Thank you, sir.
谢谢你
Doctor.
博士
General, this is Wheeler team leader Dr. John Nash.
将军 这位就是惠勒研究室的领导人 约翰·纳什博士
Glad you could come, Doctor.
很高兴你能来
Hello.
你好
Right this way.
这边走
We’ve been intercepting radio transmissions from Moscow.
我们截获 由莫斯科发出的无线电报
The computer can’t detect a pattern,
电脑无法查出它的模式
but I’m sure it’s code.
但我认为绝对是密码
Why is that, General?
何以见得
Ever just know something, Dr. Nash?
就是有那种感觉 你会吗?
Constantly.
经常会
We’ve developed several ciphers.
我们研发了几个密码索引
If you’d like to review our preliminary data…
要不要看看我们的初步资料
Doctor?
纳什博士?
6 7 3 7
6 7 3 7
0 3 6…
0 3 6…
8 4 9 4.
8 4 9 4
9 1 4 0 3 4.
9 1 4 0 3 4
I need a map.
我需要一份地图
40 6 13 0 8 67 46 9 0,
40 6 13 0 8 67 46 9 0
Starkey Corners, Maine.
缅因州的斯达基角
48 03 01,
48 03 01
91 26 35.
91 26 35
Prairie Portage, Minnesota.
明尼苏达州的波吉特草原
These are latitudes and longitudes.
这些都是经纬线
There are a least 10 others.
至少还有十个
They appear to be routing orders across the border into the U.S.
这似乎是进入 美国边境的路线顺序
Extraordinary.
太惊人了
Gentlemen,
各位
we need to move on this.
我们需要做更进一步的研究
Who’s big brother?
那位老大是谁?
You’ve done your country a great service, son.
你为国家贡献良多
Captain! Yes, sir.
上尉 是的 长官
Accompany Dr. Nash.
替纳什博士带路
What are the Russians moving, general?
将军 俄国人有什么动向?
Captain Rogers will escort you
罗杰上尉会陪你
to the unrestricted area, Doctor.
到不受限区
Thank you.
谢谢
Dr. Nash, follow me, please.
纳什博士 请跟我来
It’s Dr. Nash.
是纳什博士
All right.
好的
“麻省理工学院”
“惠勒国防研究室”
Thank you, sir. Home run at the Pentagon?
谢谢你 先生 在五角大楼打出全垒打了吗?
Have they actually taken the word “classified”
他们有没有把”机密”两个字
out of the dictionary?
从字典里删掉
Oh, hi. The air conditioning broke again.
嗨 冷气机又坏了
How am I supposed to be in here saving the world
我都快融化了
if I’m melting?
怎么去整救世界?
Our hearts go out to you.
约翰 我们真替你叫屈
You know, two trips to the Pentagon in four years.
四年中五角大楼两度叫我去
That’s two more than we’ve had.
那你比我们多去了两次
It gets better, John.
好的还在后面
Just got our latest scintillating assignment.
我们才接到最新的伟大任务
You know, the Russians have the H bomb,
你们知道苏俄已经制出氢弹
the Nazis are repatriating South America,
纳粹的魔爪已伸向南美
the Chinese have a standing army of 2.8 million,
中国有两百八十万的常备军
and I am doing stress tests on a dam.
而我却在替水坝做压力试验
You made the cover of Fortune… again.
但是你却二度上 “财富杂志”的封面
Please note the use of the word “you”, not “we”.
请注意你用了”你” 而不是”我们”
That was supposed to be just me.
应该只有我一个人才对
So not only do they rob me of the Fields medal,
如今他们不但剥夺我得奖的机会
now they put me on the cover of Fortune magazine
居然把我和这些小鼻子小眼的文人学者们
with these hacks, these scholars of trivia.
一起放在 “财富杂志” 的封面上
John, exactly what’s the difference
约翰 天才和才气横溢
between genius and most genius?
到底有什么不同?
Quite a lot.
差别大了
He’s your son.
反正你总是有道理
Anyway, you’ve got 10 minutes.
你只剩下十分钟了
I’ve always got 10 minutes.
我的时间多得是
Before your new class?
你现在得去上课了
Can I not get a note from a doctor or something?
能不能请医生开张病假单
You are a doctor, John, and no.
抱歉 这回可不行
Now, come on, you know the drill,
你知道这里的规定
we get these beautiful facilities,
学校既然给了我们这些设施
M.I.T. gets America’s great minds of today
就要用当今美国最伟大的脑袋
teaching America’s great minds of tomorrow.
去教未来伟大的脑袋做交换
Now, have a nice day at school.
好了 祝你在学校里过的愉快.
The bell’s ringing.
上课铃要响了
The eager young minds of tomorrow.
未来饥渴稚嫩的脑袋
Can we leave one open, Professor?
教授 可以留一个窗户不要关吗?
It’s really hot, sir.
实在太热了
Your comfort comes second
课堂的安静
to my ability to hear my own voice.
比你舒不舒服重要得多
Personally,
我个人认为
I think this class will be a waste…
这堂课不但浪费
of your…
你们的时间
And what is infinitely worse…
糟糕的是 更浪费了…
my time.
我宝贵的时间
However,
不过…
here we are. So…
既然来了 那就说清楚
you may attend or not.
来不来上课 随你们的便
You may complete your assignments at your whim.
你可以喜欢了就完成你的作业
We have begun.
课这就开始了
Miss.
小姐
Excuse me!
打扰一下
Excuse me!
打扰一下
We have a little problem.
我们有点小小的问题
It’s extremely hot in here with the windows closed
关上窗户 这里会很热
and extremely noisy with them open.
开着 却又太吵
So, I was wondering if there was any way you could,
我在想 能不能请你们
I don’t know, maybe work someplace else for about 45 minutes?
先修别的地方 大约45分钟就行了
Not a problem. Thank you so much!
没问题 谢谢你们
At a break! Got it!
休息一下 好的
As you will find in multivariable calculus,
你们会发现
there is often…
在多变性的微积分中…
a number of solutions for any given problem.
往往一个难题会有多种解答
As I was saying, this problem here
黑板上的这个问题
will take some of you many months to solve.
有些人可能会解上好几个月
For others among you,
更有些人
it will take you the term of your natural lives.
可能要花上一辈子的时间
Professor Nash.
纳什教授
William Parcher.
我是威廉·帕彻
Big brother,
你所谓的老大
at your service.
在此听候你的吩咐
What can I do for the Department of Defense?
我能为国防部做些什么?
Are you going to to give me a raise?
你是来替我加薪的吗?
Let’s take a walk.
咱们散散步
Impressive work at the Pentagon. Yes, it was.
你在五角大楼的工作让人钦佩 的确如此
Oppenheimer used to say,
原子弹之父常说
“Genius sees the answer before the question.”
“天才 在问题发生前就已找到解答”
You knew Oppenheimer?
你认识奥本海默?
His project was under my supervision.
他的计划 就在我的监督之下进行的
Which project?
哪个计划?
That project.
喔 那个计划
It’s not that simple, you know?
其实并不简单
Well, you ended the war.
可是你们仍然结束了战争
We incinerated 150,000 people in a heartbeat.
我们杀死十五万人
Great deeds come at great cost, Mr. Parcher.
要有牺牲才能完成伟业
Well, conviction, it turns out,
可是对旁观者而言

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!