卡门是碳元素组成的
Carmen is carbon.
抱歉 卡门副校长
Sorry. Assistant Principal Carmen.
你有没有
Did you…
我喜欢这么想
I like to think of it…
我认为钻石
I like to think that the diamond
和戴着钻石的女人
and the woman who wears it on her finger
都是由
are both formed
同一元素组成的
from the same stuff.
不如说钻石和发明钻石的男人
Or, say the diamond and the man who invented it.
你们感兴趣了 不是吗
That got your attention, right?
发明钻石的男人
The man who invented the diamond.
好吧
All right.
H·特雷西·霍尔 记下这个名字
H. Tracy Hall. Write this name down.
霍尔教授发明了第一个
Dr. Hall invented the first
可再生工艺用于制♥造♥人造钻石
reproducible process for making synthetic diamonds.
这是早在五十年代的事情 而如今
I mean, this is way back in the ’50s.Now, today,
人造钻石被应用于石油钻探
synthetic diamonds are used in oil drilling,
电子设备等数十亿美元的产业
electronics, multi-billion dollar industries.
那时候 霍尔教授 在为通用电气工作
At the time, Dr. Hall worked for General Electric.
并为他们带来了一笔不小的财富
And he made them a fortune.
不可计数的财富
I mean, incalculable.
你们想知道通用怎么回报霍尔博士的吗
You want to know how GE rewarded Dr. Hall?
十美元的储蓄公债
A $10 US Savings Bond.
总之
Anyway.
一个印在碳基纸上的储蓄公债
A Savings Bond printed on carbon-based paper
付给了一个碳基的人
paid to a carbon-based man
以奖励他以碳元素为基础的
for something he made out of…
发明
carbon.
你回来真是太好了 沃尔特
It’s so nice to have you back with us, Walt.
顺便说下 你看起来真不赖
And you’re looking great, by the way.
瘦了点 这当然不算坏事
A little skinnier. Which is definitely no tragedy.
-还有头发 -我其实挺喜欢那样
– And then there’s the hair thing. – I actually like that.
你这造型挺不错
That’s a great look for you.
你身体感觉好吗
But you’re feeling good?
当然 非常好
Absolutely. 100%.
我很高兴能回来工作
I’m glad to be back at work.
我很高兴
I’m glad to…
在这儿挺开心 真的
I’m happy to be here. Really.
我们也很开心
We’re happy too.
只是
And I just…
没事
It’s good.
这很好
It’s great.
有什么事吗
Is everything okay?
请放心
Just please feel comfortable
如果有任何问题
coming to me
就来找我
with any problems,
无论什么
Any issues.
任何事情
Anything at all.
完全保密
You know, completely confidential.
-再见 弗林 -再见 杰弗里
– See you tomorrow, Flynn. – See you, Jeffrey.
让我看看
Let me see it.
老爸 让我看看
Dad, let me see it.
别担心
Don’t worry about it.
我们走吧
Let’s go.
看不见
Peekaboo.
看不见
Peekaboo.
你待在这儿别动 好吗
You stay right here, all right?
我说真的
I mean it.
-闭嘴 -你才闭嘴
– You shut up! – You shut up!
是你把他弄丢了
You’re the one who dropped it.
我没弄丢 我他妈没弄丢!
I didn’t drop it! I didn’t drop shit!
-是你弄丢的 -你♥他♥妈♥给我闭嘴
– You dropped it! – Shut the hell up about it.
-你闭嘴 -不 你才闭嘴
– You shut up! – No, you shut up!
起来
Get up!
闭嘴
Shut up!
你们俩都是
Both of you!
你知道可能是谁干的吗
You know who might have done it?
我大概知道
I have an idea.
我也是这么想的
Here’s what I think.
你告诉我他们是谁 然后
You ID them. And then together,
我和你一起给他们头上套上袋子
You and I put a bag over their heads.
把他们捆起来
We tie them up,
把他们运到沙漠里
Drive them way out into the desert,
再剥光他们的衣服
Strip them naked,
然后把他们埋到满是火蚁的沙堆里
Then bury them up to their necks
只露出脖子以上
On a huge mound of fire ants.
在一部老西部片里学的
Saw it in that old Western.
加入我吗
You with me?
要不用蝎子吧
Scorpions?
蝎子不错
Scorpions are good.
很好
Very nice.
酷 老爸
Damn, Dad.
看看这个
Check it out.
这是谁的
Who is this?
这是 小沃尔特 也可以叫他弗林
So, this is Walter Jr. Or Flynn.
他最近喜欢被叫做弗林
He likes to go by Flynn these days.
-妈 -干吗 我只是提供一点选择
– Mom…- What? I’m just offering the choice.
这位是施瓦兹夫人 想必你已经听说过了
This is Mrs. Schwartz, whom you’ve heard so much about.
很高兴认识你 弗林
Very nice to meet you, Flynn.
我也很高兴认识你
Nice to meet you, too.
沃尔特 看看谁来了
Walter.Look who’s here.
见到你真高兴
Always nice to see you.
真是个惊喜
What a nice surprise.
看看你 看起来不错嘛
Look at you. You’re looking good.
不过光头太惊悚了
Though a bald head is a bit of a shocker.
我知道这是为了我
I know it was for me.
你头型不错
You have a good shaped head.
-我可以摸摸吗 -当然
– May I? – Oh, sure.
-为了好运 对吧 -对啊 要充满希望
– For good luck. Right? – Exactly. Here’s hoping.
我们要怀有憧憬 是吧
We could use some of that, huh?
施瓦兹夫人
Mrs. Schwartz?
谢谢你为我爸爸所做的
Thank you so much for what you’ve done for my dad.
真的太好了
It was a really good thing.
不用谢 真的
You’re very welcome.
我们会想方设法报答你
We’re going to find a way to repay you.
我们不奢求什么报答
We don’t want to ever hear that.
我不想那么说
You know what? I hate to say it,
但我真的得走了
but I really need to get going.
-太遗憾了 -你不能留下来吃晚餐吗
– That’s too bad. – You can’t stay for dinner?
我希望可以 但不幸的是
I wish I could, but unfortunately
我怕会堵车
I have to try to beat the traffic.
我希望我们有机会能
Well, I hope we get a chance to…
畅聊一番
to catch up real soon.
但愿如此
Hopefully.
你的手袋
Your purse.
再会
Good to see you.
欢迎你和埃利奥特随时来做客
And you and Elliott are welcome any time. Really.
我个人
And I, for one, am gonna be much
也希望我们能常联♥系♥
better about keeping in touch.
-见到你真是太好了 -我也是
– It’s so good to see you. – And you.
认识你很高兴
Nice meeting you.
我也是
Likewise.
-再见了 -开车当心
– Bye now. – Drive safely.
我在想
What am I thinking?
我该送她到车上
I should walk her to her car. Really.
我马上回来
I’ll be right back.
你能不能
What did you…
我们需要谈谈
We need to talk.
在那之前你可不可以
Can you not do or say
不要跟别人说
anything to anyone until then?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!