Little Penguin, Kiki and Opossumy.
小企鹅 琪琪和负鼠
“Lots and lots of love, Mommy.”
好多好多爱 妈咪
Should we write her back?
我们该刻在她背上吗
Can I have a quarter?
我要那些硬币
Can you have a quarter?
你要硬币
Yeah, but you know you can’t spend these.
可是你可不能花掉这些钱
Because they come from the cottage
因为他们是从以前
where Mom and I used to take you
爸妈生你的时候的小屋里拿来的
when you were a baby.
当时你还是婴儿
Then can I have them all? Sure.
现在都是我的吧 当然
My wife, Lara Brennan, she was sent up here.
我妻子 劳拉·布伦南 她被送这儿来了
Brennan, BRENNAN. I’m sorry, but she can’t have visitors.
布伦南 BRENNAN 抱歉 她还不能见客
That’s ridiculous. I have to see her.
扯淡 我必须见她
Lara! Lara! I’m sorry.
劳拉 劳拉 对不起
You can’t go down there!
你不能去那儿
You can’t be in here! Hey, hey, stop. Stop right there.
你不能待在这儿 站住 站那别动
Where you going? Hey, come back here. Lara!
你去哪儿 给我回来 劳拉
Lara! Sir!
劳拉 先生
What the hell is going on? My wife attempted suicide.
怎么回事 我妻子企图自杀
They brought her up here. I have to see her, please.
她被送到这儿来了 我必须见她 求你了
She’s not allowed visitors. So why isn’t she in the ER?
她暂时不让见客 那为什么不在急诊室
Because she’s a transfer from County Jail.
因为她从县监狱里转进来的
Just two minutes, please.
就两分钟 好吗
Two minutes.
两分钟
Okay.
好吧
Thank you.
谢谢你
Two minutes.
两分钟
So, The Life and Times of Don Quixote.
那么 堂吉诃德的生平与时代
What is it about?
讲的什么
That someone’s belief in virtue
一个人对美德的追求
is more important than virtue itself?
远比美德本身更可贵吗
Yes, that’s in there. But what is it about?
书里都有 但到底讲的什么呢
Could it be about how rational thought destroys your soul?
讲的是理性怎样璀残你的灵魂吗
Could it be about the triumph of irrationality
还是非理性的巨大成功
and the power that’s in that?
本身就产生了力量
You know, we spend a lot of time trying to organize the world.
我们花了太多时间去整理这个世界
We build clocks and calendars and we try and predict the weather.
我们发明了钟表和日历又去预测天气
But what part of our life is truly under our control?
然而什么才是我们真正能控制得了的呢
What if we choose to exist purely
如果我们在自己一手制♥造♥的
in a reality of our own making?
现实中选择了清白
Does that render us insane?
这会使我们变成异类吗
And if it does, isn’t that better than a life of despair?
如果是 是否比绝望的生活更好
It’s a course that investigates what
这门课程是研究
drives men to be free,
人类为何追求自♥由♥
no matter the cost.
无论付出多少代价
Some other teacher had dibs on Papillon?
其他老师赌狗吗
You escaped from jail seven times.
你成功越狱了七次
What do you want to know?
你想知道些什么呢
How you escaped when no one else could.
你是怎么做到别人之所不能的
Balls and a little luck.
胆量和一点儿运气
No prison in the world is airtight.
世上没有无懈可击的监狱
Each one has a key. You just have to find it.
每个都有一把金钥匙 就看你怎么找了
How do you do that?
你怎么找的
A lot of looking.
多多观察罢了
Especially at things that break up the daily routine.
尤其得注意那些比较反常的事情
Guards get comfortable doing the same thing day in, day out.
看守们每天重复着同样的事浑然不觉
Something happens, that’s when they make mistakes.
一旦发生事情 就是他们犯错误了
When you see it, you have to be ready.
你发现的话 就要准备了
You have to have the entire plan already in place,
你必须有一个全盘计划
even before you know how you’re going to get out of jail.
即使你事前对越狱一窍不通
Escaping is easy, the hardest part is staying free.
越狱不难 难的是如何保住自♥由♥之身
You have to know where you’re gonna go
你必须明确目的地
and how you’re gonna get there.
和如何去
You have to know how they plan
你也必须清楚他们怎么
to catch you, where and when.
去抓你 何时何地
Well, how the hell are you supposed to know that?
我怎么可能知道那些事
You pay off someone who knows.
花点钱问问知道的人
And a lot depends on if the prison
此外监狱在乡下还是城里
is in the country or the city.
也不容忽视
City.
城里
Where are you from?
哪儿
Pittsburgh.
匹兹堡
Pittsburgh’s tough.
很难啊
So many bridges and tunnels they can block off.
很多桥梁和隧♥道♥都会被封
From the time they make the call,
他们一声令下
the police can have the center of the city
警♥察♥会在十五分钟之内
sealed tight in 15 minutes.
把市中心封锁起来
How can they be so exact?
他们怎么会那么准时
After 911, Homeland Security
911之后 国土安♥全♥局♥
made every city have a lockdown plan.
制定了所有城市的封锁计划
Downtown Pittsburgh, Philly,
匹兹堡市中心 费城
Boston, Minneapolis, 15 minutes.
波士顿 明尼阿波利斯 十五分钟内关闭
They can do D.C. In under 10.
华盛顿能缩小到十分钟之内
Within 35 minutes, they can have cops
三十五分钟内 州际边界的每个检查站
at every tollbooth on the interstate
都会布满警♥察♥
and be running rolling stops on the secondary roads.
二级公路上变成了流动的检查站
They won’t have your photograph yet,
即使没有你的大头照
but they will have your description.
他们也会知道你的长相
What if you can’t get out?
你跑不了怎么办
Thirty-five minutes is not a lot of time.
三十五分钟可不长啊
Then surrender.
那就投降好了
Because they will shoot you on sight,
因为他们当场就会将你们击毙
along with anyone else you’re with.
一个也不留
Stay far away from the train and bus stations.
别去火车和汽车站
Forget the local airports. Leave from another state.
别去本地机场 到其它州起飞
Second, identity. It’s easy to find fake papers,
第二 身份 弄份假证件容易
harder to find ones that will get you through an airport.
混过机场安检很难
You’ll need a passport, a driver’s license
你需要一本护照 驾驶证
and a social security number.
一个社保号♥
If you have to rent a car,
如果你必须租车
find a place that will take a cash deposit.
找个能存钱的地方
They’ll still run a credit check,
他们会不断查你的信♥用♥卡♥
so use a real person’s name on the ID.
所以要找一个真名做身份
Third, destination.
第三 目的地
You want somewhere
你要找一个
that doesn’t attract American tourists.
美国游客不多的地方
Think Yemen, and you get the idea.
也门可以考虑下
And money, you’ll need a truckload of it.
还有钱 你需要很多钱
Everything’s expensive, hotels, travel, information.
到处都烧钱 住店 交通 个人信息
How much?
多少
Enough to last at least five, six years.
至少能坚持五六年
You run out of money, you run out of friends.
钱越少 朋友也越少
But before you do anything,
不过做任何事之前
you have to ask yourself if you can do it.
得问问自己是否有能力做这件事
Can you forget about ever seeing your parents again?
你能忘记父母之情吗
Can you kill a guard? Leave your kid at a gas station?
你能下手杀掉看守吗 把小孩留在加油站
Push some nice old lady to the ground
把好心的老大娘推开
just because she gets between you and the door?
只是因为她挡了你的路
Because to do this thing, that’s who you have to become.
要做这些事 你就得变成这样
And if you can’t, don’t start,
如果你做不了 就别做
’cause you’ll just get someone killed.
因为这会害死人
How did you get caught?
你怎么会被抓的
I gave myself up.
我自己投降了
I couldn’t take wondering when someone
当有人想穿门而入时
was gonna come through the bedroom door.
我没有坚持住
So, what do you have in your pocket?
你口袋里有什么
Good luck.
祝你好运
No prison in the world is airtight.
世上没有无懈可击的监狱
Each one has a key. You just have to find it.
每个都有一把金钥匙 就看你怎么找了
How do you do that?
你是怎么做的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!