她把名字改成了黛西·兰顿
She changed her name to Daisy Renton.
什么
What?
我是说 她把名字改成了黛西·兰顿
I said, she changed her name to Daisy Renton.
怎么了
What’s wrong?
我能喝杯威士忌吗
May I get myself a whisky?
当然
Of course.
你认识她 对吗
You knew her, didn’t you?
-让他静一静 -杰拉德
– Leave him be a moment. – Gerald?
你是怎么认识她的
How did you know her?

I, um…
埃里克 去把你妈妈叫进来吧
Eric, go and ask your mother to come in here.
我想单独和杰拉德谈谈 除了探长
I want to talk to Gerald alone. Except for the inspector.
他可以留下
He can stay.
不管要说些什么 我宁愿当着我的面说
Whatever needs to be said, I’d rather it was said in front of me.
你能张口吗 埃里克
Will you go, Eric?!
埃里克 他还在那吗 那个探长 不管他是谁
Eric, is he still here, this inspector, whoever he is?
-是的 还在 -希拉在哪
– Yes. Yes. – Where’s Sheila?
一个女孩死了 是自杀
A girl’s died, suicide.
回答我的问题
Answer the question!
亚瑟 到底怎么了
Arthur, what is going on?
你这么害怕告诉我 那只意味着一种情况
If you’re so afraid to tell me, it can only mean one thing.
我没有害怕
I’m not afraid.
我不是个孩子 我宁愿知道真♥相♥
I’m not a child. I’d rather have the truth.
现在看来杰拉德貌似和那个女孩也有什么纠葛
And now it seems that Gerald has had dealings with her too.
你这是什么意思 什么样的纠葛
What do you mean? What sort of dealings?
他还没说
He hasn’t said yet.
我觉得这事已经弄得够久的了
Well, I think this has gone on long enough.
我觉得我们要给他点时间
I think we need to give them a moment.
-不 这本该是他们的订婚派对 -我知道
– No. This is supposed to be their – engagement party… – I know that…
-我不敢相信你把他们丢那了 -西比尔
– I can’t believe you’ve left them in there. – Sybil…
我问了你一个问题 考夫特先生
I asked you a question, Mr Croft,
我想让你回答
and I want you to answer it.
听着 我会回答的 但是我
Look, I will answer it, but I…
我不认为这是个合适的时机或是
I don’t think this is the right time or…
那是由我来决定的
Well, that’s for me to decide.
你是何时何地第一次遇见她的
When and where did you first meet her?
是在宫廷综艺剧场酒吧
It was in the bar at the Palace Variety Theatre.
有一天晚上我碰巧进去看了看
I happened to look in one night.
我没有打算待太久
I wasn’t intending to stay long.
威士忌 谢谢
Whisky, please.
市议员麦格蒂
Alderman Meggarty.
-怎么了 -杰拉德·考夫特.
– Yes? – Gerald Croft.
我们去年在共济会晚宴上见过
We met at the Masonic Dinner last year.
啊 是的
Ah, yes.
我记得家父 考夫特勋爵介绍我们认识的
I think my father, Lord Croft, introduced us.
对 他是介绍过
Yes. Happen he did.
我看到你一直在帮我照顾女朋友
You’ve been looking after my girl for me, I see.
我欠你个人情
I’m indebted to you.
很抱歉我来晚了 亲爱的
I’m so sorry I’m late, darling.
准备好出发了吗
Ready to go?

Yes.
期待下次见面 再次表示感谢
I hope to see you soon, and thank you, again.
晚安
Goodnight.
你也晚安
Goodnight to you too.
请原谅我 刚刚怕不是吓到你了
Please forgive me. I’m afraid that was the most shocking liberty.
不不 那是
No, no. It was…
我只是 我从来不能忍♥受姑娘深陷危难
I just… I could never bear to see a damsel in distress.
先生 你人真好
It was very kind of you, sir.
真的吗
Was it?
很好
Good.
我们能喝一杯 聊表歉意吗
Well, shall we have a drink by way of an apology?
你不必道歉
You don’t need to apologise.
那就算庆祝了 我们虎口脱险
By way of celebration, then? Our escape from the beast.
你不舒服
You’re unwell.
不不 我是
No, no, I’m…
天哪 可怜的小东西
God, you poor thing.
只是因为我没有
It’s only because I haven’t had any…
我过会就好了
I’ll be all right in a moment.
慢慢来
Take your time.
-抱歉 -别傻了
– Sorry. – Don’t be silly.
我能请你吃晚餐吗
Would you let me buy you dinner?
实际上 我自己也还没吃
I haven’t eaten myself, as it happens,
我在郡县酒店有预定
and I have a table booked at the County Hotel.
我不想一个人吃饭
I’d rather not eat alone.
来吧 那里很安静 也很体面
Please. It’s quiet there, and respectable.
你怎么说
What do you say?
吃了点东西之后 她稍微放松了点
She relaxed a little after she’d had something to eat.
跟我说了点她自己的事
Told me a little bit about herself.
我问她为什么会去宫廷酒吧
I asked her why she’d gone to the Palace Bar.
她说那是她第一次去
She said it was the first time she’d ever been there…
我很怀疑
..which is what I’d suspected.
她知道那是什么地方吗
Did she know what sort of place it was?
是的
Yes.
-有人告诉她了 但是 -她很绝望
– Someone had told her. But… – She was desperate.

Yes.
对 她真的很绝望
Yes, she really was.
她快要被赶出去了
She was about to be thrown out of her lodgings
是个很烂的地方 但她还是付不起房♥租
a rotten place, apparently, but she couldn’t pay the rent and…
请继续 考夫特先生
Go on, please, Mr Croft.
碰巧我的一个朋友
Well, it happened that a friend of mine…
六个月前出国了
..had just gone abroad for six months.
把他在镇上一套不错的公♥寓♥钥匙留给了我
And left me the keys to a nice little set of rooms he has in town.
我建议她在找到落脚点前住在那里
And I suggested she go and stay there, until she found her feet.

It…
这让她哭了
It made her cry.
她说 是因为我的善意
My kindness, she said.
她真的很不习惯
She was so unused to it.
那晚你把她带去那了吗
Did you take her there that evening?
是的
Yes.
所以 你觉得你没事了吗 兰顿小姐
So…do you think you’ll be all right, Miss Renton?
黛西
Daisy.
是的 我觉得没事了
Yes, I think I will.
美国传统的童话角色
我觉得自己就像金凤花姑娘
I feel like Goldilocks.
什么
What’s that?
你确定你的朋友不会回来吗
Um…are you sure your friend won’t come back?
我确定 相信我
Absolutely sure. Trust me.
好好打理下自己
To, um…to tide you over.
我 我会还你钱的 谢谢
I’ll, um…I’ll pay you back. Thank you.
如果有任何不满 小姐
Well… …any complaints, Miss,
就叫经理
just call for the management.
她笑了
She laughs
如果你觉得没问题的话 我明天下班后过来
I’ll come by tomorrow after work, if that’s all right with you?
好的
Yes.
如果你不在这 别担心 我
If you’re not here, don’t worry. I’ll…
我会之后再来
I’ll try again later.

Well, um…
晚安
..goodnight.
晚安
Goodnight.
你第二晚也过去了吗
And did you go back the following evening?

Yes.
-你留下了吗 -等等
– Did you stay? – Steady on.
他当然会留下了
Of course he did.
她后来成了你的情人 是吧
She became your mistress, did she?

Yes.
那 那不是我的本意
It…it wasn’t what I intended to happen.
我希望你能明白这一点
I hope you can see that.
我只是想尽我所能帮助她
I wanted to help her more than anything else.
真是令人作呕
How disgusting!
不是
No.
不是的 伯灵夫人 原谅我 但不是这样的

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
前一篇文章死亡诗社
下一篇文章情到深处
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!