爸,快开回去,我们撞着它了
We hit it.
没有,我们没撞到它下车
No, we didn’t hit it. Come on.
它在哪呢? -听在那边
Where is he, huh? Listen. Over there.
看到它了吗? – 过来,过来
See it? Come on. Come on.
在那边,看 – 嗯
Over there. Yeah.
绕到后面去
Go around behind it.
我抓到它了! – 赞恩!赞恩!过来!
Got it! Xan! Xan! Here!
过来!过来!
Here! Here! Here! Here!
慢点,说你呢!
Hey! Slow down, you!
没事了,这是什么东西?
All right… All right, what’s that?
你是怎么从那边跑出来的,小子?
How the devil did you get out here, fellow?
他抖个不停你看见了吗? – 看到了
He’s shaking like a leaf. See that?
你觉得他迷路了,是吗? – 对
You think he’s lost, what?
真的吗? – 看到他妈妈了吗?
Yeah? See his mom?
没有
No.
好吧…我想你没什么毛病
Well…I think you’re right. Yeah.
过来这里
Come here, you.
拿着他,拿着他
Here, take him, take him, take him. Shh.
嘿,你好
Hey, you.
他怎么样了?他饿了吧,是吗?
How’s he doing? He’s hungry, yeah?
你究竟在玩哪门子的把戏?
What on earth are you doing?
看好了,学着点,朋友
Watch and learn, my friend.
把冰淇淋放到这里面
Ice cream goes in here.
花放到上面
Flower goes on top.
奶瓶
Baby bottle.
慢用
Enjoy.
干杯
Cheers.
他可真是个容易生气的家伙
He’s a feisty guy.
是啊,瞅着点儿
Yeah?And voilà.
他在喝呢
He’s drinking.
他的脸有黑斑纹
His face, black streaks.

Yeah?
你知道那意味着什么吗?
Do you know what that means?
什么?
What?
一只印度豹
A cheetah.
一只印度豹可不是嘛
A cheetah? Yeah.
世界上最快的动物
The world’s fastest animal.
两秒钟内速度能从零提高到六十迈
From zero to 60… in two seconds!
我敢打赌他肯定比你的保时捷还快
I bet it’s faster than your Porsche.
也许吧
Maybe.
你认为我们要把他留下来吗?
You think we should hang on to him?
当然啦
Yeah.
为什么不呢?
Why not?
他还能有什么其他地方可去呢?
Where else is he gonna go?
赞恩?
Xan?
我们不能永远把他留着
We can’t keep him forever.
就像你妈妈和我 都不能把你永远留在身边一样
Not any more than your mom and I can keep you, huh?
总有一天,他要回到
He’s gotta go back
那个自己原来的世界去
to the world he came from one day.
妈!妈!
Mom! Mom!
快下来!快给我下来!
Ah! Get it off! Get it off!
妈,快来啊!他抓到爸爸了!
Mom, hurry! It’s got Dad!
那是只怪物!快来!快来!
It’s a monster! Come on! Come on!
先顾好你们自己!
Save yourselves!
天哪,它要把我给撕开了! – 赞恩?
God, it’s ripping me apart! Dad?
别再抓我了,你这只可怕的动物 它是–
Stop tearing at me, you terrible animal.
哦,你好
It’s– Oh, hello.
你好啊
PARROT: Hello.
看我们找到什么了
Look what we found.
这是谁啊?
And who’s this?
刚才可真玄
That was a close one.
少来了
Not nearly close enough.
我差点就被撕开了
I was almost torn asunder.
这是什么动物?
What is this?
看看我们找到什么了?
See what we found?
还好我不是他妈妈
I’m glad I’m not his mum.
丢了他我会伤心死的
I’d be heartbroken to lose him.
嘿,性感的妈妈去你那儿还是我那儿?
PARROT: Hey, sexy mama. Your place or mine?
说啥?
What?
爸?
Dad?
赞恩
Xan.
我可曾跟你谈过关于教那只鸟
Did I tell you about teaching that bird
说不当语句的这个问题吗?
questionable phrases?
我是怎么跟你说的,嗯?
What did I tell you, huh?
等会等会!
Wait. Wait!
等等
Wait.
现在松口吧
Now go.
在非洲,
In Africa,
他们认为一旦当你给别人起了名字
they say that when you give someone a name,
那么你就要为那个人负责
they become your responsibility.
一个得体的名字 要能把握住被授者最重要的本质
A proper name should capture the most important qualities
并能勾勒出他们所向往的某种生活
and point them towards a certain kind of life.
我为这小东西试过了不同的名字
I tried different names for the cub,
像Fuzzy(毛毛),Spots(点点) 或者Speedy(快快)
like Fuzzy, Spots, or Speedy,
但是没一个能定下来
but nothing stuck.
就当他逐渐成为我们日常生活里的一部分
As he became part of our daily lives,
他就要了解农场周围的一切
he got to know everything around the farm.
而且我想他也开始
And I think he started
觉得 这也是他的地盘
to feel like it was his place too.
后来妈妈想到了Duma(杜马), 印度豹在斯瓦希利语里的说法
Then Mom thought of “Duma,” the Swahili word for cheetah.
我们都认为这个名字很好听
We all thought it sounded pretty good.
就这样,Duma变成了我们大家的责任
So then Duma became our responsibility.
它现在有多快?
How fast does it go?
别为现在有多快而担心
Don’t worry about how fast right now.
别担心速度
Don’t worry about how fast.
要先想着如何开动它,懂吗?
Just worry about how to start, all right?
好 – 踩一点油门,一点就行
Yeah.A little petrol, just a little.
把这个踩下去
Press this down.
那个齿轮是干什么的?
And what is that gear?
一个下去– 对,一个下去,四个上来
One down. Yeah, one down, four up.
知道吗?
All right?
把手放这上面
Put your hand on it.
松开它放手
Let it go. Let it go.
放吧
Go ahead.
对了感觉到了吗?
That’s it. Feel that?

Yep.
你喜欢那感觉,对吗?
You like that, right?
好了,抓紧
All right, hold on.
你想开快点吗?就这样
You want to go fast now, don’t you?
再试一遍
Here, try one more time.
如果你放得太快,看
Now, if you let it out too fast, look…
这样的话,你就让它突然蹿出去了
Here, you’re popping it like that.
你可不想这样
You don’t want to do it.
紧点 – 拉到那边
Tight. Pull it to that side.
紧点紧点
Tight. Tight. Tight.
拉到它上面对了
Pull on it. There you go.
漂亮再来一次
Beauty. Put one more.
就是这样
There you are.
再来,再来紧点,紧点
One more, one more. Tight, tight.

All right.
现在,等会看着它,看着它
Watch it, watch it.
千万别低估了它
Don’t ever underestimate what you can do
你能用一点打包线做很多事,
with a bit of baling wire.
还不赖,是吧?
Yeah. It’s good, eh?
来啊,抓紧!你抓到了!
Hang on! You got it!
他来了
There he goes!
爸!
Dad!
爸!
Dad!
似乎把我爸爸与意外联♥系♥到一起根本就是件不可能的事
It seemed impossible that anything bad could have happened to my dad.
在他生病之前什么事都挡不住他
Before he got sick, he never let anything stop him.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!