Friends Episode 5 Season 1: The one with the East German laundry detergent.

注释:detergent:洗衣液。

老友记第1季第5集:洗衣服。

 

Monica: Would you let it go? It’s not that big a deal.
你别争了好吗?这没什么了不起的。
Ross: Not that big a deal? It’s amazing.Okay, you just reach in there, there’s one little maneuver, and bam, a bra, right out the sleeve.All right, as far as I’m concerned, there is nothing a guy can do that even comes close. Am I right here?
注释:maneuver:策略,谋略,花招。
没什么了不起的?简直太神了。好吧,你们只不过把手伸进去,用点小技巧,嘭,就把胸罩从袖子里抽出来了。据我所知,男的能做的简直没法比,我说得对不对?
Rachel: Oh, come on! You guys can pee standing up.
拜托,男的可以站着尿尿!
Chandler: We can? Okay, I’m trying that.
我们可以?好吧,我要试试。
Joey: Oh, you know what blows my mind? Women can see breasts anytime they want.You just look down and there they are. How you get any work done is beyond me.
注释:blow one’s mind:使惊讶,使困惑,不能控制自己的思想(失去器官等活动的能力)。
你知道什么让我惊讶吗?女人随时都可以看自己的胸。一低头就看见了。我都不知道你们怎么能专心工作?
Phoebe: Oh, okay, you know what I don’t get?The way guys can do so many mean things, and then not even care.
哦,好,你知道我搞不懂什么吗?男人可以做很多卑鄙的事情,事后也毫不在乎。
Ross: Multiple orgasms!
多重高♥潮。
Chandler: There you go.
正解。
Chandler: So, Saturday night, the big night, date night, Saturday night, Saturday night!
星期六之夜,重要之夜,约会之夜,星期六之夜,星—期—六—之夜!
Joey: No plans, huh?
没安排,哈?
Chandler: Not a one.
完全没有。
Ross: Not even, say, breaking up with Janice?
甚至像和珍妮丝分手这样的安排都没有?
Chandler: Oh, right, right. Shut up!
哦,对,对,闭嘴。
Monica: Chandler, nobody likes breaking up with someone. Except for Kevin Millmore. May he rot in hell. You just gotta do it.
钱德勒,没有人喜欢和别人谈分手。除了Kevin Millmore。愿他烂在地狱里。你还是得去做啊。
Chandler: No, I know, but it’s just so hard, you know? I mean, you’re sitting there with her, she has no idea what’s happening, and then you finally get up the courage to do it, there’s a horrible awkward moment when you’ve handed her the note. You try to, you know, run out of the restaurant before she’s actually finished the note.
不,我知道,但是就是太难了,你知道吧?我的意思是,你和她一起坐在那儿,她都不知道要发生什么,然后你终于鼓起勇气,之后就是把纸条递给她的超级尴尬时刻。然后你就,你懂的,准备在她看明白纸条之前赶快跑出饭店。
Joey: Why do you have to break up with her? Be a man, just stop calling.
你为什么一定要跟她分手?男人点,别再打电话给她就行了。
Phoebe: You know, if you want, I’ll do it with you.
如果需要的话,我和你一起去。
Chandler: Oh, thanks, but I think she’d feel like we’re ganging up on her.
注释:gang up on:联合反对。
哦,谢了,不过我觉得她会感觉是我们是在联手对付她。
Phoebe: No, I mean you break up with Janice and I’ll break up with Tony.
不,我的意思是你去和珍妮丝分手,而我去和托尼分手。
Ross: Tony?
托尼?
Monica: Oh, you’re breaking up with Tony?
你要跟托尼分手?
Phoebe: Yeah, I know, he’s sweet, but it’s just not fun anymore, you know? I don’t know if it’s me, or his hunger-strike, or….. I don’t know.
是啊,我知道他人很好,但是我对他再没新鲜感了,你懂吗?我不知道问题是在我,还是因为他绝食抗议,还是……唉,我也不知道。
Rachel: Does anybody want anything else?
还有谁要点什么吗?
Ross: Oh, yeah, last week you had a wonderful, nutty, chocolatey kind of a cakey pie thing. Nothing, just, just, I’m fine.
哦,好,上周你们有一个特别好吃的蛋糕派,里面有很多坚果和巧克力。不要了,就这样吧,我可以了。
Phoebe: What’s the matter? Why so scrunchy?
注释:scrunchy:心中不快的,心里有疙瘩的。
怎么了?怎么看起来不开心?
Rachel: My father. He wants to give me a Mercedes convertible.
注释:Mercedes convertible:奔驰敞篷车。
都是我爸啦。他要给我买辆奔驰敞篷车。
Ross: That guy, he burns me up.
这家伙,真让人火大。
Rachel: Yeah, well, it’s a Mercedes if I move back home. Oh, it’s horrible. He called me young lady.
恩,对,如果我搬回家住就会有一辆奔驰。哦,真烦人。他还叫我“年轻的女士”。
Chandler: Ooh, I hate when my father calls me that.
喔,我讨厌我爸那样叫我。
Monica: Did he give you that whole “You’re not up to this” thing again?
他是不是又说些“你做不到”之类的话?
Rachel: Oh, yeah, yeah. Actually, I got this extended disco version with three choruses of “You’ll never make it on your own”….
哦,对,对。其实,这次还是迪斯科加长版,外加三遍副歌“你永远无法自力更生”。
Phoebe: Uhhuh, uhhuh.
嗯哼,嗯哼。
Angela: Hi, Joey.
嗨,乔伊。
Joey: My god, Angela.
天呐,安吉拉。
Monica: Wow, being dumped by you obviously agrees with her.
哇,被你甩了明显对她有好处。
Phoebe: Are you gonna go over there?
你要过去吗?
Joey: No. Yeah. No. Okay, but not yet. I don’t wanna seem too eager. One Mississippi, two Mississippi…three Mississippi. That seems pretty cool.
啊不,啊对,啊不。好吧,但是先不过去,我不想看起来太捉急。一个密西西比,两个密西西比,三个密西西比。现在看起来很随了。
Joey: Hey, Angela.
嗨,安吉拉。
Angela: Joey.
乔伊。
Joey: You look good.
你看起来很不错哦。
Angela: That’s because I’m wearing a dress that accents my boobs.
那是因为我穿了件能凸显我胸部的衣服。
Joey: You don’t say.
的确是。
Ross: So, uh, Rachel, what are you, uh, what’re you doing tonight?
那个,呃,瑞秋,你准备,呃,你今晚准备做什么?
Rachel: Oh, big glamour night, me and Monica at Launderama.
哦,今晚的安排可精彩了,我和莫妮卡准备去洗衣店洗衣服。
Ross: Oh, you uh, you wanna hear a freakish coincidence? Guess who’s doing laundry there too?
注释:Freakish:畸形的,奇特的。
哦,你啊,你想听一个奇怪的巧合吗?猜猜还有谁也要去洗衣服?
Rachel: Who?
谁?
Ross: Me. Was that not clear? Hey, why don’t, um, why don’t I just join you both, there?
我。说得不够明白?嗨,我为什么不,嗯,为什么不跟你们一起,去呢?
Rachel: Don’t you have a laundry room in your building?
你公寓楼里不是有洗衣间吗?
Ross: Yes. I do have a laundry room in my building, um, but there’s a…. rat problem. Apparently they’re attracted to the dryer sheets, and they’re going in fine, but they’re coming out all…. fluffy. Anyway, say, seven-ish?
注释:dryer sheets:是在使用衣服干燥机时用的烘干纸,(与湿的衣服一起放在干燥机内运行),目的是减少静电,增加衣服的柔软度,和添加香味。
是啊,我公寓楼里是有洗衣间,呃,不过有点儿……老鼠的问题。显然它们很喜欢烘干纸,它们进去的时候还算正常,出来之后个个都变得……毛茸茸的。好吧,说好了,七点左右见?
Rachel: Sure.
好。
Angela: Forget it, Joey. I’m with Bob now.
得了吧,乔伊。我现在和鲍勃在一起了。
Joey: Bob? Who the hell’s Bob?
鲍勃?鲍勃到底是谁?
Angela: Bob is great. He’s smart, he’s sophisticated, and he has a real job. You, you go on three auditions a month and you call yourself an actor, but Bob…
鲍勃人超棒。又聪明,又成熟,而且人家还有正式工作。你呢,你一个月参加三次面试就说自己是演员,但是鲍勃。。。
Joey: Come on, we were great together. And not just at the fun stuff, but like, talking too.
别这样,我们在一起的时候超开心的。而且不光是开心而已,也有像聊天什么的。
Angela: Yeah, well, sorry, Joe. You said let’s just be friends, so guess what?
嗯,好吧,抱歉了,乔伊。你说的我们还是做朋友吧,所以你猜怎么着?
Joey: What?
怎么?
Angela: We’re just friends.
我们就只是朋友。
Joey: Fine, fine, so, why don’t the four of us go out and have dinner together tonight? You know, as friends?
好吧,好吧,那么,今天晚上我们四个一起出去吃顿饭怎么样?你懂的,像朋友一样?
Angela: What four of us?
什么我们四个?
Joey: You know, you and Bob, and me and my girlfriend, uh, uh, Monica.
就你和鲍勃,然后我和我的女朋友,嗯,嗯莫妮卡。
Joey: Monica, I’m telling you, this guy is perfect for you.
莫妮卡,我跟你说,这男的太配你了。
Monica: Forget it. Not after your cousin who could belch the alphabet.
注释:belch:打嗝。
算了吧。自从见过你那打嗝都能喷出字母(指打一长串的嗝)的表哥以后我再也不敢领教了。
Joey: Come on. This guy is great. His name’s Bob. He’s Angela’s…brother. He’s smart, he’s sophisticated, and he has a real job. Me, I go on three auditions a month and call myself an actor, but Bob is..
别这样。这男的很棒的。他叫鲍勃。他是安吉拉的……哥哥。他又聪明,又成熟,还有正式工作。像我,一个月面试三次就叫自己演员,但是鲍勃是……
Monica: Oh, god help us.
哦,天呐。
Joey: What?
什么?
Monica: Ugly Naked Guy’s laying kitchen tile. Eww!
丑裸男在厨房铺瓷砖。呃!
Joey: Eww! Look, I’m asking a favor here. You know, I’m thinking if I do this thing for her brother, maybe Angela will come back to me.
呃!诶,我在求你帮忙呢。我觉得如果我帮Angela她哥,也许她会跟我和好。
Monica: What’s going on here? You go out with tons of girls.
你这是怎么了?你和一堆女孩约过会呢。
Joey: I know, but, Angela’s different. She’s like one of a kind, like a snowflake or, or a……
我知道,但是安吉拉不一样。她是很特别的一种…就像雪花一样,或者,或者……
Monica: Something else like a snowflake?
其他像雪花的东西?
Joey: Yeah, yeah.
是的,是的。
Joey: I made a huge mistake. I never should have broken up with her. Will you help me? Please?
我犯了个大错。我当初不该和她分手。你帮帮我呗?求求你?

 

老友记.本章节注释

detergent:洗衣液。
maneuver:策略,谋略,花招。
blow one’s mind:使惊讶,使困惑,不能控制自己的思想(失去器官等活动的能力)。
gang up on:联合反对。
scrunchy:心中不快的,心里有疙瘩的。
Mercedes convertible:奔驰敞篷车。
Freakish:畸形的,奇特的。
dryer sheets:是在使用衣服干燥机时用的烘干纸,(与湿的衣服一起放在干燥机内运行),目的是减少静电,增加衣服的柔软度,和添加香味。
belch:打嗝。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!