她还说你周末也要上班
I suppose you won’t be coming to the cottage.
我想你也不会去小木屋了
Well, it can’t be helped.
实在没办法
It never can.
永远都没办法
Hello.
哈罗
What’ve you got there?
那是什么
Oh, uh… It’s yours. I found it in the attic.
这是你的 我在阁楼找到的
It has loads of things from when you were my age.
里面有好多你在我这年纪的东西
Haycorns.
橡果
I mean, acorns.
我是说橡实
Nothing of any great importance.
不是很重要的东西
Don’t you think you should be doing something
你不该做点
more useful with your time?
有意义的事吗
Reading perhaps?
像是看书
I’ve already finished the book list
葛福预备中学书单上的
that Grayford Prep sent.
都看完了
I’m way ahead. I’ve been very efficient.
我进度超前 很有效率
Oh, good. That’s good.
好 那很好
Yes, so there’s no work to do this weekend.
所以这周末 我没功课
We can do whatever we want. We’ll go back to your cottage.
我们想做什么都行 回你的小木屋
Play where you played.
在你以前玩的地方玩
We can do puzzles, board games.
我们可以玩拼图 桌游
Right. Um…
正确
I wanted to talk to you about that.
我想跟你聊这件事
I can’t come this weekend.
这个周末我不能去
But summer will be over soon.
可是暑假快结束了
I have to stay for work.
我得留下来加班
You and your mother will go.
你和你妈去就好
I never see you.
我好少见到你
Well, I wished I didn’t have to stay for work…
我也希望不必留下来加班
but dreams don’t come for free, Madeline.
可是梦想要付出代价 梅德琳
You have to work for them.
为了梦想必须努力付出
Nothing comes from nothing.
天下没有白吃的午餐
Do you understand?
你懂吗
I understand.
我懂
I suppose you can keep these here then.
那这些东西可以放在这里
Yes.

Do you think you could read to me for a minute?
你可以念书给我听一下吗
Of course.
没问题
Yes.

“The Victorian Era signified
“维多利亚时代
“the height of the Industrial Revolution…
是工业革命的高峰
“and was viewed as the apex of the British Empire.”
被视为大英帝国的顶点”
Oh, we’ve got a real good one here.
这本书真不错
“It followed the Georgian period…
“它在乔治王时代之后
“and preceded the Edwardian period.”
爱德华时代之前”
Actually…
其实
Father.
老爸
Yes?
怎么了
I’m a bit tired.
我有点累了
Right.

Yes. Um…

You sure?
你确定
Hmm. Of course.
没问题
Well…

Good night.
晚安
Good night.
晚安
I’ve been thinking.
我在想
You two don’t have to go to the country tomorrow.
明天你们俩不必到乡下去
We’ve been over this. She needs to play, Christopher.
我们谈过了 她需要好好玩一玩 克里斯多弗
Not spend all of her time studying.
不能整天读书
Grayford Prep is the best!
葛福预备中学是顶尖学校
She told me she’s done all the reading.
她说她书都看完了
Because she would do anything to please you.
因为她想讨好你
But there are perfectly good schools here in London…
伦敦也有很好的学校
that don’t require us to send her away.
她不必离开家里
And come on, Christopher.
拜托 克里斯多弗
You know she doesn’t want to go.
你知道她不想去
I went away when I was her age.
我像她这么大就离家念书了
It’ll prepare her for the real world.
这样能让她提早面对现实世界
Set her up for a career.
为未来作准备
Well, isn’t that our responsibility to her?
这不是我们的责任吗
What?
怎样
Do you even like your job?
你喜欢你的工作吗
What’s that got to do with anything?
你哪壶不开提哪壶
You’re going to hit your limit.
你快逼近极限了
One day you’re going to crack.
有一天会崩溃的
Evelyn.
艾芙琳
Look, if I work really hard now, then in the future…
如果我现在努力工作 未来
our life will be…
我们的生活会
Will be what? Will be better? Worse?
会怎样 更好 还是更糟
We don’t care, we want you.
我们不在乎 我们要的是你
This is life, Christopher.
这才是生活 克里斯多弗
This weekend is your life.
这周末是你的生活
Your life is happening now.
你的生活就在当下
Right in front of you.
就在你的眼前
Look. Hello!
你看 你好
Yahoo. Remember me? I’m your wife.
嗨 记得我吗 我是你老婆
And that’s another thing.
还有一件事
I haven’t seen you laugh in years.
我好多年没看你笑过
Evelyn.
艾芙琳
I want to see you have fun, sometimes.
我想看你偶尔开心点
Be silly. I didn’t fall for you
放开怀 我不是因为
because you had your career set up.
你的事业才爱上你
Was it my dancing?
是因为我跳的舞吗
Actually, yes, it was… It was dancing with you.
其实没错 是与你共舞
Being held by you.
被你抱在怀里
Look, don’t make this harder on me.
别让我更为难
I am sorry.
对不起
I’ll take my suitcase upstairs.
我把我的行李拿到楼上
Where is my suitcase?
我的行李呢
I didn’t bother packing it.
我根本没帮你打包
Have a nice time.
玩得开心
Goodbye.
再见
Goodbye.
再见
Take care. Hmm.
保重
See you soon.
回头见
We can have that game of gin rummy
现在你有空了
now that you’re a Tommy-time-on-his-hands.
我们可以打牌
Dear Father…
亲爱的父亲
I never knew you could draw so well.
我不知道你画画这么棒
Maybe you could hang this one next to mine.
不妨把它挂在我的画旁
Love, Madeline.
爱你的 梅德琳
Honey.
蜂蜜
Honey!
蜂蜜
Where am I?
我在哪里
I can’t see anything.
我什么都看不见
Oh, that’s right.
喔 对
Good morning, house.
早 房♥子
How are you today?
你今天好吗
Time to make myself hungry with my stoutness exercise.
该做肥胖运动 让自己饿肚子了
When I up, down, touch the ground
伸出手 往上 往下碰地上
It puts me in the mood
我的心情就来了
When I up, down, turn around
伸出手往上 往下碰地上
In the mood for food
吃东西的心情就来了
And I’m off, ready for my morning honey
准备出门 迎接美好早晨
Oh, some honey will make me feel better.
吃点蜂蜜会好一点
Oh, bother.
讨厌
Somebody seems to have eaten all the honey.
好像有人吃光了蜂蜜
Oh, my.
天啊
Foggy today.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!