Look at me.
拜托
Please.
你真的太美了
You’re so beautiful.
我可以再看你一次吗
Can I see you again?
为什么笑
Why do you laugh?
你不应该问我这种女孩这样的问题
That’s not the sort of question you ask a girl like me.
但是 我问了
Well, I’m asking it.
我在问你
I’m asking.
你第一次遇到这女孩是什么时候
When did you first meet the girl?
莎拉
Sarah.
她叫莎拉
Her name was Sarah.
几个月前
A few months ago.
十一月的时候
November…
西比尔 你可以回避一下
Sybil, I think you should leave.
你也是 希拉
You too, Sheila.
我要留下
I’m staying.
你在哪里遇见的她
Where did you meet her?

I, um…
你去宫廷酒吧了 是吗
You went to the Palace Bar, did you?
我有什么不能去的吗
And why shouldn’t I have been there?
我已经到了可以结婚的年纪了 老天啊
You know, I’m old enough to be married, for God’s sake!
你应该把你的
You should have kept your…
你本应该有些自♥制♥力的
You could have shown some self-control.
你的意思是像杰拉德一样吗
What, like Gerald, you mean?
像这镇子上的所有男人一样吗
Like all the other men in this town?
市议员麦格蒂
Alderman Meggarty…
据我所知 就像你
Like you, for all I know.
闭上你的嘴
Shut your mouth!
然后呢 你感觉到 焦躁
So, what? You were feeling…restless?
觉得沮丧 孤单
Frustrated? Lonely?

Yes.
所以你就带她去了她的住处吗
So you picked her up and went back to her place?
对 但在那时
Yes. Only at that moment…
她似乎改了主意
she seemed to change her mind.
继续说
Go on.
但我当时
But I was…
我喝醉了
I was drunk, and…
我想要继续下去
I had to see it through.
你对她动粗了
You were rough with her?
是的
Yes.
第一次的时候 有一点
A little, that first time.
到底一共有几次
How many times were there?!
你强迫她的时候想过她的感受吗
Did you think about her, while you were forcing her?
我没有强迫她 严格来说没有
I didn’t force her. Not really.
那当你使用她吗
While you were using her?
仿佛她只是一个动物
As if she were an animal.
一个东西
A thing.
你想过这会给她的生活带来什么影响吗
Did you think about the implications for her life?
没有
No.
把酒放下
You can put that down!
喝酒已经惹出够大的乱子了
That’s done enough damage already.
让他喝一杯吧
Let him have a drink.
鉴于现在的状况 还是让他喝一杯吧
On this occasion, let him have a drink.
你多长时间见她一次
How often did you see her?
只要她允许我就会去
As often as she’d let me.
我估计 每次都付钱吧
Paying every time, I presume?
不是那样的
It wasn’t like that.
她会倾听我说的话
She listened to me.
她帮助了我
She helped me.
那是当然
I’m sure she did.
我需要她
I needed her!
我对她的依赖远超于她对我
I needed her much more than she needed me.
你什么时候发现她怀孕了
When did you realise she was going to have a child?
大约一个月前
About a month ago.
谢谢你能来
Thank you for coming.
出什么事了
What’s wrong?
莎拉
Sarah?
她有没有提出你应该娶她
Did she suggest you ought to marry her?
她不想要我娶她 是我提出来的
She didn’t want me to marry her. I…offered…
天啊 埃里克
Oh, Eric.
她觉得我不爱她
She thought that I didn’t love her.
她不希望我把自己的生活毁掉
She said that she didn’t want me to ruin my life.
你当时打算怎么做
What did you propose to do?
我其实不知道究竟该做什么
I didn’t really know what to do.
我坚持要给她钱
I insisted on giving her money.
多少钱
How much money?
一共50英镑
Um, £50 in all.
50英镑
£50?!
以你的工资哪来这么多钱
Where did you find that on your wages?
再加上喝酒 嫖♥娼♥
On top of drinking and whoring round the town?
我从公♥司♥得来的
I got it from the firm.
我从公♥司♥拿的
I took it from the firm.
你是说你偷来的
You mean you stole it.
我本来打算还回去的
I was going to pay it back.
埃里克
Eric?
从我的保险箱里拿的吗
From my safe?
当时有些账目需要收账
There were some accounts that needed collecting.
我去找他们要了现金
I went to them and I asked for cash.
你给了他们公♥司♥的收据 然后留下了钱
Gave them the firm’s receipt and then kept the money.
是的
Yes.
我没有别的办法了
There was nothing else I could do!
你偷了钱
You stole from them.
你从我们的客户那里偷了钱
You stole from our clients!
如果你给我的工资要是体面一些
Well, maybe if you paid me a decent amount,
而不是让我不够花
instead of leaving me short…
现在是我的错了 是吗
My fault, now, is it?
你这该死的蠢货
You damned fool.
你当时为什么不来找我
Why the hell didn’t you come to me?
你觉得是为什么呢
Why do you think?!
因为你不是那种孩子陷入麻烦时
Because you’re not the kind of father a chap can go to
可以去寻求帮助的父亲 这就是原因
when he’s in trouble. That’s why!
你知道你的问题是什么吗
You know what your problem is?
你被宠坏了
You’re spoilt.
亚瑟
Arthur!
从他出生的那天起就被宠坏了
He’s been spoilt since the day he was born.
你上的公立学校 还有
With your public school and your…
你参加的校队
varsity ways…
是 是啊 没错
Yes, yes, yes.
我已经被毁了 不是吗
I’m ruined, aren’t I?!
够了
Stop!
我可没时间听这些
I don’t have the time for this.
等我走了你们再去解决自己的问题
You can sort out your differences when I’m gone.
知道你偷了公♥司♥的钱后
What did the girl do
那女孩做了什么
when she realised you were stealing the money?
她说她不能再接受了
She said she wouldn’t take any more.
她叫我离她远点
She asked me to stay away,
我是个懦夫 所以我离开了
and I’m a coward, so I did.
所以她说的都是真的
So she was telling the truth.
她告诉你的一切都是真的
Everything she told you was true.
还有称自己为伯灵夫人
And calling herself Mrs Birling…
现在都解释得通了
It all makes sense now.
什么意思
What do you mean?
你跟她谈过吗
You spoke to her?
什么时候 她来过这里吗
When? Did she come here?
埃里克
Eric…
两个星期前 她去了你母亲的委员会
She went to your mother’s committee for help
寻求帮助
two weeks ago.
你母亲拒绝帮助她
Your mother refused that help.
为什么
Why?
我不相信她
I didn’t believe her.
她需要你的帮助

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
前一篇文章死亡诗社
下一篇文章情到深处
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!