我不知道你在唠叨些什么 欧内斯特
I don’t know what you’re rambling on about, Earnest,
而且我觉得你也不清楚自己在说啥
and I don’t think you do either.
我去烧壶水 好吗 宝贝
I’ll put the kettle on, shall I, duck?
来杯好茶
A nice cup of tea.
惊喜 亲爱的
Surprise, dear!
什么 – 嘿 铛铛铛
What? – Hey, presto!
注意点 太阳会把我的沙发罩晒掉色的
Mind, the sun will fade my loose covers.

Look.
什么啊
What?
你看见什么了吗 – 没
Do you see anything? – No.
没有什么新的 不一样吗
Nothing new, different?
没有
No.
那辆绿色的车
That green car?
好吧 它怎么了
Well, what about it?
那台凯♥旋♥先锋 它昨天还不在那儿
Triumph Herald, it wasn’t there yesterday.
现在总是有不同的车停在我们家外面
There’s always different cars stuck outside our house nowadays.
那辆特别一点
Well, that one is special.
它有什么特别的
What’s special about it?
它是我们的
It’s ours!
噢 别傻了 欧内斯特
Oh, don’t be daft, Earnest.
来吧 亲爱的 上车
Come on, dear. Get in.
呃 Er
Oh, Er…
还是算了吧 我还穿着围裙呢
I don’t like to. I’ve still got my pinny on.
而且我的头发还没打理 – 来嘛
And I haven’t done my hair. – Come on!
这车真是你的
Is it really yours?
是我们的 亲爱的
Ours, darling.
把门关上 让我们去兜风
Shut the door, we’ll go for a spin.
我之前都不知道你会开车
I didn’t know you could drive a proper car.
雷蒙德寄信来了
Letter from Raymond.
天哪 体力劳工的平均收入是
Crumbs! The average male manual worker earns
每周13镑2先令11便士
£13, 2s and 11d a week.
啊呀 怕是所有人都要比我挣得多了
Blimey! I must be below everything.
这可不适用于你 欧内斯特
Oh, it doesn’t apply to you, Earnest.
你又不是体力劳工
You’re not a manual worker.
哇 他要去当老师了
Oh, he’s going to be a teacher.
嗯 不错 这次他倒愿意走回寻常路了
Oh, good. That’s a bit more regular.
是在一所艺术学院 – 更不错了
It’s in a college of art. – That’s better.
谢天谢地不只是一般的艺术学校
Thank God it’s not just an art school.
是兼♥职♥ – 呃 兼♥职♥就不怎么好了
Part-time. – Well, part-time is no good.
兼♥职♥大多是女人去干的
That’s more for women.
一周工作一天 你看
One-day a week, look.
啊呀
Blimey.
他干一天挣的钱几乎
He gets almost as much for one day as
和我♥干♥整整一周挣的差不多
I get for the whole bloody week.
干嘛呢你
Ernest!
喔 还有 “我30号♥会来回来”
Oh, “See you on the 30th.
“会带吉恩一起来”
“I’ll be bringing… Jean with me.”
他们到啦 埃特
Here they come, Ette.
我回来了 妈妈 爸爸
Hello, Mum. Dad.
这是吉恩
This is Jean.
你好 吉恩
Hello, Jean.
你好
Hello.
你来啦 亲爱的
Hello, dear.
哎呀 怎么这副样子
Oh! Look at you.
来 梳子给你
Here’s a comb.
妈妈 我们已经一个月没见了
Mum, I haven’t seen you for a month.
我现在领着我未来的妻子来见你
I’ve just brought my future wife to meet you.
就别提梳子这茬事啦
I do not want a comb!
那好吧
Right then,
我去 呃 烧点开水
I’ll, um… put the kettle on.
对不起 妈妈
Sorry, Mum.
没事 过来这边坐 亲爱的
Oh, come and sit down, dear.
你能来看我 我很开心
Lovely to see you.
也很开心见到你 简
And you too, Jane.
她叫吉恩 妈妈
Jean, Mum.
我觉得你会喜欢
I thought you’d like…
喔 谢谢你 亲爱的
Oh, thank you, dear.
这是什么呀
Whatever is it?
一瓶葡萄酒 妈妈 – 葡萄酒
It’s a bottle of wine, Mum. – Wine!
哦 亲爱的 我不喜欢 – 开瓶钻在哪
Oh, dear. I don’t know… – Got a corkscrew anywhere?
葡萄酒 哦 乖乖
Wine! Oh, dear.
没事 妈妈 它不会炸的 – 我不喜欢听那声”砰”
It’s all right, Mum. It won’t explode. – I don’t like bangs.

Oh!
拜拜 妈妈 拜拜 爸爸 – 保重 儿子
Bye, Mum. Bye, Dad. – Cheerio, son.
我真希望你能买♥♥辆轿车 亲爱的
I do wish you’d get a nice car, dear.
货车比较便宜 妈妈
A van is cheaper, Mum.
还不用交购置税 – 但轿车还是比货车好得多
No purchase tax! – But a car is so much nicer.
拜拜
Bye!
这女孩子不错 是吧 – 她话说的不多
She was a nice kid, wasn’t she? – She didn’t say much.
她那是害羞 非常害羞呀
She’s shy. Very shy.
就像当年的你 甜心
Like you, sweetheart.
她头发乱糟糟的
Hair all over the shop.
长得太高 – 这可不能怪到她头上 亲爱的
Too tall. – She can’t help that, dear.
她那腿可真长 – 别老想着她的腿了 欧内斯特
She’s all legs. – Never mind her legs, Earnest.
她需要好好烫个发 他需要好好剪个头发
She needs a perm and he needs a good haircut.
噢 不
Oh, no.
他说他们俩要在登记处结婚
He says they’re going to get married in a registry office.
呃 这是新兴的结婚方式呀 Ette – 啊 这太糟心啦
Well, that’s the modern way, Ette. – Oh, it’s horrible.
的确 可他们俩都不信教啊
Yes, but neither of them is religious.
我又不是想他信教
I don’t want him to be religious,
我只是想他能在教堂结婚
I just want him to get married in a church!
那可好多了
It’s so much nicer.
那么你们打算什么时候要孩子 亲爱的
And when are you going to start a family, dear?
呃 不知道 真不知道 妈妈
Well, I don’t know, really, Mum.
我们或许根本不会要孩子 – 老天呀 干嘛不打算要
Probably not at all. – Goodness me, why ever not?
我想当奶奶
I want to be a granny.
呃 吉恩有点儿毛病 妈妈
Well, Jean’s got problems, Mum.
脑子不太行
Brain trouble.
脑子不太行 – 对
Brain trouble? – Yeah.
呃 我是这么说的 有点开玩笑的意思
Well, that’s what I call it, as a sort of joke.
她经常出入疯人院
She goes in and out of the loony bin.
你是说她
You mean she’s…
她疯了 – 对 呃 也可以这么说
She’s mental? – Yeah, well, that’s one word for it.
她得的是精神分♥裂♥症
The other word is schizophrenia.
噢 我的乖乖
Oh, dear.
可怜的孩子
Poor thing.
所以 我终究还是当不了奶奶咯
So, I won’t be a granny after all.
别太纠结了 妈妈
Never mind, Mum.
整个一个垃圾场
What a dump.
“垃圾场”
“Dump”?!
妈妈 政♥府♥已经把这里定为
Mum, the Government has designated this
“自然美景保护区”了
an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
一个官方承认的保护区
An AONB… it’s official.
我还是要说这是垃圾场
But I still say it’s a dump.
南部丘陵地就在花♥园♥尽头
The South Downs are at the end of the garden.
我不跟你吵 不吵了
I give up, I give up.
儿子 这就是我梦寐以求的那种地方呀
Son, it’s the sort of place I always dreamed about.
我懂 爸爸
I know, Dad.
我知道的
I know.
他们看起来在那住得很开心 尽管有精神分♥裂♥这码事
They seem very happy down there, despite the schizo business.
我想 是吧
Yes, I suppose so.
我希望他能把脏衣服寄回来给我洗
I was hoping he’d send his washing home.
哦 Et 别犯傻了 他已经成家了
Oh, Et, don’t be daft. He’s married!
是的 我知道
Yes, I know.
那是什么
What’s that?
我的退休证书
My retirement certificate.
“效力于皇家阿森纳合作社37年”
“37 years’ service with the Royal Arsenal Co-operative Society.”
我不太想在客厅墙上挂这个
I’m not sure I want that on the front room wall.
呃 就挂这了 埃塞尔
Well, that’s where it’s going, Ethel.
“这是一个人的一小步
“It’s one small step for man…

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!