游说的重点是洞察先机
Lobbying is about foresight.
预测对手招数
About anticipating your opponent’s moves
然后设计对策
and devising countermeasures.
赢家永远比对手快一步
The winner plots one step ahead of the opposition,
当对方一掀底牌
and plays her trump card
就亮出王牌
just after they play theirs.
你在席上最好别这么说
You better not be saying that when you’re in there.
要确定能乘其不备
It’s about making sure you surprise them,
而且对方无法反击
and they don’t surprise you.
我再问一次
I’m gonna ask you again.
斯隆女士 请描述你的工作性质
Miss Sloane, could you please describe the nature of your work?
依照律师建议
On the advice of counsel,
我拒绝回答
I respectfully decline to answer your question
根据美国宪法第五修正案赋予的权利
, based on my rights under the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution.
就这些话
Those words.
在宣誓和确认细节之前 一字不差地说这些
When you’re not taking the oath or confirming details, those words, in that order, are all you’re gonna say.
总体来讲 你贿赂政♥府♥官员的频率 大约每月一次吗
“On average, would you say you bribed public officials more or less than once a month?”
依照律师建议… 我能修改一下说法吗
Upon the advice of counsel… Can I deviate slightly?
依照律师建议?
“On the advice of counsel?”
依照我的律师建议? – 不行
– On the advice of my attorney? – You do not…
好吧 我知道了 你觉得这样太冒险了
Okay, okay, I understand that last one’s too adventurous for you.
只会大喊“第五修正案”很容易
This would be a whole lot easier if I could just shout “Fifth.”
他们想要你进监狱
They want you behind bars.
只要你做任何陈述 纠正他们的恶意指控 就完了
You make one statement, you correct one nefarious allegation, that’s it.
一旦放弃第五修正案权利 你就必须回答所有问题
You waive your right to the Fifth and you’re compelled to answer everything.
他们要把你丢到全国媒体面前
They’re taking you to the woodshed in front of the national press.
然后努力激怒你
They’re gonna rile you so bad
会恶劣到 甘地都想割掉他们的舌头
they’d make Gandhi wanna cut their tongues out.
你是否曾按照客户要求 安排旅游 豪华住宿 运动赛事门票
Did you arrange for benefits such as travel, luxury accommodations and sports tickets
提供给国会议员 并从中获利
to be furnished to members of Congress at the behest of your clients?
你是否曾依客户要求 安排旅游 豪华住宿
Did you arrange for benefits such as travel, luxury accommodations,
运动赛事门票… – 丹尼尔
and sports tickets to… – Daniel.
我出席时 会冷静得纹丝不动
When I take the stand, you’ll see nothing but a granite wall.
很好
Good.
华盛顿特区 国会山 4月18日
斯隆女士
Miss Sloane!
无可奉告 谢谢
Nothing to say, guys, thank you.
斯隆女士
Miss Sloane, Miss Sloane!
这里好挤
This is tight.
你会以为 他们原本要挑选体育场馆
You’d think they would choose a more appropriate venue.
看来国民队有比赛
Well, turns out the Nationals had a home game.
早安 我是参议员唐纳德·斯珀林 听证会主席
Good morning. I am Senator Ronald Sperling, Chair of this Hearing.
斯隆女士
Miss Sloane…
请举起右手
Please raise your right hand.
四号♥会议室 美国参议院
你愿意发誓所说一切 句句属实
Do you solemnly swear that you will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth,
不然就是触犯伪证罪
under pains and penalties of perjury?
我愿意 – 请坐下
– I do. – Please, sit.
请证人说出全名 以供记录
Will the witness please state her full name for the record.
麦德琳·伊莉莎白·斯隆 – 请大声点
Madeline Elizabeth Sloane. – Louder, please.
麦德琳·伊莉莎白·斯隆
Madeline Elizabeth Sloane.
证人可否确认 以下资料的正确性
And could the witness please confirm that these details are accurate.
生日1976年7月26日
Date of birth, July 26, 1976,
地址为南水门700号♥504室
address Suite 504, Watergate South,
华盛顿特区新罕布♥什♥尔西北大道
700 New Hampshire Avenue North West, Washington D.C.
正确
Correct.
你受雇于 科尔联合企业
You were employed by Cole, Kravitz and Waterman LLP
从2006至2016工作十年 然后辞职去…
for a 10-year period between 2006 and 2016, before moving on earlier…
是11年
Eleven year period.
你说什么
Excuse me?
2006至2016是11年
There are 11 years between 2006 and 2016.
在科尔联合企业 你的工作性质是什么
What was the nature of your workwith Cole, Kravitz and Waterman LLP?
依照律师建议
Upon the advice of counsel,
我拒绝回答
I must respectfully decline to answer your question,
根据美国宪法第五修正案赋予的权利
based on my rights under the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution.
你是否在去年的10月12日 接受印度尼西亚政♥府♥委托
Did you, October 12th of last year, accept as a client the government of the Asian Republic of Indonesia,
反对美国向印尼征收 进口棕榈油的联邦关税
for the purpose of campaigning against the levy of additional Federal duties on the importation of palm oil into the United States
依照律师建议
Upon the advice of counsel,
我拒绝回答
I must respectfully decline to answer your question,
根据美国宪法第五修正案赋予的权利
based on my rights under the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution.
三个月零一周前
今天值得纪念 你知道为什么吗
Today is a landmark day, you know why?
因为我自♥由♥了
Because I’m free.
说件你昨天不能做 但今天能做的事
Name one thing you can do today that you couldn’t have done yesterday.
辞职
Quit my job.
这昨天就能做 只是很蠢
You could’ve done that yesterday – but it would’ve been stupid.
但我今天辞了 – 还是很蠢
– I can quit today and… – It’d still be stupid.
你终于还清大学贷款 然后庆祝的方式是读研究生?
You clear your college debt and celebrate by enrolling in post-grad?
我适合学术界
Academia’s more my scene.
你不要为了炫耀自♥由♥ 就跟着我进厕所 珍
You didn’t follow me into the crapper to gloat about freedom, Jane.
跟我说说“巧克力酱税”
Talk to me about the Nutella Tax.
真的要叫“巧克力酱税”?
Uh, we’re really calling it the “Nutella Tax”?
棕榈油是巧克力酱主要成份
Palm oil is a key ingredient in Nutella.
如果政♥府♥把税翻三倍
If the Federal Government taxes it at 300%,
我们大吃一顿就要花更多钱了
it’ll cost more for us to gorge ourselves on it.
几乎每样东西都有棕榈油啊
Isn’t palm oil in pretty much everything?
也可以叫“肥皂税”
We could have called it the Soap Tax,
但比起肥皂 民众更在意巧克力酱
but the public cares more about Nutella than they do soap.
总之 再拉4个参议员反对这项法案
Anyway, we get four more senators to come out against the bill,
就能靠杰克撤销它
we can lean on Jacobs to withdraw it.
你打算怎么办
What are you gonna do?
告诉印尼政♥府♥ 他们要招待杰克参议员 去他们的作物园旅游
Tell the Indonesians they’re going to host Senator Jacobs on a field trip to one of their plantations.
你从不洗手
You never washed your hands.
他会带家人去度假
He’ll take the wife and kids on a tropical vacation.
然后回国说印尼方面的努力
Come back hailing their conservation efforts.
“巧克力酱税”法案就会消失了
His bill dies a quiet death.
如果是印尼政♥府♥出钱 那是违法的
If the Indonesian government pays for it, it’s illegal.
若是通过非营利组织赞助 就完全合法
If they use a non-profit LLP to sponsor the travel, it’s perfectly legal.
只要旅程是以教育为目的
As long as the trip is for educational purposes.
但印尼政♥府♥还是会买♥♥单
But the Indonesian government is still paying for it.
看 这就是我要去读研的原因
See, this is why I’m thinking about post-grad.
珍 上学是为了准备进入现实世界
Jane, we go to school to prepare us for the real world.
我不太喜欢这个现实世界
I’m not sure I like the real world.
所以你想一头扎入苏格拉底的著作中吗
So you want to bury your head in Socrates?
苏格拉底其实没写过任何著作
You know that Socrates never actually wrote anything.
那不是重点
That’s beside the point.
你如果不喜欢 就改变它
If you don’t like it, you change it.
所以你在这里啊
– That’s why you’re here.
斯隆女士 他们在会议室等你
Miss Sloane. They’re ready for you in the conference room.
斯宾塞 你知道美国在意巧克力酱 胜过肥皂吗
Hey, Spencer, did you know that Americans care more about Nutella than they do about soap?
呃 好吧
Uh, okay.
你看 没反应
See that? No reaction.
大伙 今早动作要快 我还有个会要赶
Okay, guys, we gotta be quick this morning, I’ve got a meeting to get to.
预计国际货币基金组织的集♥会♥会有多少人
How many are they expecting at the IMF rally?
500到1000人 – 有100%的误差吗
Between 500 and 1,000. – There’s a margin of 100%?
也就是说 没人到场都有可能?
Does that technically mean that nobody might show up?
至少会有500人 其他要看天气
Five hundred’s the minimum, the rest depends on weather.
看来天气好时 人们更恨银行
Seems more people hate banks when the sun’s out.
天气预报怎么说
What’s the weather forecast?
莉兹 该把杰克送到印尼去了
Liz? Time we sold Jacobs on Indonesia.
我知道 – 当亨利倒台时 就会有
I know. – When Henry falls we’ve got…
从众效应 – 从众效应 我知道
Critical mass. – Critical mass, I’m aware.
找个非营利组织赞助假期
Get a non-profit to sponsor a vacation.
做足面子 接下来他就会搞定
They give him face and he’ll pull it.
你刚从女洗手间出来吗
Did you just come from the ladies’ room?
我不知道你在讲什么
Uh, I have no idea what you’re talking about.
我们在国际货币基金会的数据
We’re talking about numbers at the IMF rally.
亚历克斯克斯 通知Metro Talent演艺公♥司♥
All right, Alex, put Metro Talent on notice,
我们或许需要支援 – 交给我
– we may need reinforcements. – I’m on it.
真的要动用临时演员吗
We’re really gonna use movie extras?
只会大喊无良企业 一点都不显眼
The guy shouting about corporate greed becomes a lot less credible standing
流浪汉举个“废除货币”的标语 更有冲击力

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!