Merci.
我们发现他时 他身边的全部行李就是这些
This is everything he had when we found him.
怎么发生的?
What happened?
是一场意外
It was an accident.
比利牛斯山的气候 是出了名的变化莫测
The weather in the Pyrenees is famous for being unpredictable,
我相信当地人 提醒过丹尼尔
and I’m sure Daniel would have been warned by the locals.
你和他不太亲近?
You were not close with him?
很遗憾 但自他母亲去世后确实疏远了
Not since his mother died, I’m sorry to say.
他在那里做什么?
What was he doing out there?
他要去卡米诺朝圣
He was on pilgrimage on the Camino,
徒步走到圣地亚哥·德孔波斯特拉
walking the road to Santiago de Compostela.
千百年来 不同背景 年龄和信仰的人们
People from very different backgrounds, faith and generations
都曾从这儿 法国比利牛斯山出发
have walked the path from here in the French Pyrenees
步行前往 圣地亚哥·德孔波斯特拉
to Santiago de Compostela,
沿西班牙西北海岸 共计八百公里
800 kilometers on the northwestern coast of Spain
这条路漫漫不绝
for over a thousand years.
如我们一般的信徒均被告知 基♥督♥的使徒
We believers are told that the remains of Saint James, the apostle of Jesus
圣詹姆斯的遗骸就被埋葬在那里 朝圣之行由此而来
are interred there, and so we make pilgrimage.
这就是你的儿子丹尼尔在做的事
This is what your son Daniel was doing.
为什么他只有一个人?
Why was he alone?
很多人喜欢一个人徒步
Many people choose to make the trek alone.
朝圣之旅是一次非常私密的旅程 爱维先生
The Way is a very personal journey, Mr. Avery.
这个贝壳
This is the shell,
是朝圣者启程的标志
the symbol of the pilgrim making the journey.
还有这个
And this,
这是丹尼尔在卡米诺的护照
this is Daniel’s passport for the Camino.
这是丹尼尔在卡米诺的护照
It is to be officially stamped
每一个紧要驿站的官方印♥章♥所用
at every important stop along the route through Spain.
第一个章就是在这 圣让盖的
And the first stamp is here in Saint-Jean.
一路顺风
WOBuen camino.
谢谢
Merci.
抵达终点的时候
When you arrive at the end,
护照就会是这个样子
the passport should look like this.
我从卡米诺到大西洋 走了三次
I have walked the Camino to the Atlantic Ocean three times,
去而复返
there and back.
如果老天慈悲 准许我活到七十
I will do it once more on my 70th birthday,
生日那天我还会再走一遍
God willing, of course.
丹尼儿是我的独生子
Daniel was my only child.
我们可以安排火葬
We can also offer cremation
这样或许是将遗体带回家
if that is a more suitable way
更为妥当的办法
for you to transport the remains back home.
不好意思 我不会说法语
I’m sorry. I don’t speak French.
噢 介意我坐这吗?
Oh. Do you mind if I sit here?
其它地方都满了
Because there’s no other seats available.
你好 我叫约斯特 来自阿姆斯特丹
Hi. I’m Joost. I’m from Amsterdam.
-汤姆 -你好 汤姆
– Tom. – Hey, Tom.
今天早上我在火车上见过你
I saw you on the… on the train.
巴黎是始发站
Uh, this morning. We came from Paris.
我们在同一班列车上
We were on the… on the same train.
你不是朝圣者 对吗?
You’re not a pilgrim, are you?
朝圣者?
A pilgrim.
漫游人? 孤胆游侠?
Uh, a trekker, a peregrino, eh?
你不是来这走 圣地亚哥·德孔波斯特拉的吧?
You’re not here to walk the, uh, Santiago de Compostela?
-不是 我来处理家事 -噢
– No. I’m here on family business. – Ah.
这条路不是人人能走的
Well, it’s not for everyone, you know.
知道吗 这个星期有人 在卡米诺死了
In fact, um, somebody died on the Camino this week
上路刚满一天
only one day into the trek.
真是个悲剧
Yeah, it’s such a tragedy.
是的
Yes.
不过我踏上这条征程的原因 是显而易见的
But it’s no mystery why I’m doing this trek.
瞧瞧我肚子上这一坨
Do you see this gut?
我大哥十二月在鹿特丹结婚
My older brother’s getting married in Rotterdam in December,
我想要挤进我那件老西服
and, uh, I want to fit into my old suit.
你可以买♥♥套新的
You could just buy a new suit.
不行 这都是他第三次结婚了
No, but it’s the third time that he’s getting married.
而且无论如何
Well, but wedding or not,
我都该减肥了
I mean, uh, a bit leaner, a bit lighter
稍微哄哄我的老婆和医生
would make my doctor… and my wife,
让他们开心一点 哦
uh, a bit happier, no.
啊! 谢谢
Ah! Merci beaucoup.
劳驾
Uh…
这是为了提供能量
It’s for energy.
听着
Listen.
我的博士学位
My doctorate…
我不打算完成了
I’m not gonna finish it.
你是说今年?
You mean this year.
永远
I mean ever.
玛格丽特·米德可不是窝在大学里
Margaret Mead didn’t become a great cultural anthropologist
就变成伟大的人文研究科学家的
by staying in school.
你上次出国旅行 是什么时候?
And when was the last time you traveled abroad?
不算出差
And I’m not talking about for business.
在妈卧病之前
I mean before Mom got sick.
尼泊尔 摩洛哥 印度 巴布亚新几内亚 欧洲
Nepal, Morocco, India, Papua New Guinea, Europe.
我要去这些地方看上一看
I gotta go to these places.
一定要去
I…I gotta go. I gotta go.
探长
Captain.
爱维先生
Mr. Avery.
我想举♥行♥火葬
I want to cremate the body.
探长 先生
Capitaine, monsieur,
晚安
bonne nuit.
我要走朝圣之路
I’m gonna walk the Camino de Santiago.
原谅我的直言 艾弗里先生
Mr. Avery, if you pardon me, please,
你完全没有做好相应的准备
you’re not prepared to go on this trek.
你既无装备也无
You have no equipment or…
我有丹尼尔的背包 和他所有的装备
I’ve got Danny’s backpack and all his stuff.
可你没有接受过培训
But you haven’t trained for this walk.
没有冒犯您的意思 但你已经六十多岁了
And no disrespect. You’re more than 60 years old.
那又如何 大不了我花更多的时间罢了
So it’ll take me a bit longer than most.
幸运的话你要两个月 来完成旅程
You’ll be lucky if you finish in two months.
既然如此 我更该早早启程
Then I better get started.
我们一早就出发
We’re leaving in the morning.
“我们”?
“We”?
我和他
Both of us.
好了
Okay.
我们出发
Here we go.
你再给我打气吗 探长?
Came to give me another pep talk, captain?
我是来祝福你一路平安的 爱维先生
I came to wish you buen camino, Mr. Avery,
这个给你
and to give you this.
-护身符吗? -差不多
– Is this a good-luck charm? – Something like that.
到那里的时候 你就知道它的用途了
You’ll know what to do with it when you get there.
到哪里?
Get where?
库兹德法瑞 在卡米诺
Cruz de Ferro. It’s on the Camino.
一个月后你会到达那里
You’ll be there a month from now.
你可以在旅游指南里了解它
You can read about it in the guide.
那是一个非常特别的地方
It’s a place of much significance.
爱维先生 你知道自己为什么 要走朝圣之旅吗?
Monsieur Avery, do you know why you’re walking the Way?
我想是为了丹尼尔吧
I suppose I’m doing it for Daniel.
你是为了自己而走的 仅此而已
You walk the Way for yourself, only for yourself.
这样的话我想我无言以对了
Well, then I guess I don’t have a clue, Captain.
爱维先生
Monsieur Avery…
我也失去了一个孩子
I have also lost a child.
祝你一路顺风
I wish you a buen camino.
享受你的朝圣之旅 你们俩都是
Enjoy your pilgrimage, both of you.
谢谢
Thank you.
汤姆
Tom.
应该走这边
This is the way.
轻点声
Enough. Shh.
抱歉
Sorry.
-你是美国人? -是的
– Are you American? – Yes.
美国人向来这么晚
Americans are always late.
你会英语

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!