And, in the interest of science, you dissected,
提取 数据比较…
removed and statistically compared…
骨头 肌肉 肌腱
Bones, muscles, tendons,
静脉 动脉 肾脏 肝脏 心脏
veins, arteries, kidneys, livers, hearts,
胃 生殖器 指甲 舌头
stomachs, reproductive organs, nails, tongues,
眼睛 鼻子 神经系统
eyes, noses, nervous systems,
各种条件反射…
the various reflexes…
条件反射? 死人的反射?
Reflexes? Of the dead?
不不 是活人的反射!
No , no. Of the living!
死了的人是不会有膝跳反射的
You can’t make a dead man’s knee jump
就像不能测试死尸对前脑叶白质切除术的反应一样!
any more than you can test a corpse’s reaction to a prefrontal lobotomy!
你是说你们已经进化到
You mean you were advanced enough
可以在活人身上做实验性的脑外科手术了?
to perform experimental brain surgery on living humans?
是的!
Oh, yes!
我们甚至尝试模拟他们萎缩的语言中枢
We even tried to stimulate their atrophied speech centers.
你们尝试刺♥激♥过泰勒上校的语言中枢吗?
Did you try to stimulate Colonel Taylor’s speech center?
当然没有! 他已经可以说话了
Of course not! He could talk already.
在你离开的时候 泰勒上校还活着吗?
When you left, was Colonel Taylor still alive?
我们都爱泰勒
We loved Taylor.
我和科尼利斯 我们尽了最大努力救他
We did all we could to help him, Cornelius and I.
– 科尼利斯! – 她现在该睡觉了
– Cornelius! – She should have a nap now.
让她睡吧
She’ll get it.
– 传令兵 – 长官?
– Orderly. – Sir?
请把那位女士带回住处
Please take the female ape to its quarters.
是 长官
Yes, sir.
我们必须马上把这个消息告诉委员会
We have to get this to the commission immediately.
先生们
Gentlemen.
我收到了总统的正式通知
I’ve received an official notification from the President,
总统批准了委员会依据海瑟伦博士
ratifying the recommendations made by this commission
发给我们的录音带而给出的建议
in light of the tape recordings delivered to us by Dr Hasslein.
现在 大家请就座 我们马上进入正题
Now, if you’ll just be seated, we’ll get right down to business.
现在 由我来复审我们的结论
Now, let me review our conclusions.
一: 多数票认为 委员会没有确凿证据表明
One: by a majority vote, the commission finds no solid evidence for hostility
到目前公元1973年为止
by either ape towards humans
有任何猿对人类构成了威胁
as at present constituted in this year of our Lord 1973.
提醒一下 这是多数投票的结论
Let me remind you that this was by a majority vote.
雄性认为那是一个善意的
The male’s attitude is that of a well-disposed academician
具有一名出色的历史学家应有的真正客观
who studied the alleged downfall of the human race
研究所谓人类灭亡的学者
with the true objectivity of a good historian.
雌性则不同 如果那些事发生在今天
The female’s case is different in that she committed actions against the human race
她勉强称得上是犯了反♥人♥类♥罪
of a sort which, if committed today, would be called atrocities.
但是在他们有限的动物智力下
But would they be so called in 2,000 years’ time
在人类成为他们口中愚蠢畜生的两千年后
when it is alleged that humans will have become dumb brutes
他们会怎么看待这种行为呢?
with the restricted intelligence of animals?
值得注意的是 猿类将会对人类做什么
It has been pointed out that what apes will do to humans
而不是人类现在要对野兽做什么
is no more than what humans are now doing to beasts.
尽管如此 委员会对海瑟伦博士的主张表示赞同
Nonetheless, the commission is sympathetic to Dr Hasslein’s conviction
因为猿类的后代会在几个世纪后
that the progeny of these apes could in centuries to come
表现出对人类越来越大的威胁
prove an increasing threat to the human race
而且确实会最终统治人类
and conceivably end by dominating it.
这是我们不能忽视的危险
This is a risk we dare not ignore.
因此 委员会全体一致建议
Therefore, the commission unanimously recommends
应该阻止雌性猿腹中胎儿的降世
that the birth of the female ape’s unborn child should be prevented
在流产手术后
and, after its prenatal removal,
雌雄两只猿
both the male and female
应该人为地使他们失去生育能力
should humanely be rendered incapable of bearing another.
我现在宣布委员会解散
I now declare this commission dissolved.
野蛮人! 他们是野蛮人!
Savages! They are savages!
把针扎在我怀孕的妻子身上!
Jabbing needles into my pregnant wife!
我也这么做过 亲爱的 甚至更野蛮
I’ve done that too, dear. And worse.
泰勒一开始也觉得我们是野蛮人
Taylor thought we were savages at first.
他们还让你说了泰勒的事情?
Did they make you tell them about Taylor, too?
他们让我把所有事情都说了 科尼利斯
They made me tell them everything, Cornelius.
畜生!
Brutes!
我能说说我的感受吗?
Shall I tell you something?
我很高兴我说出来了 我们不能带着谎言生活
I’m glad I did. We can’t live with lies.
经过这件事 我不确定他们会不会允许我们活下去
After this, I doubt we shall be allowed to live at all.
你是认真的吗?
Do you mean that?
还有多久出生?
How long?
一周 可能更快
A week. Maybe sooner.
他们根本不尊重你
They treated you like dirt.
女士 先生 吃饭时间到了
Ma’am. Sir. Chow time.
我不饿
I’m not hungry.
可能某个还不会说话的宝宝饿了
Well, maybe somebody else is who can’t talk yet.
吃吧 女士 这全是维他命C
Come on, ma’am. It’s pure vitamin C.
你最好为了小猴子把汤喝了 把橙子吃了
You better have your soup and oranges for the sake of that little monkey.
– 不 科尼利斯! – 没有谁可以戏弄我老婆
– No, Cornelius! – Nobody makes a fool out of my wife.
– 但我们应该… – 我们要做的就是离开
– But ought we to call for… – We just ought to leave.
我很快就要跟海瑟伦博士回去了 我一定要亲自告诉他
I’ll be going back with Dr Hasslein soon. I’m the one who has to tell them.
– 斯蒂薇 你一定要帮我 – 当然 我马上就来
– Stevie, you gotta come help me. – Of course. I’ll come right away.
感觉那么残忍♥ 可怕… 不知道该怎么形容 一会儿见
It just seems so cruel and horrible and… I don’t know. I’ll see you.
– 残忍♥ 迪克森博士? – 难以置信 佐拉想要她的宝宝
– Cruel, Dr Dixon? – Unbelievably. Zira wants her baby.
– 我也想 – 可惜死了
– So do I. – But dead.
是啊
Yes.
你希望孩子的父母也死了
You’d prefer the parents dead, too.
我们走吗?
Shall we go?
四号♥门
Gate four.
请稍等 长官 我去看看
Just a minute, sir. I’ll take a look.
不 长官 中尉还没有回来
No, sir. The lieutenant hasn’t checked in.
– 晚安 查理 – 晚安 艾德
– Night, Charlie. – Night, Ed.
好的 长官 我会告诉他 “联♥系♥警车” 好的 长官 一看见他就转达
Yes, sir, I’ll tell him. “Contact the motor pool.” Yes, sir. Just as soon as I see him.
四号♥门
Gate four.
是的 队长
Oh, yes, Captain.
不 长官 六点前没有可用的供给车
No, sir. The supply truck isn’t due until 0600 hours.
– 抱歉 长官 – 晚安 查理
– Well, I’m sorry, sir. – Good night, Charlie.
我说过晚安了
I said good night.
在那之前我们没办法联♥系♥他
We haven’t any way to contact him until then.
补给站的门已经关了 长官
The depot’s closed, sir.
好的 长官 我准备换岗了 但代班人会在四点半到
OK, sir. I’ll be off duty, but the relief comes on at 0430 hours
我会让他转达消息的
and I’ll get him to pass the message.
好的 长官
Yes, sir.
佐拉 怎么回事?
Zira, what’s the matter?
我感觉要生了
I think my pains have begun.
天啊
Oh, my dear.
快去行政部门 博士 有紧急事件
Administration, Doctor. It’s urgent.
– 什么事? – 那两只猿猴把传令兵杀了
– What happened? – The apes killed their orderly.
– 他们在哪? – 跑了
– Where are they? – On the run.
现在他们已经杀人了 为此必须杀死他们
Now they’ve killed, and for that they must be killed.
一定要他们集结更多畜生
It has to be done before we start a stone rolling
来杀光我们前解决他们!
that’ll gather enough poison moss to kill us all!
听着 我现在回营地 去找路易斯帮忙
Look. I’m going back to the camp. I’m going to find Lewis and get help.
– 不! – 佐拉!
– No! – Zira!
我对那个男的失去耐心了 现在他们可能…
I just lost my temper with the boy. Now, they may…
– 现在好多了 我可以走 – 听我说!
– It’s better now. I can walk. – Listen to me!
他们会为我们所做的事惩罚我们 但至少孩子要生下来
They may punish us for what we did, but at least the baby will be born.
– 他们有武器吗? – 没有 我觉得没有
– Were they armed? – No, I don’t believe so.
这样就没有必要开枪
Then there will be no need for a shooting match.
– 不是严格意义上的 不是 – 我是严肃地说的 海瑟伦
– Not strictly speaking, no. – I am speaking strictly, Hasslein.
科学把这些猿类当做怪物
Science regards these apes as unique.
实际上人们把他们当做人类
The people regard them as practically human.
那他们必须明白今日的杀手可能在明日制♥造♥大屠♥杀♥
Then they must be told that today’s killers could be tomorrow’s mass murderers.
他们当然应该明白 我想没有谁比你更有资格
Of course they must. I can think of no one better equipped emotionally than yourself
让他们相信这种可能性
to persuade them of that possibility.
但是 在民♥主♥国家 我们不能在罪名尚未证实之前
But, in a democracy, we do not shoot unarmed suspects on sight
对没有武器的杀人嫌犯开枪
for a murder in which their participation is still unproven.
我要抓到他们 但要活捉!
I want them taken, yes. But taken alive!
– 清楚了吗? – 非常清楚 总统先生
– Is that clear? – Quite clear, Mr President.
你迷路了吗 小姐?
You lost, miss?
是你啊 布兰登博士
Oh, it’s you, Dr Branton.
你最好小心点 这里有凶案
You better be careful. There’s been a murder.
– 凶案? – 是的 女士

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!