She sometimes wonders whether she is allowed the luxury of feeling anything.
那个坏人离我 就如你我这样近
That villain was as close as you are now to me.
没有人能象我们这样亲近 贝丝
No one could be as close as we two, Bess.
你今晚不能独自过夜
You mustn’t be alone tonight.
– 不 – 不
– No. – No.
我不能 大人
Nor shall I, my lord.
在塔中我们的监房♥ 就像如今的住所这般接近
Our prisons in the tower were as close as our two apartments are now.
甜蜜的监禁生活
Sweet imprisonment.
我在塔中时 你姐姐玛丽掌权
In your sister Mary’s reign when I was in the tower,
我每天看着死亡
and looking to die every day,
我还记得那个早晨 他们将你从”叛国者之门”带进来
I remember the morning they brought you in through the Traitor’s Gate.
你从船上下来 水没过你的鞋子
Over your shoes in water as you stepped off the barge.
我坐在石阶上 不肯挪动
I sat down on the stone steps and refused to move.
领路的气急败坏 大喊大叫 我狠狠地刁难了他
My usher broke down and cried. I rated him severely.
“真理并非厄运”
“Truth is what matters, not misfortune.”
那是我说的
That’s what I said.
你的朋友们没有理由为你落泪
And that none of your friends should ever have cause to weep for you.
不 他们不该 莱斯特
No. Nor shall they, Leicester.
有些事情依旧是可能的
Some things still are possible.
我不能留下来
I cannot stay.
就因为和安茹的婚事?
Is this the marriage to Anjou?
如果结婚 我必须嫁给皇族
If I marry, I must marry royalty.
我不能和你结婚 我不能提出这样的提议
I could not marry you. I could not raise up a subject so.
Shhh.
吻我 贝丝
Just kiss me, Bess.
晚安 大人
Good night, my lord.
够了
That’s enough.
Shh,shh,shh,shh.
Shh,shh,shh.
Shh, shh, shh.
是谁指使你来刺杀女皇?
Who sent you to attack the Queen?
法国人?
The French?
西班牙人?
The Spanish?
罗马教皇?
The Pope in Rome?
Hmm?
等等!
Wait!
很好
Good.
你肯开口了
You have something to say.
早上好 陛下
Good morning, Your Majesty.
为了我个人以及王国的安全
For the safety of my person and my kingdom
我要进行这场联姻
I must proceed with this match.
贝丝 我求你
Bess, I beg you.
究竟是谁指使这个刺客?
I mean who was this would be assassin?
西班牙? 他们还会再派出多少人?
In the pay of Spain? Well, how many more will they send?
那你和安茹在一起又能有多少安全保障?
And how much more secure will you be with Anjou?
他的用意皆在荷兰
His interest is purely selfish in the Netherlands.
你的人♥民♥将–
Your people will…
怎么 你这里有伴!
Why, you have company!
埃塞克斯夫人来皇宫了
My Lady Essex has come to court.
我请求您的原谅 陛下
I crave your pardon, ma’am.
自埃塞克斯伯爵死后 我一直在此
I here since the death of Lord Essex,
在您庇佑下的爱尔兰
upon your service in Ireland.
我已经提议给新的埃塞克斯伯爵 一个职位来协助他
I have made an offer to assist the new Lord Essex.
我们对此十分遗憾
We were sad to hear of it.
Oh…
这么年轻就继承封号♥
so young to succeed to a title.
我们祝福你
We will kiss you.
你看起来不错 埃塞克斯夫人
You look well, my Lady Essex.
也许你在寻觅新的港湾
Perhaps you’re in search of new offers of marriage.
她看上你了 莱斯特
She has an eye for you, Leicester.
哦 你祖先的肖像
Oh, the portraits of your ancestors
– 看起来真不错 大人 – 是的
– look well on your walls, my lord. – Yes.
可惜好多被证明是叛国者
Pity so may of them proved to be traitors.
不 只有祖父和父亲 殿下
No, only my grandfather and father, ma’am.
现今这代绝无叛国之意
The present generation is entirely devoid of treason.
我们很高兴听到这个
We are pleased to hear of it.
她知道了
She knows.
她什么都不知道
She knows nothing.
她知道
She knows.
她的那双眼睛…
Those eyes of hers…
蛇的一般
marbled like a snake’s.
她肯定知道
She knows.
她对你有意思 莱斯特
She has an eye for you, Leicester.
她一无所知
She knows nothing.
试图行刺您的坏人已被严刑拷问
The villain who attempted your life has been put to the rack.
然后?
And?
似乎看起来是所谓的苏格兰女王
And it seems likely that the so-called Queen of Scots
恳请西班牙来对付您
has solicited Spanish help against you
– 并得到了罗马教皇庇佑 – 看起来?!
– with the blessing of the Pope. – Likely?!
“似乎看起来”? 那是我们的表亲 沃辛汉姆大人
“It seems likely”? This is our cousin, Master Walsingham.
难道她没有被我们软禁起来?
Is she not confined by us?
难道她不是在我们的监视下?
Is she not under guard at our command?
我们有确凿证据 证明她参与了这场阴谋吗?
Do we have proof positive that she was involved in this attempt?
那个年轻人说出她名字了?
Has the young man named her?
她早有谋逆之意
She long has been the focus of such conspiracies.
但作为这场阴谋的活跃分子?
But the active agent of such plots?
如果西班牙寻求 让天主教派取得英格兰王位 陛下
If the Spanish seek a Catholic for the throne of England, Madam,
那么英格兰女王的天主教表亲
then the Royal Catholic cousin of the Queen of England
则应是不二之选
would appear to be the obvious choice.
我们不是在 以危险的表亲玛丽一事进行演讲
We did not ask to be lectured on our dangerous cousin Mary.
如果我们有一丝要忘记 我们那亲爱的表亲之意
If we are ever inclined to forget our dear dear cousin
议会定能提醒我们
then the Council can be relied upon to remind us.
罗宾
Oh, Robin.
我被敌人袭击 我不知道该相信谁
I am set about by enemies, and I know not who to trust.
肯定不是法国 我恳求你
Well, not France, I beg you.
Hmph.
我明白你认为我在为自己着想–
Since I know you think I argue for myself…
你有时计较个人得失
You speak for your stomach sometimes.
那我就说说个人得失
I’ll talk self interest.
你认为那法国人与你联姻后 会怎样对待我?
What do you imagine Monsieur will do with me after he has your hand?
我要变成天主教♥徒♥?
Shall I be Catholique?
我们都要变成天主教♥徒♥不成?
Shall we all be Catholic?
公爵的信仰是私人问题 罗宾 如同你的信仰一样
The Duke’s religion is a private matter, Robin, as is yours.
我不会强迫人们的信仰
I will not make windows into men’s souls.
但他将成为你的主人
Yet he will be your master.
他会受到严格条款的约束
Monsieur will be bound by strict conditions.
罗宾…
Robin…
整件事情值得亲吻的
the only things that will kiss in this affair
只有律师的笔和协议书
will be lawyers’ pens and lawyers’ papers.
他有口臭 听说 而且驼背
He has foul breath they say, and a hump.
可怜的英格兰行单影只 罗宾
Poor England stands alone, Robin.
先生们…
Well, gentlemen…
如果一定要联姻 那就联吧
if marriage it must be then it must be.
收桨
Oars up.
先生们 怎么都窘着脸?
Oh, gentlemen, why such long faces?
我们是在期待婚礼 还是等待葬礼?
Are we about a marriage or is a funeral in prospect?
让·斯米尔 圣·马克男爵的首席助理
Jean de Simier, chief aide to the Baron de St. Marc,
安茹公爵的心腹
and chief darling to the Duke of Anjou.
这在法国宫廷中就算有魅力了?
Is this what passes for charm at the French Court?
你在英格兰宫廷 是不是正缺乏此种魅力?
Are you what passes for lack of it at the English one?
– 说得好 – 我给您带来了珠宝
– Touche. – I bring you jewels
公爵亲自为您所选
from the Duke his own self.
仅是想到您的美貌就足以令他痴迷
He’s in ecstasy at the thought of your beauty.
他的代表应让他汗颜
His representative does him little credit.
一只猴子
A monkey.
显然是猴子
A most obvious monkey.
我个人认为猴子很迷人 很有趣
Personally I have always found monkeys charming, and amusing.
而且聪明
– And intelligent. – Oh.
戴维逊大人
Ah, Master Davison.
谢谢你,阁下
Thank you, Monsieur.
欢迎 先生们 来到我们这个…
Welcome, Monsieur, to our poor country…
…满是可怜新教♥徒♥的小国
…full of miserable protestants.
此乃我之荣幸 陛下
The pleasure is mine, My Lady.
这边请
This way.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!