没人接
No answer.
她肯定是购物去了
She must be out shopping.
天理不容
God forbid.
为什么这么说
Why do you say that?
没什么 只是男人们常说的一句话
No reason. It’s just something men say
当他们谈到老婆的时候
when they talk about their wives.
一位丈夫说
One guy says,
“她肯定是购物去了”
“she must be out shopping.”
其他男人就会说”天理不容”
The other guy says, “god forbid.”
是个笑话
It’s a joke.

Oh.
所以 你感觉怎么样 鲍勃
So, what do you make of all of this, bob?
您说什么
What do you mean?
刚入行感觉如何
How’s it feel to be out on the road?
我能感觉到很快就会累人了
I can see where it can be tiring.
是啊 还有很多要做的
Yeah. There’s a lot to this job.
你也不知道要做什么
You’d never know it,
但就是有很多
but there’s a lot to it.
看起来你干这行有些时日了
You seem to have been at this a long time.
实话跟你说吧 鲍勃
To tell you the truth, bob,
我感觉我的整个人生
I feel like I’ve been shaking somebody’s hand…
都在跟别人各种握手中度过
one way or another… my entire life.
你很擅长销♥售♥
Well, you’re very good at it.
谢谢夸奖 鲍勃
Well, thank you, bob.
我是说 你很会判断别人 我听人说的
I mean, judging from what I hear.
你不用那么委婉
Don’t qualify it, bob.
几点了
What time you got?
4:45
Quarter to 5:00.
嗯 不知道莱利到了没有
Hmm. I wonder if larry got in.
你不戴手表吗
Don’t you carry a watch?
因为到处都有时钟 鲍勃
The world is full of clocks, bob…
满世界都是时钟和镜子
clocks and mirrors.
这其实是个阴谋
It’s a damn conspiracy.
不过这个阴谋对我已经没用了
Not that it matters to me anymore.
我是说 我所有的机遇很久以前就把握过了
I mean, all my chances have come and gone a long time ago.
为什么这么说
Why do you say that?
我可不是在抱怨
Oh, I’m not complaining.
每个人总会在某处攀上人生顶峰
Everybody peaks somewhere.
人们总能找到最合适自己的位置
People find their niche.
这又不是什么惭愧的事
It’s nothing to be ashamed of.
如果你不介意我问的话
How old are you?
您今年贵庚
If you don’t mind me asking.
52了
I’m 52.
您的秘书说您看上去非常尊贵
Your secretary said you looked distinguished.
是吗
She did?
她说从面相就能看出您有着怎样的个性
She said your face had character.
我不想以最坏的恶意来揣测人心
I will give her the benefit of the doubt
我宁愿相信
and assume that she meant that
她是在夸我
in a favorable vein.
有时候我在想 等我到你这样的年纪
Sometimes I wonder what I’ll look like
我会变成什么样
when I get to be your age.
你这样说让我好心碎啊 鲍勃
You’re tearing my heart out, bob.
不 我没有别的意思
Oh, no. That’s not what I meant.
没关系
That’s Ok.
我听好多六十多岁的人说他们现在的生活非常好
I’ve heard tell of people living well into their sixties.
我也希望是真的
I only hope it’s true.
我的意思是 我在想
All I mean is that I wonder
一个人的个性是从何而来的
how a person attains character…
到底是你生来就有
whether it’s something that you’re born with
随着时间推移慢慢显现的
that kind of reveals itself over time or…
还是你必须要有所经历方能得到的
Whether you have to go through certain things.
我从来没想过这些
I never think about it.
就我所知
I mean, for all I know,
我能有一张能变换各种个性的脸
I could have a face full of character
我甚至自己都没发觉
and not even know it.
你觉得呢
You think?

Ahh.
这是把双刃剑 鲍勃
It’s a 2-edged sword, bob.
你在这家公♥司♥待多久了
So, how long you been with the company?
半年了
6 months.
一毕业就进来了吗
Straight out of school?
是啊
Yeah.
给你一句话忠告
Well, a word of advice…
想好自己什么时候走人
it’s never too early to start thinking about
这个问题永远不迟
where you want to end up.
这个问题不简单
It’s a lot to think about.
是啊
Yes, it is.
不知不觉你会发现 很快就会有人给你端来了生日蛋糕
Pretty soon, somebody’s going to be handing you a cake
庆祝你的四十岁生日
with 40 candles on it.
或者五十岁
Or maybe 50.
然后一堆人从柜子里跳出来
A bunch of people are going to jump out of a closet
对你大喊”惊喜”
and yell, “surprise!”
搞的像种事情对我来说
Like it’s something you haven’t been thinking about
真的是个惊喜一样
every waking moment.
你在看什么杂♥志♥
What’s that you’re reading?
《阁楼》(色情杂♥志♥)
Penthouse.

Oh.
我看完了你要看吗
You want to borrow it when I’m done?
不用了 谢谢
No, thanks.
你真的不看吗
You don’t want it?
不 我不看那种杂♥志♥
No. I don’t read magazines like that.
好吧
Oh.
你是不是主张
Are you one of those that believe
色情杂♥志♥不该被出版的那种人
that magazines like this shouldn’t be published?
我是主张不该去买♥♥色情杂♥志♥
I’m one of those who believe
的那类人
they shouldn’t be purchased.
真聪明的回答
That was a very clever answer, bob.
我只是说出了我的想法
I just said what I thought.
我就是这个意思 你不加思索直接行动
That’s what I mean. You did it without thinking,
这个优点能够让你在销♥售♥行业里大展拳脚
which leads me to believe you could have a career in marketing.
给您
Here.
你看这种杂♥志♥
What’s your wife say
你老婆不说你吗
about you reading magazines like that?
她才不关心这个
It’s not my wife’s concern.
不关心吗
It’s not?

No.
我们离婚了
We’re divorced.
介意我问问离婚的原因吗
Mind if I ask you what the problem was?
你试一下你就知道了
Maybe you’d better try your wife again, bob.
当然
Sure.
我有想象过离婚时的情景
I just have a real hard time imagining
太痛苦了
what it must be like to get a divorce.
很短的几分钟你能暂时忘掉
The picture becomes perfectly clear
但紧接着那些画面就又出现了
after a very short period of time.
千真万确
Believe me, bob.
借过
Oh. Excuse me.
您好吗
How you doing?
很好 你呢
Pretty good. How about yourself?
非常好 您是几楼
Can’t complain. What floor?
你这桌菜送到几楼我就去几楼
That depends on where you’re headed with all this food.
15楼
15.
酒店套房♥
Hospitality suite?
是的
Yeah.
我也是 16楼
Hmm. Me, too… on 16.
是吗
Oh. Yeah.
就这样吗
This is it?
嗨 莱利
Hi, larry.
就他妈的这样吗
This is fucking it?
“就这样”是什么意思
What do you mean, “this is fucking it?”
很明显就是这样 你还想怎样
Of course it’s it. What did you expect?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!