Home 传记电影 路易斯·韦恩的激情人生(2021)

路易斯·韦恩的激情人生(2021)

0
路易斯·韦恩的激情人生(2021)

如果没有改变,我们就是一个没有未来的堕落物种,一个唯一的本能就是毁灭的动物!
Without change, we are a fallen species with no future, an animal whose only instinct is to destroy!
亲爱的路易斯。
Dear Louis.
在与流感进行了长♥期♥英勇的斗争后,我们的母亲于今天上午11点36分去世了。
After a long and valiant struggle with the influenza, our mother passed away at 11:36 this morning.
即使在弥留之际,她仍按自己的节奏生活,给我们讲父亲和他们在伦敦相爱时的故事,让我们乐在其中。
Even in her dying weeks, she lived at her own rhythm, and regaled us with stories about our father and their time together as young lovers in London.
她说她非常想念你,但也明白你去旅行是为了家里好。
She spoke of how dearly she had missed you but understood that you had gone on your trip for the good of the family.
我没有告诉她我们财务状况的真♥相♥。
I hadn’t shared with her the truth about our finances.
但是,路易,我现在给你写信是因为我想让你回家。
But, Louis, I’m writing to you now because I want you to come home.
我知道我们有分歧,但我们都老了。
I know we’ve had our differences, but we’re getting old.
你已经离我太远太久了。
And you’ve been too far away for too long.
猫叫。哈,哈,哈。
Meow. Ha, ha, ha.
卡罗琳,你妹妹。
Your sister, Caroline.
这很有趣。这很有趣。
It’s funny. It’s funny.
喂?
Hello?
让我出去!
Let me out!
这不安全!
It’s not safe!
救命!……我们在下沉!
Help! We’re… We’re sinking! We’re sinking!
请帮助我!
Help me, please!
请帮帮我!帮帮我!帮帮我!
Please, help me! Help me! Help me!
拜托!拜托!
Please! Please!
妈妈!爸爸!
Mummy! Daddy!
帮帮我!帮帮我!帮帮我!
Help me! Help me! Help me!
帮帮我!
Help me!
记住……
Just remember…
记住……妈妈!
Just remember… Mummy!
爸爸!
Daddy!
帮帮我!拜托!
Help me! Please!
我溺水了!
I’m drowning!
如果你希望韦恩的命运会在这里发生改变,那是情有可原的。
You would be excused for hoping that this is where Mr Wain’s fortunes would change.
但是,不幸的是,在他母亲去世几年后,可怜的玛丽也患上了可怕的流感。
But, alas, a few years after the death of his mother, poor Marie was also taken by the dreaded influenza.
而他的朋友和导师,慷慨的威廉·英格拉姆爵士,那颗咯吱咯吱的心,最终屈服于痛风。
While the creaking heart of his friend and mentor, the generous Sir William Ingram, finally gave in to his gout.
不幸的是,路易继续表现出缺乏理财头脑,而这个家庭在债务的流沙中越陷越深。
Louis had continued to display a woeful lack of financial acumen, and the family sank ever deeper in the quicksand of their debts.
然后,有一天,当他试图从一辆移♥动♥的公共汽车上下来时,他头朝下陷入了严重的昏迷,并看到了1999年的景象。

And then, when attempting one day to dismount from a moving omnibus, he fell head first into a profound coma and saw a vision of the year 1999.
令所有人惊讶的是,他的幸运的未来派猫获得了巨大的成功,订单遍布整个欧洲。
To everyone’s surprise, his lucky futurist cats were a great success and orders were made all across Europe.
但与此同时,全球各地的负电上升到一个关键水平,军事紧张局势迅速升级为战争状态。
But, at the same time, negative electricity around the globe had risen to a critical level and military tensions blistered into a state of war.
他不知疲倦地工作了几个月,但几乎所有的货物都在北海被一艘德国潜艇摧毁了。
He had worked tirelessly for several months, but almost all of his cargo was destroyed by a German U-boat in the North Sea.
许多英国货船被德国潜艇击沉,导致价值数千英镑的货物沉入北海海底。
A number of British cargo ships have been sunk by German submarines, leaving thousands of pounds – THE DAILY MIRROR – worth of merchandise to rest at the bottom of the North Sea.
初步报告表明这些船只是在交火中被击中的。
Initial reports imply that these vessels were caught in a crossfire…
路易?
Louis?
卡洛琳想见你
Caroline would like to see you.
路易斯,坐下。
Louis, sit down.
我想让你知道…
I want you to know that…
我想让你知道,我为你感到骄傲。
I want you to know that I’m very proud of you.
嘘。嘘。
Shh. Shh.
够了!路易斯,够了!
Enough! Louis, enough!
路易!
Louis!
别说了,路易,求你了!冷静下来!
Stop it, Louis, please! Calm down!
路易!路易!路易!停止它!
Louis! Louis! Louis! Stop it!
猫被当作神秘的神来崇拜,也被诬蔑为巫术和罪恶的邪恶盟友。
Cats have been worshipped as mystical gods and maligned as the evil allies of witchery and sin.
但我想你是第一个发现它们其实很荒谬的人。
But I think you’re the first person ever to see that they are in fact ridiculous.
它们又傻又可爱。
They’re silly and cuddly.
和孤独。
And lonely.
害怕,勇敢。
Frightened and brave.
像我们这样的。
Like us.
你那可笑的小脑袋里到底在想什么?
What’s going on in that funny little head of yours?
好多了。
Much better.
你让世界变得美丽。
You make the world beautiful.
和温暖的。,更亲切。
And warm. And kind.
我只是想谢谢你,趁现在还来得及。
I just wanted to say thank you for that before it’s too late.
不是我让世界变得美好的,路易。
I don’t make the world beautiful, Louis.
世界是美丽的。
The world is beautiful.
你也让我明白了这一点。
And you’ve helped me to see that too.
我带你去贫民区。
I’ll take you to what we call the paupers’ ward.
,嗯…原因很明显。
For, um… Well, for obvious reasons.
我向你保证,病人会得到非常专业的治疗。
I assure you, the patients are taken care of in a perfectly professional manner.
我希望你能向你志愿参加的委员会汇报情况。
1925 I hope you will report favourably back to the committee you volunteer for?
我是来评估你病人的健康状况的,库克医生,还有你医院的运营情况。
I’m here to assess the welfare of your patients, Dr Cooke, and the running of your hospital.
不仅仅代表我的委员会成员,也代表政♥府♥。
Not just on behalf of my fellow committee members but on behalf of the government.
所以我会根据我的发现向你汇报。——实际上。
So I shall report back -according to what I find. -Indeed.
在斯普林菲尔德的平均停留时间是多少?
What is the average length of stay here at Springfield?
你在培养病人方面成功了吗?
Have you had much success with turning patients out?
我们已经取得了一些成功。
We have had some successes.
但这部分取决于病人的合作意愿。
But it depends partly on the patient’s willingness to cooperate.
你可以想象,赖德先生,这因人而异。
And as you can imagine, Mr Rider, that varies widely from person to person.
路易斯·韦恩。
Louis Wain.
是的。这位是路易斯·韦恩先生。
Yes. This is Mr Louis Wain.
你可能还记得多年前他拍的那些相当迷人的猫照片。
You might remember his rather charming cat pictures from all those years ago.
你好吗,韦恩先生?
How are you, Mr Wain?
这是,呃…是我。
It’s, uh… It’s me.
丹骑手。我们是在从安多弗回来的火车上认识的。
Dan Rider. We met on the train back from Andover.
我带着我姐姐的博美犬。
I had my… my sister’s Pomeranian with me.
克利奥帕特拉。
Cleopatra.
克利奥帕特拉?
Cleopatra?
是的。
Yes.
我不知道你是这里的病人,韦恩先生。
I’d no idea you were a patient here, Mr Wain.
恐怕他是疯了。
He is, I’m afraid, quite insane.
但我们会尽力照顾他的。
Uh, but we do our best to look after him.
很难过,不是吗,赖德先生?
Very sad, isn’t it, Mr Rider?
他似乎完全失去了他的手艺。
He seems almost entirely to have lost a handle on his craft.
你喜欢这里吗,韦恩先生?
Do you like it here, Mr Wain?
没有猫。
There are no cats.
我看不见外面。
I cannot see… outside.
哦。这对像你这样的人来说一定很不容易吧,韦恩先生,你一生都在审视这个世界,却突然不见了。
Oh. That must be rather difficult for someone like you, Mr Wain, who’s spent his entire life examining the world, suddenly not to see it.
我已经失败了。
I have failed.
我已经……
I’ve…
我辜负了她,赖德先生。
I have failed her, Mr Rider.
从你所说的来看,我不认为你失败了,韦恩先生。
I don’t think you have failed, Mr Wain… from what you have been saying.
你觉得艾米丽为什么想让你继续画画,韦恩先生?
Why do you think Emily wanted you to keep painting pictures, Mr Wain?
帮助人们。
To help people.
向他们展示。
To show them.
也许。
Perhaps.
毫无疑问,你已经做到了。
And there’s no doubt that you’ve done that.
但我有一个完全不同的理论。
But I have a rather different theory.
我觉得她想让你继续画画
I think she wanted you to keep painting
这样你就不会孤单了。
so you would not be alone.
当你画画的时候,韦恩先生,你和其他人联♥系♥在一起你把自己的一部分给他们,但他们也和你联♥系♥在一起。
When you paint, Mr Wain, you connect with other people and you give them a piece of yourself, but… they are also connecting with you.
你描述的那种你在艾米丽面前感受到的电流,我称之为爱,韦恩先生。
And that electricity that you describe…that you felt in the presence of Emily, I’d call that love, Mr Wain.
它还在这里。
And that is still here.
在韦恩姐妹的帮助下,勇敢的赖德先生决定成立一个基金来支持路易斯,并筹集足够的资金将他转移到乡下一个舒适得多的医院,在那里他们允许病人养猫以获得安慰。
With the help of the Wain sisters, the plucky Mr Rider decided to start a fund in support of Louis and to raise enough money to move him to a much more comfortable hospital in the countryside,where they allowed their patients to keep cats for comfort.

全国各地的韦恩迷们都加入了他们的行列,甚至还得到了一些更有影响力的粉丝的帮助,比如著名作家HG Wells,他代表韦恩基金会向全国发出了呼吁。
They were joined by Wain enthusiasts up and down the country and even received the help of some more influential fans, like the renowned author HG Wells, who made a national plea on behalf of the Louis Wain fund.
艺术家路易斯·韦恩把这只猫变成了他自己的猫。
The artist Louis Wain made the cat his own.
他发明了一种猫的风格。
He invented a cat style.
一只猫的社会。
A cat society.
整个猫的世界。
A whole cat world.
那些长得和生活方式都不像路易斯·韦恩的猫的人是为自己感到羞耻的。
Cats that do not look and live like Louis Wain cats are ashamed of themselves.
但现在,在它的生命即将走到尽头之际,韦恩和他的姐♥妹♥们♥迫切地需要爱猫人士和世界各地思维正常的人们的慷慨帮助。

But now, as he approaches the end of his own life, Mr Wain and his sisters desperately require the most generous help of cat lovers and right-thinking people everywhere.
对LOUIS WAIN来说,电不仅仅是我们用来烤面包或给浴室里的灯泡供电的东西。
CONTRIBUTE TO THE LOUIS WAIN FUND For Louis Wain, electricity was not just something that we use to make toast or to power a bulb in the bathroom.
这是一种更大的东西,一种如此非凡和奇怪的东西,以至于人类的大脑几乎无法理解它。
It was something bigger, something so extraordinary and strange that the human mind was barely able even to comprehend it.
一种神秘的元素力量,他偶尔能感觉到它在以太中闪烁,它是解开生命中最深奥、最惊心动魄秘密的钥匙。
A mysterious elemental force that on occasion, he could feel shimmering in the ether, and the key to all of life’s most profound and alarming secrets.

Look.