No, come on. I mean, so many parents just take their kid’s side
自己跟孩子一样
acting like children themselves.
如果是伊桑把扎卡里两颗牙齿打掉了
If Ethan had broken two of Zachary’s teeth
我和艾伦肯定反应激烈
Alan and I might have had more of a knee-jerk reaction.
我们不一定会顾全大局
I’m not sure we would see the big picture.
肯定会的
Sure you would.
-她说的对 真的不一定 -你会的
-She’s right. I’m not so sure. -You would.
我们都知道事情可能是反过来的
We all know this could have happened the other way around.
扎卡里怎么说?
What does Zachary say about this?
他怎么看这件事?
How is he experiencing it?
他不怎么说话 可能有点不堪重负吧
He doesn’t talk much. A little overwhelmed, I guess.
但他知道他把自己学校同学毁容了吧?
But he realizes that he disfigured his schoolmate?
不 他不知道他把自己同学毁容了
No. No, he doesn’t realize that he disfigured his schoolmate.
你干嘛这么说?
Why do you say that?
扎卡里当然知道了
Of course Zachary realizes.
他意识到自己的暴♥力♥行为是错误的
He realizes that this violent behavior is unacceptable
但没有把同学毁容啊
not that he disfigured his schoolmate.
你不喜欢这个词 但这个词很准确
You don’t like the word, but the word is appropriate.
我儿子没把你儿子弄毁容
My son did not disfigure your son.
你儿子当然把我儿子毁容了!
Your son disfigured our son.
放学回家 看看他的嘴和牙齿
Come back after school. Look at his mouth, his teeth.
暂时性毁容
Momentarily disfigured.
他的嘴没事的 消肿了就好了
His mouth will be fine when the swelling goes down.
至于牙齿 我们可以提供最好的牙医服务
As for the teeth, we’d be willing to chip in for the best dental care.
我们有保险
We’ve got insurance.
我们希望孩子们可以化解矛盾
What we want is for the boys to patch it up
保证此类事件以后再不发生
make sure nothing like this happens again.
我们再安排一次见面吧
Let’s set up a meeting.
-肯定的 -我们需要在场吗?
-Yeah, exactly. -Should we be there?
他们不需要教练员吧 像男人一样去解决吧
They don’t need coaching. Let them work it out like men.
像男人一样? 艾伦 别开玩笑了
Like men. Alan, don’t be ridiculous.
另一方面说 或许我们不需要在场
On the other hand, maybe we don’t need to be there.
或许我们不在会更好 是吧?
Maybe it’s better if we weren’t there, right?
事情不是我们在不在场的问题
The issue is not whether we’re there or whether we’re not there.
而是他们愿不愿意好好谈谈这件事
The issue is, do they wanna talk about this?
愿不愿意解决
Do they wanna work this out?
-伊桑愿意 -扎卡里呢?
-Ethan does. -Does Zachary?
-他没得挑的 -那得他自己愿意才行
-We won’t give him a choice. -It has to come from him.
扎卡里就是个小恶棍
Zachary acts like a thug.
我们可没时间等他突然觉醒
We’re not gonna wait around for him to see the light.
如果扎卡里只是被惩罚着来见伊桑 完全被强迫
If Zachary sees Ethan in a punitive context because he’s forced to
那整件事也不会有什么意义
I just don’t see anything positive coming out of that.
朗斯特里特女士 我们的儿子就是个疯子
Mrs. Longstreet, our son is a maniac.
如果你想让他自发地表示歉意
If you hope he’ll suddenly and spontaneously get all apologetic
只能白日做梦了
you’re dreaming.
我很抱歉 但我真的得回办公室了
Look, I’m sorry. I really do have to get back to the office.
南希 你留下 告诉我最后的决定
Nancy, you’ll stay. You’ll let me know what was decided.
我在这反正也没什么用
I’m no use to anyone anyway.
女人总觉得男人要在场 孩子要父亲
Women always think you need the man, you need the father.
好像我们真有用似的
Like it would do any good.
我真的很抱歉 但我也得走了
Look, I’m really sorry, but I can’t stay either.
我丈夫从来都不管带孩子的任何事
My husband has never been much of an “I’ll push the stroller”-type daddy.
太遗憾了 孩子们长起来很快的
Well, it’s too bad. It goes by so fast.
迈克尔很喜欢带孩子
Michael, you loved taking care of the kids.
-他天生就有这兴趣 -当然
-He had a ball pushing that stroller. -Yeah, sure.
所以 最后怎么说?
So, what did we decide?
你们能晚上七点半来我们家吗? 和伊桑一起
Could you come over to our place at about 7:30 with Ethan?
七点半可以吧?
Seven-thirty all right?
如果硬要我说
Well, if you want my opinion
请说
Yes, please.
我觉得应该是扎卡里过来这里
I think Zachary should come over here.
我同意 受害者总不能跑来跑去的吧
-Yeah, I agree. -The victim shouldn’t make the trip.
-好的 -好的
-Yeah, that’s right. -Okay.
我七点半哪里也去不了
Well, I can’t be anywhere at 7:30.
谁说你了? 你反正也没用
Who needs you? You’re useless, right?
说真的 我觉得父亲在场很有必要
Seriously, I think it’s important for his father to come.
今晚不行!
Not tonight. Hello.
-明天? -你好? 抱歉
-Tomorrow? -Hello? I’m sorry.
现在听得到?
Can you hear me now?
年度报告里什么都没有
There’s not a word in the annual report.
但这风险并没得到确认 还没有证据
But the risk wasn’t officially established. There’s no proof.
-好的 -他有给我回电吗
-Okay. -Yeah, have him call me back.
明天?
Tomorrow?
明天我在华盛顿了
Tomorrow I’m in Washington.
-你在华盛顿还有生意? -在五角大楼
-You have business in Washington? -The Pentagon.
最重要的就是让两个孩子好好谈谈
Look, the main thing is to get the kids to talk.
我晚上七点半
So I’ll come over to your place at 7:30 with Zachary
会带着扎卡里过来 让他们谈
and we’ll just let them talk it through.
怎么? 你好像不大同意
What? You don’t seem convinced.
如果扎卡里没有学会自我反省
If Zachary hasn’t acquired any accountability skills
他们只会盯着对方看而已 那更不好
they’ll glare at each other, and it’ll be a disaster.
自我反省 你在说什么啊?
Accountability skills? What are you talking about?
-我肯定 你们儿子不是疯子 -扎卡里不是疯子
-I’m sure your son is not a maniac. -Zachary is not a maniac.
-他就是 -艾伦 别胡说
-Yes, he is. -Alan, don’t be an idiot.
-干嘛这么说? -他就是疯子
-Why are you saying that? -He’s a maniac.
他怎么解释他的行为?
How does he explain what he did?
-他不愿提 -他应该说
-He won’t talk about it. -He should. He should talk about it.
好多”应该”啊
That’s a lot of “shoulds.”
他应该过来这儿 他应该谈谈 他应该感到抱歉
He should come here. He should talk about it. He should feel sorry.
你肯定比我们更上心
I’m sure you’re much more evolved than we are.
我们希望快点解决 同时这也是放纵
We’re trying to get up to speed. In the meantime, indulge us.
怎么了这是
Hey, hey, hey. Come on.
到底怎么了?
Come on. What happened here?
我们不是来说这些的
This isn’t what we’re all about.
我在说扎卡里 说他
I was talking about Zachary, about him.
-我听出来了 -艾伦!
-Got that. Right. -Alan.
你想要再来点咖啡吗? 真正的咖啡
You want some more coffee? Some real coffee?
咖啡
Coffee.
谢谢
Thank you.
咖啡 好吧
Coffee. All right.
没事 我去拿
It’s okay, Pen. I’ll get it.
能看得出你很喜欢艺术
I see you’re an art enthusiast.
是的
Yes.
培根?
Bacon.
是啊 培根
Yeah, it’s Bacon.
残忍♥和华丽
Cruelty and splendor.
混乱 平衡
Chaos. Balance.
扎卡里对艺术感兴趣吗?
Is Zachary interested in art?
他应该感兴趣的 你的孩子们呢?
Not as much as he should be. Your children are?
我们试着补充学校课程里缺乏的东西
Well, we try to make up for what’s lacking in the school curriculum.
还有
Right.
我们试着让他们多读书 去音乐会和画展
We try to take them to concerts and to galleries.
我相信文化是和平的很大助推力
We really believe that culture can be such a powerful force for peace.
-是啊 太对了 -馅饼算是蛋糕还是派?
-You’re so right. -Is cobbler a cake or a pie?
这是个好问题
Here’s an important question.
我在厨房♥想 为什么披萨也算是派?
I was in the kitchen. I was thinking, “Why should pizza be a pie?”
别剩这么一小块了 吃了吧
Oh, here, here. Don’t leave this miserable little piece.
来来来
Go ahead. Go ahead. Here.
吃点这个
Go on, you have that.
馅饼应该是蛋糕 下面没有面皮
Cobbler’s a cake. No crust on the bottom.
就不能算是派
It can’t be a pie.
-你真是个大厨 -我喜欢做饭
-You’re a gourmet chef. -I like to cook.
它需要你倾注全部心力 不然就不要做
It’s something you have to do out of love or not at all.
我觉得 底下没有面皮 那就不是派
The way I see it, if there’s no crust on the bottom, it’s not a pie.
你们呢? 还有别的孩子吗?
So how about you guys? You have other kids?
我和前妻还有个儿子
I have another son by a former marriage.
我在想 我知道这不重要但是
You know, I was wondering, and I know this is not important
你们知道他们在吵些什么吗?
but do you know what they were arguing about?
伊桑一个字都不愿说
Because Ethan won’t say a word.
伊桑不让扎卡里加入他的兄弟会
Ethan wouldn’t let Zachary be a part of his gang.
-伊桑有个兄弟会? -他还叫他打报告的”小人”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!