I’m afraid I don’t know.
我不知道
You spent the winter at his encampment. As his prisoner.
你在他的大本营度过冬天 我是他的俘虏
Has he fortified his position? Acquired firearms? Tell us what you saw.
他有没有筑城或取得枪炮? 快说你看到什么
As you said, colonel, they’re savages with bows and arrows.
你也说过 他们只是拿弓箭的野人
Sir, about the… I’m sure your documents are in order.
有关于… 你的文件都没问题 谢谢
Thank you. Leave them on my desk. I’ll address them at the appropriate time.
请放在桌上 我很快会有回音
With all due respect, sir, our president’s patience is wearing thin.
恕我直言 总统快失去耐心
Perhaps there is someone else we should speak to.
也许我们应该找别人
With all due respect, ambassador
恕我直言 大使先生…
perhaps there is someone else we should speak to.
也许我们才应该找别人
For instance, the French or the English.
比如说法国人、英国人
Or any of the legations waiting in the next room.
或是在隔壁等待的各国大使
We should be looking forward to hearing from you.
我们会等候您的回音
Good afternoon, gentlemen. Captain Algren.
再见了 各位 欧格仁上尉
Perhaps you and I might have a word in private. Please, sit down.
我想私下跟你谈谈 请坐
May I offer you whiskey? No, thank you.
你喝威士忌吧? 不 谢谢
Katsumoto is an extraordinary man, is he not?
胜元是个不同凡响的人
He’s a tribal leader. I’ve known many of them.
他不过是个部落首颌 我见多了
But none who are Samurai. Their ways have great appeal.
但他是日本武士 他们是很吸引人
I don’t see how this concerns me. But it does.
这跟我没关系 当然有关系
You see, you were right. Last year, we were not prepared to go to battle.
你说对了 上尉 去年我们还没准备好
You were right, and Colonel Bagley was wrong.
你是对的 贝格利上校是错的
But now, we are ready.
现在我们准备好了
If Katsumoto is allowed to attract other Samurai to his cause…
如果有其他武士 加入胜元的行列…
we will have 1 0 years of rebellion. This is something I will not allow.
就会发生十年的叛变 我绝不能容许
Either I’ll stop him at the council today, or you’ll lead my army against him.
我今天在议会阻止不了他 你就得率兵对抗他
And with these new weapons, you will crush him.
有这些大炮 你会把他击垮
I appreciate the offer. lt is not an offer.
谢谢你的好意 这不是好意
Mr. Omura, my contract with you was to train your army.
我的合约是为你训练军队
Then we will make a new contract
那就订新的合约
one that will recognize the extraordinary contribution you’ve made to the Emperor.
我会替你在天♥皇♥面前美言几句
Do we understand each other?
你应该懂吧?
Yes, we understand each other perfectly. Then I am pleased.
是 我完全懂 那就好
Captain Algren! What in heaven’s name is going on?
欧格仁上尉 发生什么事?
The diplomatic community is abuzz.
外交圈谣言四起
Omura has passed laws against the Samurai.
大村立新法对付武士
I need a drink.
我要喝杯酒
Is your friend Katsumoto really planning to go up against the council this afternoon?
胜元真的要跟议会对抗吗?
My God, it’s started.
已经开始了
Captain Algren!
欧格仁上尉
Jolly good.
太好了
I heard you were leaving.
听说你要走了
Omura offers you my job, and you run away.
大村让你取代我 你却要落跑
I suppose I should thank you.
我猜我应该谢你
$500 a month, including back pay for time spent…
月薪五百元 包括你当俘虏…
in captivity.
被关起来的慰问金
Enough to climb back inside a bottle for the rest of your life.
够你下半辈子都泡在酒瓶里
You’re welcome.
不客气
Well, it is pretty much over.
日本武士的气数已尽
Katsumoto’s under arrest. Omura won’t let him last the night.
胜元遭到软禁 大村不会让他活过今晚
With him dead, we should have little trouble handling the rebellion…
他死了以后 就算没有你 消灭叛军…
even without you.
也会轻而易举
Especially without you.
尤其是没有你
Just tell me one thing.
告诉我一件事
What is it about your own people that you hate so much?
你为什么这么痛恨自己人?
Don’t stop. Whatever you do, don’t stop.
不管怎样都别停下来
President of the United States? Sorry.
美国总统? 抱歉
I think I’m going to be sick.
我快吐出来了
How’s your poem coming?
你的诗写得怎样?
The end is proving difficult.
最后一句很难写
This is Mr. Simon Graham. He’d like very much to take your photograph.
这是葛兰先生 他想替你拍照
I thought you returned to America.
我以为你回美国了
I decided to stay. See if I could convince you to escape.
我决定留下来 劝你逃走
How do you plan to do that?
你打算怎么做?
Mr. Graham, perhaps you would care to take pictures of my village.
葛兰先生 你想到我的村子拍照吗?
I would be greatly honored.
这是我的荣幸
The Emperor could not hear my words.
天♥皇♥不听我的话
His army will come.
他的军队会攻来
It is the end.
一切都结束了
For “9”00 years, my ancestors have protected our people.
九百年来我的祖先保护老百姓
Now…
现在…
I have failed them.
我对不起他们
So you will take your own life
所以你才要自杀?
in shame?
你感到羞耻?
Shame for a life of service?
你为国奉献一生 却感到羞耻?
Discipline? Compassion?
你一生忧国忧民、慈悲为怀?
The way of the Samurai is not necessary anymore.
武士精神已经失去意义
Necessary?
失去意义?
What could be more necessary?
这比什么都意义重大
I will die by the sword.
我要死在武士刀下
My own…
死在我自己手上…
or my enemy’s.
或是死在敌人手上
Then let it be your enemy’s.
那就死在敌人手上吧
Together, we will make the Emperor hear you.
我们要让天♥皇♥听到你的心声
Algren.
欧格仁
I’d say two full regiments.
他们有两个兵团
They’ll come in waves of a thousand.
每一波攻击都有上千人
And they have the howitzers.
他们也有榴弹炮
It makes no difference. They will come, and we will make our stand.
这并不重要 我们只要誓死奋战就行
How many men will we have? Maybe 500.
我们有多少人? 也许五百人
Like General Custer, huh?
就跟卡斯特将军一样
There was once a battle at a place called Thermopylae.
古希腊有一场色摩比利战役
Three hundred brave Greeks held off a Persian army of a million men.
三百人对抗一百万波斯大军
A million. You understand this number?
一百万大军 你明白吗?
I understand this number.
我明白
For two days the Greeks made them pay so dearly…
希腊人在两天内杀敌无数
the Persian army lost all taste for battle and were defeated soon after.
让波斯士兵胆颤心惊 很快就被逼退
What do you have in mind? Take away the advantage of their guns.
你有什么想法? 他们拥有强大火力
They’re overconfident. We’ll use that. Lure them close.
一定会轻敌 要利用这点 把他们引过来
Close enough for a sword.
用武士刀对付他们
You believe…
你相信…
a man can change his destiny?
一个人能改变命运?
I think a man does what he can
一个人只能全力以赴
until his destiny is revealed to him.
等待命运揭晓
May 25th, 1877.
1877年5月25日
This will be the last entry in this journal.
这是最后一天的日记
I’ve tried to give a true accounting of what I have seen, what I have done.
我试着忠实记录我见到的事 我的所作所为
I do not presume to understand the course of my life.
我这一生过得懵懵懂懂
I know I am grateful to have partaken of all this…
但是我很感激能参与这一切…
even if for a moment.
就算只有短短的一刻
You will need this.
你会需要这个
What does it say?
上面写什么?
“I belong to the warrior in whom the old ways have joined the new.”
我是融合传统与现代的武士
Good God.
老天爷
Sir, the lmperial Army of Japan demands your surrender.
阁下 日本皇军要求你立刻投降
If you lay down your arms, you will not be harmed.
只要你们放下武器就不会受伤
This is not possible, as Mr. Omura knows.
大村先生知道这是不可能的
Captain Algren.
欧格仁上尉
We will show you no quarter.
我们不会宽待你的
You ride against us, and you are the same as them.
跟我们对抗 会跟他们一样下场
I’ll look for you on the field.
我会在战场上对付你
Captain Algren.
欧格仁上尉
Mr. Graham.
葛兰先生
Perhaps you can use these for your book.
也许你能用得上这些书
Yes, I will. Captain.
我会的 上尉
Godspeed.
保重
Mr. Graham.
葛兰先生
Commence firing!
开炮
They’re covering their retreat. You see?
他们在掩护退路 看到没?
Even the mighty Samurai cannot stand up to the howitzers.
就连武士也抵档不了大炮威力

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!