晚安
Good night.
我明明跟你说过镜子的事
I told you about the mirrors.
我不懂
I don’t understand.
这不是你家
This is not your house.
这是我找到的,我的浴室需要一面镜子…
I found them. I needed a mirror for my bathroom…
我跟你说过了,你也听得很清楚,不准用镜子
I told you, and you heard me. No mirrors.
不准用镜子!
No mirrors!
我看过那房♥间了
I’ve seen the room.
什么房♥间? – 你说你从来没看过的房♥间
What room? – The room you say you”ve never seen.
不再是锁着的
It’s not locked anymore.
孩子,你不懂自己看到了什么
No, child, you don’t know what you”ve seen.
你现在最好告诉我是怎么一回事
You’re going to tell me right now.
要不然我就走
Or l”m leaving.
你不是南方人
You’re not from the South.
你不会懂
You won’t understand.
你不可以随便进去上面那房♥间…
That room up there, you just don’t go in and…
从里面任意丢东西出来
throw things out of a room like that.
东西一定要归位
You leave them just where you found them.
这房♥子虽然是我们的,但也算是他们的
The house is theirs just as much as ours.
这是谁的房♥子?房♥间里的东西是谁的?
The house is whose? Whose things are in that room?
好吧
All right.
90年前…
About 90 years ago…
这里住了一位银行家,他名叫索普
there was a banker here, his name was Thorpe.
他专门骗穷♥人♥的钱
He made his fortune cheating the poor.
他的心地很坏,脾气很不好
He was a mean man. He was a cruel man.
当初这儿住了他和家人,还有几位仆人…
It was him, and his family, and couple of servants…
名叫西西莉妈妈和贾斯菲爸爸
name of Mama Cecile and Papa Justify.
坐下
Sit down.
现在…
Now…
据说索普老先生,当时并不知道…
the way I heard it, old man Thorpe, he didn’t know…
贾斯菲爸爸是个“双头医生”
that Papa Justify was a “two- headed doctor.”
他和西西莉都是魔法师
He was a conjure man. So was Cecile.
他们相信… – 巫术
They believed in… – Hoodoo.

Yeah.
那就是他们的房♥间
That was their room.
他们当时非常出名
They were famous all through the bayous.
他们医治病人并消除鬼怪
They healed the stck and they hurt the mean.
就像黑人说的:“为达到目的不择手段”
“Hit a straight lick with a crooked stick,” as the coloureds say.
但他们在老索普眼中,不过是仆人
But old Thorpe, he just saw them as help.
根本就是奴隶
And he worked them to the bone.
他还虐待他们
He abused them.
据说有一晚…
Until one night, as the story goes…
开了一场派对
there was a party.
那晚刚好是银行周♥年♥庆♥,所有大人物接连出席
It was the bank’s anntversary, all the btg mucketymucks were here.
政客、巨富和船业大亨
Poltttctans, sugar barons, rtverboat tycoons.
全场饮酒作乐…
There was a lot of drinking and dancing…
我相信也有不少打情骂俏的画面
and a couple of trysts, l”m sure.
眼看就要散会了…
And then, finally, when tt was time to say farewell…
在场的客人想跟孩子们说再见
some of the guests wanted to wtsh goodbye to the chtldren.
不过没有人找到他们,好几个小时都不见他们的踪影
But nobody could find them. They hadn’t seen them in hours.
因为客人都喝了白兰地,所以决定开始玩游戏
So, being all full of brandy, they made tt a game.
“我们来找小孩吧”
“Let’s Find the Chtldren. ”
一间一间地找
Room after room after room.
终于有人在阁楼…
Finally, someone heard mustc…
马丁?葛瑞丝?
Martin? Grace?
听到了音乐…
and votces and shouting…
声音和喊叫声
up in the atttc.
从魔鬼的居住地
From the devil’s house.
神啊,该是时候了
It is time, Lord.
仆人当时跟孩子们在一起
The servants were up there wtth the chtldren.
想教孩子们怎么行巫术
They were trying to teach them how to conjure hoodoo.
取他的头
And take his head.
索普和其他人都气疯了
Thorpe went about insane, and so dtd the rest of the guests.
这种亵渎神明的事到底持续了多久?
I mean, how long had thts blasphemy been going on?
孩子们说是自己的错,因为他们想要学巫术
The chtldren satd tt was thetr fault, that they’d wanted to learn.
不过大人们可不相信
But they weren’t having any of that.
所有的愤怒和狂乱顿时都发泄出来
All that power and rage and insantty.
派对划下了句点
The party was over.
成了一场梦魇
It was a terrible thing.
很可怕
Terrible.
谣言不断,不过并没有人被逮捕或审判
Rumours got out, but no arrests, no trial.
金钱解决了一切
Money had its way.
那一家人最后怎么了?
What happened to the family?
银行倒闭
The bank went under.
索普把太太杀了,再拿枪自尽
Thorpe shot his wife to death, and then turned the gun on himself.
大家都说是因为贾斯菲和西西莉在报仇
People in the bayou say it was Justify and Cecile’s revenge.
孩子们在这儿住到1962年
The children stayed here till “62.
不过他们从没告诉过我们为何那房♥间上了锁
But they never, ever, told us why that room was locked.
或是房♥子里没有镜子的原因
Or why there were no mirrors in the whole house.
现在我们知道了
Now we know.
知道什么?
You know what?
会在镜子里看到他们
You see them in the mirrors.
谁?
Who?
仆人们
The servants.
我看了几本巫术的书,书上都说…
I’ve gone and read some hoodoo books, and they say…
在地上洒砖粉能够避邪
putting brick dust down’II keep harm away.Mrs. Devereaux.
所以我在屋外洒了一整圈砖粉
So I made a big circle of it around the whole house.
我怎么能相信你在镜子里看到鬼
You can’t expect me to believe you see ghosts in your mirrors.
鬼现在就在这儿
The ghosts are here now.
不过我绝不会让自己…
But whatever they did to him…
像他一样落入他们的魔掌中
I am not going to let them do it to me.
你现在…
Now you’ll leave…
就像其他人那样离开这儿吧
like all the rest of them.
班,你太太还真迷信
That’s some superstitious wife you got there, Ben.
她觉得你们家阁楼有鬼
She thinks you have ghosts in the attic.
蛮恐怖的吧?
Spooky, huh?
等一下,我马上回来
Hold on. I’ll be right back.
她说能在镜子里看到他们
She says you see them in the mirrors.
镜子里的鬼
Ghosts in the mirrors.
班,对不起
I’m sorry, Ben.
班,别这样
Ben, stop it.
放松,我真是…
Relax. I’m so…
真的很抱歉
I’m so sorry.
真的很抱歉
I’m so sorry.
你也看得到他们
You see them, too.
我要到镇上去一趟
I’m going to town.
买♥♥东西
Shopping.
卡洛琳,买♥♥什么?
What for, Caroline?
卡洛琳,买♥♥什么?
Caroline, what for?
看了就知道
We’ll just have to see.
他不会再打你了
He won’t beat you again.
欣西雅妈妈,他昨天晚上打我
Mama Cynthia, he beat me last night.
用我帮你配的药…
You use the potion that l”m going to fix for you…
我向你保证就不会有事了
and it won’t happen again. I will promise you that.
我好害怕 – 不要害怕
I’m scared. – Don’t be afraid.
你确定我可以这样? – 一定有效,不会有事的
Are you sure that I can do it? – I know it will. It will work.
照我说的做,不要害怕
Just do as I say. Don’t be afraid.
一定会有效,绝不会再发生
It will work, and it won’t happen again, ever.
不要担心,他不会再打你了
Don’t worry about it. He won’t hit you again.
只要用我配的药方,里面加了很多不同成分
Just use this potion I mixed up. I have a lot of things in here.
照我指示的做
And you use it as I told you.
好,我相信你 – 一定行
Okay, l’ll trust you, Mama. – You’ll do fine.
门前的砖粉要怎么用?
That brick dust at the door, how does it work?
洒成一直线
You lay a line down.
想要伤害你的人,绝对过不去
Nobody that means you harm can cross it.
这样你就知道敌人是谁
It’s how you tell who your enemies are.
就像是催眠,对吧?
It’s like hypnotism, right?
还是心理暗示?
Suggestion?
这种招术之所以有效,是因为人们迷信吧?
And when this stuff works, it’s because someone believes it works?
要是有人觉得…
And if you thought, you know…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!