这是基本常识 谢谢
It’s common knowledge. Thank you.
他们30年代去了德国 和希♥特♥勒♥会面
They went to Germany in the’30s, met with Hitler.
因为爱德华想极力阻止战争
Because Edward was desperate to avoid a war.
他们或许天真 但那不代表他们是纳粹
They might have been naive, but doesn’t make them… Nazis.
-史书上都记载着呢 沃利 -那并不可信
– It’s all documented, Wally. – Well, it’s not actually.
-大部分都基于传闻 -我们各执己见吧
– Most of it’s based on rumor. – Let’s agree to disagree.
我认为医生应该相信实验证据 而不是谣传
I thought doctors relied on empirical evidence, not gossip.
今晚医生不上班
This doctor is off duty tonight.
我可真幸运
Lucky me.
-限速 -内战
– Speed limit. – Civil War.
-旧新闻 -坏运气
– Old news. – Bad luck.
安全性行为
Safe sex.
无条件的爱
Unconditional love.
绕口令还是首音互换
Tongue twister, or spoonerism?
我肯定选绕口令
I’ll definitely have a tongue twister,
因为我都不知道首音互换是什么
because I don’t even know what a spoonerism is.
你不知道首音互换吗
You don’t know what a spoonerism is?
恐怕是的 小姐
I don’t, I’m afraid, miss.
-我才不信呢 -试试这个
– I don’t believe that. – Try this one.
热日头 硬石头 软舌头 手指头
Round and round the rugged rocks the ragged rascal ran…
-你说起来真性感 -反正都是练舌头
– You make it sound so sexy. – …in a truly rural way.
来试试
Try that.
真烦 我得赶回医院去
Shit. I’ve got to go back to the hospital.
-现在吗 -是
– Now? – Yeah.
我尽快赶回来
I’ll be back as soon as I can.
等着我 好吗
Wait up for me, all right?
-好的 -回见
– OK. – Bye.
你好 纽约长老会医院
Hello, New York Presbyterian.
请问温斯洛普医生在吗
Is Dr. Winthrop there?
-不在 今晚没有看到他 -你确定吗
– Uh, no. We haven’t seen him tonight. – Are you sure?
-是的 我很确定 -好的 谢谢
– Yes, ma’am. I’m quite sure. – All right. Thank you.
沃利斯与欧内斯特·辛普森
1931年 伦敦
-上帝保佑你 -谢谢 这可恶的感冒
– Bless you. – Thank you. This infernal cold!
听着 我们不一定非要去
Look, we don’t have to go to this thing.
别胡说了
Are you out of your mind?
我花了整整半年时间
I’ve spent six months ingratiating myself
才讨得西尔玛的欢心 得到邀请
with Thelma to get us this invitation.
我明白 沃利斯 但是你身体不舒服
I understand that, Wallis. But you’re not feeling well.
那不是和重点 我不能让西尔玛失望
That’s not the point. I’m not letting Thelma down.
她为了让王子殿下能过个完美的周末
You know how hard she works to make these weekends perfect
可谓煞费苦心
for His Royal Highness.
我们不能让他失望
We can’t disappoint him.
让他失望 他根本不认识我们
Disappoint him? He doesn’t even know us.
所以我们更应该去 亲爱的
Which is precisely why we’re going, Ernest darling.
我保证 你绝对是我见过最固执的女人
I swear, you are the most stubborn woman I have ever met.
借过
Excuse us.
我只是想礼貌一点
I’m just trying to be polite.
谢谢 亲爱的
Thank you, darling.
还有一只
Oh, there’s one left!
你知道我不明白什么吗
You know what I don’t understand?
为什么西尔玛称呼王子”大卫”
Why Thelma calls the Prince, “David,”
-因为他真名是爱德华 -他的全名是
– when his name is really Edward. – His full name.
爱德华·阿尔伯特·克里斯蒂安·乔治·安德鲁·帕特里克·大卫
Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David.
只有他家人称他为大卫
Only his family call him David.
西尔玛不是他的家人
Thelma is not family.
我肯定她愿意成为他的家人
I’m sure she’d like to be.
上帝保佑你
Bless you.
观景堡:温莎大公园小山上的一座乡间别♥墅♥
观景堡
这里真是太美了
Can you believe we’re here?
亲爱的
Darling…
你就是我身边最美的风景
… I’m just happy to get away with you somewhere.
欧内斯特 我们得练习一下
Ernest, we have to practice.
-是的 好 -来这
– Yes… Yes, OK. – Come here.
陛下
Your Highness.
-左脚 -好
– Left foot. – OK.
-一 二 三 -一 二 三
– One, two, three. – One, two, three.
-二 二 三 -二 二
– Two, two, three. – Two, two… Ow!
抱歉
Sorry.
如果我和王子跳舞 希望你不要介意
I hope you don’t mind if I dance with the prince.
亲爱的
Darling…
如果你不去我会失望的
…I’ll be upset if you don’t.
大卫
David.
康妮 你真漂亮
Connie, you look lovely.
你好吗 亲爱的
How are you, darling?
-康妮 -我的天呐
– Connie. – Goodness me.
你好
Hello.
殿下
Your Royal Highness.
在英格兰住得还习惯吗 辛普森夫人
How do you find living in England, Mrs. Simpson?
我很喜欢这里
I love it.
要是能供暖就更完美了 我很怕冷
Except for the lack of central heating. I’m always cold.
也许该有个人来温暖你
Maybe you need someone to keep you warm.
这不正是丈夫的作用吗
Isn’t that what husbands are for?
这我无从知晓 丈夫有什么用
I don’t know, what are husbands for?
这您得结了婚才知道 殿下
You might have to marry someone to find out, sir.
您对婚姻有什么看法 辛普森夫人
And how do you find marriage, Mrs. Simpson?
一切都是相互妥协 不是吗
Everything’s a compromise, isn’t it?
听起来可一点不浪漫
Doesn’t sound very romantic.
浪漫
Romance.
那就是另一回事了 殿下
That’s another matter altogether, Your Highness.
美国女孩舞都跳得这么好吗
Are all Americans girls such good dancers?
我不太清楚 殿下 我不常和人跳舞
I wouldn’t know, sir. I haven’t danced with many.
打扰了 女士 我们要关门了
Excuse me, ma’am, we’re closing now.
抱歉
I’m sorry.
我想出神了
I was just daydreaming.
没关系
It’s no problem.
我们还是得关门
We’re still closing.
好吧
Ok.
我很想念这里 坐在桌边的感觉真好
I miss this place. It’s so good to be sitting at a desk again.
让我做点什么吧
Please put me to work.
我已经工作12小时了 我得换换脑子
I’ve been here 12 hours. I need a distraction.
我和你说过 我想听听你的婚后生活
I told you before. I want to hear everything.
女士们先生们 展览即将结束
Ladies and gentlemen, the exhibition is now closing.
展览即将结束
The exhibition is now closing.
打扰一下 小姐 小姐
Excuse me, ma’am? Ma’am?
您把雨伞落下了
You forgot your umbrella.
谢谢
Thank you.
我叫叶夫根尼·科尓帕科夫
I’m Evgeni Kolpakov.
沃利·温斯洛普
Wally Winthrop.
你为布里克斯女士工作 是吗
You were one of Miss Brooks’s girls?
她们不常和助手交流
They don’t talk much to the help.
-晚安 -你也是
– Have a good night. – You, too.
闭嘴 别闹
Shut up.
沃利斯已经离开国内
Wallis had already left the country,
来到了法国
and had arrived in France.
前国王远赴澳大利亚 开始了他的流放生活
The ex-king went to Austria, to begin his exile.
之后5个月 他们分居两地
They spent the next five months apart.
里维埃拉:地中海沿岸度假胜地
她与里维埃拉的朋友在一起
She was with friends on the Riviera.
两人一直鸿雁传书 每天电♥话♥问候
But he sent her dozens of letters, and telephoned every day.
芸芸众生中 我从未见过一人
I have never known, in the course of all knowledge,
对爱人如此痴迷爱恋
one person so utterly possessed by another…
正如他之于她
… as he was by her.
着实令人惊叹
It was very remarkable.
此爱无关占有
It wasn’t domination.
而是心有所属
it was a form of possession.
其实你很美 你心里有数
You know, you’re quite pretty.
我并非天生丽质
My endowments were definitely on the scanty side.
没人把我当美女 甚至没人夸我漂亮
Nobody ever called me beautiful, or even pretty.
我认为你很美
I think you were.
你现在依然很吸引人
I mean, you still are very attractive.
吸引人 亲爱的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!