What holdup are you talking about?
-难道我没知道的权利吗 -你当然有
-Don’t I have a right to know? -Of course you have.
我告诉你
I’ll tell you.
数名目击证人
You’ve been identified by witnesses…
说你和抢劫在维克多莫尔大楼里的
…as the man who held up the offices of Associated Life…
纽约联合人寿保险公♥司♥办公室的抢匪长的一样
…in the Victor Moore Arcade building.
你在12月18日 以及去年的7月9日
You’ve been identified as the man who robbed them of $ 71…
分别抢劫了71美元和200美元
…on December 18th and $200 on July 9th last year.
他们两次见到你作案 而上一次
Twice they say you were there. The last time…
就在不到一个月以前 这不是事实 对不对
…less than a month ago. That’s not true, is it?
不是 我什么也没干
No, I’ve never done anything…
-你有被逮捕的记录吗 -没有
-Have you been arrested before? -No, I haven’t.
谁说我有了
Who says I did it?
你要和目击证人对质
You’ll be confronted by the witnesses.
你要是没干 就不用害怕
If you haven’t done it, you have nothing to fear.
我们会想办法让你说出来的
We wanna give you every break possible.
在这儿我们就是这样办事的
That’s the way we do things here.
你可以帮我们做一件事
And there’s one thing you can do for us…
这样会让我们和你都很轻松
…that’ll make it a lot easier for us and for you.
劫犯作案的时候在窗口
This fella who committed these holdups passed a printed note…
递给了服务小姐一张纸条
…to the girl at the window.
我会让你知道的
I’ll tell you what was in that holdup note.
你要是能把它写出来
If you would print it out for us, it’ll go a long way…
证明你是不是那个人就容易了
…to show us if you’re the same man.
现在你说你不是那个人
Now, you say you’re not that man.
我当然不是
I certainly am not.
那么你的笔迹和他的肯定不一样
Then you certainly won’t print the way he does.
你写不写呢
Will you do it?
我写
Yes, I will.
给他纸笔
Give him a paper and pencil.
我念你写
I’ll read the holdup note.
-好的 -好了吗
-Yes. -Ready?
好了
Yes.
清白的人是不用害怕什么的 记住
An innocent man has nothing to fear. Remember that.
那不是纸条上的内容
Oh, that’s not the note…
我只是提醒你一下
…l’m just telling you.
内容是这样的
This is the note:
我现在手里有把枪指着你
“This is a gun I have pointing at you.
别出声 你就不会受伤
Be quiet and you will not be hurt.
把抽屉里的钱给我
Give me the money from the cash drawer.”
我想完全公正的对待你 曼尼
Now, I wanna be entirely fair to you, Manny…
所以我现在就告诉你
…so I’ll tell you right now.
你的笔迹和这纸条上的有点相象
There’s a rough similarity between your printing and the note.
没错
That’s right.
你不介意再来一次吧
Would you mind printing that again?
-不介意 -我想尽可能多给你机会
-No, sir. -I wanna give you every chance.
这纸条上说
The note goes:
我现在手里有把枪指着你
“This is a gun I have pointing at you.
别出声 你就不会受伤
Be quiet and you will not be hurt.
把抽屉里的钱给我
Give me the money from the cash drawer.”
这是我遇到过的最巧的事
It’s one of the most remarkable things I’ve ever seen.
看这里
Look at this.
这对你很不利 曼尼
This looks bad for you, Manny.
真的很不利
This really looks bad.
看见没
See that?
我想你有权知道 所以我就告诉你
I think you have a right to know, so I’ll tell you.
我不会对你隐瞒什么
I won’t keep anything from you.
这是三张纸条
Here’s three pieces of paper.
这是劫犯递给服务小姐的那一张
This is the note the holdup man gave the girl at the window.
这是你第一次听写的那张
This one is the first you printed at my dictation…
同样的内容
…using the same words.
笔迹确实有点相似 但这没什么
There’s a kind of similarity in the printing, but that doesn’t mean much.
大多数人写的大写字母都很相似
Most people print alike when they use capitals.
但是 相似到我认为有必要让你再来一次
But it was similar enough, so I asked you to print it again.
然后又来一遍 好了 有奇怪的事发生了
And when you did, well, something very strange happened.
我现在放下第一张
Now, I put down the first copy of the note you made…
你再看第二张
…and I show you the second.
给我读一下 曼尼
Read it to me, Manny.
大声读出来
Read it out loud.
一字不差的念出来
Read exactly what’s on the paper here…
你写的第二份
…the second copy you made.
-这是你写的吗 -是的 警官
-This your printing? -Yes, sir.
读出来
Read it.
我现在手里有把枪指着你
“This is a gun I have pointing at you.
别出声 你就不会受伤
Be quiet and you will not be hurt.
把钱给我 抽
Give me the money from the cash…”
你没有念全
You didn’t read the last word.
我本来想写 抽屉 的 可能写的太急了
I meant to write “drawer.” I guess I was in a hurry.
把E-R两个字母漏了
I left off the E-R.
劫犯正是这样写的
And that’s exactly how the holdup note read.
-你怎么解释 -这是笔误
-How do you explain it? -I made a mistake.
那劫犯也出现了笔误
And so did the holdup man.
而且碰巧一模一样
And it happens to be the same mistake.
要目击证人来辨认
Find out if the witnesses are here for identification.
我最好还是挂了
Well, I’d better hang up.
他可能会给家里来电♥话♥
He might be trying to call me now.
好的 我会的
Okay. I will.
再见
Goodbye.
好了 曼尼 来
Okay, Manny, come on.
仔细看对面房♥间里的几个人
Now, look carefully at the men in the other room.
我要你
I want you to count.
看着他们 从右到左
Please look at the men from right to left.
数出来
Count them off.
数到你见过的那个
And when you come to the one you can identify…
就停下来
…stop.
一 二 三
One, two, three…

…four.
你肯定
You’re sure?
绝对是他
Absolutely.
-现在 夫人 -请不要说出我的名字
-Now, Mrs… -Please, don’t mention my name.
好的 我不说
Very well, I won’t.
仔细看一下对面房♥间里的人
Look carefully at the men you see in the other room.
从右面开始数
Count them off from the right.
仔细辨认
Observe them carefully.
数到你见过的那个 就停下来
When you come to the one you know, stop.
一 二 三
One, two, three…

…four.
你肯定
You’re positive?
肯定
Yes.
别的没什么了
That will be all.
今晚没别的事了
We won’t keep you any longer tonight.
谢谢你们
And thank you.
曼尼
Manny?
肯定的指认
Positive identification.
这是那两张纸条
Here are the two notes.
这是原来那张 这是他写的
Here’s the original, and here’s the copy.
怎么样 曼尼
Well, Manny?
-他们叫你曼尼 对不对 -是的
-They call you Manny, don’t they? -Yes, sir.
-这纸条是你写的 -是的
-You made this copy of the note? -Yes, sir.
-里面有处笔误 -是的
-With a mistake in it? -Yes, sir.
那些女的认出了你
The girls identified you.
他们在办公室看见过你 在这里认出了你
They saw you in the office, and they saw you here.
再狡辩也没用了
No use beating around the bush.
劫案是你做的
You held up the office, so say so.
可我没有做
But I didn’t.
你今天下午去那个办事处了
You were in that office this afternoon.
是的 我去看看能不能用我妻子的保险单借点钱出来
Yes, I went in to see if I could get a loan on my wife’s policy.
你最好编点好听的故事 像真的一样
You better think of another story. Something plausible.
可这是事实
But it’s the truth!
你还想来这一套
You want to play it that way?
我怎么才能

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!