and forgive us our…
再见 班杰明
Bye, Benjamin.
再见 菲欧娜
Bye, Phiona.
再见 伊万
Bye, Ivan.
教练 这里是天堂吗
Coach, is this heaven?
不 天堂还要再高点
No. Heaven is a bit higher.
我之前从没见过飞机
I’ve never before seen an airport.
我只有两套衣服
I only have two sets of clothes.
我要怎么打赢这里的这些人
How am I going to win these people over here?
有我们呢
班杰明
Benjamin!
班杰明 快来 你也要加紧练习
Benjamin, come. You also must practice.
去和莫桑比克的选手下
Go to Mozambique.
我们的教练在莫斯科任教 他是个西洋棋大♥师♥
Our coach trained in Moscow. He’s a Grandmaster.
他在俄♥罗♥斯♥有很多徒弟
He teaches students in Russia.
卡斯帕罗夫差点都败在他名下 你能想像吗
He almost beat Kasparov. Can you imagine?
教练说如果我能成为大♥师♥
Coach said that if I become a master,
只要去比赛 就能从我们的俱乐部
I may receive a stipend from our federation
拿到奖金
simply to go to tournaments.
奖金是什么
What is it, a stipend?
你不知道
What is it?
钱啊 笨蛋
Money, silly.
我能成为大♥师♥吗
Could I be a master?

Eh?
首先 你必须在世界西洋棋联合会认证的比赛上
First, you have to win 50% of your games
赢一半以上的场数
in a FIDE approved tournament.
比如说在俄♥罗♥斯♥举♥行♥的奥林匹克
Like the Olympiad, in Russia.
你听说过这个比赛吗 -没有
Have you ever heard of it? -No.
我快赢了
I’m beating this one.
不是 我是说我肯定能赢的
Mmm-mmm, I’m beating this one.
你懂的不是很多 对吧
You don’t know much, do you?
懂一点
I know a bit.
将军
Checkmate.
我赢了
I won him.
我也赢了那个女孩
I won my girl too.
他可是最好的棋手
He’s the best player.
肯定是他们吓唬我们的
They must be tricking us.
教练
Coach?
我觉得明天我们赢定了
I think we can win them tomorrow.
他们死定了
They are over.
第三名 肯尼亚
And third place, Kenya.
第二名 苏丹
Second place, Sudan.
第一名 乌干达
And first place, Uganda!
太棒了
Yes!
我们赢了
We won! Yes!
孩子们 你们赢了一场国际大赛
My Pioneers, you have won an international tournament!
乌干达 愿上帝保佑你
Uganda, may God uphold Thee
我们将未来寄托于你
We lay our future in thy hand
我们之前都是在村庄里吃米饭和豆子
We used to eat rice and beans in the village.
看看我们现在吃得多丰盛 美味啊
Look at what we’re eating now. Mmm, mmm!
番茄酱真是世界上最伟大的发明
Ketchup is the greatest thing that has ever been invented.
我希望有一条流着番茄酱的小溪
I want a lake filled with ketchup.
哈 伊万 你真搞笑
Ha! Ivan, you are funny.
番茄酱 -干杯
Ketchup. Yes. -Cheers.
干杯 -干杯
Cheers. -Cheers.
谢天谢地
Thank God!
谢天谢地
Thank God!
那里有饭吃吗
They fed you?
当然 妈妈
Yes, Mama.
啊 看来你又赢了
Ah, I see you got another.

Oh…
真希望这些奖杯也能吃
I wish we could eat these prizes.
快进来
You come.
发生什么事了
What has happened?
西奥玩腻了
Theo got tired of her.
她会没事的 你先进去坐下
She’ll be fine. You come and sit.
布莱恩
Brian.
菲欧娜 -理查
Phiona. -Richard.
坐飞机是什么感觉
How does it feel to be in a plane?
还不错
It is fine.
在飞机上要怎么尿尿
How do you pee in a plane?
飞机上有专门的房♥间
They have rooms inside the plane
里面有厕所
with toilets in them.
让她休息一下吧
You let her rest.
她旅行一趟很累了
She’s tired from her journey.
我猜苏丹的食物 一定没有妈妈
I’m sure that Sudan does not have food
做的肉和马托基这么香甜吧
as sweet as your mother’s meat and matoke.
欢迎回家 乌干达的西洋棋小姐
Welcome home, Miss Uganda of chess.
你把冠军奖杯赢回家了
You are bringing with you the grand trophy.
告诉大家你是怎么做到的
Tell us how you did it.
西洋棋是一种战斗的游戏
Chess is a game of fighting.
班杰明 伊万 还有我 我们来自卡推
Benjamin, Ivan, and me, we are from Katwe.
我们都是战士
We are fighters.
接下来还有很多的锦标赛
With more tournaments around the corner,
相信在不久的将来我们很快
I’m sure we’ll be hearing
又能听到来自这几个卡推战士的捷报
from these Katwe fighters very soon.
但是现在 先让我们好好庆祝一下最近的冠军吧
But for now, we celebrate this latest triumph.
菲欧娜
Phiona!
每次你带回家一个 这样金光闪闪的奖杯
Every time you bring home one of those shiny trophies…
我都给你做一个新发型
I’ll give you a new hairstyle.
你说过你的训练
You said your project
能让菲欧娜的品格更完善
would make Phiona’s character stronger.
但自从你带她去过苏丹后
Since you took her to this Sudan,
很多事情她都不愿意做了
she refuses to do many of her tasks.
快醒醒 菲欧娜 -不要
Wake up, Phiona. -Mmm-mmm.
该洗木薯了
Time to wash the cassava.
叫一个冠军来洗木薯
It is improper for the tournament winner
是不是太大材小用了
to wash cassava.
那应该叫谁洗
Who should wash them then?
我们这些没有赢得比赛的人
Those of us who are not tournament winners?
我们就是专门洗木薯的 是吗
We’re the cassava washers? Is that it?
我是她母亲 她应该听我的话
I am her mother. And she should do as I say.
她坚信你的比赛能解决她生活中的一切困难
She believes your game will solve every problem of her life.
为什么不好好洗洗你的脚 女士
Why not then let us wash your feet, madam?
我小时候
When I was a girl…
我听说过一个故事
I was told stories
一个在河边的小村庄 里面有取之不尽的玉米
of a village by the lake that never runs short of maize.
给我回来
Come back here!
那里没有争斗
Where there is no fighting.
我从没找到过那个地方 卡滕德先生
I never found that place, Mr. Katende.
你的孩子值得更好的生活
Your children deserve better.
值得充裕的食物
Enough food to eat.
和一个安全的家
A roof over their heads. Safety.
你带我的孩子体验过天堂 这是没错
You have shown my children a paradise, yes.
但现在他们对现在的生活感到厌倦
But now they feel out of place where they are.
那个埃及的女孩飞去俄♥罗♥斯♥ 见她教练去了
That girl from Egypt flies to Russia to see her coach.
她还有自己的电脑 可以在上面练棋
She has her own computer to practice with.
她还有小点心 有漂亮的衣服
She has biscuits. She has clothings.
这些问题为什么突然困扰起你来了
Why does this suddenly bother you now?
因为我赢了她
Because I won that girl.
教练 我赢了她
Coach, I won her!
他们再也回不去以前的生活了
They will not be able to return to their old lives
因为他们尝到了甜头
because they have tasted yours.
这也不是 那也不是 就像幽灵一样
Not here, not there. Like ghosts…
躁郁不安
who cannot rest.
如果这真的发生了 卡滕德先生
If that happens, Mr. Katende…
我一定会找你负责
I will hold you responsible.
你又在想什么东西 罗伯特
You’re wearing your determined face, Robert.
菲欧娜是一个奇才
Phiona has the talent of a prodigy.
但我 没有足够的经验
And me, I do not have the experience
好好训练她
to properly train her.