我将任命你为”物流顾问”
I have you down u202das a “Logistics consultant.”
那是什么
What is that?
就是对物流提供咨♥询♥的人
It’s a person who consults on logistics.
这重要吗
Does it matter?
我不擅长物流
I’m not long on logistics.
“安保顾问”更好一些
“Security consultant” would be better.
我过去是警♥察♥
I used to be a cop.
这可比你履历上写的
That will look better on your “Work history”
现雇主”SMQ停车服务”体面多了
than your current employer, SMQ Parking.
你拿走我的钱 通过这个公♥司♥运作
So, you take my money, you run it through this joint,
然后就是干净的钱了
and it comes out clean.
-是吗 -是的
– That it? – u202dYes.
谁知道这个流程
Who knows this operation?
你 还有别人吗
You — anyone else?
-没了 -你确定
– No. – u202dYou sure?
容我问一句 你到底在担心什么
May I ask, what precisely is your concern here?
我担心如果你把我的真名
I am concerned about what happens
记在账本上 会怎么样
if you put my real name in your books.
你们牧歌♥电气是个德国公♥司♥
Your Madrigal is a German company.
关于德国我只知道一点 他们喜欢查账
One thing I know about Germans is they love a good audit.
我负责监督德州和西南部
I oversee eight freight terminals
八个货运站的财务
across Texas and the Southwest.
每周经手的资金
Operating costs range between
从八十万到一百万不等
$800,000 and u202da million dollars per week.
恕我直言 麦克 你的钱
All due respect, Mike, but your money?
只是个零头
It’s a rounding error.
如果国税局或其他人调查
If the IRS or anyone else looks,
你只是一名拥有十一万四千名员工的
you’re a contractor u202dfor a multinational corporation
跨国公♥司♥的雇员
with 1♥1♥4♥,000 employees worldwide.
你和这栋楼里的其他人一样
You’re like every other person in this building.
比如你
Like you?
你觉得我没在账本上
You think I’m not on the books?
我在 我自己的名字
I am. Under my own name.
你以前这样处理过吗
This the way you handled it before?
处理什么
Handled what?
那笔钱 为弗林手下其他人
The money. For Fring’s other guys.
其他人
Other guys?
不管对谁 这都是我第一次
This is the first time I’ve done this…
这样做
for anyone.
我不知道你是干什么的
I don’t know what you do, but…
但弗林先生肯定认为你很厉害
Mr. Fring must think you’re quite good at it.
二十周
20 weeks?
你越快在账本上消失越好
The sooner you’re off my books, the better.
贾斯汀
u202dJustin?
你能帮我复印一份吗
Can you make a copy of these, please?
谢谢
Thank you.
怎么
What?
这间办公室很不错
This is a very nice office.
谢谢
Thank you.
看来你为一个毒贩冒了很大险
Seem to be risking a lot for a drug dealer.
“毒贩”
“Drug dealer”?
如果你以为他只是这样
If that’s all you think he is…
那你真是一点不了解古斯塔沃·弗林
then you don’t know Gustavo Fring.
我来确认下
Let me understand you…
你们打算把我们律所
you’re proposing to double our premiums
所有执业律师的保险费翻倍
on every one u202dof our practicing attorneys?
我知道这很唐突
We know this is abrupt —
新问题出现了
new issues have come to light.
“新问题”
“New issues”?
你是说麦吉尔先生在律师协会的证词
You mean Mr. McGill’s testimony at the Bar?
有这个原因
That’s a part of it, yes.
在全额支付了二十五年保费后
After 25 years of paying full premiums,
我用一只手都能数清我们的索赔记录
I can count on one hand the number of our claims.
这是一项承保决定
This is an underwriting decision —
仅此而已 你不用往心里去
that’s all. You shouldn’t take it personally.
在一些特定环境下
In some special circumstances,
我们通常会派出助理
we have been known to extend a rider.
什么样的助理
What kind of rider?
律所的管理层级别的合伙人
A senior, management-level partner
他将监督查尔斯的工作
who would supervise Charles’ work,
与他一起出庭 与客户见面
attend court u202dand client meetings with him,
复审文件
review filings.
我们少数几次这样做
The few times we’ve done this,
都是由于客户有很大可能
it’s been for clients with a high probability
突发重病而采取的预防措施
of catastrophic health failure as a precaution.
你的意思是 如果查尔斯开始接案子
What you’re saying is that for any case Charles takes on,
另一名合伙人也将被套牢
another partner would be tied up, as well,
我们也不能多收钱了吗
and we don’t bill a penny more?
这太荒唐了
This is ludicrous.
保险业有严格的规范
The insurance industry is heavily regulated.
我现在当场就能想出
I can think of a dozen infractions
-一堆你们的违规之处 -麦吉尔先生
– right here off the top of my head. – Mr. McGill —
你们希望我们要么换担♥保♥人
You’re hoping we’ll either find another carrier
要么给你们一大笔钱
or cut you an enormous check.
无论如何都对你们有利
Win-win for you!
我保证 这两种情况都没指望
I assure you, u202dneither is going to happen.
接下来的事很简单
What will happen is very simple —
你们会公正对待我们
you’re going to do right by us
否则我们就强迫你们这样做
or we will compel you to do so.
-“强迫”是什么意思 -你清楚得很
– What do you mean by “Compel”? – u202dYou know u202dexactly what I mean.
如果你威胁起诉我们
If you’re threatening litigation,
恐怕这次会面要结束了
I’m afraid this meeting is over.
那就结束吧
Then it’s over.
谢谢你们的时间
Thank you for your time.
哈姆林先生 麦吉尔先生
Mr. Hamlin, Mr. McGill.
好了 我们从哪开始
All right. Where do we begin?
法兰西斯应该开始研究规定了
Francis should start digging into regulations.
很抱歉 刚才我没有想到规定的具体章节
I’m sorry u202dI don’t have the code sections at my fingertips just now.
我们来调一队律师
Let’s pull a team of associates
让他们彻底弄明白禁令救济
and get them looking at every angle of injunctive relief.
在下班之前
Before close of business…
我们将用一封律师函
…we’re going to hit Santa Rosa with a demand letter
搞得他们找不着北
that’ll make their heads spin.
有可能一周之内
Odds are, inside a week,
他们又会坐在这张桌前
they’ll be sitting at the table again.
如果没有
And if not…
我们绝不会临阵脱逃
well, we’ve never u202dshied away from a fight.
查克 你记得艾尔·麦康纳尔吗
Chuck, do you remember Al McConnell?
当然 很厉害的律师
Of course. Helluva litigator.
现在退休了吧
Retired now, isn’t he?
他现在在新墨西哥州州立大学当讲授
He’s a professor at UNM now.
写了本关于重建时期美国最高法♥院♥的书
Wrote a fantastic book on SCOTUS during Reconstruction.
棒极了
Fascinating stuff.
好吧
Okay…?
我跟他谈过 他提到
I was talking to him, and he mentioned
很愿意请你去和他的新生们聊聊
he’d love you u202dto come speak to his One-Ls.
如果你想 也可以常去
Maybe make it a regular thing, if you wanted.
你在说什么 霍华德
What are you talking about, Howard?
我的意思是
What I’m saying is…
也许你该退出这一行了
maybe it’s time to hang up your spurs.
变成荣誉合伙人
Become partner emeritus —
公♥司♥留着你的名字 但重视你的贡献
leave your name on the firm but focus on your legacy.
你一直说你想研究贸易法
You always said you wanted to work on the Commerce Clause —
你可以写本书
you can write the book on it.
不再做执业律师了
And no longer be a practicing lawyer.
查克 生命远不止如此
Chuck, there’s more to life than this.
那是很久以后的事了 霍华德
That day u202dis far in the future, Howard.
我不喜欢你的建议
And I don’t appreciate the suggestion.
如果这不是建议呢
What if it’s not a suggestion?
什么意思
Meaning?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!