我一直在想伽利略
I’ve been thinking about Galileo
关于你说他吓坏了大家
and what you said about him frightening people.
想想那是种什么感觉
Imagine what it must have felt like
人家告诉你说太阳不是围着地球转
to be told that the sun didn’t go round the Earth.
多恐怖啊 或者说地球不是平的
Horrible, or the earth isn’t flat.
是平的啊
It is, isn’t it?
是平的 简 别跟我说不是
Flat, Jane. Don’t tell me it isn’t flat.
那可不行
Oh, no, oh, no,
你现在要是看着我说
You looked me in the eye now and told me
地球不是平的 我不知道要怎么办好
that it isn’t flat and I don’t know what I will do,
我会 我会伤心欲绝 难过地死掉
I’ll be… I’ll be inconsolable, totally death of it.
史蒂芬
Stephen!
史蒂芬
Stephen!
你们当时知道这是什么吗
Did you have any idea what it might be?
你们心里有数吗
Did you think you knew?
还是纯属猜测
Or was it just guessing?
你是想说这个吗
Is that what you’re trying to say?
诺贝尔奖颁给最佳猜想 这就是你的报导
A Nobel Prize for guesswork? Is that story you’re after?
我告诉你 还在拍摄吗
Let me tell you something, are we still fiming?
好 很好
Good, good.
1939年 我父母送我上了一辆火车
In 1939, my mother and father put me on a train
火车载着一车犹太小孩驶向英国
filled with the Jewish childern headed to England.
避难儿童专线
Kindertransport.
二战爆发前九个月 英国接纳了来自纳粹德国
奥匈帝国 波兰等国的犹太儿童近万人
他们大都逃过了战争的劫难
你没事吧
Are you OK?
当时纳粹只放走了一些孩子
The Nazis were, letting some children go,
大人不行 只许孩子走
not the adults, just some children.
在站台上 我妈妈看着我
At the station, my mother looked into my face,
对我说要照顾好我弟弟
and said for me to looked out for my little brother,
一直盯着我们的行李箱
not to let our suitcase out of my sight and
还有不能丢了名签 阿诺·彭齐亚在此
don’t lose your name tag, Arno Penzias is here.
名签弄丢了
You lose your name tag,
你就没名字了 你就什么都没有了
you lose your name and you lose everything.
然后她就走了
And she went.
你当时多大
How old were you?
我六岁
I was six.
你们后来重逢了吗
Did you see her again?
我六岁 我弟弟五岁
I was six, my little brother was five.
她没哭
She didn’t cry.
她让这一切看起来似乎再正常不过
She made like it was a normal thing,
而正常的事就不能哭
and not crying was part of that.
你能想象不哭出来有多难吗
Can you image how hard it must have been not to cry?
把你的儿子送上那样一辆火车而不哭出来
To put your boys on a train like that and not to cry.
我那以后就一直讨厌行李箱
I’ve hated suitcases ever since.
他喜欢打开行李箱
He likes to unpack.
我父母逃出了德国
My mother and my father got out.
六个月后我们一起去了美国
Six month later we sailed for American together.
英国救了我一命
England saved my life.
美国给了我新的生命
America gave me a brand-new one.
但我从没 从没想到会有这一天
But I never, I never dreamed of this happening.
我们发现了这个 我们找到了它 发现了它
We discovered this. We found this, we discovered this.
这是什么
What it is?
这个钟…
This clock…
我拿到时好好的 等我从美国回来
It’s fine when I got it, when I went to America,
就开始倒着走
it started to run backwards.
让我的学生对时间的本质
Stops my students getting too complacent
不那么洋洋自得
about that nature of time.
-我不知道我来做… -听 听音乐
– I don’t know why I came here… – Listen to this, music.
巴♥赫♥没写完
Bach didn’t finish it.
他死了 没能完成
He died before he finished it.
但它如此完美
But it’s so perfect.
它没有完成就如此完美
Everything is done before it’s so perfect… it doesn’t end.
结束时你还能听到 你听
You can here it after it stops. Listen.
听得到吗?
Can you hear?
听得到吗?
Can you hear?
我们剑桥见
I’ll see you in Cambridge.
我以为是我们走了呢
I thought that was us.
我也是
So did I.
但不是
But it wasn’t.
对 是他们走了
No, it’s them.
现在又往后退了 我们要待一段时间了
Backwards now, we are having a time of it.
就怪这站台 一号♥站台
It is the platform. Platform one.
这个站台从不直接往前走
It’s never straight forward here,
你不知道接下来会发生什么
you don’t know what’s going to happen next.
我有时候跟我丈夫说 他却听不进去
Sometimes I told my husband about it but he doesn’t listen.
他只说”一号♥站台 是剑桥的站台嘛
He just says: “It’s Platform one, it’s the Cambridge platform,
当然会发生奇怪的事了
of course strange things are going to happen,
是剑桥的站台嘛”
it’s the platform for Cambridge.”
没人知道这是谁的站台 可剑桥…
Nobody else knows if it’s their platform, Cambridge…
向后 向后
Backwards, Backwards.

Yes.
反过来的 没错 时间的走向
It reversed. Oh, of course it reversed, the direction of time.
对 你在用剑桥的时间吗
Yes. Are you in Cambridge time?
对 我非常爱你 直到永远
Yes, and I love you deeply and forever!
罗杰 罗杰
Roger! Roger!
罗杰·彭罗斯 罗杰·彭罗斯 站住
Roger Penrose! Roger Penrose! Stop!
你没事吧
Are you right?
什么
What?
如果爱因斯坦是对的呢
What if Einstein was right.
什么对了
About what?
铅笔 纸
Pencil! And some paper!
粉笔
Chalk?
时间和空间 哪个出现的更早?
Time space diagram, what comes first?
空间 时间
Space? Time?
你把顺序反过来想
You have to think about reversing the direction of time.
用另一种顺序
Time coming in the other way.
什么 为什么
What, what for?
想啊 别停下 想
Go on, don’t stop, go on!
现在 此时此刻
Um… now, the present dust?
我们在此往回看时间
Here we are, looking back through time,
光 和宇宙中的密集物质
light, dense matter in space.
影响着空间的时间
Wobbling space time?
将光线…
Causing the matter rays,
把光线弯向彼此
bending the matter rays towards each other.
看 过去融汇到一起
Look! The past is patching.
你什么意思
What are you saying?
如果整个宇宙
What if the whole of the universe was
都困在一个既没有边界也没有力的区域里
trapped in a region with no boundary, strenghth, is zero.
奇点吗 虚无吗
The singularity? Nothingness?
你的理论 能用来解释坍圮
Your theory. Works for collapsing.
爱因斯坦 他证明了奇点一定存在
Einstein, he proves that singularity must have existed,
如果对这个也适用呢
what if it works for this, it could only work,
罗杰 如果能适用意味着什么
Roger, what would it mean if it did?
坍圮反过来
A collapse and reverse.
是爆♥炸♥
An explosion.
大爆♥炸♥
Bang!
抱歉 你说什么
Sorry, what?
你说什么
What are you saying?
写下来
Write it down.
你写下来吧
Why don’t you write it down?
抱歉 伙计
Sorry, mate.
三一学院
Trinity Hall.
这样啊 他是怎么了
Oh, right. What’s the matter with him?
你听说过乌舍尔主教吗
Have you heard of Bishop Usher?
十七世纪
Seventeenth century.
他计算出宇宙起点的日期
He calculated the date of the start of the universe.
怎么算的
How?
他把《旧约》里所有人的年龄加在了一起
By adding up all the ages of people in the Old Testament.
他的宇宙有多大
And how old is his universe?
大约始于公元前4004年

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!