but his nib’s wife
实际上 呃
actually, uh,
我在想那位大人♥大♥概不会介意 但是
I was thinking his nibs probably wouldn’t mind so much, but
他的夫人
his missus,
可能会介意 -到底是什么事
might… -What for dear Christ sake?
好吧 这件事有点
Well, it’s sort of a hard thing
难以启齿
to say. Uh,
她可能会介意你没有梳洗就上桌了
she might mind if you come to the table without a wash up.
就这样
Yeah.
早上好啊 母亲 父亲
Hello, Mother, Father.
车就停在附近了
Car’s around the side.
还有人和你一起吗
Is there anyone with you?
我夫人也来了
My wife.
餐巾都叠好了
So the napkin is pinned.
接下来
So…
去生火吧
Light the fire.
是 女士
Yes, ma’am. -Yes, ma’am.
至少试着让这间屋子暖和起来
At least we’ll try and warm this place.
他们到了
They are here.
你别紧张
You keep normal.
我把他们带进来
I can bring them in.
噢 看这些伞多可爱啊
Oh how sweet, they have their own umbrella.
柑橘酒
Orange blossoms.
这里可是文明的岛屿
It’s an island of civilization here.
我刚在 呃 和乔治聊他哥哥
I was, uh, telling Georgie about your brother
还是耶鲁大学优秀学生联谊会的一员 是吗
Phi beta Kappa at Yale. Wasn’t it?
是的 他读的古典专业
Yes. And classics.
是的
That’s right.
那他训牛的时候是用希腊语还是拉丁语啊
So, uh, he swears that the cattle in Greek or in Latin.
萝丝钢琴弹得很好
Rose plays the piano very well.
是吗
Do you?
真是个惊喜
That’s a nice surprise.
我先去外面看看菲尔
I’ll just go have a look. See out the back for Phil.
噢 太好了 我想见见你的这个兄弟
Oh, good. I want to meet this brother.
好的
Yes.
啊 来了两个我们没法戏弄的人
Ah, here are two people we can’t fool.
噢 是的 你戏弄不了我们
Oh, no, you cannot.
百科全书里的所有东西我们都了如指掌
We know everything, we’re walking encyclopedias.
至少我对里德没有一点办法
At least I am. I have nothing to do but read.
她最近都在《读者文摘》里读《图坦卡蒙的诅咒》节选
She have been reading the “Curse of Tutankhamun” in the digest.
所以
So, uh,
你相信诅咒吗
you believe in the curse?
噢 不不 我不喝 乔治调的怪味酒
Oh no, no. I’m not drinking, George’s concoction.
是的 我相信
Yes I do.
但你知道图坦卡蒙只是 一个十八岁的小男孩吗
But did you know the Tutankhamun was just a boy, only 18?
菲尔 你在吗
Phil, are you here?
我一直在找你
I was looking for you.
好吧 你找到我了
Well, you found me.
大家都到了
Everyone’s here.
我们准备开饭了
And we’re just about to eat.
他们都在问你
They were asking after you.
是吗
Really?
是的 我们都在期待你和我们一起聊天
Yes, we were counting on your conversation.
我之前不该对你说那些有关你…
I shouldn’t have said what I said to you about…
把你们道歉的话都省了吧
You two can keep your apologies to yourself.
我不去
I’m not coming.
我该怎么回复他们
And what will I say?
老太也想见你
The Old Lady wants to see you too.
她大老远跑来
She’s come a long way.
你就实话实说
You tell them the truth
我臭烘烘的
that I stink.
而且我很喜欢这味道
And I like it.
菲尔没什么事吧
Nothing could have happened to Phil, could it?
没有 没事
No, he’ll be fine.
一定是有事耽搁了
Something just must’ve come up.
那么 萝丝
So, Rose,
你能为我们演奏一曲吗
are you going to play for us?
是的 乔治告诉我们你琴弹得很好
Yes. George told me you play very well.
噢 不 -是的
Oh no. -Yes.
我很久没练过了
I’m terribly out of practice.
噢 我知道你经常弹琴
Now, you’ve been playing a lot.
我知道的 -我不知道弹什么
You know you have. -I don’t know what to play.
就弹我喜欢的那首
Play the one I like.
哪一首 -就 那首…
What one? -Why, the…
关于吉普赛人的歌♥?
The one about the gypsy?
我可能记不太清了
I can’t seem to remember that one.
那就随便弹什么
Play anything.
我很抱歉
I’m so sorry.
我弹不出来
I can’t seem to play.
我只给电影弹过很久 很久的伴奏
I– I played in the cinema pit for hours and hours.
很抱歉
I’m so sorry.
她把你治的服服帖帖的是吧 乔治 这才是主要的
Well, she got you halter trained right, George? That’s the main thing.
不好意思
I’m so sorry.
不 真是很愉快的一晚
No, it was a lovely, lovely evening.
谢谢
Thank you.
噢 你就是菲尔吧
Oh, you’re Phil.
原来你没被豹子吃掉
So you weren’t eaten by a cougar?
现在还没
Not yet.
我很遗憾没能和你聊上几句
Well, I am sorry to have missed your conversation.
我听说你很聪明
I’ve heard that you’re brilliant.
你不会想靠近我的 不用恭维我
You’re gonna want to keep your distance and just stop the horse.
反正你想要的也不是聊天
Anyhow, you don’t want conversation
我猜你一直在听钢琴和跳舞吧
you’ve been listening to the panano and dancing, I guess.
你跳舞了吗
You dance?
你没有弹琴吗
You didn’t play?
你练习了这么久
Sure did practice a terrible lot.
不会觉得在电影里和晚餐会上
She wouldn’t think there’s much difference
弹琴有什么区别吧
between a cinema pit and a dinner party.
你去哪了 菲尔
Where have you been, Phil?
我很担心你 都吃不下东西
I could hardly eat. Been worrying about you.
我没梳洗 所以我没有来
I didn’t get washed up so I didn’t come.
你没梳洗?
You didn’t wash?
他是在农场干活 是吧
Oh, he’s a ranch man. Isn’t that right?
从他一身泥就看出来了
That’s on his dirt.
再次谢谢你 -谢谢
Thank you again. -Thank you.
你有没有想过把医书留在这方便暑假用
I wonder if he didn’t think about leaving your medical books here for the summer.
我考虑过 但是
I thought about it, but
你也知道 这些书是爸爸的
you understand they are dad’s.
转过来
Turn around.
你有在好好吃饭吗
Are you eating?
我交了个新朋友
I made a new friend.
他叫我医生 我叫他教授
He calls me doctor and I call him professor because
因为这是我们的理想职业
that’s what we wanna be.
那你怎么不邀请你的朋友来农场呢
Well, why don’t you invite your friend to the ranch?
不要 萝丝
No, Rose.
为什么不呢
Why not?
谢谢
Thank you.
我不想让他见某个人
I don’t want him to meet a certain person.
把那条腿按在地上
Keep that leg touched down.
你抓住它了吗 -当然
You got him? -Here.
抓住它的头
Grab his head.
我按住了 -我也是
I got it, I got it. -Got it.
你怎么不戴手套
How come you don’t wear gloves?
我不需要 所以不戴
I’m not cause they’re not needed.
我已经阉了1500只兔子了 最后一个轮到你
Castrate 1500 heads then make your turn on the last.
我们差不多收工了
About that, so, I think we’re finished.
那是…
Is that…
南希小姐
Miss Nancy.
我们的服务生?
Our waiter?
是了 就是他
Yeah. That’s him.
从现在开始他就要在这儿满地跑了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!