我相信陛下深知
I’m sure Your Majesty appreciates that
公爵非常理解您的信仰
while the Duke is most sympathetic to your faith
但让主上改信新教
it is simply not possible for my master
那是不可能的事
to convert to the Protestant religion.
我们不会对法国王位继承者 提出这样的要求 阁下
We would not ask it of the heir to the throne of France, Monsieur.
我并不很了解您 陛下
I do not know you well, ma’am,
但我相信你不会成为天主教♥徒♥
but I know you would never make a Catholic.
你给了我很高的评价 阁下
You do me great honor, Monsieur.
公爵大人并非那种拿信仰来讨论之人
My master the Duke is not one to make issue of his beliefs.
那他和我倒是很适合
Then he and I are well suited.
我们理解公爵希望年俸为…
We understand the Duke seeks an annual income of…
六万英磅 陛下
拢60,000, madam.
已经被议会否决了
Which the Council has rejected.
我们要在这里谈条件么 罗宾?
Are we to talk terms here, Robin?
还是你想把我婚姻的前景淹没于 “不行 也许 可能”?
Or do you think to drown my marriage prospects in “No, maybe, perhaps”?
让我们继续谈话…
Let us continue to talk…
…陪我走走
…walk with me.
主上十分渴望与您相见
My master was so eager to see you.
我跟他说:”但女王陛下还在持观望态度”
I said to him, “But, Sir, the Queen is waiting.”
我们其实有些紧张 先生
We are ourselves somewhat anxious, dear Sir.
他什么时候能来?
So when will he arrive?
他已经在船上了 陛下
He is already on the boat, madam.
– 怎么? – 我们乔装而来 陛下
– What? – We have come in disguise, Your Majesty.
您?
You?
阁下 当然 请原谅… 不是?
Oh Monsieur, of course, excuse me… no?
阁下?
Monsieur?
– 不是 – 不是?
– No. – No?
陛下… 请允许我介绍
Madam… I wish to present
弗朗索瓦殿下, “阿朗松和安茹”公爵
His Highness Francois, Duke of Alencon and Anjou.
最正统的天主教国王–
Brother of the most Christian King,
亨利三世法国国王之胞弟
Henry III, King of France.
我们很荣幸您的到访 阁下
We are most pleased to make you welcome, Monsieur.
我不能自已了 陛下
I cannot move, madam.
我为您的美貌而倾倒
I am dazzled by your beauty.
你觉得你们女王喜欢我们主上么?
So do you think your queen like our master?
那么
So.
我们的谈话尚有许多悬而未决的答案
Much hangs on the result of our conversation.
哪怕是我们的每个眼神 都会被讨论再三
Oh, our every glance will be weighed and discussed.
保持自然是最安全的
A man and a woman were never at less risk of being natural.
我甚至都不应该来这 伊丽莎白
I am not even supposed to be here, Elizabeth.
可是现在…
And yet…
我却从未感到如此自如
I have never felt more natural.
我也是
And I too.
我们俩人 我想 将更多精力关注于政事
Both of us, I fancy, have spent so long in the glare of court gossip
使得– 使得日常生活看上去有些不自然
that… that privacy seems unnatural.
– 瓦尔·拉雪夫人? – 不在 长官
– Mistress Val Leseur? – No, sir.
安女士?
Lady Anne?
人都哪去了?
Where is everybody?
陛下在哪?
Where is Her Majesty?
据我们所知她在格林威治
We understand she is at Greenwich.
她在那里太久了
She spends much time there.
那里空气清新
The air is good there.
– 什么? – 空气清新
– What? – Good Air.
你们为何没有陪同?
And why are you not with her?
绝对是个好问题
That is indeed a very good question.
大人?
My Lord?
我想也许是…
I think it may be that…
斯米尔的主人 已经到了
Simier’s Master has arrived.
安茹?
Anjou?
在格林威治?
At Greenwich?
女王已做好被追求的准备了
The Queen is ready to be wooed.
他在又有何不可 大人?
Why should he not be here, my lord?
你是有所担心?
Is it any concern of yours?
你知道我担心什么 伯力勋爵
You know my concern, Lord Burghley.
远离爱情是我对她的忠告
I counsel out of love for her.
这场婚姻不能进行
This marriage will not go.
她会伤透心
Her heart will be broken.
不是您的
Not yours.
不是他的 如果他有
Or his, if he had one.
个人来讲 我从来不关心荷兰
Personally I never cared for the Dutch.
我觉得他们很正常
I find them common.
可您却来帮助他们
But you came to their aid.
他们都是造鞋匠 陛下
They are a nation of shoemakers, ma’am.
比起西班牙 我更喜欢他们
But I would rather have them than the Spanish.
Ugh.
而且他们都是新教♥徒♥–
And besides, they are Protestant…
我喜欢新教♥徒♥
and I have this weakness for Protestants.
那会使你成为一个新教♥徒♥么?
Does it extend to becoming a Protestant yourself?
我和天主教的关系要比你坏多了
My Catholic relations are far worse than yours.
他们一直试图杀掉我
They keep trying to kill me.
玛丽 苏格兰女王
– Mary, Queen of Scots. – Ah.
您迷人的法国表亲
You charming French Cousin.
当她同我那即将继承王位的表兄弗朗索瓦
When she was betrothed to my elder brother Francis
订婚时
who was to be the King of France,
看起来是那么浪漫
it seemed most romantic.
不过 当然那时玛丽才五岁
But of course Mary was only five.
可怜的小家伙
Poor little thing.
她毕竟是法国的女王!
She was Queen of France after all!
法国女王 之后又是苏格兰女王
Queen of France, then Queen of Scotland
可现在… 她什么都不是
and now… she’s nothing.
花♥园♥荒芜了
The park’s deserted.
法国人走空了
Empty of Frenchmen.
生活变得无趣了
The duller for it then.
为什么背着我 贝丝?
Why did you hide it from me, Bess?
如果可以的话 我能否不带着议会?
Can I not keep my counsel if I choose?
我受你约束么 先生?
Am I bound to you, sir?
如果你不能读懂我的静默 那你就什么都不是
If you cannot read my silence then you are nothing.
那个安茹公爵是个怎样的人?
So what manner of man is this Duke d’Anjou?
Hmm?
他风度优雅
– He is personable. – Oh.
我们很欣赏他
We like him well.
所以你要帮他重新掌握荷兰?
So you’ll help him retake the Netherlands?
你不希望我高兴么 罗宾?
Can you not wish me happy, Robin?
难道我的满足对你来说就是负担?
Would my contentment be such a burden to you?
我发誓 我从未想过上天会赐予我什么
I swear, I did not think it would ever be granted me,
但过去的几周 我–
but these last few weeks l…
– 我不能对你说谎 陛下 – 你又有一个新缺点了
– I cannot lie to you, madam. – There’s a new failing in you.
这场婚姻一定不能进行
This marriage must not be.
在我们年轻的美好岁月 上天眷顾着我们
When we were young and fair, and favor graced us,
我追求着您的爱恋
I sought you for my wife.
可您拒绝了我
But you spurned me.
你说 “走吧 别处去寻吧
You said “Go. Go seek some otherwhere.
不要再强求我”
Importune me no more.”
而现在…
And now…
而现在?
And now?
现在当激♥情♥俘获我时–
Now would you bid me hide a passion…
你要让我掩饰激动?
when a passion’s caught me?

Me.
过熟之果 风过凋零
Late fruit of the tree, a breath away from withering.
我请你不要在这件事上 去影响你那些议会朋友
I pray you do not work on your brothers in the council in this matter.
这是我的命令
That is my stern command.
她不允许我和她跳舞
I am not allowed to dance with her.
我明白我还不是她的亲近之人
I understand, I am not yet one of her intimates.
但是这个? 这个有必要么?
But this? Is this still necessary?
而我要戴个像撒拉逊女人般的面纱走出去?
Am I to go out in a veil like a Saracen’s wife?
正式而言 阁下 您不在这里
Officially, Monsieur, you are not here.
不幸的是在这个不幸的国家里…
Unfortunately the Earl of Leicester is not the only Protestant…
…莱斯特伯爵不是唯一的新教♥徒♥
…in this miserable country.
那些朋友不跳舞么?
Does the fellow not dance?
宫廷嘴杂
The Court watches us too closely.
有多少时光…
How many hours you and I…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!