面 纱
(中国 1925年)
(伦敦 两年前)
你好 -你好
Hello. -Hello.
我 我在想
Say, I was wondering…
什么
What?
不好意思 我在想你是否愿意赏光陪我跳支舞
Sorry. I was wondering if you’d like to dance.
为什么不呢
Why not?
基蒂 昨晚和你跳舞的年轻男士是谁
Kitty, who was the young man you were dancing with last night?
哪一个
Which one?
看起来挺安静严肃的那个
Quiet, serious-looking one.
哦 他啊
Oh, him.
我猜是你叫他来的吧 母亲 -我不知道你们在说谁
I suppose you invited him, mother. -I don’t know who you’re talking about.
是我请他来的
I invited him.
他叫费恩 是个医学博士 他管一个英国政♥府♥实验室
His name is Fane and he’s a doctor. He manages a government laboratory…
在上海 -公务员
… in Shanghai. -A civil servant?
不管怎么说 他上周日来过
In any case. He called around last Sunday.
我们聊了好长时间 我让他随时可以过来坐坐
We had a long chat. I told him to come back anytime.
你很少能看得上我认识的小伙子
It’s not often that you like any of my young men.
那 你喜欢他吗
Well, do you like him?
不太喜欢 -他有什么不好吗
Not really. -What’s wrong with him?
他爱上你了吗 -我不知道
Is he in love with you? -I don’t know.
到了你这个年龄假如有人爱上你 你应该会知道
I thought by now you’d know when a young man was in love with you.
关键是我爱不爱他 而我不爱他
The point is whether I’m in love with him, and I’m not.
小姐 你还是小心点 你知道的 岁月不饶人
You’d better be careful, young lady. Time can run out, you know.
噢 打住 母亲 老实说
Oh, stop it, mother. Honestly.
不顾自己的感情 没有任何爱情就嫁人
The very idea that a woman should marry any Tom, Dick, or Harry…
这种想法简直太落伍了
… regardless of her own feelings is simply prehistoric.
你指望你父亲把你养到什么时候
How much longer do you expect your father to go on supporting you?
你好 -你好
Hello. -Hello. L…
我 我来是
I was… I was just coming…
你的父亲请我过来的
Your father invited me.
我正要出去
I’m going out.
我可以陪你去吗
May I join you?
很准时
Right on time.
你到底是做什么工作的
What is it exactly that you do?
我是个细菌学家
I’m a bacteriologist.
那一定很有意思
That must be fascinating.
你完全不了解那是什么 对吗
You have no idea what that is, do you?
是的 恐怕是这样
No, I’m afraid not.
当然你没有必要知道
No. There’s no reason you should.
我研究携带病菌的微生物
I study the microorganisms that carry disease.
挺吸引人的
Charming.
不 实际上不是的 其实刚好相反
No, it’s not, actually. It’s the opposite.
我们要进去吗
Shall we step inside?
你喜欢花
Do you like flowers?
不太喜欢 嗯 不
Not particularly, no.
我是喜欢的 可是 但我们家里很少有花
Well, I mean, yes. But we don’t really have them around the house.
母亲说 “何必去买♥♥些自己能种的东西 ”
Mother says, “Why purchase something you can grow for free?”
但其实我们也不种花
Then, we don’t really grow them either.
看来是有一点儿傻 耗费精力去照顾
Does seem silly, really. To put all that effort into…
那些终归要死去的东西
… something that’s just going to die.
我有话想跟你说
I’d like to say something to you.
我来是想问你是否愿意嫁给我
I came to see you to ask you if you’ll marry me.
你真是让我大吃一惊
You could knock me down with a feather.
你看不出来我爱上你了吗
Could you not tell that I’m in love with you?
你可从来没表示过
You never showed it.
噢 我
Oh, I…
我想要表示的 挺难的 我
Well, I wanted to. It’s difficult. I…
不过我现在表示了
But there it is.

Right.
你词汇上的选择不太理想
I’m not sure that’s very well put.
是不太好 我是多么的笨拙 我 这方面我是很不在行
No, it’s not. You see how clumsy I am. I… I’m terrible at these sorts of things.
但问题是 我很快就得回中国了
But the thing is, I’ve got to get back to China very soon.
我没时间小心谨慎了
I don’t have time to be cautious.
我从来没把你往那方面想过
I’ve never thought of you in that way.
但越了解我 你就会越喜欢我的 -肯定是这样
I improve greatly upon acquaintance. -I’m sure you do…
我会尽我所能让你快乐的
I’d do anything in my power to make you happy.
什么都行
Anything at all.
我想你会喜欢上海
I think you’d like Shanghai.
是个很热闹的地方
It’s quite exciting, it is.
有数不清的舞会
Lots of dancing.
不会现在就要我给你答复吧
Surely you’re not expecting me to answer this second.
我根本不了解你
I don’t know you at all.
是的 是 我们是有很高的期望
Yes. Ye… Well, we had the highest of hopes…
但没想到他会这么快向她求婚
… but no expectation that he’d ask her so soon.
是啊 在深秋举♥行♥的美丽婚礼
Yes. A lovely late autumn wedding.
哦 我的小女儿真是找了个好丈夫
Oh, she’s done very well for herself, has my Doris.
至少她们中的一个成功了
At least one of them’s made a success.
不 我对基蒂早就放弃希望了
No, I gave up on Kitty ages ago.

Yes.
对 嗯 我知道你明白
Yes. Well, I know you understand.

Yes.
怎样
Well?
比你想象的要小一点吧
Is it smaller than you imagined?
我什么也没想过
I’m not sure what I imagined.
你没有钢琴吗
Don’t you have a piano?
没有 我不会弹钢琴
No. I don’t play the piano.
是谁啊 -是我
Who is it? -It’s I.
请进
Come in.
我只想看看你是否安顿好了
Just wanted to see if you were all settled.
那么你觉得还舒适吗 还需要什么吗
So, then, you’re comfortable, then? Do you need anything?
不用了 我很好 谢谢
No. I’m fine. Thank you.
好的 好的
Good. Good.
你在这里我真高兴
I am so happy you’re here.
我应该把灯关了吗 -为什么
Shall I shut the lamp? -What for?
我要关灯了
I must shut the lamp.
雨下得真大呀
It’s raining cats and dogs.
我说 雨下得真大
I said, it’s raining cats and dogs.
嗯 我听见了
Yes, I heard you.
你起码应该答应一声 -对不起
You might have answered. -I’m sorry.
我是习惯了 除非有话要说
L… I’ve gotten used to not speaking unless I have something to say.
如果我们非等到有话时才说出来 不然不会开口
If nobody spoke unless they had something to say…
那人类很快会失去语言的功能
… the human race would soon lose the power of speech.
沃尔特
Walter.
对不起
I’m sorry.
你是对的
You’re right. What… ?
我们干点什么 我们
What shall we do? Shall we?
我们玩个游戏吧
Shall we play a game?
你觉得都很无聊 你不喜欢我玩的游戏
You don’t like the games I play. They bore you.
胡说 我们来打牌吧
Nonsense. Let’s play cards.
你看哪天晚上咱们出去玩玩好吗
Do you think you’d enjoy a night out?
有人邀请我们参加周六的舞会
We have an invitation for Saturday night.
谁邀请的 -汤森一家
From whom? -The Townsends.
多萝西·汤森
Dorothy Townsend.
你不喜欢她吗
Do you not like her?
我只跟她见过一次面 她不用这么自命不凡讲排场吧
I’ve only met her once, but there’s no reason for her to put on such airs.
她是这样的吗 -对呀 我也不知道为什么
Does she? -Yes. I have no idea why.
就因为她嫁了一个副领事
Because she was, what, married to a vice consul?
坦白说 这些住上海的英国人实在是太荒谬了
Honestly, they’re absurd, this Shanghai set.
我母亲肯定不屑与这类人吃饭
Mother wouldn’t dream of asking half of them to dinner.
我拿了你的黑桃五啦
I’m taking that black five.
嗯 那没关系 我想你会喜欢的
Well, it’s all right. I thought you might enjoy it…
不过我们也不是非去不可
… but we certainly don’t have to go.
我无所谓
I don’t care either way.
去哪里
Go where?
凯蒂·费恩 -你好 多萝西
Kitty Fane? -Hello, Dorothy.
你们能来我太高兴了 -这是沃尔特
I’m so glad you could come. -This is Walter.
见到你很高兴 -这是我的先生
I’m pleased to meet you. -This is my husband.
查理 过来和我们的客人打个招呼
Charlie, stop talking and greet our guests.
你已经认识费恩先生吧 -查理
You know Mr. Fane. -Charlie.
亲爱的 他是费恩博士 -噢 很抱歉

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
评分细分
音乐
8.3
画面
8.7
导演
7.9
故事
8.2
表演
8.6
前一篇文章短板(2023)
下一篇文章小狗之爱(2023)
帕布莉卡
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。
the-painted-veil面 纱 (中国 1925年) (伦敦 两年前) 你好 -你好 Hello. -He...