是的 谢谢你 吉姆
Thank you, Jim.
奥布里夫人 总统就要到了
Mrs. Aubrey, the President is arriving.
-今天早上你到处转了转吧 -是的 我喜欢散步
-Up and around this morning, are you? -I like to walk.
那真是个好消息啊 我的孩子
That’s good news, my boy.
你今天看上去好多了
You look much better today.
这全是假象
It’s all make-up.
我叫特里萨护士给我注射了一些
I asked nurse Teresa to fix me up a bit.
我不想让总统在和我
I didn’t want the President to think I
说话的时候感到我就要死去了
was going to die while he was talking to me.
是的…
I see.
没人喜欢一个快要死的人
Nobody likes a dying man.
因为没有人知道死亡究竟是什么
Because nobody knows what death is.
你看上去倒像是个例外
You seem to be an exception.
那正是我欣赏你的地方 你那令人羡慕的平和感
That’s one of the things I admire about you, your admirable balance.
你像是一个真正的爱好和平的人
You seem to be a truly peaceful man.
谢谢你 本 谢谢
Thank you, Ben. Thank you.
特里萨护士的工作做得很不错
Nurse Teresa did a very good job there.
兰德先生 总统到了
Mr. Rand, the President is arriving.
先请总统到我的书房♥ 我们几分钟后就到
Just show the President into the library. We’ll be along in a few minutes.
老♥习♥惯最有效果了 让他们先等着
An old habit that goes along with power:. Keep them waiting.
现在不用帮忙 亚瑟
Not now, Arthur.
但是 先生…
But, sir….
我将要用自己的双脚
I’m going to meet the President…
走去见总统
…on my own two feet.
昌西 我们可以去了吗
Shall we go?
这是个很好的主意 本
That’s a very good idea.
在我年轻些的时候 我曾致力于政♥府♥工作室
When I was younger, I had thoughts of public office.
但是我发现
But I found, that…
作为一个普通的市民 我能做更多的贡献
…I was able to contribute more as a private citizen.
那是当然
Of course…
我的财产使我拥有很大的影响力
…my wealth provided me with considerable influence.
但是 我尝试 相信我 我尝试了
But I’ve tried, believe me, I’ve tried…
不去滥用这个力量
…not to misuse that power.
这是十分重要的 我们不允许自己
It’s extremely important that we don’t allow ourselves…
对我们的政♥府♥的需求视而不见
…to become blinded to the needs of our government…
不管要经受多大的诱惑
…no matter how strong the temptation.
我已经被册封为伯爵
I’ve been labeled a kingmaker…
但我仍尽量放开自己
…but I’ve tried…
去接受百姓们的声音
…to keep myself open to the voice of the people.
我对自己保持着诚实
And I’ve remained honest to myself.
这是最主要的
That’s the main thing.
-早上好 兰德先生 -早上好 先生们
-Good morning, Mr. Rand. -Good morning, gentlemen.
这个家伙在哪里啊
Where the hell is he?
总统先生
Mr. President.

Ben.
看见你真令人高兴阿 但你看上去不太好
It’s good to see you. You look terrific.
谢谢你u3000总统先生
Thank you, Mr. President.
您的到访令我的精神振作了许多
Your visit has helped to raise my spirits.
我很想你 我的朋友
I’ve missed you, my friend.
来来 坐下 让你的脚轻松一点
Come, sit down. Take a load off your feet.
你好 总统先生
Hello, Mr. President.
你好
Hello.
我希望你能见见我最亲爱的朋友 昌西·格达那先生
I want you to meet my very dear friend, Mr. Chauncey Gardiner.
总统先生 在电视里 您看上去比现在小多了
On television, Mr. President, you look much smaller.
我要告诉你 昌西并不是一个爱耍嘴皮子浅薄的人
I must warn you Chauncey’s not a man to bandy words.
哦 是吗
Oh? Really?
昌西先生 我是一个喜欢直率地探讨的人
Well, Mr. Gardiner, I’m a man who appreciates a frank discussion.
-你要坐下吗 -是的
-Would you be seated? -Yes, I will.
本 我想知道你有没有”机会”[和杉斯同音]
Ben, I was wondering if you had a chance…
是的
Yes?
-你有没有机会去…-是的
-Did you happen to have a chance to go… -Yes?
本 你看了我的演讲了吗
Ben, did you read my speech?
所有的 非常好
Overall, pretty good.
但是总统先生 我认为
But I think, Mr. President, that it is very dangerous…
在这种时候 耍弄暂时标准是非常危险的
…to play around with temporary measures at a time like this.
恩…本 我是说…
Well, Ben, I mean….
我赞同你
I sympathize with you…
而且我知道要保持正直坦率是多么的困难
…and I know how difficult it is to be straightforward.
但是博比 我现在要告诉你…
But I’ll tell you right now, Bobby….
-你好 -你好 我是莱福 联邦情报局的
-Hi. -Hi. I’m Riff. Secret Service.
是的 当然
Good. Of course.
本 你所说的意思
What you’re saying, Ben, is that…
-你认为我不该抓住这次”机会”吗 -绝对不是这样
-…you don’t think I should take the chance. -Absolutely not.
格达那先生 你是赞成本 还是认为我们可以
Do you agree with Ben, or do you think we can stimulate growth through…
临时的刺♥激♥一下经济增长
…temporary incentives?
只要根还没有被切断
As long as the roots are not severed…
就都没有事
…all is well.
并且做什么都是好的
And all will be well…
…在花♥园♥里
…in the garden.
-在花♥园♥里 -是的
-ln the garden? -Yes.
在花♥园♥里 生长是有季节性的
In a garden, growth has its season.
先来的是春天夏天
First come spring and summer…
但接下来
…but then we have…
就是秋天和严冬
…fall and winter.
之后 我们又迎来春天和夏天
And then we get spring and summer again.
-春天和夏天 -是的
-Spring and summer? -Yes.
-秋天和严冬 -是的
-And fall and winter? -Yes.
我想我们这位有洞察力的朋友在说
I think what our insightful young friend is saying…
我们必须遵守不可违逆的
…is that we welcome the inevitable…
自然季节规律
…seasons of nature…
但却正在打算颠覆经济中的季节规律
…but we’re upset by the seasons of our economy.
是的
Yes.
春天是生长的季节
There will be growth in the spring.
我必须承认 这是一个非常清爽的令人乐观的综述
I must admit, that is one of the most refreshing and optimistic statements…
我已经很久没有听过了
…I’ve heard in a very long time.
我接受你的如此好的核心思想
I admire your good solid sense.
这正是我们在国会山里所缺乏的
It’s precisely what we lack on Capitol Hill.
我必须走了
I must be going.
-这次拜访给了我很大的启发 -是的 当然
-This visit has been most enlightening. -Yes, it has.
本 谢谢你 谢谢你的时间和思想
And Ben, thank you for your time and thought.
欧 胡说
Oh, nonsense.
谢谢你暂停工作来和我这个将死的人在一起
Thank you for taking time out with a dying man.
哈 我才没有
No, I won’t have any of that.
你为什么不多听听你的朋友昌西的建议
Why don’t you listen to your friend, Chauncey, here?
现在是时候来思考一下生命的问题了
This is a time to think of life.
确实如此 总统先生
That’s right, Mr. President.
那么 照顾好自己啊 本
Now, you take care, Ben.
你也是 博比
And you take care, too, Bobby.
昌西
Chauncey.
博比
Bobby.
这个总统啊 是个很庄重的家伙 是吧
He’s a decent fellow, isn’t he? The President.
是的 我很高兴他能来
Yes. I’m glad he came.
凯夫曼 我需要一份昌西·格达那的背景资料
Kaufman, I’ll need some information on Mr. Chauncey Gardiner’s background.
-格达那吗 好的 先生 -我今天就要
-Gardiner, yes, sir. -And I’d like it sometime today.
没问题 长官
No problem, Chief.
你知道吗
You know…
你不会玩文字游戏
…you don’t play games with words…
来保护你自己
…to protect yourself.
你很直接
No, you’re direct.
你还记得我昨晚对你说了些什么吗
Do you remember what I was talking to you about last night?
-不 -你当然记得
-No. -Sure you do.
我的关于援助商人的财政基金的计划
My plan for a financial assistance to businessmen.
我想你就是负责这个机构的适当人选
I think you’re just the man to take charge of an institution like that.
我明白了 本
I understand.
我知道你并不是一个在一时冲动下就草率行动的人
I know you’re not a man to act on the spur of the moment…
所以请别认为我要你很快作出决定
…so don’t feel that you have to rush into a decision.
谢谢你
Thank you.
现在 请原谅
Now, I’m afraid I must excuse myself.
我真的非常累了
I’m awfully tired.
我很难过 你病得如此严重
I’m sorry you’re so sick.

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
前一篇文章龙虾
下一篇文章酷毙了
一个人,一本书,一部电影,还是一段音乐 ♪ ♩ ♫ ♬ 在世界的某个角落, 总有什么能触动你的心灵; 在世界的某个角落, 总有和你一样的人。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!