I wanna be a professional poker player when I’m older. Or a comedian.
麦斯
Max-a-million,
问我 喜剧最重要的是什么
ask me what is the most important thing in comedy.
喜剧最重要的是什么
What is the most important thing in com…
时机的掌握
Timing.
时机的掌握
Timing.
你有喝过我爸酿的酒吗
Have you tasted Dad’s wine?
有啊 很难喝吧
Oh, yes, indeed. Bloody awful, isn’t it?
但可以用来擦掉指甲底下的油漆
But I recommend it for getting the paint out from underneath your fingernails.
你懂的可不少嘛
So you know.
我比较爱喝白兰地 品尝葡萄酒 我耐心不够
Well, I’m more of a cognac drinker. I’m too impatient to be a wine lover.
若我要喝醉 不想喝整晚才醉
If I’m gonna get drunk, I don’t spend all night doing it.
试试看
Try that.
好多了
That’s better.
了不起
It’s extraordinary.
像波尔多 只是天鹅绒 不是羊毛
Like a Bordeaux, only velvet rather than wool.
你对葡萄酒也懂得不少嘛
Well, well, guess who knows a thing or two about wine.
我们在那帕谷偶尔也会品品酒
Back in Napa, we’re known to gargle and spit on occasion.
好像蛮有趣的
That sounds like fun.
这是本地酿造的 在这个庄园
Is this made here? On the estate?
“偏远小镇”
“Coin Perdu.”
应该不是
Doubt it.
瓶子不一样 瓶塞却相同
Different bottles, same corks.
亨利向来有点神秘兮兮
Well, Henry always was a little bit of a mystery.
怎么说
How so?
他喜欢英国 却住在法国
Well, he loved England, but he lived in France.
他喜欢女人
And he loved women,
却不和同一个女人交往太久
but never the same one for more than a certain period of time.
他从来没结过婚
He never got married.
他喜欢冒险 但我对他的印象都是
And he loved adventure, but every single one of my memories
在这里的方圆一百步之内
takes place within about 100 steps of this very spot.
回忆都很不错吗
Are they good memories?
不只不错
No.
都美好极了
They’re grand.
我要上楼去 把我的书看完
I’m gonna go upstairs. Go finish my book.
威尼斯之死 那是我的书
Death in Venice. That’s my book.
别告诉我结局
Don’t tell me the ending.
其实我一直没空看完
Well, actually, I never got around to finishing it.
老兄 你好啊
Hello, old mate, how are you?
有个小问题
Just a quick question.
好 等一下 雪莉
Yeah, hang on. Shirley.
什么事 你应该知道
Mes’? You’d know this.
在法国 上自己的堂妹合不合法
In France, is it actually illegal to shag your own cousin?
除非她很丑 好吧
Only if she’s ugly. Right.
他妈的
Bollocks.
蓝斯 阿姆斯特朗
Lance Armstrong!
别开玩笑了 我事先打过电♥话♥
You must be kidding! I called up before.
我知道 非常抱歉 我预约了七点半
I know. I’m so sorry! I’m supposed to be here for 7:30.
要多久 三十分钟 抱歉
How long is it? Thirty minutes. I’m sorry.
别闹了 我知道 我知道
Oh, come on. I know. I know.
你说过 会马上带我们就坐
You said we’d be seated right away.
我知道 好 请先喝
I know. Okay. You have a drink…
喝酒本店请客 不到二十分钟就能入座了
Ole will offer you a drink and you’ll have your table in less than 20 minutes.
好吧 准备好记下来 我要两份迈泰酒
All right, what I want is… Get ready, write it down, double mai tai.
卡洛琳
Caroline.
希望餐点好吃 因为服务烂透了
I hope your food’s wonderful because your service is lousy.
我忙到没空理你 你的服务生呢
Please, I’m too busy to ignore you.Where are all your waiters, love?
不和你闹了 我够忙了
My hands are full without games with you.
麦当劳在亚维农 要炸鱼和薯条去马赛
McDonald’s is in Avignon. Fish and chips in Marseilles.
你在干嘛 放心 我有经验
What are you doing? Don’t worry. Done this before.
在哪里 大学时代
Where? Worked through university
在伦敦高级餐厅打工
at London restaurants.
好吧 你可以上来
Okay. Okay, you can serve.
但记住 若有人抱怨 在法国 顾客永远是错的
Remember, if there are any complaints, in France, the customer is always wrong.
六号♥桌
Table six.

Uh…
十六
Sixteen.
干杯 想吃点什么
Cheers. And what are we gonna have here?
小伙子 过来 我需要帮忙
Garcon. Garcon, get over here. I need help over here.
你要去哪里 该死 小伙子
Where you going? Damn. Garcon!
你会讲美式英语 菜单都是法文 我们看不懂
Do you speak American? This menu is all in French and we don’t understand this.
我来跟你说 我想吃什么
But let me tell you what I would like to have.
我要尼斯色拉加田园酱
I would like a salad Nigoise-a with ranch dressing on it.
低卡田园酱
Baby, lo-cal ranch dressing.
对 我还在节食 要低卡田园酱 不要油
That’s right, I’m still on my diet. I would like lo-cal ranch dressing with no oil.
请在上面撒点培根屑
And could you sprinkle some bacon bits on top?
麦当劳在亚维农 要炸鱼和薯条去马赛
McDonald’s is in Avignon. Fish and chips, Marseilles.
你们态度很差
You people got some serious attitude here.
这是你的小费
Here are your tips.
谢谢你的帮忙 你被开除了
Thank you for your help. You’re fired.
我的葡萄农说你从小在葛德长大
You know, my vigneron said that you grew up around Gordes.
杜弗洛先生搞错了
Monsieur Duflot is mistaken.
我只有暑假才会陪我妈去葛德
I only visited Gordes during the summer with my mother.
我以前常去那里过暑假
I used to spend my summers here.
不知道我们是否见过
I wonder if we ever met.
若有见过 希望你受不了我
Well, if we did, I hope I was unbearable.
你是本地人 应该知道
You’re a local, you’d know the answer to this.
最近刚发了一笔横财的年轻人
Where would a young man, recently cashed-up,
可以请人去哪里喝酒
take someone for a drink?
什么
What?
你想约我出去
Are you asking me on a date?
不是 应该说是道歉吧
No, it’s more of an apology.
我只是不要你当我是个疯子
I don’t want you to think I’m the sort of maniac
一天到晚在路上撞人
who goes around running people off the road.
我没兴趣
I’m not interested.
晚安
Have a good night.
星期天晚上八点 在池塘广场 不准迟到
Sunday night, 8:00, Place de I’Etang. Don’t be late.
我一定准时到
I shall see you there.
天哪
Oh, my God!
救命啊 蝎子 蝎子 救命啊
Help! Scorpions! Scorpions! Help!
天哪
Oh, my God!
不客气
You’re welcome!
你很会跳舞嘛 露德芬
You dance very well, Ludivine.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我好想亨利
I miss Henry.
他的舞技超群
He was an excellent dancer.
你想跳舞吗
Do you wanna dance?
怎么回事 和范西斯打网球
Oh, what happened? The tennis with Francis.
可怜的孩子
Oh, poor boy.
要不要上绷带 不用
Do you want me to put a bandage? No.
消毒一下 不用了
Antiseptic? No.

Oh.
你今晚来我们家吧
You are coming to our house tonight.
来我们家
To our home.
我做菜给你吃 麦斯
I am cooking for you, Max.
范西斯杜弗洛 葡萄农
Francis Duflot, vigneron.
柯丝蒂罗伯兹 私生女
Christie Roberts, illegitimate daughter.
你长得像亨利 绝对不会错的 鼻子很像
The resemblance to Henry is unmistakable. The nose.
我和令尊齐心努力了23年
For 23 years, I toiled side by side with your father.
即使现在 他还在那里努力 我在这里拼命
Even now he works from there and I from here.
那时候我刚种下葡萄藤 但现在它们病弱枯老了
That’s when I first planted the vines. But now they are sad and tired.
除了这里以外
Excep t here.
这里 才怪 简直糟透了
Here? No. It’s catastrophic.
只剩下遍地石头和满心哀伤
Nothing but rocks and grief.
石灰石会吸收阳光
Limestones absorb the sunlight.
在夜里给葡萄藤保暖
Keep the vines warm at night.
我在酿酒厂里长大 暑假都在加州的葡萄园打工
Wine brat. Spent summers working in a vineyard in California.
在加州不酿葡萄酒 只调制夏威夷水果酒
In California they don’t make wine, they make Hawaiian punch.
酿酒专家孟达维可能会有异议
Mondavi might argue with that one.
亨利的女儿可能会想参观一下葡萄园
Maybe Henry’s daughter would be interested in a personal tour in the vines.
运气好的话 他的灵魂会跟着来