over the last 30 years by being too competitive with men?
这已令她们失去了女人的天性和魅力
They’ve lost something of their essential character and charm.
-不 我不这么看 -沃利
– No, I don’t think so really. – Wally?
-完全不是这样 -沃利
– I don’t think they have at all. – Wally?
-我马上出来 -在生意上她们利用性别优势
– I’ll be right out. – … use their femininity in business.
你和公爵都想要孩子吗
Both you and the Duke would have liked to have had children?
是的
Yes…
我真是个混♥蛋♥
I’m a jerk.
威廉
William?
怎么了
What is it?
是因为我吗
Is it me?

No.
我只希望能单纯享受性♥爱♥
I just wish we could have sex without the constant pressure
而不是为了怀孕而做♥爱♥
of your need to get pregnant.
我从没这么说过
I never said anything about that.
你是没说过 但你就是这么想的
No, but it’s always there!
抱歉
I’m sorry.
也许我不想要孩子
Maybe I don’t want a kid.
从什么时候开始的
Since when?
我不知道
I don’t know.
你想谈谈吗
Do you want to talk about it?
-不 -威廉…
– Not really. – William…
你跟我说你想要孩子
You told me you wanted to have children.
你不想让我工作
That you didn’t want me to work.
-我放弃了我的事业 -你总是夸大其词
– I gave up my career. – If that’s what you want to call it.
不管你怎么想
Regardless of what you think,
对我而言 那就是工作 我乐在其中
it was work to me, and I enjoyed it.
冷静点
Calm down.
你…
Are you…
弹完了吗
… finished?
殿下 关于西尔玛和阿里可汗的谣言
Sir, you don’t believe all
您不会信以为真了吧
this nonsense about Thelma and the Aly Khan.
她对你很忠诚
She’s devoted to you.
对我忠诚 对她丈夫忠诚
Devoted to me, to her husband
现在对一个骑骆驼的人忠诚
and now to a camel jockey.
她要在美国多留一个月
She’s extended her stay to America by another month.
那么她应该得到你的同情而不是嫉妒
Well, then she deserves your pity, not your jealousy.
嫉妒 谁说我嫉妒了
Jealousy? Who says I’m jealous?
所有的男人都有占有欲
Well, all men are territorial.
我不是一般男人
I’m not all men.
但你确实是个男人
But you’re a man.
我是个要借酒浇愁的男人
I’m a man who needs a drink.
今天过得怎么样
Tell me about your day.
下议院的会议开得如何
How did your meeting go at the House of Commons?
糟糕至极 我被指控为社♥会♥主♥义♥者
Disastrous. I was accused of being a socialist.
变身伟人了嘛 就在上一周
That’s quite a feat. Only last week,
你才被指控为法♥西♥斯♥主义者
you were accused of being a fascist.
只要能毁了我 他们无所不用其极
Well, they’ll say anything to undermine me.
不管怎样 我肯定你也不想听我谈论政事
Anyway, I’m sure you don’t wish to talk about my work.
事实上 我想 我刚看完
Actually, I do. I just
你推荐的那本关于社会改革的书
finished that book you suggested on social reform.
我觉得你想做的事举足轻重
I think what you’re trying to do is incredibly important.
一枚橄榄还是两枚
One olive or two?
两枚
Two.
好了
There we are.
每个人都应该拥有栖身之所
Everybody deserves a roof over their head.
现在你真像个社♥会♥主♥义♥者
Now you sound like a socialist.
如果德国人能做到
Well, if the Germans can do it…
为什么英国人做不到
… why can’t the English?
沃利斯 你是唯一一个
Wallis, you’re the only woman
对我工作感兴趣的女人
who has ever shown any interest in my work.
是吗 殿下
Am I… sir?
请叫我大卫
Please, call me David.
殿下
Your Royal Highness…
真没想到您也在
… what a surprise.
是啊 这周我每晚都在这里
Really? I’ve been here every night this week.
您要留下吃晚饭吗 殿下
Will you be staying for dinner, sir?
要是你们方便的话
If you’ll have me.
如果您不介意吃鸡肉
If you don’t mind having chicken.
-又是鸡肉 -是的
– Again? – Again.
-要来杯喝的吗 亲爱的 -好的 谢谢
– Would you like a drink, dear? – Yes. Yes, please.
-温斯洛普夫人 你好 -你好
– Oh, Mrs. Winthrop, hello. – Hi.
抱歉 你不能进去
Sorry, you can’t come in here.
-为什么 -只有贵宾才能进
– Why not? – VIP entrance.
你有通行证吗
You have a pass?
我去哪儿弄通行证
Where do I get one of those?
这很复杂
It’s very complicated.
你有证件吗
You have identification?
沃利
Wally!
我的证件来了
How’s that for identification?
看来布鲁克斯小姐还有克格勃人员
Miss Brooks has sent her KGB officer.
克格勃是苏联的间谍部门
你有裙下之臣了
So I see someone has an admirer.
他是什么人
What’s his story?
俄♥国♥知识分子 一个贫困的警卫
Russian intellectual, slumming as a security guard.
这样的人比比皆是
Dime a dozen.
-今晚我很担心 -为什么
– I’m dreading tonight. – Why?
邱娜德女士很惹人厌 她谁都不喜欢
Lady Cunard can be so tiresome. She dislikes everybody.
那不是重点 今天是为了欢迎西尔玛回来
That’s not the point. It’s Thelma’s coming home party.
西尔玛是个好朋友 我们必须去
And Thelma’s a dear friend. We have to go.
我想你会跟彼得·潘坐在一起
I suppose you’ll be seated next to Peter Pan.
彼得·潘:永不长大 住在梦幻岛[詹姆斯·巴里《小飞侠》]
-别那么叫他 -为什么
– Don’t call him that. – Why not?
男人会嫉妒一个不用长大的人
A man can be envious of a fellow who doesn’t have to grow up.
这听起来像是个不公平的优势
It seems like an unfair advantage.
你这是怎么了
What are you going on about?
我希望你别一晚上都冷落我
I hope you don’t ignore me all night.
欧内斯特 亲爱的
Ernest, darling.
我怎么会冷落你呢
How could I ignore you,
你穿燕尾服的样子简直迷死人了
when you look so dashing in your tuxedo?
可是没有王子迷人
Not as dashing as the prince.
别说傻话了
Now you’re just being silly.
-出去吧 我要换衣服了 -好的
– Run along and let me get ready. – OK.
走吧
Go on.
过会儿见
See you in a few minutes.
W.E. [Wallis&Edward]
沃利斯&爱德华
1934年 阿斯奎斯府邸
阿斯奎斯:1908-1916英国首相 自♥由♥党政客
你的肉要怎么做 干一点吗
How’s your meat cooked? A bit dry?
我有个办法 我们可以
Here’s an idea, we could do
在一个房♥间里同时用红色和绿色
the red and then the green in the same room.
大卫
David?
也许我们可以下周去城♥堡♥
Maybe we could come up the fort next weekend…
或者下下周
… or the weekend after?
我想敬我们亲爱的朋友西尔玛一杯
I’d like to make a toast to my dear friend Thelma,
她离开我们那么久
who’s been gone far, far too long!
没了你 伦敦都变得死气沉沉了 欢迎回家
London’s been dreary without you, darling. Welcome home.
-谢谢 -敬西尔玛
– Thank you. – To Thelma!
-敬西尔玛 -欢迎回家
– To Thelma! – Welcome home.
大卫 你绝对猜不到
David, you’ll never guess
我去了曼哈顿的什么地方
where I visited in Manhattan.
-什么地方 -帝国大厦
– Where? – The Empire State Building.
我去了最顶层 一百零二楼 你能想象吗
I went all the way to the very top, 102 floors. Can you imagine?
那风景美得惊心动魄
The view was breathtaking!
听起来很危险
Sounds dangerous.
给我多少钱我都不会去顶层的
You couldn’t pay me enough to go to the top of that building.
没人可以拿钱让你上去 艾蒙瑞德
Nobody one could pay you enough, Emerald.
Emerald原名Maud Alice Burke 生于美国
你嫁给了英国最有钱的男人
You are married to the wealthiest man in England.
我以为我才是英国最有钱的男人
I thought I was the wealthiest man in England.
天呐 大卫 瞧瞧你干了什么
My god, David, look what you’ve done.
你扯坏了我的裙子
You’ve torn my dress.
很抱歉
I’m so sorry.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!