That’s right. The whole thing.
甚至连窗户插销和门把手也是我设计的
Right down to the window latches and the door handles.
好吧 希望没有你的书那么抽象
Well, I hope it’s more comprehensible than your book.
梅纳德(约翰·梅纳德·凯恩斯)?
Maynard?
梅纳德?- 马甲
‘Maynard?’ – Waistcoat!
啊 他的书太晦涩 篇幅太短
Ah. His book is obscure and too short.
不过写得不错 我的序言让它得以出版
But good. My introduction got it published.
确实 伯蒂 但我还是觉得应该让他回到剑桥
Yes, of course, Bertie, but I still think we should get him back to Cambridge.
梅纳德 我们要迟到了
Maynard, we’re going to be late.
那好 梅纳德 你得搞定他的助学金
Well, Maynard, you’re going to have to sort out his grants.
一瞬间的失忆 他把全部财产都给了兄弟姐妹
In a moment of amnesia, he gave away all his money to his brothers and sisters.
据说是一笔巨款
An absolute fortune, I’m told.
如果我能解决世界经济问题
If I can sort out the economies of the world,
我应该就能解决维特根斯坦的助学金
I ought to be able to sort out a stipend for Wittgenstein.
也就是说 如果剑桥仍会接受他
That is, if Cambridge will still have him.
哦 我确定他们会接受他的
Oh, I’m sure they’ll have him.
不论我们怎么想 他的《逻辑哲学论》风靡一时
His Tractatus is all the rage, whatever we may think of it.
那好 交给我吧 我知道怎么把他弄回来
Well, leave it to me, I know how to get him back.
呃 梅纳德 稍等
Oh, er, Maynard, hold on a moment, I just…
约翰尼 你想去维也纳转转吗
Johnny, do you feel like a trip to Vienna?
维也纳?
Vienna?
维特根斯坦博士
Dr. Wittgenstein.
维特根斯坦博士
Dr. Wittgenstein.
我是来接你回家的
I’ve come to take you home.
回家?
Home?
什么家? – 剑桥
Where’s that? – Cambridge.
剑桥
Cambridge…
放过我吧
God help me.
我带来了凯恩斯先生和罗素先生的信
I have letters from Mr. Keynes and Mr. Russell.
我应该先介绍一下自己 我叫约翰尼
I should introduce myself. Johnny.
罗素先生让我告诉您
Mr. Russell asked me to tell you
您是当代最伟大的哲学家
that you’re the greatest philosopher of our time.

Well…
约翰尼 你是哲学家吗
Tell me, Johnny… are you a philosopher?
是的
Yes.
你幸福吗
Are you happy?
你知道吗 你真的应该放弃了
You know, you really should give it up.
趁现在还来得及
Get out while you still can.
莉迪亚(莉迪亚·洛普科娃) – 梅纳德
Lydia! – Ah, Maynard.
上帝到了 他乘坐5点15分的火车
God has arrived. He was on the 5:15 train.
你确定带他来这里是个好主意吗 梅纳德
Are you sure it’s a good idea bringing him here, Maynard?
我听说他是个很难相处的怪人
I’ve heard he’s difficult and peculiar.
哲学家不需要社交
A philosopher is a citizen of no community.
他和布鲁姆斯伯里的朋友处得来吗
Does he make fit with Bloomsbury friends?
他看起来很粗暴 很日耳曼风格
He seems so heavy-handed und Germanic.
没问题的
Yes, he is.
为什么你们都对他这么感兴趣 – 因为他是个天才啊 莉迪亚
Why are you all so interesting in him? – Because he’s a genius, Lydoushka.
是倒是 不过他现在在做什么
Yes, but what is he doing?
他在尝试为我们定义语言的界限
He’s trying to define for us the limits of language.
什么是彼此的交流
And what it is to have communication, one with another.
别太夸大了
Don’t be so pompous.
亲爱的 我就要夸大一些
Dearest darling, I am going to be pompous.
这个国家不止需要一位像样的哲学家
The country needs more than one decent philosopher.
伯蒂需要竞争对手 我们的维也纳朋友可能做得到
Bertie needs some competition. Our Viennese import might just do the trick.
梅纳德 你的头脑比我的腿要灵活
Maynardoushka, your head…infinitely more flexible than my legs.
你在干什么 大家都在等你的
What are you doing? Everyone’s waiting for you.
请走开!
Go away, please!
他们在折磨我!
They’re torturing me!
看在上帝的份上 张开嘴就好
For God’s sake, just open your mouth
想到什么就说什么
and say the first thing that comes into your head.
别开玩笑了
Don’t be so ridiculous.
听我说 搞定这个研讨会 我们就能去看电影了
Listen, just get through this seminar and we can go to the cinema.
狗是不会撒谎的
A dog… cannot lie.
也不会是真诚的
Neither can he be sincere.
狗可能会等着自己的主人回来
A dog may be expecting his master to come.
为什么它不能期待主人下周三回来呢
Why can’t he be expecting him to come next Wednesday?
是因为不会说话吗
Is it because he doesn’t have language?
如果狮子会说话
If a lion could speak,
我们也不能明白它在说什么
we would not be able to understand what he said.
为什么我要说这些呢
Why do I say such a thing?
如果我们能理解狮子的语言 我想我们和狮子相处就不会有太多困难
If we could understand him, I shouldn’t think we’d have too much trouble with a lion.
我们可以找个翻译
We could get an interpreter.
你是说给我找 还是给狮子找
Do you mean for me or for the lion?
是的 没错 我们可以找个翻译
Yes, yes, we… we could get an interpreter.
但那有什么用呢
But what possible use would that be?
想象一种语言 意味着想象一种生活形式
To imagine a language is to imagine a form of life.
我们的行为和我们本身赋予我们的语言以意义
It’s what we do and who we are that gives meaning to our words.
我无法理解狮子的语言 因为我无法知晓狮子的世界是什么样子
I can’t understand the lion’s language, because I don’t know what his world is like.
我怎么才能了解一只狮子所处的世界呢
How can I know the world a lion inhabits?
是因为无法触及它的意识本身 所以才不能理解它么
Do I fail to understand him because I can’t peer into his mind?
当我说“这是一个令人愉快的菠萝”的时候
What’s going on behind my words, when I say,
我的言语背后是什么
“This is a very pleasant pineapple?”
别急 慢慢来
No, please, take your time.
是思想 教授
The thought, Professor.
明白了
I see.
那么 “这是一个令人愉快的菠萝”
And what is the thought that lies behind the words,
这句话蕴含着怎样的思想呢
“This is a very pleasant pineapple?”
这是一个令人愉快的菠萝 – 听我说
This is a very pleasant pineapple. – Listen to me.
我们总是想象着语言背后
We imagine the meaning of what we say as something queer,
藏着什么谜一样 复杂的 奇异的东西
mysterious, hidden from view.
但事实上没有被藏起来的东西 一切都是明白可见的
But nothing is hidden! Everything is open to view!
只是
It’s just…
只是哲学家把问题搞复杂了
it’s just philosophers who muddy the waters.
维特根斯坦教授 你无法感知到这种疼痛
Professor Wittgenstein. You can’t know this pain.
只有我能 – 你确定你可以?
Only I can. – Are you sure you know it?
你不怀疑你刚才的疼痛感吗
You don’t doubt you had a pain just then?
怎么可能?
How could I?
如果我们不能谈论怀疑 我们也就不能谈论知识
If we can’t speak of doubt here, we can’t speak of knowledge, either.
我不懂
I don’t follow.
在不能怀疑的情况下
It makes no sense to speak of knowing something
谈论知道某些事是没有意义的
in a context where we could not possibly doubt it.
所以 说“我知道我很疼”是完全无意义的
Therefore to say, “I know I am in pain,” is entirely senseless.
如果你想知道一个字的含义
When you want to know the meaning of a word,
不必深入自己的内心
don’t look inside yourself,
要去看这个字在我们的生活方式中的用途
look at the uses of the word in our way of life.
去观察人们的行为举止
Look at how we behave.
你的意思是根本就没有哲学问题吗
Are you saying there are no philosophical problems?
有的只是
There are…
语言问题 数学问题 伦理问题 逻辑问题
…linguistic, mathematical, ethical, logistic and…
和宗教问题
…religious problems,
不存在真正的哲学问题
but there are no genuine philosophical problems!
你这是轻视哲学
You’re trivializing philosophy.
哲学只是被曲解的语言的副产品
Philosophy is just a by-product of misunderstanding language!
你们为什么就不明白呢
Why don’t you realize that?
天啊 他无法接受不同的意见 是吧?
Oh, dear. He can’t bear disagreement, can he?
你在干什么
What are you doing?
你的课堂笔记 在我忘掉之前
Making notes on your class before I forget it.
你疯了吗 把剧情都毁了 – 嘘
Are you mad? You’ll ruin the plot. – Shh.
本来也没有剧情
There is no plot.
也许是有的
There might be.
收起来 马上收起来
Put it away. Put it away this instant.
你对福南·梅森有何评价
What did you say about Fortnum & Mason?
别开玩笑了
Don’t be ridiculous.
电影院和研讨会之间没有竞争
There was no competition between the cinema and seminar.
我喜欢看电影
I loved films.
特别是西部片和音乐片
Especially westerns and musicals.
卡门·米兰达和贝蒂·赫顿是我最喜欢的女演员
Carmen Miranda and Betty Hutton were my favorite actresses.
我总是坐在前排
I always sat in the front row.
电影院就像是淋浴房♥ 洗去课堂的疲惫
Film felt like a shower bath, washing away the lecture.
我不喜欢新闻短片
I hated the newsreels.
爱国主义浓度太高