我的父母一生平淡无奇
There was nothing extraordinary about my mum and dad,
他们从没闹过
nothing dramatic.
也没离婚或怎样
No divorce or anything,
但他们毕竟是我的父母
but they were my parents
所以我想做一本绘本来纪念他们
and I wanted to remember them by doing a picture book.
说真的 这有点奇怪
It’s a bit odd, really,
出了一本关于你父母的书 上了畅销书榜
having a book about my parents up there in the bestseller list
混在那些讲足球英雄和烹饪的书里
among all the football heroes and cook books.
我想 他们会为此骄傲吧
They’d be proud of that, I suppose.
但更可能会觉得尴尬
But probably rather embarrassed too.
我想象着他们会说 “才不是那样的”
I imagine they would say, “It wasn’t like that.”
或者说 “你怎么能谈论那个”
Or, “How can you talk about that?”
无论如何 我出了这本书
Well, I have.
而且这就是他们的故事
And this is their story.
再见 妈妈 – 再见 亲爱的
Bye, Mum! – Bye, dear.
再见 欧内斯特老兄 – 再见
Ta ta, Ern, mate. – Ta ta.
再见
Ta ta.
快点打扫 埃塞尔
Hurry up with that dusting, Ethel .
火还没生 床也没铺好
There’s the fire to stoke and the beds to make.
好的 夫人 我快好了
Yes, madam. I won’t be long.
埃塞尔 你还没打扫好吗
Ethel ! Aren’t you finished yet?
是的 夫人
Yes, madam.
抱歉 夫人
Sorry, madam.
嘿 嘿
Hey, hey!
埃塞尔 你在哪儿
Ethel! Where are you?
来了 夫人
Coming, madam.
埃塞尔
Ethel !
埃塞尔
Ethel !!
埃塞尔
Ethel ?!!
好了 好了 我来了
Yes, yes, I’m coming!
真烦
Doh!
你好 小可爱
Hello, duck.
噢 是你啊
Oh! Oh, it’s you.
我觉得该来自我介绍一下
Thought I’d introduce myself.
因为你朝我抖抹布抖了够多次了
You’ve waved that blooming duster at me enough times.
哦不 我不是故意的 只是
Oh, no, I didn’t mean to. It was just that…
我叫欧内斯特
Name’s Earnest.
我叫埃塞尔 – 你名字真好听
I’m Ethel . – That’s a nice name.
埃塞尔 你愿意和我去看电影吗
Well, Ethel, how about coming to the pictures with me?
哦 这个 我
Oh, well, I…
我有很多活要做
They’ve got lots for me to do.
你什么时候下班 – 7点左右
What time you knock off? – I finish about seven.
完美 他们正在本地放映<刽子手之家>
Perfect! They are showing Hangman’s House at the local.
你是说去加冕影院吗 – 是的
You mean, the Coronation? – Yes.
电影8点开始 我们可以在那碰头
Starts at eight. I could meet you there.
谢谢 那
Thank you. That
那太好了 – 很好
that would be very nice. – Grand.
还有这些是送给你的
And these, they’re for you.
它们很 漂亮
They are… lovely.
那我们7点45分见 – 好的
See you about a quarter to, then. – Yes.
好的 我会去的
Yes, I’ll be there!
欧内斯特
Earnest…
两张票 谢谢
Two, please.
维克托 · 麦克拉格伦 – 他是谁
Victor McLaglen. – Who’s he?
上面的就是他 – 噢
Him up there. – Oh.
我的最爱
My favourite.

Oh…
欧内斯特 这听起来是不是很棒
Oh, Earnest, doesn’t it sound wonderful?
哇哦 天呐
Cor! Blimey, yeah.
5先令才能进去
Five shillings to get in!
照我说这太奢侈了
A bit posh if you ask me.
跟你讲啊 下周日我们教堂的舞会只要1先令不到
Tell you what, it’s under a shilling at our church hall next Saturday.
赏脸吗 – 讨厌 欧内斯特
Are you on? – Oh, Earnest!
这花真美 亲爱的
Lovely flowers, darling.
那是我爸种的 他对花♥园♥很着迷
Oh, that’s Dad. He’s potty about the garden.
你们都在这儿长大的吗 – 是的 我们11个都是
Did you all grow up here? – Yes, 11 of us.
鲍勃和贝蒂和美格和伊迪 我
Bob, Beaty, Mag, Edie, me,
弗兰克和弗洛和杰西和乔治和乔还有比尔
Frank, Flo, Jessie, George, Joe and Bill.
哇哦 我的天
Cor, blimey!
快来见见我爸妈
Come and meet Mum and Dad.
欧内斯特 你的领带
Earnest, your tie.
得留个好印象啊 – 是的 亲爱的
Want to make a good impression. – Oh, yes, darling.
乔治在战争中牺牲
George was killed in the war,
鲍勃夭折了 贝蒂两岁半的时候去世了
Bob died as a baby and Beaty died at two and a half.
可怜的小孩们 – 嗯
Poor little kiddies. – Hm.
你好 亲爱的
Hello, dear.
妈妈 这是欧内斯特
Mum, this is Earnest.
非常高兴见到您 鲍耶太太
Very pleased to meet you, uh, Mrs. Bowyer.
你还没邀请我去你家呢 亲爱的
You haven’t asked me to your home yet, dear.
嗯 我家没你家这么好 亲爱的
Yeah, well, it’s not as nice as yours, darling.
没那么好是什么意思
What do you mean, not as nice?
就是 我那里到处是废铁 和收破烂的人
Well, there’s scrap iron, rag-and-bone men,
小酒馆外面常有打架 女人也上阵那种
there’s fights outside the pubs. Women too.
警♥察♥们都不愿意去那儿
The coppers won’t go down there.
最后一个过去的警♥察♥ 他们把他群殴了
The last one that did go, they bashed him up,
然后坐在他身上
then sat on him
还吹他的口哨来吸引更多的警♥察♥
and then blew him up his whistle to fetch more coppers.
哦 欧内斯特
Oh! Earnest.
你不会喜欢那里的 亲爱的
It’s not your cuppa tea, darling.
我是该理解为你想离开我们吗
Am I to understand that you wish to leave us?
是的 夫人
Yes, madam.
去结婚
To get married?
是的 夫人
Yes, madam.
嫁给一个男人
To a man?!
是的 夫人
Yes, madam.
好吧
Well…
我希望你知道自己在做什么
…I hope you know what you’re doing.
真的非常抱歉 夫人
Ever so sorry, madam.
箱子给我 亲爱的
Give us your box, darling.
我不想离开她们 她们是如此的无助
I don’t like leaving them, they’re so helpless.
她们自己什么都做不了
They can’t do a thing for themselves.
嗯 她们活该
Hm. Serve ’em right.
傲慢的资本家
Bloated plutocrats!
没必要咒骂她们 欧内斯特
There’s no need to swear, Earnest.
什么
What?
别为她们担心 很快她们会找到新的女仆
Don’t worry about them. They’ll soon get another skivvy.
我不是个女仆
I was not a skivvy!
我是个侍女 再说了
I was a lady’s maid and what’s more,
我快要结婚了
I’m going to be married!
我也是
So am I!
哇 真漂亮
Oh, it’s lovely.
但是825英镑 我们能负担得起贷款吗
But £825? Can we afford that mortgage business?
当然 很简单 很快我就能每周挣3基尼了
Yeah, it’s easy. I’ll be getting three guineas a week soon.
然后 我们只用供25年
Besides, we’ve got 25 years.
到了1955年 房♥子就是我们的了
19… 55, it’ll be ours.
这是一扇锻铁门 夫人
A wrought iron gate, your ladyship.
傻瓜
Silly.
哦 看呀 欧内斯特 一根大理石柱子
Oh, and look, Earnest, a marble pillar.
看这个
Look at this.
欧内斯特 地方好大啊
Oh, Earnest. It’s so much space.
我们可以装上一些电灯
We could get those electric lights put in.
是啊 漂亮又现代
Yeah, nice and modern.
弗莱德哥哥有无线电 可以听德国电台
Brother Fred’s got a wireless. He can hear Germany.
你想从德国电台听什么
Whatever would you want to hear Germany for?
哇 一扇落地窗
Oh! A French window!
欧内斯特 这是浴室
Oh, Earnest, there’s the bathroom!
我的天 还有马桶
Blimey! The lav too.
跟上 欧内斯特
Come along, Earnest.
巨大的卧室 一个房♥间有四个窗户
Enormous bedroom! Four windows in one room!
买♥♥窗帘要花大价钱了
It’ll cost a fortune for curtains.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!