I have done business with the GAV & G, yes.
我的律师整得他们接受破产管理。
My lawyer forced them into receivership.
他们想和他作对。
They tried to mess with him.
好了,进来吧。
All right, come inside.
坐下来。
Sit down.
我将总共向你父亲的遗产支付200美元。
I will pay a total of $200 to your father’s estate
而我手里将持有一封免除我一切责任的文件,
when I have in my hand a letter absolving me of all liability
从世界的开始到现在!
from the beginning of the world to date!
我要200美元的马税外加100美元的小马税。
I want $200 for the horse duty plus another $100 for the ponies.
小马不算,我不会买♥♥回来的。
The ponies have no part in this. I won’t buy them back.
小马我不卖♥♥,茱蒂的价格就是300美元。
I’ll keep the ponies, and the price for Judy will be $300.
哪怕是神马我也不会花那么多钱!听着,我不会再讨价还价了。
I wouldn’t pay that for Pegasus! Listen, as I will not bargain further.
小马归我,令尊的马鞍我再给200美元。
I will take the ponies back, keep your father’s saddle for $200.
我的律师不希望我考虑低于300美元的交易。
My lawyer would not wish me to consider anything under $300.
这是除了马鞍以外的全部费用。
That’s for everything except the saddle.
不管怎样,我想把这句话写下来。
I would like to have that in writing, for what it’s worth.
等我拿到相关文件,我就把所有的钱交给你。
When I have it in my hand, I’ll remit the extortion money.
这是你的豁免书,你会发现一切都井然有序。
This is your release. You’ll find it in order.
你都已经写出来了。
You had that already written out.
我给你一张支票。– 我更喜欢现金。
I’ll give you a cheque. – I prefer cash.
一百,二百……
One hundred, two hundred…
...三百元。
…three hundred.
你很快就会找到买♥♥主的。
You’ll find a buyer for those ponies very soon.
小石城的肥皂厂给了我每匹马10美元的初步报价。
I have a tentative offer of $10 a head from the soap works at Little Rock.
把精神饱满的小马肉做成肥皂真是太可惜了。
Such a shame to render spirited horseflesh into soap.
我肯定这笔交易会失败的。– 等我回来拿马鞍吧。
I’m sure the deal will fall through. – Expect me back for my saddle.
我相信我能!
I’m sure I can!
你认识狂人考伯恩吗?
Do you know a Marshal Rooster Cogburn?
好多人都认识他,但不少人对他人好感不多。
Most people know Rooster Cogburn, and some live to regret it.
如果你说他是你的亲戚,我一点也不会感到惊讶!
I wouldn’t be surprised to learn he’s a relative of yours!
早上好,– 早上好。
Morning. – Good morning.
考伯恩先生呢?– 睡懒觉呢,昨晚喝得很醉。
Where’s Mr. Cogburn? – Sleep late. Very drunk last night.
我从没见过早上10点还躺在床上的人会不生病的。
I’ve never seen anybody in bed at 10 AM who wasn’t sick.
咖啡。
Coffee.
你自己也不是个早起的鸟儿!
You ain’t such an early bird yourself!
我差点就放弃你了,我以为你回家了。
I almost gave up on you, figured you’d gone home.
你的床需要加固些板条,– 里面压根本就没板条。
You need more slats in that bed. – Ain’t no slats in it at all.
如果是那种中式崩床垫,我会难受死…
Some kind of a Chinese rope bed torture contraption, I’d burn…
你拿到钱了!有多少啊?
You got it! How much is there?
你还愿意继续吗?
You still game?
我生来就是个争强好胜的人,没有理由放弃的。
I was born game, and I intend to go out that way.
好吧,有一个共识了::我们今天下午出发。
All right, one understanding: We leave this afternoon to get him.
你不能去! — 你小看我了。
You’re not going! – You misjudge me.
我不能一边照顾孩子一边和佩珀这样的凶神作对!
I can’t go up against Pepper’s gang, looking after a baby at the same time!
我不是小孩。– 没有热饭,也没有暖床。
I’m not a baby. – There’s no hot grub or warm beds.
我以前追捕浣熊的时候,晚上也直接睡在露天的地上。
I’ve slept out at night before while hunting coons.
这不是追捕动物,那不是孩子们该去的地方。
This ain’t no coon-hunt. It’s no place for a kid.
他们就是这么描叙追捕浣熊的,– 你会哭着喊着叫妈妈的!
They said that about coon-hunting. – You’ll be calling for Mama!
我不会再哭的了。
I’ve left off crying.
你决定吧。如果你不愿意的,我会找另一个愿意的人。
Make up your mind. If you’re not game, I’ll find somebody who is.
我知道你很能喝威士忌,我甚至还看到你杀死了一只老鼠,
I know you can drink whisky, and I saw you kill a rat,
但其他的都是空谈,我不会为空谈买♥♥单的。
but all the rest has been talk, and I’m not paying for talk.
我应该打你的小屁屁!– 你打算怎么做?
I ought to paddle your rump! – How do you propose to do that?
如果我像你这样臭的,我就不会出现在人群里!
If I smelled as bad as you, I wouldn’t live near people!
我们之间已经达成了一个简短的协议。
I’ve made up a short agreement between us.
签字吧。
Sign it.
这是25美元。
Here’s $25.
我们离开时我再给你25美元,做完活后再给你50美元。
I’ll give you another $25 when we leave and $50 when the job is done.
我们可以天一亮就出发。
We can get started at first light.
我们先过河,去红番区找个线人聊聊。
We’ll cross the ferry and talk to an informer in the Indian Nation.
他们应该知道些什么。
He might know something.
我会准备好的。
I’ll be more than ready.
那么,,将军…
Well, General…
看看我们有什么了。
Look what we got.
有句老话说:
There’s an old saw that says:
“一只白脚,买♥♥下它。”
“One white foot, buy him,”
“两只白脚,试试它。”
“two white feet, try him,”
“三只白脚,偷偷地呀,”
“three white feet, be on the sly,”
“四只白脚,别离它。”
“four white feet, pass him by.”
但我可不这么想。
But I don’t hold with that.
刚听说有个小女孩头朝下,掉进了一口五十英尺的深井里。
I just heard that a young girl fell head first into a fifty-foot well.
我想着可能会是你。
I thought perhaps it was you.
不,不可能是我。
No, it was not I.
那个肥皂商有什么消息??
What do you hear from the soap man?
没啥,– 我要买♥♥一匹小马。
Nothing. – I’ll take one of the ponies.
那四蹄踏雪黑♥马♥,我会叫它小黑。
The black one with the white stockings. I’ll call him Little Blackie.
你的报价是多少? — 就市场价。
What is your offer? – The market price.
卖♥♥肥皂的给你每匹10美元
The soap man offered you $10 a head…
这是批发价呢,我今天早上一匹马就给了你25美元。
That is a lot price. I paid you $25 a head only this morning.
那是当时的时价。– 告诉我…
That was the price then. – Tell me this…
你有没打算离开这个地方?
Do you entertain plans of ever leaving this city?
是的,我明天一早要去红番区。
Yes, I’m off early tomorrow morning for the Indian Nation.
考伯恩法警和我一起去追捕凶手汤姆·切尼。
Marshal Cogburn and I are going after the murderer Tom Chaney.
考伯恩……
Cogburn…
你是怎么找到那个油腻男的?
How did you light on that greasy vagabond?
他们说他很有胆识。
They say he has grit.
我就需要一个有胆识的男人。– 我想他应该有吧。
I wanted a man with grit. – I suppose he has that.
他是个臭名昭著的酒鬼,我可不想跟他同床共枕。
He’s a notorious thumper. Not a man I would care to share a bed with.
我也不会的。 — 我不大会太相信他。
Nor would I. – I wouldn’t trust him too much.
我象征性地付了点钱,完事后再付完余款。
I paid a token payment. The balance is paid when the job’s done.
这一定是段漫长而艰难的旅程。
It may prove to be a long, hard journey.
基♥督♥徒不会畏缩这些困难的。
A Christian does not flinch from these difficulties.
他也不会贸然刑拘他们的。他既不任性,也不自以为是。
Neither does he rashly court them. He is not wilful or presumptuous.
你觉得我错了? — 你错得厉害。
You think I’m wrong? – I think you are wrong-headed.
我出12美元买♥♥那匹小马吧……
I’ll pay $12 for that pony…
...请帮我钉好马掌吧。
…if you shoe him for me. I will not ride a barefoot pony.
早上好。– 早上好!
Good morning. – Good morning!
你好啊!
Howdy!
怎么是你? — 没啥,和哥们聊聊天。
What are you doing here? – Having a chat with the marshal.
坐下,小姐姐,吃点太妃糖。
Sit down, sis, have some taffy.
这只鸟说他也在追踪同一个人。
This jaybird says he’s on the track of the same man.
我告诉他我们没兴趣,他竟背着我做事。
I told him we’re not interested. He’s gone behind my back.
一个挎着大马枪的家伙可能会有用的。
A fella that carries a big-bore carbine might come in handy,
假如我们被大象或水牛撞上了!
if we get jumped by elephants or buffalo!
我们不需要他。
We don’t need him.
准备好了吗? — 除了食物。
Everything ready? – All but the grub.
我一定是找错人了吧。
I must have the wrong man.
你让个小女孩摆布你? — 再说一遍,你个傻鸟?
You let little girls hooraw you? – Mind repeating that, jaybird?
执法官是为我工作的。
The marshal’s working for me.
她付你多少钱? — 足够。
How much is she paying you? – Enough.
她付给你500美元了吗?
Is she paying you $500?
没有。
No.
德州州长为切尼伏法定的赏金就是这个数。
That’s what the Governor of Texas is paying on conviction of Chaney.
才500美元?杀了一个参议员,这数目太微不足道了。
$500? Very little for a man who’s killed a senator.
比布斯只是个小参议员。
Bibbs was a little senator.
我想我还是跟着这位小姐姐吧。
I guess I’ll just stick with sis.
比布斯家又为悬赏切尼出了1500美元。
The Bibbs family’s put up another $1,500 for Chaney.
什么条件?– 把切尼抓回来,无论生死。
What are the terms? – Just deliver Chaney, alive or dead.
那更合我的意呢。你打算如何分配这笔钱?
That’s more to my liking. How will you split up the money?
如果我们活捉了他,1500美元我平分,政♥府♥的奖励500美元我留着。
If we take him alive, I’ll split the $1,500 and keep the state’s $500.
如果我们杀了他,我就给你比布斯家的500美元。
If we kill him, I’ll give you $500 of the Bibbs’ money.
我可不希望切尼被带回德州。
I don’t want Chaney taken back to Texas.
他希望这小子受到惩罚,你也是的嘛。 — 我要他上绞架。
He wants him punished, so do you. – I want him to hang for my father.
我才不在乎德州的什么参议员。
I don’t care about senators in Texas.
你可以当面告诉他。你可以让他吃沙子。
You can tell him to his face. You can make him eat sand.
你可以朝他的脚开枪,但前提是我们得抓住他!
You can shoot him in the foot, but first we gotta catch him!
你不能太随心所欲。
我已经付过你钱了,所以我可以按我的方式来。
– You can’t have it all your own way. – I’ve paid for it so I’ll have it my way.
我一点也不明白。
I don’t understand at all.
她又不会去的,快点回家找你妈妈吧。
She ain’t going anyhow. Go home to your mama.
我答应了她她可以一起去,– 别呀,她只是个麻烦制♥造♥者。
I told her she could go. – No. She’ll make trouble.