嘿 伙计 能赏…
Say, buddy, will you stake a fellow…
嘿 先生 能赏给美国老乡一口饭吃吗
Hey, mister, will you stake a fellow American to a meal?
买♥♥彩票吗 先生
State lottery, senor?
闪开 我不会买♥♥什么彩票的
Beat it. I ain’t buying no lottery tickets.
大奖有4000比索呢
4,000 pesos is the big prize.
滚开 你个小要饭的
Get away from me, you little beggar.
一张彩票才4比索 肯定会中的
The whole ticket is only 4 pesos. It’s a sure winner.
我没有4比索
I ain’t got 4 pesos.
那1比索买♥♥四分之一张彩票吧
Buy a quarter of a ticket for 1 peso silver.
你再不走
If you don’t get away from me,
我就把这杯水泼到你脸上
I’ll throw this water right in your face.
那买♥♥十分之一吧 先生 只要40…
Then one tenth of a ticket, senor, for 40…
先生 买♥♥二十分之一吧
Senor, buy one twentieth.
只用花20分
One twentieth costs you only 20 centavos.
看 先生 把数字加起来 你买♥♥的是”13″
Look, senor, add the figures up. You get 13.
真是个好数字 一定会中的
What better number could you buy? It’s a sure winner.
-好吧 什么时候抽奖 -3周后
– Yeah, how soon’s the drawing? – Only three weeks off.
给我20分之一 我可不想在看见你这张丑脸
Give me a twentieth so I don’t have to look at your ugly face.
欢迎下次再买♥♥
Come again next time.
我的买♥♥主总是赢家 我有全部的幸运数字 祝你好运
I always have the winners, all the lucky numbers. Good luck.
十三
Thirteen.
对不起
Excuse me.
抽烟吗
Cigarette?
谢谢
Thanks.
-天好热啊 -是啊
– It’s hot. – Yeah.
坦皮科是个他妈的什么地方啊
What a town, Tampico.
你说的对 兄弟
You said it, brother.
要是我找到工作 有了足够的钱来买♥♥回家的票…
If I could get a job that’d bring enough to buy passage…
我早就开路回家了 要多快有多快
I’d shake its dust off my feet soon enough, you bet.
我要是当地人的话 去弄管鞋油给人擦皮鞋
If I was a native, I’d get a can of shoe polish…
我就赚大了 他们是不会让个外国佬轻易发达的
and I’d be in business. They’d never let a gringo.
你可以坐在长椅上 等着饿个半死
You can sit on a bench till you’re three- quarters starved.
你可以从其他的外国佬那里乞讨
You can beg from another gringo,
要不就去入室抢劫
or even commit burglary.
在街上给人擦皮鞋…
You try shining shoes in the street…
或者卖♥♥柠檬水 你的问题就解决了
or peddling lemonade out of a bucket and your hash is settled.
你是不会从美国人那里找到工作的
You’ll never get another job from an American.
对 那些当地人会纠缠你 烦死你
Yeah, and the natives would hound and pester you to death.
-有些城镇需要去适应 -哪个不是
– Some town to be broke in. – What town isn’t?
能赏给美国老乡一口饭吃吗
Can you stake a fellow American to a meal?
嗨 先生.
Hey, mister.
能赏给美国老乡一口饭吃吗
Will you stake a fellow American to a meal?
从没见过你这么厚颜无♥耻♥的
Such impudence never came my way.
今天中午时 我给了你一次钱
Early this afternoon, I gave you money.
我擦皮鞋的时候 又给了你一次
When my shoes were being polished, I gave you more.
现在你又来跟我要
Now you put the bite on me again.
帮帮忙好吗 偶尔也去别人那里要点
Do me a favor. Go occasionally to somebody else.
真是烦人
It’s beginning to get tiresome.
对不起 我没有认出您来
Excuse me. I didn’t know it was you.
我从不会去看别人的脸
I never looked at your face,
只会注意他们给的钱和给钱的手
just your hands and the money you gave me.
求你了 我保证再也不会来找你了
Beg pardon. I promise I’ll never put the bite on you again.
这是你从我这里能得到的最后一点了
This is the very last you get from me.
记住了 别忘了你的诺言
Just to make sure you don’t forget your promise,
再给你一个比索
here’s another peso.
-谢谢 先生 -但是从现在开始…
– Thanks, mister. – But from now on…
你就要自己去讨生活了
you have to make your way through life without my assistance.
嗨 伙计 能赏给美国老乡一口饭吃吗
Hey, buddy, will you stake a fellow American to a meal?
我一分钱也不会给你的
I won’t give you a red cent.
你如果想要钱 我就给你个工作
If you want to make some money I’ll give you a job.
-有什么内♥幕♥ -没什么内♥幕♥
– What’s the catch? – There’s no catch.
如果你想要我就给你 是个累活 但是报酬不错
I got a job if you want. It’s hard work, but good pay.
-有过钻井经验吗 -有
– Did you ever rig a camp? – Sure.
船就要开了 有个伙计还没有来
The ferry’s making off, one of my men hasn’t shown up.
不知道他发生了什么事
I don’t know what’s happened to him.
可能在哪个酒吧喝醉了
He’s probably drunk in some dive.
-工资怎么算 -每天8美元
– What’s the pay? – $8 a day.
别光站在这里
Don’t just stand there.
快决定 船要开了
Make up your mind, the ferry doesn’t wait.
-我同意 -快走
– I’m your man. – Come on.
-你好 -你好
– Hello, there. – Hello, yourself.
好了 伙计们 都上船
Okay, you guys, get aboard.
拿到你那边去
Take it your way.
你们两个怎么回事 受不了这份累吗
What’s the matter with you two? Can’t you take it?
树荫下也有130度
It’s 130 in the shade,
铁架上可没有什么荫凉
and there ain’t any shade up there on that derrick.
想象成你们两个是大富翁
Just figure you’re a couple of millionaires
在自己家里洗蒸汽浴就行了
in your own private steam bath.
尽快干完
And the sooner we’re through…
我们就能回城里喝冰镇啤酒了
the sooner we’ll be back in town drinking cold beer.
如果在两周内完工 我就给你们一大笔奖金
We finish within two weeks, I’m giving you fellas a bonus.
对 那我们就要每天工作16到18个小时
Yeah, it’s coming to us working 16, 18 hours a day like we do.
可不要回家跟你们的妈妈哭诉 你们想要什么
Don’t go crying to your mamas. What do you want?
我付的可是最高的工资和奖金
I’m paying top salaries and a bonus.
对了 我们的薪水呢 我们什么时候能拿到
What about our pay anyway, and when do we get it?
我可一分钱也没见到呢
I ain’t seen a buck out of you yet.
你们会拿到钱的 好了…
You’ll get your dough, all right…
不要担心 等我们回到坦皮科就给你们
don’t worry about that, when we get back to Tampico.
你们现在要钱
What could you do with money out here anyway,
除了赌博输掉 还有什么用
except gamble and lose it?
一下船我就把钱给你们
You’ll be paid as we step off the ferry.
跟代理说好带着钱在这等着的
The agent was supposed to be here with the dough.
不知道发生了什么事
Don’t know what could’ve happened.
但是不要担心 我会去办公室取钱的
But don’t worry. I’ll go to the office and pick up the money.
你们在这儿等着
You men stay here.
我们两个跟着你 不会反对吧
Any objection to a couple of us coming with you?
你们不信任我 你们认为我会丢下你们逃跑吗
Don’t you trust me? You think I’d run out on you?
我想你不会那样做的
I don’t think you’d do that.
但我一分钱也没有
But I ain’t got a cent,
连买♥♥杯啤酒都不够
not even enough to buy me a glass of beer.
听着 你们两个在马德里酒吧等我
Say, you two guys meet me over at the Cantina Madrid.
现在是2点15 我最迟不过3点会到那里
It’s 2:15 now and I’ll be over there no later than 3:00.
帕特 麦考密克 他有时来这里
Pat McCormick. He comes here from time to time.
但好久不见他了
I haven’t seen him lately.
帕特 麦考密克 他怎么了
Pat McCormick? What about Pat McCormick?
-他说让我们在这等他 -他欠你们钱吗
– He’s supposed to meet us here. – Does he owe you any money?
听着 你们两个来坦皮科多久了
Say, how long you guys been around Tampico, anyway?
这跟帕特 麦考密克有什么关系
What’s that got to do with it?
只有外国人才会
Only foreigners and half- baked Americans
上麦考密克的当
fall for McCormick’s tricks.
你什么意思
How do you mean?
我是说 他常雇些像你们这样的笨家伙给他干活
I mean, he hires dumb guys like you to work for him.
等到了付钱的时候 就跑得没有踪迹了
When it comes time to pay off, he takes a powder.
他给我们的10美元还剩多少 杜比西
How much we got left of that $10 he gave us, Dobbsie?
-2.5美元 -还不够一张床的钱
– $2.50. – That’s not even enough for one bed.
我知道个地方每晚只要50分
I know a joint that’s full of rats, scorpions and cockroaches.
但是有好多的老鼠 蝎子 还有蟑螂
The cots are only 50 centavos a night.
再找个工作…
Have another…
去赚钱其实一点都不难
…jobs for a dime a dozen ain’t to be had at all.
街上有的是人…
Streets are full of guys…
费劲心思想要发财
pushing each other over the hill.
…乘火车用不了10天
…not 10 days from here by rail.
大山等着人们去发现
The mountain’s waiting for the right guy to discover
去带走她的财宝
and take her treasure.
问题是 你是合适的人选吗
The question is: Are you the right guy?
真正的金矿石很稀少
Real bonanzas are few and far between.
需要费功夫去寻找
They take a lot of finding.
回答我 为什么一盎司黄金值20美元
Answer me this, will you? Why is gold worth some $20 an ounce?
不知道 因为很稀有吧
I don’t know. Because it’s scarce.
1000个人去找黄金
A thousand men go searching for gold.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
前一篇文章午夜牛郎
下一篇文章十诫(1956)
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!