要不要叫医生?
What about a doctor?
明天早上再说,现在赶快去拿轮椅
In the morning, just get that wheelchair now.
卡洛琳!
Caroline!
卡洛琳!
Caroline!
你怎么动作这么慢?
What in damnation took you so long?
我已经尽快了
I came as fast as I could.
看来我们需要加重药的剂量,也想不出别的办法
We’re just going to have to double his remedies. That’s all I can think of.
卡洛琳,帮我扶他起来
Caroline, help me here. Help me get him.
快点,就这样
Come on. That’s it.
你想跑到哪里去?
Where did you think you were going?
才过了两天,他就已经企图自杀
You’re here two days and he already tried to kill himself.
你对待病人还真有一套
Must have some kind of bedside manner, huh?
那是我的专长之一
One of my many charms.
到底发生什么事了?我来帮她更新遗嘱…
So, what exactly happened? I came to update her will…
她跟医生说…他从窗子摔下去?
she’s up with the doc, says he fell?
没错
He did fall.
从他的轮椅上摔下来?
Like what, from his wheelchair?
怎么可能?从那上面?从那上面摔下来?
You cannot be serious. From up there? He fell from up there?
怎么可能?他根本不能走动
How? He can’t even walk.
拜托千万别辞职,不然我又要开始找人了
Please don’t tell me you’re quitting. I have to start over again.
可以把门关起来吗?我想给你看一个东西
Will you shut the door? I want to show you something.
你知道我妈以前常说什么吗?
You know what my mama used to say?
要是一个女孩请你进她的闺房♥,那她一定不是什么好女孩
If a lady invites you into her room, she probably isn’t much of a lady.
你们南方人还真有智慧啊
Homespun Southern wisdom grows on trees around here, doesn’t it?
我昨晚在班的房♥间…
I found this in Ben’s room…
找到这个
last night.
找到什么?他的脏床单?
Found what? His laundry?
不是,上面本来有…
No, it had a…
本来有… – 有什么?
There was… – Had a what?
本来有一个… 有一个…
There was a… It had a…
算了
Forget it.
我以为…
I thought it…
我也糊涂了
I don’t know what I thought.
我很佩服你
I admire you.
你的职业
You know, what you do.
我连照顾自己的父母都有困难
Hell, I wouldn’t be able to take care of my own parents.
你一定会后悔
You’d regret it.
我当初为了朋友的乐团而休学
I quit college to help out with some friends” bands.
一天到晚得巡回
Out all night, always on the road.
我爸以为我毁了我的前途
My father thought I was throwing my life away.
所以我们冷战,也不见面
So we didn’t talk, didn’t visit.
我们从来没机会和好
Stubborn and proud, and that’s how we left it.
你的意思是…
You mean…

Yeah.
我根本还不知道他生病,他就过世了
He was gone before I even knew he was sick.
他可能不想让我受苦吧
I guess he wanted to spare me from all this.
那有什么不对?
Is that so wrong?
谁都不该孤伶伶地死去
No one should have to die alone.
你刚才想告诉我什么
So tell me what you were going to tell me.
有关班的事
About Ben.
你会不会觉得…
Do you ever feel like…
他需要你的帮忙?
he’s asking you for help?
我的帮忙? – 一个眼神…
Asking me? – With a look or…
或是动作?
a touch.
马修先生?
Mr. Marshall?
那男孩在哪儿?卡洛琳…
Where in damnation is that boy? Caroline…
你有没有看到…
have you seen Mr…
这可好了…
Well…
你们在培养感情是吧
I see the children are getting acquainted.
薇儿丽…
Now, Violet…
你是我生命中最重要的女人
you know you’re the only woman in my life.
少给我胡说,把你的臭手拿开
I know no such things, and remove your perspirations.
医生已经走了,所以我想…
The doctor has departed, so l”m ready…
跟你讨论一下不动产的事,要是你现在…
to discuss estate matters, if you have finished…
不忙着做别的事
soliciting your new business.

All right.
只要你有时间
Whenever you get the time.
卡洛琳?
Caroline?
我要泡点茶
I’m making some sweet tea.
你想喝一点吗?
Are you interested?
卡洛琳?
Caroline?
“献祭”
“Sacrifice.”
你在屋里吗?
Are you in the house?
卡洛琳?
Caroline?
孩子,你怎么忘了关门
You’re forgetful, child.
神啊,时候到了
It is time, Lord.
从干燥的尘土…
From the dry dust…
从捆绑的铁链中…
out of these chains…
从魔鬼的居住地中
from the devil’s house.
神啊,该是时候了…
It is time, Lord…
带领我…
to take me…
从干燥的尘土中,打断捆绑我的铁链
from the dry dust, break me from these chains.
带我脱离魔鬼的居住地
Bring me from the devil’s house.
带我脱离黑暗
Take me out of darkness.
让我走出盲目的日子
Walk me out of blindness.
将我的忧伤除去
Lift me out of sadness.
拯救我脱离罪孽
Save me from my damned- ness.
神啊,求求你
Please, Lord.
神啊,时候到了
It is time, Lord.
带我离开干燥的尘土,让我从…
Take me from the dry dust. Break me…
铁链中脱离,带我远离魔鬼的居住地
out of these chains. Bring me from the devil’s house.
带领我离开…
Take me out of…
当地的一个乐团
Just a local band.
我们去喝点东西吧?
How about you buy me a drink?
反正那不是一般的阁楼
Whatever it is, it’s not your average attic.
她说自从他们搬进屋里,那扇门就一直被锁着
She says it’s been locked up ever since they first moved in.
那根本就是巫术嘛
You found yourself a hoodoo room.
什么? – 巫术,你知道巫术是什么吗?
A what? – Hoodoo. You know what hoodoo is?
就像巫毒对吧?
It’s like voodoo, right?
错了,巫毒是一种宗教
Wrong. Voodoo’s a religion.
来自非洲的奴隶,把巫毒带到海地
Slaves brought it to Haiti from Africa.
他们会敬拜神、天堂和地狱
You worship God, heaven and hell.
巫术有什么不同? – 那是魔术
How’s hoodoo different? – It’s magic.
美国的民间魔术跟神并没有什么关系
American folk magic. God doesn’t have much to do with it.
魔术? – 对
Magic? – Yeah.
有非洲、欧洲和美国原住民的传统
It’s part African, part European, part Native American.
新奥尔良是巫术的起源地
And New Orleans is its home. It started here.
我的诺拉阿姨对巫术很有兴趣,她常会到艾吉尔买♥♥东西
My Aunt Nola’s into it. She shops at a place in Algiers.
你说那房♥子很古老对吧?
Look, you said the house had a history, right?
巫术不会害人 – 是吗?
Hoodoo is pretty harmless. – Harmless how?
通常是心理方面的东西
It’s psychological, like a lot of that stuff.
要是你不相信它,就不会受害
It can’t hurt you if you don’t believe.
你阿姨买♥♥东西的地方…
So this place your aunt shops at…
你有去过吗?
Ever seen it?
应该是这条街,要不然就是下一条…
It’s either this street or the next one…
或是下一条
or the next one.
就是那儿
There.
那里?那是洗衣店
There? That’s a Laundromat.
我只知道她都去那儿
Look, that’s all I know. That’s where she goes.
你要不要进去?
So you coming in or what?
不要
I’m not.
还以为你不信这种东西
I thought you don’t believe in this stuff.
我是不信
I don’t.
不过我也不想惹麻烦
But l”m not just going to mess around with it.
你要进去的话,就去啊
So, you want to go in, go ahead.
你是害怕吧
You’re scared.
吉儿大姐害怕了 – 去死啦
Jill the Thrill is scared. – Kiss my ass.
你这样真的很丢脸喔,我们大老远来…
You’re never going to live this down. We come all the way out here…
我才不怕
l”m not scared.
晚安,卡洛琳
Good night, Caroline.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!