驴子!
Burro!
成功了
Made it.
有香烟吗
Have you got any cigarettes?
不 没有 只有些烟草…
No, I haven’t. I’ve got a little tobacco…
如果你们要的话
if that’ll do.
有卷烟的纸吗
No paper to roll it in?

Papers?
给你
Here you are.
-要去多伦哥吗 -对
– Going to Durango? – Yeah.
我要去那里
That’s where I’m headed.
我要去卖♥♥掉我的驴子
I’ve got to sell my burros.
我要去换些钱 我现在一分钱也没有了
I got to get some money. I haven’t got a red cent.
有火柴吗
Matches?
钱 我们也需要钱
Money? We need money, too.
是吗 我需要雇个赶牲口的好手
Yeah? I could use a good mule driver…
也许两个或三个
maybe two or three.
要付多少钱
How much is the pay?
两比索
Two pesos.
当然 我不能提前给你钱…
Of course, I can’t pay you in advance…
要等到我到了城里才能有钱
I got to wait till I get to town so I can get the money.
我以前在哪里见过你吗
Do I know you from someplace?
可能我认识你
Maybe I know you.
不 我不觉得
No, I don’t think so.
-你自己一个人吗 -不
– Are you alone? – No.
不是一个人
I’m not alone.
我有个朋友骑着马在后面
I got a couple of friends coming along on horseback.
对 他们随时都可能赶到
Yeah, they ought to be here any minute.
真有趣
That’s funny.
在强盗出没的地方一个人牵着这么多驴子…
A man all by himself in bandit country with a string of burros…
而他的朋友却骑着马落在大后面
and his friends behind him on horseback.
你朋友一定离这里还很远
Your friends must be very far behind you.
帕布鲁看不到他们的马扬起的灰尘
Pablo cannot see any dust even from their horses.
我告诉你 他们随时都会来的
They’ll be along any minute, I tell you.
我知道你是谁了 你就是在山上碰到的那个
I know who you are. You’re the guy in the hole.
不肯把枪给我们的那个
The one who wouldn’t give us the rifle.
我以前从来没见过你
I never laid eyes on you until now.
你这袋子里是什么
What you got in the bags?
-好像是兽皮 -对
– Seems to me like hides. – Yeah.
说得对 是兽皮
That’s what they are, hides.
应该很值钱
Ought to bring in quite a lot of money.

Yeah.
你确定不想跟我一起
Sure you don’t want to come along with me
帮我照看这些驴子吗
and help me with the burros?
驴子
Burro.
不要碰我的驴子
Get away from my burro.
我们可以卖♥♥掉这些驴子 价钱能跟你的一样
We can sell those burros for just as good a price as you’d get.
不要碰我的驴子
Get away from my burro.
你用那东西也就吓唬个病虱子
You can’t frighten even a sick louse with that.
你只能打死我们中的一个…
You can only shoot one of us…
而且这个人也不太介意
and he wouldn’t mind too much.
反正联邦部队在追我们呢
The federales are after him anyway.
你有枪有什么用
So what with your gun?
-我们会抓住机会的 -退后
– We’ll take that chance. – Get back there.
-枪声 -同时射击 可能是枪决犯人
– Shooting. – Volley. Execution probably.
-杜比西死了 -什么
– Dobbs is dead. – What?
-强盗抓住了他 -我们的东西 我们的东西呢
– Bandits got him. – Our goods. What about our goods?
-什么 -他说我们的东西在他的办公室里 很安全
– What? – He says our goods are safe in his office.
-这里没有 霍华德 -别着急
– It’s not here, Howard. – Keep your shirt on.
什么
What?
他听过强盗被枪决前的谈话
He heard the bandits talking while they were waiting to be shot.
他们以为杜比西把兽皮里面放上沙袋…
They thought it was bags of sand hidden among the hide…
是为了卖♥♥的时候增加重量
to make it weigh more when Dobbs went to sell them.
它们在哪
Where are they?
在城外的废墟那里 快点!
They’re in the ruins outside town. Come on!
笑啊 科汀 我们被命运之神…
Laugh, Curtin, old boy, it’s a great joke played on us…
或者自然之神或者什么开了个玩笑
by the lord of fate or nature, whatever you prefer…
不关是什么 他一定很有幽默感
but whoever or whatever played it certainly had a sense of humor!
金子又回到我们发现他们的地方去了
The gold has gone back to where we found it!
这可是值10个月的遭罪般的劳动
This is worth ten months of suffering and labor,
这个玩笑真是…
this joke is!
好吧 霍华德 我想知道你下一步打算怎么办
Well, Howard, what next I wonder?
我考虑要当一个巫医
I’m all fixed as far as I’m concerned as a medicine man.
每天三餐不愁 如果我想的话 可以吃五顿…
I’ll have three meals a day, five if I want…
有房♥子住 时不时有酒喝暖和身子
roof over my head, and a drink now and then to warm me up.
我会被崇拜 被供养 受到大主教般的礼遇…
I will be worshipped, fed, and treated like a high priest…
跟他们讲些他们想听的话
for telling people what they want to hear.
有空来看我 小子
Come and see me sometime, my boy.
等你看到我是多么的受人崇敬 连你也要为我脱帽
Even you’ll take off your hat when you see how respected I am.
前天
The day before yesterday,
他们想让我做他们的长老
they wanted to make me their legislature.
他们的长老!
Their whole legislature!
我不知道那是干什么的
I don’t know what that means.
但我想这是他们能给的最高荣誉
I think it’s the highest honor they can bestow.
对 我的下半生都决定好了
Yeah, I’m all fixed for the rest of my natural life.
你呢 你要去干什么
How about yourself? What do you aim to do?
我还没什么主意
I haven’t got any idea.
你还年轻
You’re young.
还有足够的时间发三四次财
You’ve got plenty of time to make three or four fortunes.
你知道 最后发生的其实也没有这么坏
You know, the worst ain’t so bad when it finally happens.
比你之前预测的一半坏都没有
Not half as bad as you figure it’ll be before it happens.
我不会比在坦皮科时更糟了
I’m no worse off than I was in Tampico.
你碰到我的时候我还有几百美元呢
I’m out a couple of hundred dollars when you come down to it.
跟杜比西丢的比起来还不算多
Not very much compared to what Dobbsie lost.
没有想去的什么特别的地方吗
Any special place you’re bent on going?
没有 所有地方对我都是一样
No, all places are the same to me.
你可以把我的那份
You can keep my share of
卖♥♥驴子和兽皮的钱也留着…
what the burros and the hides’ll bring…
如果你想用它来买♥♥一张去达拉斯的车票的话
if you use it to buy a ticket to Dallas.
去看看科迪的妻子 比写信要好
See Cody’s widow. Better than writing.
而且 现在是7月 是采摘水果的季节
And besides, it’s July and the fruit harvest.
怎么样
How about it?
说定了
It’s a deal.
好了 我们走吧
Well, let’s get going.
-再见 科汀 -再见 霍华德
– Goodbye, Curtin. – Goodbye, Howard.
-祝你好运 -你也是
– Good luck. – Same to you.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章午夜牛郎
下一篇文章十诫(1956)
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!