这一切其实早就有结果了 罗伯特
We are the choices that we have made, Robert.
你不明白
You don’t understand.
难道你不明白
Don’t you see?
没人明白 当女人作出抉择
Nobody understands when a woman makes a choice…
去结婚和有孩子
to marry and have children…
在某方面 她的生命开始了 在另方面 却停止了
in one way, her life begins, but in another way, it stops.
她建立了现实的人生
You build a life of details…
而把她个人的需求放到一旁
and you just stop and stay steady
好让她的孩子能长大成人 当他们离去时
so that your children can move. And when they leave…
亦把她现实的一生带走
they take your life of details with them.
此时 她不能再过回自己的生活
You’re expected to move on,
也不记得 是什么令她活着
but you don’t remember what moved you…
因许久没人问过她 她也没有问过自己
because no one’s asked you in so long, not even yourself.
因为她从没想过
But you never think…
她没想到会遇上这样美妙的爱情
You never think love like this will happen to you.
但现在你遇上了
But now that you have it…?
我希望永远保留这份爱
Now I want to keep it forever.
我希望终生都能这样的爱你
I want to love you the way I do now for the rest of my life…
但若我们走了
but if we leave…
就会失去
we lose it.
我不能让一生都消失掉
And I can’t make an entire life disappear…
重新来过
to start a new one.
我只能抓紧我们两人
All I can do is try to hold on to us…
存于心底内
somewhere inside of me.
你要帮助我
You have to help me.
不要失去我们
Don’t lose us.
别放弃
Don’t throw us away.
其实你不想离开我
Maybe you feel this way. Maybe you don’t.
但又无法离开这个家
Maybe it’s because you’re in this house.
也许明天 当他们回来
Maybe tomorrow, when they come back, you’ll feel differently.
-你的感觉会变化 -我 不知道
-Don’t you think that’s possible? -I don’t know.
听着 我会在这儿多待几天
Look, I’m going to be here a few more days.
我们稍后再说 不用现在做决定
We can talk later. We don’t have to decide now.
罗伯特 别 别 这样
Robert, don’t! Don’t do this.
我不想现在就说再见
I don’t want to say goodbye now.
我们不用马上做决定
We don’t have to make that decision.
也许你会改变主意
Maybe you’ll change your mind.
也许我们会再见时 你就会改变主意
Maybe we’ll see each other and you’ll change your mind.
若那样 你要作出决定
If that happens you have to decide…
因我无法决定
because I can’t.
我就说这一次
I’ll only say this once.
以前从没说过 因为
I’ve never said it before.
这样确切的爱 一生只有一次
But this kind of certainty comes just once in a lifetime.

Look!
-你赢了 -我不能卖♥♥了它
-You got it. -I couldn’t sell him.
我知道 我早知道你会赢
I know. I knew you would win.
-乖女 你令我骄傲 -谢谢
-Good girl. Proud of you. -Thanks.
-妈 -宝贝
-Hi, Mom. -Hi, darling.
-吃过了 -吃了
-Did you eat? -Yeah. I ate.
你好吗
Hey, there. How you doing?
你很快便回来了
It didn’t take you too long to get here.
三小时
There hours.
-我们乐极了 -你饿吗
-We had fun. -Are you hungry?
我有东西给你
I got something for you.
市集很好玩
The fair was great.
你们全回来了
You all came home.
亦把我的
And, with you…
生活细节带了回来
my life of details.
两天过去了 我从早忙到晚
A day or 2 passed, and with each thought of him…
没有一点空闲时间去想别的
A task would present itself like a lifesaver…
我觉得那四天离我越来越远
pulling me further away from those 4 days.
我的心里
I was grateful.
空荡荡的
I felt safe.
杀了我吧 别搷着
Put me out of my misery. I can’t stand the suspense.
不是说你
I’m not talking about you.
我受不了了 开枪吧
I know I’m a goner. I can’t stand the suspense. Shoot.
我不需要矇眼
I don’t even need a blindfold.
最后的晚餐
Condemned man’s dinner. Chicken, peas, watermelon.
晚餐你想吃什么
Do you want anything special?
你烧的肉卷如何
How about that brown sugar meat loaf?
一瞬间 我不知身在何处
For a moment, I didn’t know where I was.
我知道他是向我告别的
And for a split second, I thought that he didn’t really want me.
那时我要离开是不难的
That it was easy to walk away.
罗伯特探过身子似乎拿东西
Robert leaned over as if to get something from the glove box.
八天前他也曾这样
8 days ago, he’d done that…
他的手臂擦过我的腿
and his arm had brushed across my leg.
一星期前我在德梅因买♥♥新裙子
A week ago I’d been in Des Moines, buying a new dress.
那车子离家乡很远
That truck’s a long way from home.
华盛顿州
Washington State.
他应该就是餐厅中 人们谈到的摄影师
I’ll bet it’s that photographer they talked about at the caf?
他在等什么
What’s he waiting for?
走啊
Come on!
噢 不
Oh, no!
我在心里说
The words were inside of me.
我错过了罗伯特 留下是错的 但我走不了
“I was wrong, Robert, to stay, but I can’t go.
让我告诉你 我为何不能走
Let me tell you again why I can’t go.
请你告诉我 我为何该离去
Tell me again why I should go. ”
我听到他的声音的回响
I heard his voice coming back to me:
这样确切的爱 一生只有一次
“This kind of certainty comes once in a lifetime. ”
怎么了 亲爱的
What’s wrong, Franny?
告诉我亲爱的 你怎么了
Will you please tell me what’s wrong?
过一会儿就好了
I just need a minute.
爸 你买♥♥错了饲料
Dad, you bought the wrong feed!
我很感激那晚的静默
I was grateful for the silence that night.
我知道爱是很难捉摸的
I realized love won’t obey our expectations.
它的神秘是纯正和纯粹的
Its mystery is pure and absolute.
罗伯特和我如果真能厮守
What Robert and I had…
感觉反而会消失
could not continue if we were together.
我若和理查德分开 所共创的亦会无踪
And what Richard and I shared would vanish if we were apart.
现在我很想和家人一起
But how I wanted to share this!
若我走了家会变成怎样
How would our lives have changed if I had?
你们能体会到家庭生活的甜蜜吗
Could anyone else have seen the beauty of it?
我是弗朗西丝卡·约翰逊
I’m Francesca Johnson.

And I…
我很难过没早些过来看你 打扰你吗
I feel awful that I haven’t visited sooner. Is it a bad time?
我没打扰你吧 是否太晚了
Am I interrupting anything? Is it too late?
不会
No, not at all.
璐茜和我变得形影不离
We became inseparable, Lucy and I.
奇怪的是
The funny thing is, I
直到多年以后 我才向她谈起罗伯特的事
didn’t tell her about Robert until years later.
和她一起时
But for some reason, being with her…
我觉的
somehow made me feel…
想起他是安全的
it was safe to think about him…
继续爱他是安全的
to continue loving him.
镇上的人总谈论我们俩 但我们不在乎
This town loved talking about the two of us, but we didn’t care.
你们的父亲亦不多问
And neither did your father.
该吃药了
It’s time.
感到好些了
Is better?
好些了
Is better.
弗朗妮
Franny.
我只想说
I just want to say…
我知道你有自己的梦想
I know you had your own dreams.
遗憾我没能给你
I’m sorry I couldn’t give them to you.
我很爱你
I love you so very much.
你们的父亲死后 我设法联络罗伯特
After your father died, I tried to get in touch with Robert…
但他已离开了国家地理杂♥志♥
but he had left National Geographic.
没人知道他在哪儿
No one seemed to know where he was.
唯一的关连 是我们那天到过的地方
My only connections to him were the places we’d been that day.
所以每年我生日时
And so, each year on my birthday…
我都会到那儿
I’d revisit them.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!