弗朗西丝卡
白蛾舞动翅膀时若想晚餐 今晚工作完后随时可来
麦迪逊郡之桥
罗伯特·金凯畅述漫长之旅
金凯摄影 华盛顿州
叶芝的诗
白蛾舞动翅膀时若想晚餐 今晚工作完后随时可来
德梅因14里
离婚专家 律师
弗朗西丝卡
四天怀念 罗伯特·金凯
给弗朗西丝卡 在无路的林中有欢乐
妹妹
Hi, sis.
迈可 请在这儿签名
Michael, if I could just get you to sign this right here…
便可拿到保险箱内的物件
which gives you the contents of the safe deposit box.
好的 谢谢 还有这份
Thank you. And this one which clears the bank…
使银行不用为箱内物件负责
of all responsibility for the contents.
这样真刺♥激♥
It’s kind of exciting.
也许会发现你母亲 有百万元的遗产
Maybe we’ll find out that your mother had secret millions.
我们开始好吗
Why don’t we get started?
令慈葬在
Your mother is interred at the Cedar Heights
香柏山庄殡仪馆直至作出安排
Funeral Home until arrangements can be made.
我以为已安排好了
I thought it was arranged.
-遇到点问题 -有什么问题
-There’s a problem. -What problem?
令慈确指示要火葬
Your mother left explicit instructions to be cremated.
-我之前也不知道 -她何时决定的
-I don’t understand it either. -When did she decide this?
显然是在她死前
Apparently just before her death.
荒唐 我不知有人会火葬的
I don’t know anybody who gets cremated.
许多人这样做
Lots of people do.
我家没人这样做
Nobody in my family did. Dad bought plots at Prairie Hills…
爸早已为自己和母亲买♥♥下墓地
one for him, one for Mom.
-遗嘱清楚说明 -我不管它怎么说
-The will clearly states… -I don’t care what it says.
也许妈神智不清
Maybe Mom was delirious.
不知道自己在说什么
Maybe she didn’t know what she was saying.
若想火化
If she wanted to be cremated,
她为何让爸买♥♥两个墓地
why the hell did she let Dad buy 2 plots?
她很精确的说
She was very specific.
她想把骨灰撒落在罗斯曼桥
She wanted her ashes to be thrown off Roseman Bridge.
-什么 -真奇怪
-What?! -Bizarre!
你肯定这是妈写的吗
Mr. Peterson, are you sure Mom wrote all this?
见证人是狄璐丝太太
It was notarized and witnessed by Mrs. Lucy Delaney.
-你可以问她 -她是谁
-Maybe you could ask her. -Who the hell is she?
我记得她 我不管
I remember her, I just don’t…
我不管这是否合法
I don’t care if it’s legal.
我们不会火化她和把骨灰撒桥下
We’re not cremating her or throwing her ashes off some bridge
她可能四处飘散令我们无法扫墓
where we can’t visit her because she’ll be blown all over!
别人驾车还驶过她身上
And people driving all over her, dogs…
我们不会这样做
We’re not doing it.
我不肯定这是基♥督♥教的做法
I’m not even sure it’s Christian.
也许是意大利风俗 她是意大利人
Maybe it’s an Italian thing. She was Italian.
没关系
Doesn’t matter!
继续吧
Move on.
我们待会再说
We can come back to this.
我们打开保险箱吧
Why don’t we open the box?
迈可你看
Michael, look at these.
你见过这些照片吗
Have you ever seen these pictures?
是放在1965年的信封内
It was in this envelope from 1965.
她没戴胸罩
She’s not wearing a bra.
那是杉树桥
That’s the Holliwell Bridge.
-若有人想知道的话 -为何有两张地契
-In case anyone’s interested. -Why are there 2 deeds here?
这是他59年买♥♥的另外一亩地
This is for the additional acres he purchased in ’59.
这个呢
And this?
是令慈卖♥♥掉的机器的收据
Those were bills of sale from equipment your mother sold.
这是原来那块地的地契
This is for the original land parcel.
她的照片很漂亮
Beautiful picture of her.
什么事
What?
你能过来吗
Could you come here for a minute?
什么事
What?
到哪儿去
Where are we going?
她遗嘱中有说留给我些什么吗
She say anything in there about me? About leaving me anything?
怎么回事
What’s going on?
我们在想
We were just wondering if it might be better…
也许我和卡洛琳独自看箱内的东西会较好
if Carolyn and I looked at this stuff ourselves.
我们不想你们久候
We don’t want to keep you waiting around.
相关法律的事物 我会联络你
I’ll contact your office about the legal work.
我挣扎
“I struggle to…
去明白这种方式能让我活下去
put it together in a way that allows me to continue…
知道我们有不同的生活
knowing that we’re on separate roads.
可是 我透过照相机镜头看见你在那儿
But then, I look through the lens of my camera and you’re there.
我开始写稿但却发现在给你写信
I start to write an article and I find myself writing it to you.
现在我明白
It’s clear to me now that
我们正向对方走近
we have been moving towards each other…
在我们一生中 走向那四天
towards those 4 days, all of our lives.”
我不想再听 烧了它
I don’t want to hear anymore. Burn the damn thing.
我不想听
I don’t want to hear it.
扔掉它
Throw it away.
他还说些什么
What’s he saying now?
他说 如果妈需要他
He just goes on about how if Mom ever needed him…
可通过国家地理杂♥志♥找他
she could reach him through the National Geographic Magazine in D.C.
他是摄影师
He was a photographer.
他答应不再写信
He promises not to write again.
可是 信上说
And then, all it says is:
我爱你 罗伯特
“I love you, Robert.”
罗伯特
Robert!
天啊
Jesus!
我会杀了他
I’ll kill him.
不可能 他死了
That would be some trick.
那是信中所说的
He’s dead. That’s what this letter is…
发自他的律师
from his attorney.
他把大部份东西留给了妈妈
He left most of his things to Mom.
并要求
And requested…
什么
What?
把他火化 骨灰撒落在罗斯曼桥
That he be cremated and his ashes thrown off Roseman Bridge.
他该死 我就知道妈妈不会想到这样做的
Damn him! I knew Mom wouldn’t have thought that up herself.
是那变♥态♥的
It was some damn perverted…
摄影师在影响她
photographic mind influencing her.
那浑蛋何时死的
When did the bastard die?
82年
’82.
慢着 那是
Wait a minute, that was…
在爸死后三年 你认为呢
3 years after Daddy… Do you think…?
我不知道
I don’t know! I’m completely in the dark.
我搬走了才会变成这样
That’s what I get for moving away.
那时我们还年幼
We were kids when this happened.
我无法相信
I can’t believe it.
你是否认为她
Do you think that she…
和他有性关系
had sex with him?
迈可 你动画片肯定是看多了
Must be nice inside your head with Peter Pan and the Easter Bunny.
别这样对我说话 她是我母亲
Don’t talk to me like that. She was my mother!
现在我知道她是
Now I find that she was… She was a…
什么 别这么说
A what? Don’t say that!
那我应该怎么想
What am I supposed to think?
我想不到她从没对我说
I can’t believe she never told me.
我们一星期才交谈一次 她怎能这样做
We spoke at least once a week. How could she do that?
她何时认识他 爸爸知道吗
When did she meet him? Did Dad know?
那信封内还有什么
Is there anything else in that envelope?
没有 我看没有了
No, I don’t think so.
你念吧
You read it.
你念
You read it.
1987年1月
“January, 1987.
亲爱的卡洛琳
Dear Carolyn:
希望你和迈可同看此信
I hope you read this with Michael.
我相信他没法独个儿看这封信
I’m sure he wouldn’t be able to read it by himself…
他需别人帮助他了解此事
and he’ll need help understanding all this.
首先和最重要的
First and most of all…
是我很疼爱你们
I love you both very much.
虽然我感到很好 但我想把后事
And although I feel fine, I thought I’d put my affairs…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!