I know what room you’re in at the hotel,
我知道你在旅馆住哪间房♥
and I know where you live in Brooklyn.
也知道你在布鲁克林区住在哪里
You’re celebrating.
你们在庆祝
Well, remember Nelle’s manuscript she sent me in New York?
记得妮欧寄到纽约给我的原稿吗?
Yeah. Mockingbird. Killing a Mockingbird.
记得 《梅岗城故事》
You said it was good. And I was right.
你说那很棒 我没说错
She just heard Lippincott wants to publish it.
她刚听说立滨卡特出版社想要出版
Well, Jesus.
哇 天哪
Jesus, well, that’s terrific. Tell her congratulations from me.
天哪 那实在太棒了 请代我说声恭喜
Congratulations.
恭喜
Thank you. Jealous.
谢谢 忌妒
Will you be home by Christmas? I wanna come home.
你圣诞节会回家吗? 我想要回家
I wanna come home. I do. I just…
我真的想要回家 只是…
thought if they catch whoever did this, who knows what?
如果他们抓到凶手 谁知道会怎样呢?
I’ll probably be here till next Christmas. I’m gonna let you go.
我大概会在这待到下个圣诞节 我要挂断了
I…
我…
No, don’t go.
不 别挂断
We’ll go away next spring to write.
我们明年春天出发去写作
Maybe Spain. Yeah.
或许去西班牙 好
Okay, I’m gonna let you go. Jack…
我要挂断了 杰克…
Jack, I promise. We’ll go away this spring to write.
杰克 我保证 我们明年春天就出发去写作
Maybe Spain. Okay.
或许去西班牙 好
All right.
好了
My wife worked there, too.
我太太也在那工作过
What did she do in the house?
她做些什么呢?
Cleaning. Cooking a little bit.
打扫 偶尔也煮饭
Quiet, quiet. Quiet, quiet.
安静 安静 安静
“Girdle up. No extra bulges.”
“扎好 没有多余突起”
“If you’re dressed right, when he gets home…
“如果他回家时 你的打扮对了…
“the rest of the evening should be smooth sailing.”
“接下来的夜晚就一切顺利啦”
“Bon voyage, gals.”
“祝好运 女孩们”
I can’t believe you got that whole page. I only read it once.
真不敢相信你把整页都背诵出来了 我只念了一次
I’ve tested my… Tested myself.
我自我… 测验过的
I have 94%… Percent recall.
我可以记下… 所有对话的94%
Cut that out. Cut that out.
别这样 别这样
Cut that…
别这…
Cut that out.
别这样
Isn’t that something, Alvin?
艾尔文 他很厉害吧?
Oh, it’s impressive.
真的很厉害
Thank you.
谢谢
I’m sorry. He’s upset. What’s he upset about?
对不起 他很沮丧 沮丧什么呢?
They know who did it.
他们知道是谁干的
Two men.
两个人
You know, they passed through Kansas City last week writing bad checks.
他们上周在堪萨斯市用空头支票
By the time Alvin’s boys got up there, they were gone.
等艾尔文的下属赶过去时 他们已经走了
Skipped out.
溜掉了
Yeah. They don’t know where.
对 他们不知道去了哪里
No idea.
毫无头绪
One of them had a cellmate who gave him up for the $1,000 reward.
其中一个有个牢友 为了1千美金的赏金出♥卖♥♥♥了他
Do they know the name of the cellmate?
他们知道牢友的名字吗?
No. No, I don’t know. Alvin knows.
不 我不知道 艾尔文才知道
I guess this isn’t the appropriate time to go ask him.
我猜现在并非问他的好时机
He’s beside himself.
他心情很不好
Hello?
哈罗?
Alvin, get in here.
小艾 快进来
Dad, it’s the telephone. Not now, Alvin.
爸 是电♥话♥ 现在不接 小艾
God damn it.
可恶
Get over here.
快过来
Dad! Alvin, not now.
爸! 小艾 现在不接
Sit.

Dad? Dad?
爸?爸?
You need to call the Chief of Police in Las Vegas.
你要打电♥话♥给拉斯维加斯的警长
Alvin, what’d you say? He said you need to call them immediately.
小艾 你说什么? 他说要你立刻打电♥话♥过去
Truman Capote. Dorothy Sanderson.
楚门卡波特 桃乐西山德森
I figured you’d be left alone this morning
我猜今早你那勤奋工作的老公
by that hardworking husband of yours…
一定把你一个人留在家里…
so I have breakfast, and I have news, and I have literature.
所以我带来了早餐 新闻还有书籍
My friend, Jack, mailed me that book you wanted…
我朋友杰克把你想要的书寄来…
and I inscribed it myself.
我亲自在上面题了词
“To the maiden of the Midwest, the priestess of the plains…
“仅将我的第一本小说 献给中西部之女…
“the queen of the kitchen, my first novel. Truman.”
“旷野之祭司 厨房♥之皇后 楚门敬上”
You’re too much. Come on in. Oh, thank you.
你真好 请进 噢 谢谢
Go into the living room. Have a seat.
去客厅吧 请坐
Let me get that. It’s been ringing all morning.
我去接电♥话♥ 已经响了一早上了
Hello?
喂?
Truman, I meant in here.
楚门 我是指这里
That’s the women’s cell.
那是女牢房♥
It’s hardly ever used, but they wanted them separate.
很少用到 但他们想把他们分开关
Let’s sit in the living room.
我们去客厅坐吧
They put you in the women’s cell.
他们把你放进女牢房♥
Do you have any aspirin?
你有阿斯匹灵吗?
My legs.
我腿痛
Truman?
楚门?
Please.
拜托
I’m sorry.
对不起
In the matter of the State of Kansas v. Richard Eugene Hickock…
关于堪萨斯州对 李察尤金希卡克…
and Perry Edward Smith…
以及派瑞艾德华史密斯的诉讼…
this court has been informed by counsel, Mr. Weeks…
辩护律师魏克先生已告知本庭…
that the defendants wish to waive their right to a preliminary hearing.
被告希望放弃初次审讯之权
His mind is somewhere else.
他并不专心
Mr. Hickock, is that your wish?
希卡克先生 这是你的希望吗?
Yes, sir.
是的 庭上
Why are they doing that?
他们为何要这么做?
Mr. Smith.
史密斯先生
I ask that the waiver be effectuated.
我要求实行弃权
“Effectuated”?
实行?
So noted.
记下了
Remove the prisoners.
把犯人带走
Was it your choice to waive the hearing?
是你选择要放弃审讯的吗?
Do you still need some?
你还要药吗?
Give me your hand.
把手给我
I could kill you if you got too close.
如果你距离太近我可以杀掉你
Now, would you like some water, or…
你要不要喝点水 还是…
Mrs. Sanderson lent you my book.
山德森先生把我的书借给你了
He said we’d curry favor with the judge…
他说如果我们放弃权利…
if we waived our rights.
就会让法官有好感
Who did?
谁说的?
The lawyer.
律师
Your picture’s undignified.
你的照片不够庄重
People recall first impressions.
第一印象是很深刻的
What’s been your first impression?
你的第一印象是什么?
Hello.

Mr. Shawn. Truman.
尚恩先生 楚门
I’m writing a book.
我要写书
It’s too much for a single article.
单篇报道写不了这么多内容
This town, the killers most of all.
这个镇 最重要的还有凶手
You will be stunned by Perry Smith.
派瑞史密斯会让你震惊
Why, what’s happening?
哦 怎么了?
Well, not much yet, but I know. I can sense him.
没怎样 但我知道 我感觉得出来
He’s desperately Ionely, frightened.
他非常孤独恐惧
I have a question.
我有个问题
Are you ready?
准备好了吗?
Would it matter? No.
有差吗? 没有
How much more money can you send me?
你还能给我多少钱?
And how quickly could you get Dick Avedon out here to take some pictures?
还有你多快能请狄克艾佛顿 过来这里拍些照片?
Who are you smiling at right now?
你在对谁笑?
I’m smiling at you.
我在对你微笑
You know, Dick’s a very famous fashion photographer.
狄克是很有名的流行摄影师
World-famous.
世界知名
Am I gonna be in a fashion magazine?
我要登上流行杂♥志♥吗?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!