My father was an inventor.
我的父亲是个发明家
A genius with anything mechanical. Nine patents, six pending.
一个机械方面的天才 九项专利 还有六项未定下来的
He dropped out of Harvard. “to get an education,” he said.
他从哈佛辍学 “为了得到学位” 他这么说
I grew up with the belief…
我从小就坚信
that the world belonged to him, and that everything he said was true.
这是一个属于他的世界 他所讲的一切都是真理
Look around you. How did America get this way?
看看你周围吧 美国怎么成这副德行了
Land of promise. Land of opportunity.
承诺的大地 机会的沃土啊
“Give us the wretched refuse of your teaming shore.”
“从你富饶的土地上给我们那凄凉的废墟”
Have a Coke! Watch TV.
喝可乐 看电视
Have a nice day.
祝你一天愉快
Go on welfare.
持续的福利
Get free money.
白拿的钱
Turn to crime. Crime pays in this country.
变成了犯罪来为这个国家买♥♥单
Why do they put up with it? Why do they keep coming?
这些人为什么能容忍♥这些?为什么坏事总不停歇?
Look around you, Charlie.
看看你周围吧Charlie
This place is a toilet.
这地方儿就是一茅坑
The whole damn country is turning into a dope-taking, door-locking
这整个该死的国家都变成了一个蠢货泛滥 门都关不严的
ulcerated danger zone of rabid scavengers criminal
充满残暴食腐动物犯罪份子
millionaires and moral sneaks.
和百万富翁以及道德小人的地方
Nobody ever thinks of leaving this country. I do.
没人想过要离开这里 除了我
I think about it every day.
我每天都在想这件事情
I’m the last man.
我是那个最后的人类
I want an 8-foot length of rubber seal with foam backing.
我要一个八英尺长的带有泡沫的橡胶密封条
This country’s going to the dogs.
这个国家将是属于狗的
Nobody cares.
没人在意
“I just work here.” That’s the attitude.
“我只是在这里工作” 这就是他们的态度
Buy junk, sell junk, eat junk.
买♥♥垃圾 卖♥♥垃圾 吃垃圾
Don’t want it.
我不要了
That’s what you asked for.
你刚刚自己说要这个的
Who are you working for? The Japanese?
你给谁打工呢?日本人?
If you don’t want it, just say so.
你不要就直说啊
Just said so. Don’t want it.
我刚说了啊 不要了
Look. Made in Japan. I don’t want my hard-earned
看吧 日本制♥造♥ 我可不愿意
American dollars converted into yen. I want an American length of rubber seal.
自己辛苦挣来的美元兑换成日円 我要一个美国长度的密封条
Do you work here?
你在这里工作?
All right, we’ll get it someplace else. This is not the only place in town.
好吧 我们去别的地方买♥♥ 这又不是这里唯一能买♥♥到的地儿
Good-bye.
再见
Or maybe I should have said, “Sayonara!”
哦或者我应该说”Sayonara!”
I tell you, Charlie, I’m not goin’ back into Hatfield again.
Charlie我跟你讲 我们在也不要去Hatfield了
I’m sick of dealing with people who want things I’ve already rejected.
我厌倦了和那些需要我已经明确拒绝过的东西的人打交道
Things they see on TV.
那些他们在电视上看到的东西
They talk about nuclear destruction as if it were a game show topic.
他们像说一个游戏节目话题一样谈论核能危害
All winter, Father had been saying, “There’s going to be a war in America.
整个冬天 父亲都在讲”美国将有一场战争了”
“It’s coming,” he said. He was restless and talkative.
“快了”他说 并且总是焦躁又喋喋不休
He said the signs were everywhere. In the high prices, the bad tempers…
他说迹象到处都是 物价上涨 气氛诡异…
… the gut worry, and the stupidity and greed of people.
… 没有胆量 以及人♥民♥的愚蠢和贪婪
Bloody crimes were being committed in the cities…
城市里到处是暴♥力♥和犯罪…
… and the criminals were unpunished.
… 并且没有犯罪被绳之以法
It wasn’t going to be an ordinary war, he said…
他说这将不是一场普通的战争…
… but rather a war in which no side was entirely innocent.
… 而是一场没有任何一方是无辜的战争
It’s like a human’s insides.
就像是一个人类的内部构造
Entrails and vitals.
内脏和命脉
See, that’s his digestive system.
看见没 那是他的消化系统
Circulatory system.
循环系统
Respiration. Lungs.
呼吸道 肺
Fatty tissue. Kidneys.
脂肪组织 肾脏
The ammonia?
至于氨
That’s his plasma.
那是他的血液
Got it?
明白了吧?
But, Dad…
但是 爸爸…
…what is it?
…这是什么?
It’s perfection. That’s what it is.
是完美 他就是完美
Where is he, Mrs. Fox?
他在哪儿 Fox女士
Mrs. Fox!
Fox女士!
He’s not here right now, Mr. Polski.
他现在不在 Polski先生
He had to go to Hatfield to get a part for something.
他去Hatfield买♥♥什么东西去了
I can see his truck, Mrs. Fox.
我看见他的车路 Fox女士
He’s there fooling about in his workshop…
他本该在谷仓操作制冷系统的
… when he should be rigging up a cooling system in the barn!
…现在却来唬弄他的工作
I have asparagus rotting all over the place.
这里的芦笋都开始腐烂了
Now, you tell him to get down here and now!
马上叫他过来这里 立刻!
He was pretty mad. Something about a cooling system.
他快疯了 制冷系统出了什么问题
Forget that. I got something much better for him out there.
别管他 我这儿有更好的东西给他
Honey, he’s gonna love it. I’m gonna knock his socks off.
亲爱的他绝对会喜欢这个东西 我会让他大吃一惊
I’m gonna straighten his hair.
让他震惊得合不拢嘴
Where you been?
去哪儿了你?
About half a glass of water.
接半杯水来
What is this?
这什么玩意儿?
Got a match, Doc?
有火柴吗博士?
You get here late, the asparagus is rotting, and you ask me for a match?
你已经来晚了 芦笋都开始腐烂了 现在你还来问我要火柴?
If it wouldn’t be too much trouble.
如果您还方便的话
Mr. Fox.
Fox先生
Jerry, what’s he doing? He won’t answer me.
Jerry 他在干什么?怎么不回答我?
I don’t know.
我也不知道
Now he cooks a glass of water.
现在这是在煮水?
What is this thing? It looks like a stove.
这到底是什么?看上去像个炉子
My baby.
我的宝贝
It’s my baby boy.
宝贝孩子
Fat Boy. That’s what we’ll call it. Fat Boy.
大胖小子 我们叫他大胖小子
This is foolishness!
这太蠢了!
Patience, Doc.
有点儿耐性吧
Please, I’ve got work to do.
得了吧 我还有活儿要干
Come on, Doc! Take a look.
拜托了博士 看一看吧
Boy, ain’t that something?
哎哟 还有点儿意思
But how did I do it? Where’s the juice?
这是怎么做到的?果汁呢?
Where’s the electrical cord?
电线在哪里?
Kerosene.
煤油
I made ice out of fire.
我用火做出了冰
Yes. So it seems.
嗯 看起来是的
Wanna see how it works?
想知道它是怎么工作的吗?
No, no! Some other time. Here.
不 算了 下次吧 拿去
This is just a scale model.
这还只是个小尺寸的模型
I’m planning on building you a huge one, Doc. What do you think?
我计划给你造一个大的 博士你怎么看呢?
What I think is…
我觉着吧…
…l’m in the asparagus business, not the inventing business.
…我在做芦笋生意 不是发明生意
You’re missin’ the point, Doc.
你漏掉重点了 博士
I can preserve the excess with Fat Boy here.
我可以通过”大胖小子”来保存好剩下的芦笋啊
With that thing? It’s too small.
就用这个?也太小了
I told you, this is a scale model!
跟你说了这是个小尺寸的模型
And it’s ingenious, Mr. Fox. That’s why I hired you.
我知道这非常有创造力 Fox先生 所以我才聘用的你
But I also hired you to do what I ask you to do.
但我是聘请你来做我叫你做的事情
To come up with a simple, practical cooling system in the barn…
处理谷仓里那些简单使用的制冷系统…
…and not fool around with crazy schemes and go off in my time…
…而不是成天想些疯狂的方案并且浪费我的时间…
…inventing contraptions!
…搞发明!
Now, please, to work!
现在请你马上去工作!
What’s this? It’s not a rest period! We have work to do.
看什么看?现在不是休息时间 都干活儿去
Close that door. We’ll lose all the cold.
把门关上 冷气都快被放光了
He didn’t like it very much, Dad.
他不是很喜欢这个啊 爸爸
He hated it. Positively hated it.
他讨厌这个 非常讨厌它
Absolute contempt.
完全看不起
But I’m glad of that.
但我挺高兴的
That’s what really gets me cookin’. What would have happened if he liked it?
这才是让我有动力的原因所在 要是他喜欢倒成问题了
Then I really would’ve been worried. Then I’d have gone back to bed.
我会因此而担心 只好回床上躺着
What do you know? We got a couple of minutes, okay?
行了 我们还有时间好不好?
All right. Here you go.
好了 继续
Migrant workers.
移♥民♥工
Polski’s peons.
Polski的苦工们
Right out of the jungle. Didn’t know when they were well off.
就在丛林外面 却不知道自己有多富足
They think this is a paradise. I’d trade places with them in a minute.
他们觉得这里才是天堂 我毫不犹豫地宁愿跟他们交换
You know what they got down there? Geothermal energy.
知道他们在这里能得到什么吗?地热能源

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!