-♪ I could get used ♪ -♪ I could get used ♪
-我能习惯 -我能习惯
-♪ I could get used ♪ -♪ I could get ♪
-这样的生活 -我能习惯这样的生活
-♪ Used to you ♪ -♪ I could get used to you ♪
不必再像流浪汉
♪ No more… exotic ♪
不必再神经兮兮
♪ No more… neurotic ♪
从此只有令人愉悦的自动家电
♪ No more anything But pleasantly robotic ♪
-我们要住进 -我们要住进
-♪ We’re movin’ on up ♪ -♪ We’re movin’ on up ♪
-东区 -东区
-♪ To the East Side ♪ -♪ To the East Side ♪
入住高耸入云的豪华公♥寓♥
♪ To a deluxe apartment In the sky ♪
你好 亲爱的门卫先生
♪ Hello to dear Mr. Doorman ♪
他长得真像袋鼠船长
♪ Who looks like Captain Kangaroo
你好 亲爱的朋友 你过得好吗
♪ Hello dear fellow, and how do you do? ♪
-我能习惯 -我能习惯
-♪ I could get used ♪ -♪ I could get used ♪
-我能习惯 -我能习惯
-♪ I could get used ♪ -♪ I could get ♪
-这样的生活 -我能习惯这样的生活啊
-♪ Used to you ♪ -♪ I could get used to you, yeah! ♪
-我能习惯 -我能习惯
-♪ I could get used ♪ -♪ I could get used ♪
-甚至着迷 -甚至着迷
-♪ Even seduced ♪ -♪ Even seduced ♪
-我能习惯这样的生活 -这样的生活
-♪ I could get used to you ♪ -♪ Used to you ♪
请勿挡住正在关闭的车门
Stand clear of the closing doors.
搞什么 在后头的家伙
I swear to God! I’m talking to you in the back.
请勿挡住正在关闭的车门
Stand clear of the closing doors.
你还没写好那首歌♥
You still don’t have the song?
从没有过这样的事 我也不知道是怎么了
This has never happened to me before. I…
我通常一天就能写出一首歌♥
I don’t know. I usually write a song in a day.
我上周花三小时写了一首关于糖的歌♥
Last week, I wrote a song about sugar. It took me three hours.
-关于糖的歌♥ -糖
-Song about sugar? -♪ Sugar ♪
她很精致 只需花一点钱
♪ She is refined For a small price ♪
就能让我神魂颠倒
♪ She blows my mind ♪
你为什么要这么做
Why would you do that?
算是练习吧
An exercise.
-练习什么 -写出关于任何事的歌♥
In what? I like to see if I can write a song about anything.
你不如花心思写出那首 六天后得呈现给观众的歌♥吧
Why don’t you try to see if you can write a song for your musical that’s being presented to an audience in six days instead?
艾拉韦茨曼 剧作家地平线剧场团长
Ira Weitzman, head of musical theater at Playwrights Horizons.
他是迄今为止唯一愿意为《傲慢》
The first, and so far, only actual theater person
提供工作坊的真正剧院人
to offer to put on a workshop of Superbia.
我开始觉得或许不需要
I’m starting to think that maybe I don’t need it.
-你确实需要 -你知道吗…
– You do need it. – You know…
你是至今唯一这么说的人
…you’re the only person who ever said that.
我只想让你知道这一点
Just so you know.
在你创作剧本的这五年以来…
You’re telling me in the five years you’ve been writing this musical…
其实是八年
Eight years, actually.
…没人告诉你第二幕还欠缺 给伊丽莎白唱的一首歌♥
…no one else has told you that you’re missing a song for Elizabeth in the second act?
没人说过
No one.
好的 我在撒谎
Okay, I’m lying.
一个人确实这么说过
One person did say that.
我多年来有参与 一个音乐剧写作工作坊
For years, I was a part of this musical theater writing workshop.
光液晶读数
♪ Liquid crystal digital readout ♪
漂浮在灰色的屏幕上
♪ Floating on a sea of gray ♪
每周一次 我们聚集仅剩的成员
Once a week, we would gather the few surviving members of our dwindling tribe.
看着其中一员把最新作品呈现给…
We’d watch one of us present what we’d been working on to a panel of, well…
一组真正的作家
real writers.
创造百老汇歌♥剧的剧场传奇
The theater legends, who created the Broadway shows
我们小时候跟父母看过的经典之作
that we’d grown up dragging our parents into the city to see…
把一天分隔开来
♪ Dividing the day away ♪
评审团每周都会更换
The panel would change every week.
慢慢数着
♪ Counting slowly ♪
测量着每一个时刻…
♪ Measuring moments… ♪
轮到我呈现的那晚 大家一走进来
The night I presented, people began to buzz
就开始议论纷纷
as soon as we walked through the door.
真的是他吗
Is it really him?
确实是的
It was.
斯蒂芬桑德海姆
Stephen Sondheim.
让我先说吧
All right, I’ll start.
我搞不清楚
I’m lost.
我不知道主题是什么
I… I don’t know what the show is.
是在评论社会还是在讲述科幻小说
Is it social commentary? Is it science fiction?
音乐也一样混乱 是摇滚乐 百老汇或两者兼有
And the music is the same thing. Is it rock? Is it Broadway? Is it both?
或两者都不是 斯蒂芬 你怎么看
Is it neither? Steve, what did you think?
我得说 我非常不同意 沃尔特
I have to say, I disagree pretty strongly, Walter.
这是个主题明确的音乐剧
I think this is a musical that knows exactly what it is.
是的 当然
Yes. Yes. Of course, yes. Abso–
你所创造的世界十分有原创性
The world that you’ve created is really original.
很引人入胜
It’s fascinating.
问题是不太容易跟随故事的情感主线
The problem is, it’s not particularly easy to follow the emotional thread.
太多细节反而让我们分心 对人物难以产生共鸣
The details distract us from connecting with the characters.
-我这么说有道理吗 -好的
-Does that make sense? -Okay. Okay.
你说得没错 我也这么认为
Yes, yes. We’re on the same page. That’s exactly how I felt.
我们只是以不同的方式说着同一件事
We’re saying the same thing, just differently.
但我觉得音乐还不到位 抱歉
But the music, okay, I’m sorry– The music just wasn’t there.
我认为歌♥曲十分出色
I actually– I thought the songs were swell.
好的 个别歌♥曲是的
Yeah, okay… Yes. Yes. The individual songs.
我尤其喜欢那个年轻人 在第一幕结束时唱的歌♥
I particularly like the one the young man sings at the end of the first act.
一流的歌♥词和曲调 做得很好
First rate lyric and tune. Well done.
“一流的歌♥词和曲调”
“First rate lyric and tune.”
谢谢
Thank you.
这句话就足以让我再坚持两年
Those five words were enough to keep me going for the next two years.
那位年轻女士还欠缺一首歌♥
You’re missing a song for the young woman. Uh…
-伊丽莎白 -那是剧情的转折点
-Elizabeth? -Elizabeth. It’s the turning point in the show.
主角只能往一个方向走
Your protagonist is either gonna go in this direction or that direction.
必须有人来把他摇醒
Someone has to wake him up, shake some sense into him.
好的
Okay.
这真有意思 我正要说同样的话
It’s so funny because I was gonna say the exact same thing.
音乐家呢 如果只有四位
Can we talk musicians? Because if it’s only gonna be four,
我得弄清楚怎么拆分低音的部分
then I gotta figure out how I’m gonna split up the bass parts.
这个给你
This is for you. Here you go.
-谢谢 -好的
-Thank you. -Yeah. Uh…
乔恩 这是剧本围读会 有一台钢琴
Jon, this is a reading. You’ll have a piano.
我写的是摇滚乐谱
I wrote a rock score.
至少得有合成器 鼓和吉他 还有…
So, at the very least I’ll need a synth and drums and a guitar and–
一首好歌♥无需任何乐器来衬托
A great song should sound great without any instruments.
好吧 我们把歌♥作为无伴奏合唱
Okay. Let’s just do the song as a cappella.
我们不如省略歌♥曲
Oh, actually, you know what? Maybe we’ll just skip the songs,
观众就能在半小时内离开
and then we can get the audience in and out in half an hour.
我会再看看预算 设法分配资金
I will take a look at the budget and I will see if I can dig up some money
-来请多一位音乐家 -多两位
for another musician. Two more.
我们也至少得有钢琴
And piano is the absolute bare minimum for this.
你跟罗莎谈过了吗
Have you spoken to Rosa?
嘿 罗莎 我是你的客户乔纳森拉森
Hey, Rosa, this is Jonathan Larson, your client.
我给你的秘书留了很多口信
I’ve left multiple messages with your secretary.
-罗莎史蒂文斯仍是你经纪人吧 -是的 我们…
-Rosa Stevens is still your agent, right? -Oh, yeah. No, yeah, we…
我们经常联♥系♥
We talk constantly.
她为演示会发出请柬了吗
Has she sent out the invites for the presentation yet?
我们只收到几个答复
We haven’t gotten a lot of RSVPs.
没关系
It’s fine.
在业内就属罗莎的人脉最广
Nobody has more contacts in the industry than Rosa.
她肯定能帮你邀来重要的人
I’m sure she’ll get some good people there for you.
是的
Yeah, yeah.
-我们周一见 -好的 先生
-I’ll see you Monday. -Yes, sir.
排练的第一天
First day of rehearsal.
也请你尽快完成那首歌♥
And finish the song already. Please.
-谢谢你 艾拉 -谢谢
-Thank you, Ira. -Thanks.
谢谢你请客
Thank you for all this. Thank you.
(你)
我想留言给桑德海姆先生
Yeah. I want to leave a message for Mr. Sondheim.
我的名字是乔纳森拉森
This is, um… my name is Jonathan Larson.
这是给乔帕普的留言 给伯尼格斯坦的留言
Hi there, this is a message for Joe Papp. For Bernie Gersten.
舒伯特组织的艺术总监 拉玛玛剧场
For the Artistic Director of the Shubert Organization.
是拉森 不是帕森
For La MaMa. So, it’s Larson, L-A-R-S-O-N. No, not Parson.
这是前所未有的 非常有看头
It’s something that’s never been done before. It’s gonna be quite the event.
具有巨大的商业潜力
It has tremendous commercial possibility.
我想确保你有座位
We’re filling up fast. I want to make sure you got your spot.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!