弗林特先生 这起案子不仅仅牵涉到你和你的杂♥志♥
Look, Mr. Flynt, this case is bigger than just you and your magazine.
这个案子最麻烦的是有组织犯罪这一指控
In your case, what’s more troubling is this organized-crime charge.
有组织犯罪? 拉里又不是暴徒
Organized crime? Larry’s not in the mob.
弗林特先生 我得问你一次
Mr. Flynt, I gotta ask you one time.
你参与了任何有组织的犯罪吗?
Do you have any connections to organized crime?
绝对没有
Absolutely not.
例行公事
Gotta ask.
对了 叫我拉里吧 – 好 拉里
By the way, call me Larry. – All right, Larry.
如果是这样的话 拉里 这完全是一个狗屁指控
In that case, Larry, this is a completely bullshit charge.
但是我们得认真对待
But we have to take this seriously.
你有可能因此被判7到25年的监禁
Because you could conceivably be looking at seven to 25 years.
25年?
Twenty-five years?
我只不过是品位低俗罢了
All I’m guilty of is bad taste.
我侄子鲍比朝牧师的背后开了一枪
My cousin Bobby shot a preacher in the back.
他只被判了6个月 – 鲍比给了牧师一枪?
He got six months for it. – Bobby shot a preacher?
你不知道吗? – 哪个教派?
You didn’t know? – What denomination?
浸信会 – 不枉我那么疼他
Baptist. – I always liked that kid.
稍后再谈论鲍比侄子好吗? 我们需要认真地讨论一下案情
Can we discuss Cousin Bobby later? We need to discuss this case seriously.
如果你想听我的建议… – 我很认真呢 我还在作笔记
If you want my advice… – I’m serious. I’m taking notes.
汉密尔顿郡法庭 俄亥俄州 辛辛那提 1977年
女士们先生们 早上好
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
在开始之前…
Before we begin…
我要为这个案子给大家带来的不愉快道歉
I must apologize for the unpleasantness of this task.
因为你们即将看到的事情会使你心惊肉跳
What you’re about to see is going to take your breath away.
好色客杂♥志♥让男人和女人…
Hustler magazine depicts men and women…
在一起摆出…
posed together…
各种下流无♥耻♥的姿势
in a lewd and shameful manner.
他们也让女人和女人…
Hustler depicts women and women…
在一起摆出各种淫♥荡♥且羞耻的姿势
posed together in a lewd and shameful manner.
甚至还让圣诞老人…
Hustler magazine depicts Santa Claus…
也摆出下流♥淫♥荡的姿势
posed in a lewd and shameful manner.
他在说什么?
What’s he talking about?
天啊拉里
Jesus Christ, Larry.
法官阁下 被告辩护律师请求将证据呈堂…
Your Honor, the defense would like to introduce into evidence…
即其他27在辛辛那提出♥售♥的男性杂♥志♥
27 other men’s magazines sold in the Cincinnati area.
例如小棚屋 花♥花♥公♥子♥… – 反对!
Titles such as Penthouse, Playboy… – Objection!
反对有效
Sustained.
反对有效?
Sustained?
等等 法官大人 如果我可以
Wait a second, wait a second. Your Honor, if I may.
这些杂♥志♥…
These magazines…
和好色客的内容一模一样
contain material that is virtually identical to Hustler magzine.
如果这些杂♥志♥合法 而好色客不合法…
If these magazines are legal and Hustler is not legal…
显然 这个案子就是选择性起诉
then this is clearly a case of selective prosecution.
不行
No.
抱歉 你说不行?
I’m sorry. Did you say no?
我不会采纳这些证据 它们与本案无关
I will not allow them into evidence, Sir. They’re irrelevant to this case.
它们当然是有关的 它们清楚地显示了公众标准…
But they are not irrelevant, they are not irrelevant. They very clearly demonstrate the community standard…
说明… – 不行! 警告!
which is laid out… – No! counsel!
陪审团会代表公众标准…
The jury is representative of community standards…
而不是一大堆杂♥志♥ 我不同意它们作为证据
not a pile of magazines. I won’t admit them.
你不同意
You won’t admit them.
弗林特先生…
Mr. Flynt…
麻烦你翻到七十七页?
would you please turn to page 77?
请你向陪审团描述下…
Would you describe to the jury…
七十七页的内容 先生?
what is on page 77, please, sir?
是圣诞老人的图片
It’s a picture of Santa Claus.
圣诞老人在干嘛?
What is Santa Claus doing?
他和圣诞婆婆说话…
He’s talking to Mrs. Claus and holding in his hand…
手里的抓着一截硕大而坚挺的老二
what appears to be a large, erect penis.
请再读下图片的标题?
And would you read the caption under that cartoon, please?
写着:
It says:
“我迫不及待 吼吼吼”
“This is what I’ve got to ho, ho, ho about.”
弗林特先生 你觉得…
Mr. Flynt, do you think…
国父们在起草宪法第一修正案时…
the Founding Fathers had a cartoon like this in mind…
满脑子都是这种图片吗?
when they wrote the First Amendment of our great constitution?
不 我也不认为他们会想着花♥花♥公♥子♥杂♥志♥或者人物杂♥志♥…
Well, no, but I don’t think they necessarily had Playboy in mind or People either for that matter…
因为那个时代有那个时代的标准
because I saw a couple of four-letter words in there few weeks back.
难道不是公众决定这个标准吗?
But isn’t a community allowed to set its own standards?
不是 道貌岸然的审查制度而已
No. That’s just a disguise for censorship.
利斯先生 这个国家是你的 也是我的
This country belongs to me as much as it belongs to you, Mr. Leis.
如果你不喜欢好色客 就别看
And if you don’t like Hustler magazine, don’t read it.
我不看
I don’t.
那在杂货店里翻杂♥志♥的天真孩子们呢?
But what about the innocent children who gaze upon your magazine in our grocery stores?
喔 听着…
Well, look…
在酒吧里逮到孩子在喝酒
you know, if a kid gets caught drinking beer in a tavern…
国家也不会禁售百威啤酒的
we don’t ban Budweiser across the nation.
陪审团的女士和先生们…
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury…
你们已经了解案情了 我不想…
you’ve heard a lot here today, and I’m not gonna try…
又重复一遍
to go back over it all again for you.
但你们得回到后面的房♥间 并做出决定
But you have to go back in that room and make some decisions.
在你们做决定之前 我想澄清一件事
And there is one thing I want to make very very very clear to you before you do.
我不是想说服你们…
I am not trying to convince you…
去接受拉里·弗林特的所作所为
that you should like what Larry Flynt does.
我也不欣赏拉里·弗林特的杂♥志♥
I don’t like what Larry Flynt does.
我想要的是…
But what I do like…
我们生活的国家…
is that I live in a country…
是一个民♥主♥的国家
where you and I can make that decision for ourselves.
一个可以买♥♥到好色客…
I like that I live in a country where I can pick up Hustler…
想读就读…
and read it if I want to…
想扔就扔的自♥由♥国度
or throw it in the garbage can if that’s where I think it belongs.
我也可以压根就不买♥♥它
Or better yet, I can exercise my opinion and not buy it.
我有权利 我关心我的权利
I like that I have that right. I care about it.
你们也一样关心自己的权利
And you should care about it too.
就应该这样
You really should.
因为我们生活在一个自♥由♥国度
Because we live in a free country.
而不是经常挂在嘴上 有时却忘记了…
We say that a lot, but I think sometimes we forget…
它真正的涵义 所以强调一下
really what that means, so listen to it again.
我们生活在一个自♥由♥国度
We live in a free country.
这是个英明的想法 也是高贵的生活方式
And that is a powerful idea. That’s a magnificent way to live.
但是 自♥由♥是要付出代价的 那就是有时…
But there’s a price for that freedom, which is that sometimes…
我们必须要忍♥受不喜欢的东西
we have to tolerate things that we don’t necessarily like.
您有自♥由♥思考的权利…
So go back in that room, where you are free to think…
不管你们怎么看待拉里·弗林特和好色客
whatever you want to think about Larry Flynt and Hustler magazine.
扪心自问 您是否愿意为我们其他人做这个决定
But ask yourselves if you want to make that decision for the rest of us.
因为在座各位的自♥由♥…
Because the freedom that everyone in this room enjoys…
掌握在你们手里
is in a very real way in your hands.
如果为了阻挡某些人认为淫秽的事物 就建起高墙…
If we start throwing up walls against what some of us think is obscene…
也许我们某天早上醒来…
we may very well wake up one morning…
会发现各处充斥着
and realize walls have been thrown up…
我们建起的高墙 而这却不是我们所乐见的
in all kinds of places that we never expected.
那个时候 我们将被束手束脚
And we can’t see anything or do anything.
那不是自♥由♥
And that’s not freedom.
那不是自♥由♥
That is not freedom.
请三思
So be careful.
谢谢
Thank you.
做出裁决了吗? – 是的 法官大人
Have you reached a verdict? – Yes, Your Honor, we have.
把陪审团裁决给法警
Hand the verdict to the Bailiff.
被告请起立
Will the defendant please rise?
请克拉克女士 宣读裁决
Madam Clerk, read the verdict.
“我们 陪审团 认为被告人…
“We, the jury, find the defendant…
拉里·克拉克斯顿·弗林特 符合各项罪控”
Larry Claxton Flynt, guilty as charged on all counts.”
在我宣判前 你想说什么?
Do you have anything to say before I sentence you?
法官大人…
Your Honor…
整个庭审…
you have not made…
都没做出一个英明的决定…
one intelligent decision during the course of this trial
我也不指望你了
and I don’t expect one now.
尽管判刑吧
Knock yourself out.
你被判在俄亥俄州监狱服刑二十五年
I sentence you to 25 years in the Ohio State Penitentiary.
不! – 我们申请保释
No! – We request bail.
保释申请驳回! – 驳回?!
Bail denied! – Denied?!
法警 把他带下去 – 这是正常程序!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!