Tom, wait!
我曾经想戒烟
I tried to quit once,
但是回头想想”为什么呢? ”
but then I thought why?
我的祖母 她一辈子没有 停止过酗酒 抽烟
My grandmother, she drank, and she smoked her entire life,
也活到了103岁
and she lived to be 103 years old.
这说明什么?
Now, what does that tell you?
这告诉我所有 努力想停止什么的人
Tells me that everyone that’s trying to quit something
总要把一个年老的亲戚
always has an ancient relative they use
挂在嘴边做借口
as an example of why not to quit.
这么说我老套了
I suppose that makes me a cliché, then.
那是你说的
You said it.
但我不是那个 想停止什么的人
But I’m not the one trying to quit anything.
好吧 我们保持这样的行走速度
Yeah, well, we keep walking at this pace,
就用不着中途退出了
quitting isn’t gonna be the problem.
而是胜利在望
Surviving will be.
这个家伙从没有停下来 闻闻花香什么的吗?
Doesn’t this guy ever stop to smell the flowers?
这不是比赛
This isn’t a race.
当然不是
No, it isn’t.
那我为什么要累得半死呢
Then why does it piss me off so much
我从来没有看到他 停下来休息过
that I haven’t seen him stop to take a break?
为什么所有这些本来应该是 让人鼓舞的行为
I mean, why does something that should be inspirational
却让我如此生气?
make me so… angry?
完全没有道理
Totally irrational.
这段旅途可能 都会这样
Same could be said for this entire journey.
他究竟有多老
Wonder how old he is.
反正比我们老
Older than us.
嗨 汤姆!
Hey, Tom!
你觉得我到达圣地亚哥的时候 还会这副样子吗?
You think I will look like this by the time I get to Santiago?
当然 约斯特
Yeah, sure, Joost.
你只要一直吃那种科尔德罗 包胖
Just keep eating that cordero.
不可能像羊褪毛一样 一下少了好几磅
Nothing like a few pounds of lamb to help shed the excess weight.
但这是卡米诺经历 的一部分 不是吗?
But it’s part of the Camino experience, no?
但这是卡米诺经历 的一部分 不是吗?
I mean, you can’t come to Spain without having their roast lamb.
“风吹拂过的小路”
“Donde se…”
“上繁星点点”
“Where the path of the wind crosses that of the stars.”
你觉得这个家伙的腰围是多少?
what do you think the waist is on this guy?
32?
32?
25或者26?
More like a 25 or 26.
男人有权做做美梦
Well, a man can dream.
什么? 居然可以骑车上来?
What, you can do this on a bike?
那我们步行干嘛?
Why the hell are we walking?
天 那太荒谬了
Ah, that’s ridiculous, man.
试试这个 劲儿可足了
Just try it, man. It’s superstrong.
我在阿姆斯特丹买♥♥的 绝对好货
I brought it from Amsterdam. It’s really good.
你抽烟的 对吧?
Y-You do smoke, no?
嘿 你喜欢这旅行吧?
Yeah? Do you like it?
这个
These are the…
我是费兰克 来自纽约
H-Hey. I’m Frank, New York.
汤姆 加利福尼亚
Tom, California.
很高兴认识你 法师 (犹太教)
Nice to meet you, Rabbi.
噢 实际上我是牧师
Oh, actually I’m a priest.
你把我弄糊涂了
You can understand my confusion.
是的 很多人都犯同样的错误
Yeah, a lot of people make that mistake.
脑癌
Brain cancer.
手术后留下 一个很大的疤痕
Surgery left me with a terrible scar.
戴着这顶犹太小帽可以盖住它
I wear this yarmulke to cover it up.
它们并没有完全消失 你知道吗?
They didn’t get it all, you know, cancer.
癌细胞据说可能会复发
Said it’ll probably come back.
这种事情
Who knows about these kind of things?
只有上帝才说得清
Only God.
他们说卡米诺圣地亚哥
Anyway, they say that miracles
是创造奇迹之地
happen out here on the Camino de Santiago.
你相信奇迹吗 神父?
You believe in miracles, Father?
我是牧师 这是我的工作
I’m a priest. It’s kind of my job.
-你是天主教♥徒♥? -我很久没有祈祷了
– You a Catholic? – I don’t practice anymore.
乱糟糟的圣诞节和复活节 就这些花头
You know, mass at Christmas, Easter. That’s about it.
拿去吧
Here. Take this.
不 我不能拿你的念珠 神父
No, I can’t take your rosary, Father.
不 收下吧
No, please, take it.
卡米诺路上有很多 堕落的天主教♥徒♥ 孩子
Lot of lapsed Catholics out here on the Camino, kid.
而且
Besides…
噢 好吧 谢谢你
Oh. Well, thank you.
小心!
Fore!
噢 上帝啊!
Oh, my goodness. Oh, my goodness. Oh!
抱歉!
I’m sorry! Sorry!
我不是故意那样做的!
I didn’t, uh… I didn’t mean that.
噢 我的天!
Threw that…oh. Oh, my God.
我还以为这里只有我一个人呢
I thought I was out here all alone.
我还以为这里只有我一个人呢
You thought wrong.
是的
Oh, yes.
你好! 我是杰克 来自爱尔兰
Hello. I’m Jack from Ireland.
爱尔兰的杰克
I’m Jack from Ireland.
你来这里多久了? 爱尔兰的杰克
How long you been out here, Jack from Ireland?
很难说
Jeez. Uhh. It’s hard to say.
这里嘛 这个
This spot, well, um,
也不好说
it’s hard to say that, too.
但我觉得这个地方代表着什么
But I think this place means something.
“这个地方代表着什么”?
This place means…
这个地方 意义非凡
This place is brimming with significance!
这就是这条该死的路的问题
That’s the problem with this whole damn road.
-问题? -是比喻 伙计!
– Problem? – Metaphor, man.
你在路上一直孤身行走
You’re out walking all alone,
突然不知道自己身在何处
and suddenly in the middle of nowhere,
你看到奶酪农场附近的狗打架了吗
you see a dogfight near a cheese farm.
狗打架意味着什么?
What does that dogfight mean?
先别去管字面的意思
And despite its literalness,
这条路上朝圣之旅这个点子 根本就是条财路!
the idea of a pilgrim’s journey on this road is a metaphor bonanza.
朋友 这条路本来就 在我们古老的比喻里面
Friends, the road itself is amongst our oldest tropes.
上面的路 下面的路
The high road and the low,
长路有风
the long and winding, the lonesome,
孤独之人 忠诚伴随 开放之路 弥留自我
the royal, the open road and the private.
有通往地狱之路 这条烟草之路
You have the road to hell, the Tobacco Road,
扭曲的直径 还有 狭隘
the crooked, the straight and the narrow.
此路通往永恒
There’s the road stretching into infinity,
以花边点缀的迷雾为界 赋予感性的诗歌♥
bordered with lacy mists favored by sentimental poets.
有更加高贵的 福斯特先生之路
There’s the more dignified road of Mr. Frost,
作为美国人 每四年 就有通往白宫之路
and for Yanks, every four years,
就有通往白宫之路 那是正确的路
there’s the road to the White House.
然后就有了今天这条 让我倍感焦虑之路
Then you have the road which most concerns me today,
错误之路
the wrong road,
我想我早已踏上此路
which I fear I must surely have taken.
杰克 也许奶酪农场 附近有狗打架
Well, Jack, maybe a dogfight near a cheese farm
仅仅代表 奶酪农场附近的狗在打架罢了
is simply a dogfight near a cheese farm.
好吧!
That’s good.
很好 那很好
That is very good.
也许我应该采纳 更加保守的态度
Maybe I should adopt a more conservative attitude
而不是左右斟酌 一路上每条曲线的意义
instead of trying to trickle meaning out of every curve in the road.
上帝
Oh, Christ.
我已经有几个月 没有灵感了
I haven’t had an original thought in months.
写作遇到瓶颈了
Writer’s block.
你明白吗? 哪怕一点?
You know what that is? Any of you?
所以
Okay, so…
写作瓶颈就是我
The reason I’m out here walking the Camino,
来卡米诺徒步的原因
writer’s block. I figure the sooner
我发现在路上 废话说的越少越好
we get the small talk out of the way, the better.
太好了
Great.
请等等
Wait a second. Hmm.
留言已满
Mailbox full.

Ah.
你有35条未读的信息
You have 35 unheard messages.
全都是我的编辑发的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!