Home 传记电影 路易斯·韦恩的激情人生(2021)

路易斯·韦恩的激情人生(2021)

0
路易斯·韦恩的激情人生(2021)

是的,我没有忘记你的鸡蛋。
Yes, I haven’t forgotten about your eggs.
谢谢你!
Thank you.
1♥8♥9♥1年《伦敦新闻画报》路易斯·韦恩特辑!
1♥8♥9♥1 Louis Wain special in the Illustrated London News!
快来拿!伦敦新闻画报!
Come and get it! Illustrated London News!
在接下来的几年里,路易斯用大量的猫画来掩盖他的悲伤之痛。
In the years following, Louis buried the pain of his grief under a quite extraordinary quantity of cat pictures.
几乎在没有意识到的情况下,他已经取得了惊人的成功,完全改变了公众对这只谦逊的猫的态度。
Almost without realising, he had achieved an alarming degree of success and completely altered the public’s attitude towards the humble cat.
看!他在那儿! Louis Wain!
Look! There he is! Louis Wain!
你的猫帮你赢得了很多粉丝,韦恩。
Your cats have won you many fans, Wain.
祝贺你。
Congratulations.
他说谢谢,但雪利酒要少喝。
He says thank you, but go easy on the sherry.
你不介意我为别人工作吧?
You don’t mind if I work for other people, do you?
这张脸让你一举成名,我的孩子。
That’s the cheek that’s catapulted you to fame, my boy.
国家猫咪俱乐部的朱迪斯·珊顿小姐给我们发了封电报。
Oh, we’ve had a telegram from Miss Judith Shenton of the National Cat Club.
他们在举办一场猫的比赛,想让你当评委。
They’re having a kind of cat competition and would like you to judge it.
能遇到志同道合的人真是太好了,韦恩先生。
It’s so wonderful to meet a kindred spirit, Mr Wain.
我听说现在连贵族都养猫当宠物。
I’ve heard even gentry are keeping cats as pets now.
嗯。-而且还很帅。
-Hmm. -And so handsome too.
我只是对你的知识水平感到惊讶,真的。
I’m just astonished at your level of knowledge, I really am.
尽管我必须承认,我不完全理解你关于猫更喜欢面朝北的理论。
Although I must admit, I don’t fully understand your theory about cats preferring to face north.
你会注意到,猫总是喜欢面朝北走,尤其是沿着墙走。
Cats will always prefer to face and walk north, especially along a wall, you will notice.
它们的胡须就像天线一样,被地球的正极吸引。
Their whiskers act as antennae, attracted to the positive poles of the earth.
虎斑的斑纹是由它们的猫科遗传的电流决定的。
The tabby’s markings are defined by the electricity of their feline heritage.
这种特殊的动物可能有一个被闪电击中的曾祖母,所以锯齿状的痕迹很明显。
This particular animal might have had a great-grandmother that was struck by lightning, so defined are the markings by the jaggedy lines.
迷人。电。从头开始
-Fascinating. -Electricity. From the head.
从身体一直到尾巴。
Right down the body to the tail.
猫是极好的导体。
Cats are excellent conductors of electricity.
随着它们变得更加驯养和聪明,它们的特征已经发生了变化。
Their features are already changing as they become more domesticated and intelligent.
它们的眼睛会变大,脑袋也会随着大脑的增大而变大。
Their eyes will become larger, their heads bigger as their brains grow in size.
它们会变成蓝色。
They will turn blue.
最终,它们会用自己的后腿站起来,用我们的语言与我们交流。
Eventually, they will stand on their own hind legs and communicate to us in our own language.
天啊。我不知道事情这么复杂。
Gosh. I’d no idea it was so complicated.
你是说它们会变成蓝色吗?
Did you say that they would turn blue?
-是的。当然可以。-哇。
-Yes. Of course. -Wow.
韦恩先生,多亏了你,我们养猫的人走出了阴影终于可以和我们的猫孩子一起在户外庆祝了。
Well, Mr Wain, thanks to you, us cat people are out of the shadows and finally able to celebrate in the open with our feline children.
我想谢谢你。
I’d like to thank you.
哦,对不起。
Oh, sorry.
是的,手臂伸进来。
Yep. Arm in.
国家猫咪俱乐部的新主席。
The new president of the National Cat Club.
上面是这么写的吗?
Is that what it says?
伦敦德特福德国家猫咪俱乐部
NATIONAL CAT CLUB DEPTFORD LONDON
我以为你把钱都花在了无聊的奢侈品上。
I assumed you’d been spending it all on frivolous luxuries.
因为你忘了你的家人。
’Cause you’ve forgotten about your family.
然而你们却生活在肮脏和混乱之中!
Yet here you are living in squalor and chaos!
不要喊,卡洛琳!-我没有叫喊,克莱尔!
-Don’t shout, Caroline! -I am not shouting, Claire!
我用暴♥力♥向他解释。
I’m explaining to him with force.
现在有一具尸体。它正在吃一只鹰。
There’s a cadaver now. It’s eating a hawk.
它们都到哪里去了?
Where has it all gone?
我们负债累累。
We’re in huge amounts of debt.
这真的开始影响母亲的健康了。
It’s really starting to affect Mother’s health.
-它们都到哪里去了?-我没有版权。
-Where has it all gone? -I didn’t copyright the images.
哦,我的上帝。
Oh, my God.
-天啊,请帮帮我们。-那是什么意思?
-Oh, my God, help us, please. -What does that mean?
这意味着全国各地的人都在转载他的照片而他一分钱都没见过。
It means people have been reprinting his pictures all over the country and he hasn’t seen a penny.
这就解释了为什么他活得像猪一样。
Which explains why he is living rather like a pig.
这恶臭令人难以忍♥受。
The stench is quite unbearable.
有些原件我已经换成了钱。
Some of the originals I have exchanged in place of money.
所以,事实上,它们本身已经成为了一种货币。
So, in fact, they’ve become a sort of currency in themselves.
我给了理发师一把跳舞的猫,现在我这辈子都可以免费理发了。
I gave the barber, well, a handful of dancing cats, and now I have free haircuts for the rest of my life.
你不是孩子了,路易!
You’re not a child, Louis!
你是男人。
You’re the man.
你是一个人。
You’re a man.
我们的父母为了我们的名声而努力工作。
Our parents worked hard for our reputation.
他们努力工作为孩子们积累财富,而你却把钱浪费在可怜的猫身上!
They worked hard to build a fortune for their children, and you have squandered it on wretched cats!
和一段故意的,注定的,被玷污的浪漫。
And on a wilful, doomed, tainted romance.
你用你的自私毁了我们的家庭你继续用你幼稚的妄想让我们都陷入贫困。
You’ve destroyed our family with your selfishness and you continue with your childish delusions which conspire to keep us all in penury.
你对我们的侮辱,路易。
The indignity that we’ve suffered at your hands, Louis.
-我不是故意的。-你不是故意的?
-I didn’t do it on purpose. -You didn’t do what on purpose?
你不是故意结婚的?
You didn’t get married on purpose?
没人告诉我需要为这些图片申请版权。
No one told me I needed to copyright the images.
威廉爵士呢?他应该给你出主意的。
What about Sir William? He should have advised you.
我有段时间没见到威廉爵士了。
I haven’t seen Sir William for some time now.
-我在为别人工作。-我们没有钱,路易
-I am working for other people. -We don’t have any money, Louis.
可怜的玛丽……
And poor Marie…
什么?
What?
什么?
What?
只是告诉他。
Just tell him.
发生了什么?
What has happened?
他们恨我,路易。
They hate me, Louis.
他们策划。他们要杀了我。
They’re plotting. They’re going to murder me.
-我们不会杀你的。骗子!
-We’re not going to murder you. -Liar!
他们要把我赶出去,因为我有亲戚。
They’re going to throw me out because I had relations.
我在墓地里有亲戚。
I had relations in the graveyard.
我们都笑了。
And we laughed.
他们只是嫉妒我看到了天堂。
They’re just jealous because I saw heaven.
所以我得了麻风病作为惩罚。
And that’s why I’ve got the leprosy as punishment.
他们都是女性。
They’re all spinsters.
他们说这是你的错。因为理查森小姐。
They say it’s your fault. Because of Miss Richardson.
但那是因为他们丑陋,他们撒谎,阴谋诡计。
But it’s because they’re ugly and they lie and plot and scheme.
玛丽,你为什么不来和我一起住呢?
Marie, why don’t you come and stay with me?
-你可以和猫一起玩。-不,不,不,不是猫。
-And you can play with the cats. -No, no, no, no, not cats.
它们有毒,还会生病。
They’re poisonous and they’ve got diseases.
而且我已经得了麻风病。
And I’ve already got leprosy.
把它从我身上拿开,路易!把它拿开!
Get it off me, Louis! Get it off me!
把它拿开!把它拿开!
Get it off me! Get it off me!
不会有事的。我们都在你身边。
It’s going to be okay. We’re all here for you.
在当地医生初步诊断玛丽患有精神分♥裂♥症后,韦恩一家为可怜的玛丽做了他们所能做的一切。
After a local doctor’s tentative diagnosis of schizophrenia, the Wain family had done everything they could for poor Marie.
但是路易斯不知所措,所以他去找一位老朋友寻求建议。
But Louis was at a loss, and so he went to an old friend for advice.
伦敦新闻画报我在海滨韦斯特盖特村有一系列房♥产。
THE ILLUSTRATED LONDON NEWS I have a series of properties in the village of Westgate-on-Sea.
它们非常适合居住,你想住多久都可以,但有一个条件。
They’re quite habitable and you’re welcome to stay there for as long as you like, at a reduced rate, on one condition.
-带上你的家人。…我不可能,威廉爵士。
-You take your family with you. -I… I couldn’t possibly, Sir William.
尤其是在我这么无情地不忠之后。
Especially after I’ve been so callously unloyal.
我的书里有很多插图画家,韦恩先生。
I have plenty of illustrators on my books, Mr Wain.
——不要再自作多情。-那么,为什么呢,威廉爵士?
-Don’t flatter yourself. -Why, then, Sir William?
因为尽管你性情古怪,有小毛病,但在这个偶尔阴冷的世界里,你表现出了我欣赏的韧性。
Because in spite of your rather irregular temperament and nigglingly peculiar foibles, in this occasionally bleak world, you have shown a resilience that I admire.
如果你一定要知道,你的照片给我带来了不少欢乐。
And if you must know, you’ve brought me rather a lot of cheer with your pictures.
猫?
Of cats?
嗯。
Mmm.
但它们不仅仅是猫,对吧?
But they’re not just cats, are they?
你是个勇敢的人,路易,但你一个人做不到这一切。
You are a brave soul, Louis, but you can’t do all this on your own.
听起来玛丽需要换个环境。
It sounds to me like Marie needs a change of scenery.
干净的衣服,适当的食物,轻快的散步。
Fresh clothes, proper food, brisk walks.
-谢谢。就在那里。-是的,先生。
-Thank you. Just in there. -Yes, sir.
——路易!——你好!你好!你好!
– Louis! – Hello! Hello! Hello!
——太棒了,路易。-欢迎来到本迪戈小屋。
-It’s wonderful, Louis. -Welcome to Bendigo Lodge.
本迪戈小屋
BENDIGO LODGE
卡洛琳,欢迎你。
Caroline, welcome.
路易斯,这是可爱的。
Louis, it’s lovely.
欢迎来到本迪戈小屋,妈妈。
Welcome to Bendigo Lodge, Mother.
——本迪戈哦。——本迪戈。
– Ooh, Bendigo. – Bendigo.
它是完美的。
It’s perfect.
主啊,为这些,你的礼物,我们即将从你的恩惠中得到的…做得好,彼得。你教他们怎么吃。
Bless us, oh, Lord, for these, thy gifts, which we are about to receive from thy bounty… Well done, Peter. You show them how to eat.
非常有礼貌。妮娜,试着慢一点。
Very good manners. Nina, try and slow down a little bit.
你这么小,这么快就吃那么多。
You’re terribly tiny to be eating that much so quickly.
把你的盘子递给我。
Pass me your plate.
Felicie板。
Felicie, plate.
就是这样。做得很好。
That’s it. Well done.
我们明天可以去散步,穿上漂亮的衣服,对着男人微笑。
We could go and walk tomorrow, wear our nice clothes and smile at men.
-他们会逃跑的。——逃跑?
– They’ll run away. – Run away?
我不想逃跑。我们刚到这里。
I don’t want to run away. We just got here.
那我们在找什么?
So what are we looking for, then?