别坐那么远
Don’t sit so far away.
我们要避免制♥造♥任何距离 – 好的
Anything that creates a distance should be avoided. – Okay.
尽量别皱眉头
And try not to frown.
很抱歉 我皱眉头了吗? – 你得放松
I’m sorry. Was I frowning? – You have to relax.
如果你不放松,又怎么指望我开放些呢?
How can I be expected to open up if you’re not relaxed?
好 – 做一次深呼吸
Right. – Take a deep breath.
再来一次
Start again.
[吸气]
[ Inhales ]
像你看到的
As you can see
这张纸被分成了和多方格
This piece of paper has been divided into squares.
总共是 287 块
There are 287 of them.
你的性经历会以一种隐性编码填在这一页里
Your sex history will fit on this single page in a cryptic code.
别忘了提到没有这种编码的写入密钥
Don’t forget to mention that there’s no written key to the code.
被测试者坦率直言的唯一情况…
The interview subject will only be candid
就是他知道他在绝对完全自信地说话
ifhe knows he’s speaking in the strictest confidence.
对 好的
Right. Okay.
那么你的生日是哪天?
So, when were you born?
1♥8♥9♥4 年 6 月 23 日
June 23, 1 894.
单身还是已婚?
Are you single or married?
已婚
Married.
是哪一个种族的?
What is your race?
别浪费时间问这些明显的事,马丁
Don’t waste time asking the obvious, Martin.
你自己填写吧 – 你信仰什么宗教?
Fill it in yourself. – What is your religion?
循道宗教 – 你多久上一次教堂?
Methodist. – How often do you attend church?
现在不去了,但我 19 岁之前经常去
Not at all now, but I did regularly until I was 1 9.
在你成长过程中与父母的关系怎么样?
How did you get along with your father and mother when you were growing up?
那是个多重问题
That’s a multiple question.
允许我忽略任何我不想回答的部分
It allows me to ignore any part I don’t want to answer.
和你母亲相处得怎样? – 很好
How did you get along with your mother? – Fine.
我们关系密切 – 你父亲呢?
We had a close relationship. – And your father?
和父亲相处得如何?
How did you get along with your father?
我们要做什么呢?
And what are we to do?
我们避开肉体上的问题…
We turn away from matters of the flesh…
来关注精神上的…
and we turn to things…
东西
of the spirit.
性♥欲♥…
Lust…
有一千条大街…
has a thousand avenues–
舞厅,冷饮室…
the dance hall, the ice cream parlor…
交谊大厅…
the tenement saloon…
土耳其浴
the Turkish bath.
就像九头蛇…
Like the Hydra…
到处长出新头
it grows new heads everywhere.
甚至现代科学发明…
Even the modern inventions of science…
也习惯于培养不道德
are used to cultivate immorality.
内燃机…
The gas engine…
让我们可以驾车兜风…
has brought us the automobile joyride…
还有甚至更为巨大的威胁…
and an even more pernicious menace…
路边妓院
the roadside brothel.
电力…
Electricity
让低劣的电影展成为可能
has made possible the degrading picture show.
因为那部电♥话♥…
Because of the telephone…
一个少♥妇♥…
a young woman…
可以在枕边听到求爱者…
can hear the voice of her suitor…
…的声音,如同就在身旁
on the pillow, right next to her.
还有,我们别忘了所有发明中最可耻的…
And let’s not forget the most scandalous invention of all–
手动滑链…
the talon-slide fastener…
也被称之为拉链…
otherwise known as the zipper…
也让每个男人和男孩迅速步入…
which provides every man and boy speedy access…
…道德的遗忘
to moral oblivion.
你现在身体状况好吗?
Are you currently in good health?
我猜想是的 哼哼
I suppose so. Mm-hmm.
是什么令你有一虑?
What makes you doubtful?
我看过的每个医生
Every doctor I’ve ever seen.
以前得的病让我感到心虚
Early disease left me with a weakened heart.
有没有患过什么病让你不能去上学吗?
Did you have any illnesses that kept you out of school?
我患过伤寒和佝偻病
I had typhoid fever and rickets.
还有风湿热
Also rheumatic fever.
麻疹、水痘、肺炎…
Measles, chicken pox, pneumonia…
还有几次流感发作
and several bouts of influenza.
波米洛伊,你在干什么?
Pomeroy, what are you doing?
你比马丁更糟糕
You’re worse than Martin.
绝对不要对人作出判断
Never make judgments about people.
我没有
I wasn’t.
你的身体姿势告诉我 我的病历表让你感到不舒服
Your body posture told me that my list of ailments made you uncomfortable.
可能是吧 抱歉
Maybe it did. Sorry.
保持不下判断的态度…
Maintaining a nonjudgmental attitude…
…比你想象的要难
is harder than you think.
最好的方式是微笑,点点头…
The best way is to smile, nod your head…
…直接看着我的眼睛
while looking me directly in the eye.
说到哪儿了?
Where were we?
你小时候的健康
Your health as a boy.
最后我开始户外运动,身体好多了
It improved greatly when I finally discovered the outdoors.
从来没有比投身到野外更令我兴奋的…
I never got over the excitement of setting off into the wild…
逃离床铺、病痛、家庭
escaping bed, illness, family.
一个人吗?
Alone?
不 不 从没一个人
No. No. Never alone.
我周围都是朋友
I was surrounded by friends.
户外运动教我要相信自己的判断
Being in the outdoors taught me to rely on my own judgment.
我开始研究事物,通过捕捉它们…
I started to learn about things by grasping them…
品尝它们、观察它们
tasting them, looking at them.
生物学? – 对
Biology? – Yes.
生物学
Biology.
生命的科学
The science oflife.
田野和树林变成了我新的圣地…
The fields and woods became my new place of worship…
…我的大教堂
my cathedral.
唯一让我悲伤的是 在我必须离开的时候
The only sadness they brought was when I had to leave them.
你第一次自♥慰♥的时候有多大年纪?
How old were you when you first tried to pleasure yourself?
别 别 别这样委婉
No. No. No euphemisms.
如果你和一个大学研究生说话…
If you’re talking to a college graduate…
就说“手♥淫♥”、“睾丸”、“阴♥茎♥”…
use ”masturbation,” ”testicles,” ”penis”…
“阴♥道♥”、“外阴”、“排尿”、“排便”
”vagina, ” ”vulva, ” ”urination, ” ”defecation. ”
对低年级的男性,就说“自摸”、“蛋”…
With the lower-level male, it’s ”jacking off,” ”balls”…
“鸡鸡”、“屄♥♥”、“尿”、“屎”
‘prick, ” ”cunt, ” ‘piss, ” ”shit. ”
我不明白,格布哈德 也许你的哈佛学位对我们的目标来说太高了
I don’t know, Gebhard. Maybe your Harvard degree is too ivory tower for our purposes.
我是在西部长大的
I was brought up out west.
我一辈子都和牧场主、矿工接触
I’ve rubbed shoulders with ranchers, miners my whole life.
我想你还是把小胡子刮掉的好 – 我喜欢这样
And I thought you were gonna shave that mustache. – I like it.
这是个假装,是个掩盖
It’s a disguise, a cover-up.
随便看部电影 恰好 流氓们总是留着小胡子
Look at any movie. The villain’s always the one with the mustache.
我妻子喜欢
My wife likes it.
你有一个机会对知识和科学做出重要贡献
You have a chance to make an important contribution to knowledge and science.
而你告诉我为了脸上的一撮毛就放弃了?
Are you telling me you’d give that up for a little facial hair?
没错,我想是这样
Yes, I suppose I am.

Ah.
好吧,那就修剪一下
Well, keep it trimmed.
那我们继续谈手♥淫♥的问题
Let’s get back to masturbation.
那是交♥配♥的叫声
That’s a mating call.
那么,你是怎样结束在 史蒂文斯学院的学业的,艾尔?
So, how’d you wind up at the Stevens Institute, Al?
我以为你想成为生物学家
I thought you wanted to be a biologist.
世界上的科学家够多了,朋友
There are enough scientists in the world, son.
现在社会需要的是工程师
Engineers are what society needs now.
我,呃…我的一个老♥毛♥病又犯了
I, um– I had one of the old fits again.
我就尽量忍♥住
I tried to stop it.
任何会引起性冲动发泄 的行为都必须阻止
”Any habit which causes the sex fluid to be discharged must be resisted.
医生联♥系♥了各种各样的疾病…
”Doctors link it to an assortment of illnesses…
包括发疯、瞎眼、癫痫…
”including insanity, blindness, epilepsy…
…甚至死亡
even death.”
如果发生的时候你在睡觉呢?
What if it happens while you’re asleep?
据说一盎司精♥液♥的流失…
”It is said that the loss of one ounce of seminal fluid…
相当于 40 盎司血液的流失
equals the loss of 40 ounces of blood.”

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!