再加上我的签约奖金
And with my signing bonus,
你就可以从头开始了
you’ll have a clean slate.
前程无限好
The sky’s the limit.
我俩合作很好的
Hey, we’re good together.
这你知道的
You know that.
还犹豫什么
So, what’s stopping us?
全身心投入 做自己的老板
Let’s jump in with both feet, be our own bosses,
共建我们的未来
build our own future.
“做自己的老板”
“Be our own bosses.”
哪里来的委托人呢
What about clients?
你刚刚签了梅萨维德银行 是吧
Mesa Verde just signed with you, didn’t they?
想把他们挖走很难
It’ll be a hard sell to take them with me.
那就再找一个梅萨维德
So, then there will be another Mesa Verde.
这全都靠你 金
That was all you, Kim.
你能签下这个 再签一个有何难
You did it once. You can do it again.
你说得轻松
You make it sound easy.
不 你面前的这个男人
No. You’re talking to a guy
可是在美甲店里蜗居了多年
who lived u202din the back of a nail salon.
肯定要付出很多心血和汗水
No, this is gonna be a whole lot of blood, sweat, and tears —
至少一开始肯定很艰难
at least, at the start.
但是最终我们会拥有完全属于我们的生意
But in the end, we’ll have a practice that is 100% ours,
很值得
that’s worth it.
也有可能失败 两手空空
Or we fail u202dand end up with nothing.
你说得对 这就是一场赌博
Well, you’re right — it’s a gamble.
这是一场豪赌
It’s a big one.
没错 但你是把赌注压在自己身上
Yeah, u202dbut you’re betting on yourself,
就我看来 你赢的几率很大
and from where I sit, the odds are in your favor.
你是一名出色的律师
You’re an amazing lawyer.
这是你向世界展示的机会
This is your chance to show the world that.
那我为什么不去斯韦卡特呢
So, why not go to Schweikart?
他们也会让我成为合伙人
They’ll make me partner,
而且他们律所可靠 声誉又好
and they are a solid, respectable firm.
这一点无可否认
You can’t deny that.
你不该只满足于这样的横向调动
You deserve more than just a lateral move.
这就是斯韦卡特代表的
Bottom line — that’s what Schweikart represents.
他只是另一个霍华德·哈姆林罢了
He’s just Howard Hamlin by a different name.
你一直在说我和斯韦卡特
You keep talking about me and Schweikart.
那你和戴维斯梅因怎么办
What about you and Davis & Main?
结束了 我今天辞职了
That’s over. I quit today.
严格来讲 是我被炒了
Well, technically, I got fired.
怎么了
What happened?
互相看不顺眼 而且由来已久
It was mutual and a long time coming.
这份工作从一开始就不适合我
That job was never the right fit for me.
这份才是
This is.
如果我俩要成为律所合伙人
If we’re gonna be law partners,
有一件事我需要确认
I need to know one thing.
你会是什么样的律师
What kind of lawyer are you gonna be?
我不是指你要专攻哪一法律 我指的是
I don’t mean what kind of law are you gonna practice. I mean
你会照章办事吗
are you gonna play it straight,
还是继续
or are you gonna…
耍各种花招
be colorful?
我会照章办事 绝不出格
I’m gonna play it straight, right down the line.
我会万分谨慎
I’m gonna dot every “I,” and I’m gonna cross every…
如果我不能做自己 那这又有什么意义
There’s no point in me doing this if I can’t be myself.
每一次我照着别人的方法来做事
Every time I try to do things someone else’s way,
都会把事情搞砸
it blows up in my face.
在戴维斯梅因律所就是如此
That’s what happened at Davis & Main.
看看结果如何
Look how that turned out.
我差点毁了你的事业 惹毛了所有人
I almost derailed your career, pissed everyone off.
我一直都努力活在别人的期望中
I’ve been trying to be the person someone else wants me to be for…
我也不知道有多久了
I don’t know how long.
一开始是查克
I mean, first, it was Chuck,
然后是你 这并不是你的错
then it was you — u202dand that’s not your fault.
那是我自己的选择
That was my choice.
但是如果我们要这么做
But if we’re gonna do this,
我要做我自己
I got to go into it as me.
所以 没错
So, yeah.
继续耍花招吧
Colorful, I guess.
你觉得怎么样
What do you say?
我只是
I just…
我不明白为什么我俩非要在一起工作呢
I don’t see u202dwhy it’s so important to you that we work together.
我们已经…
I mean, we’re already…
你为什么还要拉我入伙呢
u202dWhy do you need me for this?
我不是需要你 我想要你
I don’t need you — I want you.
你已经拥有我了…
You’ve got me…
只不过不是合伙人
Just not as a law partner.
我得回去工作了
I have to get back to work.
你没事吧
You okay?
没事
Yeah.
没事 我很好
No, I’m fine.
去吧
Go on.
那一会见
See you later? u202d
一会见
Yeah.
你也看到了 这房♥子可以拎包入住
It’s move-in ready, as you can see.
在过去三年里已经重新装♥修♥过了
And they’ve renovated within the past three years —
地板和厨房♥都是新的
new floors, new kitchen.
空间也很大
And it’s a good amount of space.
这房♥子不算太过吧
It’s not too much house, you think?
一点也不过分
No, not at all.
看看那后院啊
And look at that backyard.
他们把小房♥子都留在这了
They’re leaving the playhouse.
是不是很棒
Isn’t that amazing? u202d
凯莉肯定爱死了
Kaylee will go crazy for that.
-她肯定进去了就不想出来 -是吧
– You’ll never get her outta there. – I know, right?
最重要的是
And the most important part —
周围的学校很不错 邻居也很棒
the schools are good and the neighborhood is great.
我打了本警区的电♥话♥ 问了犯罪率
I called the local precinct and asked about the crime stats —
这里是市里最低的地方之一
they’re some of the lowest in the city.
而且 他的语气很好
Plus, I got a good vibe from him.
听起来很负责任
Like, they sounded really responsive.
这很不错
That sounds perfect.
是的
Yeah.
你喜欢吗
Do you like it?
你开心我就开心
If you’re happy, I’m happy.
你喜欢吗
Do you like it?
是 我喜欢 但是我
Yeah, I do, but I’m —
-但是什么 -需要一大笔钱
– But what? – u202dIt’s a lot of money.
我知道我一直唠叨 但确实要很多钱
I know — I’m like u202da broken record, but it is.
这你不必担心
You don’t worry about that.
无论多少钱都要买♥♥下来
We’ll make it happen, whatever the cost.
-麦克 -我说真的
– Mike. – u202dHey, I’m serious.
别多想了
Not another thought.
你想要就买♥♥吧
If you want it, it’s yours.
房♥子怎么样
How we looking?
非常棒
Oh, it’s perfect.
-成交 -非常好
– Let’s do it. u202d- Fantastic.
你们还有时间吗
Do you have another hour?
我们可以去办公室
We could go down to the office,
申请贷款预批之类的
get the pre-approval in order, all that.
可以 我们在那儿见
Oh, sounds good. We’ll meet you there.
行 一会儿见
Sure. See you in a few.
我终于能松口气了
Oh, I feel like I can finally breathe.
行 我很高兴
Good. I’m glad.
你想坐我的车吗
You wanna ride together?
不 我跟着你开
No, I’ll follow you over.
车看起来还行嘛
Car looks good.
连剐蹭的痕迹都看不出来
Wouldn’t even know u202dyou so much as scratched it.
没错 修车工技术好
Yeah, um, my guy knows his stuff.
爸 谢谢你做的一切
Thank you, pop, for everything.
开车去吧
You go on now.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!