何不去别的地方? 我对这城镇厌烦极了
You’re the only friend I got here. – You mean go and stay gone?
你是我唯一的朋友 你的意思是永远的离开?
Except Jacy. No, I don’t know.
不是,我不知道
Hey, we could go to Mexico. Be back sometime Monday.
我们可以去墨西哥 星期一会回到这里
You reckon the pickup would make it? – It might. How much money you got?
卡车能开这么远吗? 可以,你身上有多少钱?
Oh, 30 bucks about.
三十元
Well, I got 40. We could make a run with that. Come on!
嗯,我有四十元 办的到的,走吧!
Okay.

You boys want – Hey, where you going? – Mexico.
你们要… -你们去哪里? -墨西哥
Where?
哪里?
Better come with us, Sam.
最好跟我们来,山姆
We’re headed for the valley.
我们要去山谷
Going where, did you say? Mexico.
你说哪里? 墨西哥
I hear it’s about the wildest. – Yeah, all the way down.
那是最疯狂的事 一路下去
You’re going all the way to Mexico tonight in this old heap of junk?
你今晚要用这堆破铜烂铁 一路下去墨西哥?
My God.
我的天!
Reckon the town get along without us till Monday?
想过这城里到星期一前 没有我们会很好吗?
Oh, I reckon.
我想是的
If I was young enough to bounce that far, I’d go with you.
如果我够年轻,我会跟你一起去
Need any money? – No, we got plenty.
需要钱吗? 不,我们有很多
Well, you’d better take some for some insurance.
你最好多拿点以防万一
Take money below that border, it sort of melts sometimes.
拿点钱到边界,很快花完的
Well, thanks, Sam.
谢谢你,山姆
And try not to drink too much of that buggy water.
不要喝太多那些脏水
Oh, we’ll just drink beer and tequila.
我们只喝啤酒和龙舌兰
Yeah. You catch the clap, you’ll wish you hadn’t drunk nothin’.
如果你们得了淋病 就会希望什么都没喝
Oh, well. We’ll see you.
就这样 再见
Adios! – So long!
再见!
Duane. Hey, wake up.
醒来!
We’re back.
我们回来了
Oh, my stomach don’t feel so good. Got any more of those TUMS?
我的胃不舒服,有胃药吗?
Aw, you ate ’em all before we got to San Antone.
我们到圣安东尼前你就吃光了
Well, Genevieve will have something. My stomach, it don’t feel so good.
珍妮芙应该有,我的胃不舒服
Closed.
关了
Closed?
关了?
Yeah.
关了
I never seen it closed before.
我以前没见过她关过
No, not even for Christmas.
不,即使圣诞节也没有
Maybe Sam will have something. ‘Cause I’m sick.
也许山姆会有,我真的不舒服
Oh, it ain’t that early.
现在不是这么早
Must be some kind of holiday.
也许是某种假日
Sam don’t close on holidays.
山姆在假日也不关门的
Maybe he had to go someplace.
也许他去了别的地方
Well, let’s go ask Andy, huh? – Okay.
我们去问安迪
Hey, Andy. – It’s a wonder somebody don’t steal the town.
有人会偷这个城镇
Hey, where is everybody?
大家都到哪去?
Asleep, if everybody’s got any sense.
每个有理智的人都在睡觉
Well, why’d Sam close the café?
为何山姆关了咖啡店?
Oh, yeah, y’all been gone, ain’t you?
你们都不在,不是吗?
Gone to Mexico.
去墨西哥了
You don’t know about it. – About what?
你们还不知道 什么?
Sam died yesterday morning.
山姆昨天早上死了
Died? – Yep. Quite a blow.
死了? 真是不幸
Keeled over on one of the snooker tables. Had a stroke.
在那边一个撞球桌 心脏病发昏倒
Sam the Lion?
狮王山姆?
Yep. Sam’s dead.
山姆死了
He was quite a feller.
他真是个好人
He had his own way of doin’ things. That’s for sure.
他确定做事有自己的一套
They found his will – craziest thing you ever heard.
他们发现他的遗嘱 你听过最疯狂的一件事
He left you the pool hall, Sonny. What do you think about that?
他留给你撞球馆,桑尼 你有什么意见?
He left Genevieve the café.
他留给珍妮芙咖啡厅
That’s the only thing he done that made any sense.
这是他唯一做过一件有理性的事
Left the picture show to old Miss Mosey.
把电影院给老摩斯小姐
Hell, she’s too far gone to even run a popcorn machine.
她连爆米花机器也不太会操作
And the craziest thing of all –
而且最疯狂的事ue4d1
he left a thousand dollars to Joe Bob Blanton, the preacher’s boy.
他留给牧师的儿子 乔包柏布兰顿一千元
Beats all I ever heard of.
这是我听过最奇怪的事
He could just as easily left that to me…
可以留给我就好了
’cause I deserve it least as much as that ignorant little bastard.
我至少比那个白♥痴♥的小子 该得到的多
Anyhow, it’s done.
反正,结果就是这样
They’re burying him tomorrow.
他明天下葬
Don’t shit in your pants. Everybody can’t please everyone.
别尿裤子了 每个人都不能取悦所有人
Come in.
进来
I love you. – I love you too.
我也爱你
Oh, Duane, hurry.
杜恩,快
What’s wrong, honey?
怎么了,亲爱的?
Um, I don’t know.
我不知道

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!