I’m talking he had me hog-tied in the desert
拿枪顶着我脑袋
with a gun to my head.
当着我的面折了两个家伙的腿
Broke two guys’ legs right in front of me.
要是我没说服他 他可能就把他们…
If I hadn’t talked him down, he probably would’ve…
血淋淋的细节就不谈了 总之很惨
I’ll spare you the gory details, but it was a deal and a half —
让人永生难忘啊
not something you forget.
你跟我说这些干嘛
And you’re telling me this why?
别太苛责自己
Don’t be too tough on yourself.
人们说 谨慎即大勇
Like they say, discretion is the better part of valor.
换我也会这样做
I would’ve done the same thing.
今天算我帮你 不收费
Hey, today, u202dit’s on me — no charge.
你搭下趟电梯
You take the next one.
照常收费
And bill me.
忘恩负义
Ingrate.
喂 吉米
Hey, Jimmy.
你跟霍华德说了吗
Did you tell Howard yet?
我现在还不能说
I can’t really talk right now.
你没跟他说啊
You didn’t tell him.
还没 等确定了我才能说
No, and I won’t until it’s rock-solid,
要等到录用通知书到手
like offer-letter-in-hand solid.
你什么时候能拿到录用通知书
When are you gonna get that offer letter?
下礼拜四吧
u202dI’m guessing next Thursday,
跟合伙人面试过以后
After my interview with the partners.
-那只是走个流程吧 -差不多
– Yeah, but that’s just a formality, right? u202d- Basically.
希望是
I hope.
到底给你开的什么条件
What’s the offer you think?
我是说实质的
I mean, brass tacks.
比不上你在戴维斯梅因律所的
Well, it’s not gonna be as much as your deal at Davis & Main,
但是两年后可以成为合伙人
but they’ll make me partner in two years,
而在HHM需要五年或者永远不能
as opposed to somewhere between five years and never at HHM.
不错嘛
Not too shabby.
还帮我还法学院贷款
Yeah, and then there’s my law-school loans.
还要还多少 几千块吗
What is that — a couple grand by now?
只有几千就好了
I wish.
我还有其他开支
I had to finance the whole thing
当时还拿的是收发室工资
and was only making mailroom money.
还剩一万五没有还完
I’ve got u202dlike $15,000 left.
斯韦卡特还真是想挖你啊
Schweikart wants you bad, huh?
但是 吉米
But, J — but, Jimmy,
你找我有什么事
Did you have something you needed?
不不 就打电♥话♥问问
No, no. I was just checking in.
一会儿见 好吗
Uh, I’ll see you later, okay?
如果你表现好的话
If you play your cards right.
拜拜
Bye.
奥马尔 你在哪
Omar, where are you?
奥马尔 帮我写封信行吗
Omar, would you be so kind as to take a letter for me?
“最亲爱的克利福德” 不 太过了
“Dearest Clifford…” No, that’s too much.
“亲爱的克利福”
“Dear Cliff…”
你觉得应该叫克利福德还是克里福
Whaddaya think — Clifford or Cliff?
我不知道 要看是什么信吧
I don’t — it depends on what the letter is.
没事 你看着写吧
That’s fine. Treat yourself.
亲爱的 加什么都可以
Uh, “Dear…” Whoever you put in.
接下来 “我的心沉重得就像”
Continuing — u202duh, “My heart is heavy as –”
不行 听起来像是生病了
No, that sounds like a medical condition.
这么写吧
Let’s go with, um,
“我怀着沉重的心情” 好吧
“It is with a heavy heart,” Okay?
“我怀着沉重的心情向戴维斯梅因律所
“It is with a heavy heart that I tender my resignation
“正式提交辞呈”
“to Davis & Main.”
用”提交”比”上交”好吧
“Tender” is better than “Submit,” Yeah?
你说辞呈吗
Resignation?
是啊
Yes, sir.
“向戴维斯梅因律所提交…
So, “Tender,” Blah, blah, blah, “To Davis & Main.
“在这里工作的日子
“These have been, uh,
“是我一生中最有职业成就感的一段时期”
“some of the most professionally satisfying days of my life…”
怎么了
What’s wrong?
是不是说得有点过了
Do you think u202dI’m laying it on too thick?
不是…
No, um…
我只是没想到你在这里这么受气
I just didn’t realize how unhappy you were here.
不是受气
Not unhappy, per se.
而是…不开心
More like… Not happy.
我完全没看出来
I had no idea.
不是你的错 伙计
u202dIt’s not your fault, buddy.
你很能干
It’s just — you’re top-notch.
我们写到哪了
Where were we?
可是你那么努力才争取到这一切
It’s just y-you worked so hard to get here,
现在放弃的话你会失去很多
and it’s so much to give up —
单说你的特别待遇
I-I mean, the perks alone.
是啊
Yeah.
公♥寓♥确实…不错
The apartment is, uh… Yeah.
还有车
And the car.
那辆车整体上是相当不错的
For the most part, car is pretty sweet.
还有签约奖金
And the bonus.
奖金已经到手了
The bonus is a done deal.
他们早就把支票给我了
It’s — u202dthey already cut me the check.
奖金我可以留着
I get to keep the bonus.
除非你辞职
Not if you quit.
在一定时间内辞职 我记得你的是一年内
Before a certain term — I think yours is a year —
你就要把钱还回来
You have to pay the money back.
是…
It’s, um…
这个…
Yeah, uh, um…
对 就是这里…
Uh, uh, yeah, it’s, uh…
应该是这儿
I think it’s right, uh, there.
我看看
Yeah.
奥马尔 这个
Omar…That whole, u202duh,
辞职信的事情
letter-of-resignation thing
我不是认真的 一个字也不作数
that — I didn’t mean that, not a word.
我…
I…
我只是 压力太大了
I-I’m so incredibly stressed out.
压力太大
I’m stressed out.
而且 坦白说
And frank– to be honest,
适应戴维斯梅因的工作节奏
it has been more of an adjustment
比我预想中更困难
than I expected here at Davis & Main.
所以我有点 别把我刚才说的告诉别人
And so I just — don’t repeat what I said to anyone.
我就觉得有些不对劲
I figured u202dsomething had to be wrong —
肯定不对劲 因为你很喜欢在这里工作吧
I mean, really wrong because you like it here, right?
爱死了
I love it.
刚刚 就当是一瞬间失去理智吧
It — call it ?A momentary lapse of reason.
我们
And but just —
我们忘了这回事吧
Let’s just rewind the tape and, you know, forget this happened.
没问题 绝对不说出去
Mum’s the word. No problem.
我感觉好多了
Yeah, I feel better already.
有时候必须把想说的大声发泄出来
I — you know, sometimes, you have to say something out loud
才知道那听起来有多荒唐
to hear how crazy it sounds.
谢谢你 奥马尔
Thank you, Omar.
阿尔布开克 二十六英里
你好 吉米·麦吉尔
Hi, Jimmy Mcgill.
吉米 这位是联盟殡仪馆的艾尔·纽曼
Jimmy, this is Al Newman of Allied Funeral Homes.
很高兴见到你 艾尔
Great to meet you, Al.
-领带不错 -谢谢
– Nice tie. u202d- Thanks.
好了 我们开始吧
All right. Let’s get started, shall we?
你在干什么
What are you doing?
道格 给办公室弄了台榨汁器
Hey, Doug! u202dGot a juicer for the office!
吉米 太吵了
Jimmy, it’s very loud!
-布莱恩 进来 -我们的委托人在外面
– Brian, come on in! – We have clients out there!
-好的 两杯 马上 -吉米
– Sure, you can! Two coming right up! – Jimmy —
有时候塞太多会堵住
Sometimes, it gets a little jammed.
你得用力才行 像这样
You just got to force it. Yeah!
天哪
Oh, shit!
该死 溅得到处都是
Shi– I’m — I’m spreading it around.
-溅到你身上了吗 -没有
– Did I get you? u202d- Nah.
现在弄上了
I — oh, u202dnow I got you with this.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!